Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism (1167 Views)

Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by JayCynic(m): 10:46am On Jun 24, 2020
Feminism is a postulation that has seen adverse criticism and alienation in the Nigerian clime. While there has been a lot of misconceptions and misinterpretations of the ideology by some Nigerian women, I am of the opinion that the belief is a valid one if we use a logical path to approach it.

The General law of feminism is that Man = Woman in society, and nobody should be discriminated or disrespected on the grounds of their gender. If we go by this definition, everyone with a good sense of reasoning should be pro-feminism. The female gender has experienced a long history of discrimination and abuse which has caused women to be overlooked, belittled and disregarded in society. We are in the 21st Century and I vehemently support the cause that women and men should be accorded equal rights in society.

However, we have seen a new wave of Feminism in the past decade which could also be viewed as "Feminazism." This new theory literally alludes that women are better than men, this theory believes that a woman who cooks for her husband is a docile slave, this new theory pronounces all men who desire their wives to be submissive as "Sexists," this new theory calls J.Cole a misogynist when he humbly advices Noname on how to speak to black folks, this new theory states that all men are rapists, this new theory is anti-matrimony, this new theory accuses men of objectifying women while praising Cardi Bs and Nicki Minajs, this new theory accuses you of "mansplaining" when you argue with a woman. This is an ideology in gross disorder.

While I believe marriage shouldn't be a bondage, I believe the head of a family should be chosen by the religion or institution which establishes it, I believe that cooking and house chores are flippant issues and can be done by any partner who chooses to, I believe that Daddy can bath or change Junior's diapers if he wishes, I believe that there should be no rule as to who does the household duties but there should be a common ground on who does it.

I believe that women who desire to own big businesses should put in the same hardwork put in by men who own big businesses and stop the self-victimization, I believe that women are as smart as men and intelligence does not lie in gender, I believe my wife can be my boss while at work and still respect me as a wife when we're back home, I believe that my wife has the right to earn more than I do, I believe in decent dressing for all genders, I believe that we shouldn't see women as sex-slaves, I believe that the man is the head of the FAMILY, and everybody is equal in SOCIETY, I believe that marital status isn't a proper benchmark for judging a woman's success in life, I believe that every woman has a voice, every woman has a choice, every woman has a say. No woman is a slave.

I am a Feminist not a Feminazi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by luwiizy(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2020
today's feminism is full of bull crap....woman is woman, man is man...
women can't work as hard as men..with facts and figures..
so how can they earn equally pay, abi we all no be human being?..

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by Premiumwriter: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2020
OK.
I hope the ladies see this and then dm you.

11 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by lilmax(m): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2020
Feminism and Christianity do not mix

I can't take anyone who mix the two seriously

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by 4ckz: 11:28am On Jun 24, 2020
JayCynic:

SIMPle

8 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by MrSensor(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2020
JayCynic:
Feminism is a postulation that has seen adverse criticism and alienation in the Nigerian clime. While there has been a lot of misconceptions and misinterpretations of the ideology by some Nigerian women, I am of the opinion that the belief is a valid one if we use a logical path to approach it.

The General law of feminism is that Man = Woman in society, and nobody should be discriminated or disrespected on the grounds of their gender. If we go by this definition, everyone with a good sense of reasoning should be pro-feminism. The female gender has experienced a long history of discrimination and abuse which has caused women to be overlooked, belittled and disregarded in society. We are in the 21st Century and I vehemently support the cause that women and men should be accorded equal rights in society.

However, we have seen a new wave of Feminism in the past decade which could also be viewed as "Feminazism." This new theory literally alludes that women are better than men, this theory believes that a woman who cooks for her husband is a docile slave, this new theory pronounces all men who desire their wives to be submissive as "Sexists," this new theory calls J.Cole a misogynist when he humbly advices Noname on how to speak to black folks, this new theory states that all men are rapists, this new theory is anti-matrimony, this new theory accuses men of objectifying women while praising Cardi Bs and Nicki Minajs, this new theory accuses you of "mansplaining" when you argue with a woman. This is an ideology in gross disorder.

While I believe marriage shouldn't be a bondage, I believe the head of a family should be chosen by the religion or institution which establishes it, I believe that cooking and house chores are flippant issues and can be done by any partner who chooses to, I believe that Daddy can bath or change Junior's diapers if he wishes, I believe that there should be no rule as to who does the household duties but there should be a common ground on who does it.

I believe that women who desire to own big businesses should put in the same hardwork put in by men who own big businesses and stop the self-victimization, I believe that women are as smart as men and intelligence does not lie in gender, I believe my wife can be my boss while at work and still respect me as a wife when we're back home, I believe that my wife has the right to earn more than I do, I believe in decent dressing for all genders, I believe that we shouldn't see women as sex-slaves, I believe that the man is the head of the FAMILY, and everybody is equal in SOCIETY, I believe that marital status isn't a proper benchmark for judging a woman's success in life, I believe that every woman has a voice, every woman has a choice, every woman has a say. No woman is a slave.

nonsense

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by Blackmoran(m): 11:36am On Jun 24, 2020
Feminism says man and woman are equal and should be treated equally I agree with that.... Me personally I don't believe that man and women are equal, I believe most people saying that deep down they know they are lying or living in delusion... I believe both sexes exhibit qualities that compliment each other, for example men are rational in thinking while women are emotional, women can multi task while it is difficult for men... All these qualities has help us to survive to this date.... I believe feminism is a lie women don't want equality, when they want is men stepping down for there cause which is hypocritical, in my own understanding equality means competition we are judged equally and treated equally which if you notice doesn't exist.... Op says he is a man feminist but I can bet my balls that he is among those people who believe " thy shall not beat a woman" even though she can do the opposite, how is that equallity? Is not double standard... Any body that believe in feminism is living in delusion... And for the op saying women have been treated bad time past.. All I have to say to the op is, tell that to men who died at wars, tell that to men who created technology for mankind to have a easy lives, tell that to men who created drugs and herbs, tell that to men who created contraceptive for you woman to be liberated for reckless sex, at time past it was humans against nature and both sexes played there part for civilization so for someone to wake up saying women as always had it bad I think is dumb... I want equality I want people to get the best jobs not because of there sexes but because of there competent which feminism is against, when you here words like " let give women a chance" which means guys step down let her have are way.... If you want to succeed in this life you have to compete and be among the best. But most feminist like the op don't see it that way, they believe life is like charity... My wish is to see feminism come to reality, but how many women pay the bills in a relationship, how many women ask guy out, how many woman want to carry blocks, women want the benefit but don't want to do the work.. In conclusion when you here feminism it is a hypocrisy....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by purpinkx(m): 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
Why call it feminism instead or EQUALism if it was about equal treatment for everyone?

It's not too late to wake up.

Premiumwriter:
OK.

Lol, don't mind the SIMPle guy!

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by InfinityFabric: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
What do u mean by Man = Woman ?
Heck they're not even '=' in these useless "secular" laws. Women tend to get shorter/light punishment, take zat!

If you're going to use the '=', u must be damn sure u know what it means.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by InfinityFabric: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
Blackmoran:
Feminism says man and woman are equal and should be treated equally I agree with that....
Multiple hits confirmed. Good work! good work!

BTW, u should make use of full-stops and new-line, ur post is quite hard to read with all those ellipses.
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by Vyzz: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
Permit me to burst ur bubble...

It is only going to get worse....

Las Las na to get money, remain single forever with baby mamas sure pass.... I aint keeping a lady in my house to cook and do laundries for me... One day she might wake up as a feminazi

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by matrixme(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
I didn't get to read your write-up. But many of you idealistic young men of nowadays advocating for feminism in Nigeria are still in your parents houses, receiving pocket money from your dad and mum. When you reach marriage age, you won't want a Nigerian feminist by your side as a spouse.
Especially those toxic feminists that are always saying men are trash. They are the ones that pray loudest in every year Shiloh.
Mind you, I'm not saying women should be denied their fundamental human rights, but it's unafrican for a woman to want to rub shoulders with men in our world. Just because you can don't mean you must.

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by Sixfeetbelle: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
JayCynic:

Contradictory, don't you think?
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by COOL10(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nothing pains me more than hearing a male feminist speak/reading their articles.

Y'all don't even know how deep your ignorance is.
I feel sorry for you.

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by Openbusiness: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
I support feminism too abeg. May God bless the feminists grin

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by paulolee(m): 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
you not a man

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by Novemberaura(m): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2020
bug talk

1 Like

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by blinking001(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
Gosh. This is so disgusting. I cant believe a guy can be this ignorant. Anyway, stick with what ever rocks your boat. You disgust me.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by JayCynic(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
Blackmoran:
Feminism says man and woman are equal and should be treated equally I agree with that.... Me personally I don't believe that man and women are equal, I believe most people saying that deep down they know they are lying or living in delusion... I believe both sexes exhibit qualities that compliment each other, for example men are rational in thinking while women are emotional, women can multi task while it is difficult for men... All these qualities has help us to survive to this date.... I believe feminism is a lie women don't want equality, when they want is men stepping down for there cause which is hypocritical, in my own understanding equality means competition we are judged equally and treated equally which if you notice doesn't exist.... Op says he is a man feminist but I can bet my balls that he is among those people who believe " thy shall not beat a woman" even though she can do the opposite, how is that equallity? Is not double standard... Any body that believe in feminism is living in delusion... And for the op saying women have been treated bad time past.. All I have to say to the op is, tell that to men who died at wars, tell that to men who created technology for mankind to have a easy lives, tell that to men who created drugs and herbs, tell that to men who created contraceptive for you woman to be liberated for reckless sex, at time past it was humans against nature and both sexes played there part for civilization so for someone to wake up saying women as always had it bad I think is dumb... I want equality I want people to get the best jobs not because of there sexes but because of there competent which feminism is against, when you here words like " let give women a chance" which means guys step down let her have are way.... If you want to succeed in this life you have to compete and be among the best. But most feminist like the op don't see it that way, they believe life is like charity... My wish is to see feminism come to reality, but how many women pay the bills in a relationship, how many women ask guy out, how many woman want to carry blocks, women want the benefit but don't want to do the work.. In conclusion when you here feminism it is a hypocrisy....

If you believe that men and women aren't equal simply because they have a different mental wiring and because men have died in wars, then a white man can also say he's greater than a black man simply because the white race have brought civilization, they have contributed more to modern technology and they have introduced the internet which black people benefit from.

And if you think women haven't had it bad in the past, then you don't know your history. They have been denied education, they have been forced to marry people they don't want to, they have been reduced to the lowest strata in society. If Men died in wars, how did that make women incapable of fighting in wars? We have female Army Generals today, we have creative women who have made a difference.

Read my post, I believe in meritocracy, everyone should get what they qualify for and gender shouldn't have anything to do with it.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by JayCynic(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
matrixme:
I didn't get to read your write-up. But many of you idealistic young men of nowadays advocating for feminism in Nigeria are still in your parents houses, receiving pocket money from your dad and mum. When you reach marriage age, you won't want a Nigerian feminist by your side as a spouse.
Especially those toxic feminists that are always saying men are trash. They are the ones that pray loudest in every year Shiloh.
Mind you, I'm not saying women should be denied their fundamental human rights, but it's unafrican for a woman to want to rub shoulders with men in our world. Just because you can don't mean you must.

What is a Shiloh?
Africa has remained a backward and a third-world society because of that type of thinking.
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by ibkonekt(m): 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
YOU ARE A SIMP....NOT A MAN

1 Like

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by ibkonekt(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2020
purpinkx:
Why call it feminism instead or EQUALism if it was about equal treatment for everyone?

the word for equality is egalitarianism...i think....either way leave the SIMP alone...let him sleep in the matrix
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by Blackmoran(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2020
JayCynic:

If you believe that men and women aren't equal simply because they have a different mental wiring and because men have died in wars, then a white man can also say he's greater than a black man simply because the white race have brought civilization, they have contributed more to modern technology and they have introduced the internet which black people benefit from.

And if you think women haven't had it bad in the past, then you don't know your history. They have been denied education, they have been forced to marry people they don't want to, they have been reduced to the lowest strata in society. If Men died in wars, how did that make women incapable of fighting in wars? We have female Army Generals today, we have creative women who have made a difference.

Read my post, I believe in meritocracy, everyone should get what they qualify for and gender shouldn't have anything to do with it.

don't bring race to the issue... Why we Africans are backward as nothing to do with slavery or colonialism.. We need to look inward and tell ourselves the bitter truth... On the matter of feminism please with y life experience tell me how women want equality? All I see is please "step down for me to rise up" how is that equality? Is my dream to see the feminist ideology, at least I will be free from paying of useless bills, my dream is to sit at home and watch TV, do a little bit of cleaning while my girl go out and work, my dream is to be treated like a child that has no responsibility and is not accountable for anything always pointing fingers,... Yea that's my dream . stop been hypocritical, how many women will fit my above mention dreams? Please I don't know who you are whether you a guy or a lady, but if you a guy please go meet your girlfriend or your wife and tell her you want to be a stay at home dad... When you get her response please get back to me.!!! What a simp
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by kazyhm(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2020
JayCynic:

Do you mean equality is a women in traffic expecting men to allow her pass just because she is a women but won't allow men pass because its cheating to do so ?

Feminism is equal to double standard
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by JayCynic(m): 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
Blackmoran:
don't bring race to the issue... Why we Africans are backward as nothing to do with slavery or colonialism.. We need to look inward and tell ourselves the bitter truth... On the matter of feminism please with y life experience tell me how women want equality? All I see is please "step down for me to rise up" how is that equality? Is my dream to see the feminist ideology, at least I will be free from paying of useless bills, my dream is to sit at home and watch TV, do a little bit of cleaning while my girl go out and work, my dream is to be treated like a child that has no responsibility and is not accountable for anything always pointing fingers,... Yea that's my dream . stop been hypocritical, how many women will fit my above mention dreams? Please I don't know who you are whether you a guy or a lady, but if you a guy please go meet your girlfriend or your wife and tell her you want to be a stay at home dad... When you get her response please get back to me.!!! What a simp

Your Point: Men have made groundbreaking technological inventions that have changed the world, so they have the right to be above women in society.

My Point: If we follow your logic, Whites have made more groundbreaking inventions than blacks, Whites have brought the internet, social media and everything that has shaped the modern era and Africans have been scientifically proven to have a lower IQ. Does this make it okay for white people to be treated above blacks?

Your Reply: A bunch of nonsense about being a stay-at-home dad.

Guess who is the real simp here

1 Like

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by BunbleBee: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by JayCynic(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
kazyhm:

Do you mean equality is a women in traffic expecting men to allow her pass just because she is a women but won't allow men pass because its cheating to do so ?

Feminism is equal to double standard

I didn't say that, can you actually read my post where I said I believed in Meritocracy.
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by kazyhm(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2020
JayCynic:

I didn't say that, can you actually read my post where I said I believed in Meritocracy.

You're speaking to much grammar.........what your experience with a renowned feminist........not all these theory/fantasy that is contrary to what is playing out in the real world
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by JayCynic(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
purpinkx:

It's called Feminism because men in the past have had the upper-hand in society and women have only recently tried to ascend to the same stratification. It's just like when someone says black lives matter, it doesn't mean all other lives don't matter, it just means that one group is asking for the same privileges enjoyed by others. It's a basic thing to comprehend
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by JayCynic(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
lilmax:
Feminism and Christianity do not mix
I can't take anyone who mix the two seriously
That means your Christianity is Sexist.
Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
Premiumwriter:
OK.

At least one or two dm will make him happy .

1 Like

Re: I Am A Man Who Supports Feminism by JayCynic(m): 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
blinking001:
Gosh. This is so disgusting. I cant believe a guy can be this ignorant. Anyway, stick with what ever rocks your boat. You disgust me.

I don't give a shit about you either

(1) (2) (Reply)

* / If Kiddwaya Wins, I'll Make Sure He Gives Half Of The Money To Erica -Terry Waya / “you Shouldn’t Have A kitten And Be Broke” – Bobrisky Advices Slay Queens VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.