Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Novel Titled "Not Me" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novel Titled "Not Me" (304 Views)

An Excerpt From My Non-fictious Novel Titled My Long Letter To Susannanah / Prof Wole Soyinka Launches New Novel, Titled 'chronicles Of The Happiest People / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Novel Titled "Not Me" by ekene17: 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
What kind of life is this,? why do I always get this unfriendly and disgusting Star, why do I always get rejected and accuse wrongly at the edge of break through, what is my problem, I am not the best person on earth but certainly not the worse either, what wrong did I commit in my life or life before that life has to be this hard on my family and I.

I am a young girl of 20, trying so much to make earns meet, I am an only child of Mr and Mrs clement. my father is a carpenter, but hardly gets jobs, my mother On the order hand is a tailor, she sews few dresses in the front of our house with her single machine.

I had managed to finish secondary school, but my parents couldn’t send me to the university, neither where they able to pay for me to learn a trade.

One Mrs Joyce was looking for someone to stay with her, since her only son was based abroad, she promised to send the person to school, she is based in Lagos, I pleaded with my parent to allow me go, since it will be an opportunity to further my studies, though they were reluctant, I was able to convince them, and they allowed me.

Soon I was on my way to Lagos with madam Joyce. We got to her big and beautiful mansion, well decorated with modern facilities, I was shown my room, it was big and Beautiful, she is a single parents who had lost her husband to the hands of death Years ago, she cared and loved me, she was very nice to me, and I thought life was getting fair, at least I can further my studies for a better tomorrow.

After some months of my stay with madam Joyce, a friend of hers came visiting, she called me out to serve the visitor wine, I came out and greeted the woman respectfully, but she was shocked and surprised to see me, madam Joyce noticed, and asked her what the problem was, she gave her a sign asking me to leave,

You can go in madam Joyce said, yes mam, I left.

After that day she was somehow different from her usual self, I felt probably she was just having a mood swing, but it continued, meanwhile i had become a true worshiper with a church around the area, we had a vigil that Friday, I had told her before, I reminded her again that i was going for a vigil and she gave her consent, then i left.

It was a wonderful service, I got home at about 6:30am the next day only to meet madam Joyce at the living room so angry, I had never seen her like that before. Readmore: https://clouditetutors.com/2020/06/23/not-me-chapter-one/

(1) (Reply)

The Woman With Blue Eyes / A Woman's Worth / Love Is Another Woman: Flash Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.