Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,471 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:18 PM

Bestie (fictional Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bestie (fictional Story) (1083 Views)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / In - Between ( A Fictional Story) / The King's Betrayal (A Fictional Story Of Bassa Nge) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bestie (fictional Story) by mhizgracie22: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
His nickname for me was SimSim, only he was allowed to call me that, no one else had that right, not even my parents and siblings. Everyone else just called me Simi. At first, I'd hated the nickname because it sounded like what an agbero would call a street hawker he had eyes for, but it grew on me and I stopped being annoyed whenever he shouted "SimSim" in his baritone voice. We started out as enemies in primary school, we competed for first position every term and he bullied me a lot, however, our enmity fizzled out after we were paired together for a group assignment. We became inseparable afterwards, at some point, our parents and school mates were convinced that we were in a romantic relationship, it took a while for them to believe that we were indeed just friends.

We got into the university at the same time, he was admitted to study Mechanical Engineering, and I managed to secure an admission into the department of Business Administration. We studied together, went to fellowship together and he even helped me pick out my first boyfriend after I laid out my many options to him. He got himself a girlfriend too during our second year, she hated me because he told me things he couldn't tell her or anyone else.

Re: Bestie (fictional Story) by mhizgracie22: 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
One unforgettable Friday night, we went to night class together as usual but the lights went out while we were reading so we decided to go home and call it a night. He walked me to my off-campus hostel and requested for a cup of cold water before leaving, "Come in and get it yourself, are you a stranger?" I cooed. He laughed and marched inside with me. He took a bottle of water from my fridge, sat on my bed and began sipping on it slowly. I took an apple from the fridge and sat beside him.

"Why does Ana hate me so much?" I asked in between munches.

He giggled, "she just doesn't like the idea of her boyfriend having a female bestie."

"Hmmm I don't blame her though, I personally wouldn't be happy if my boyfriend had a female bestie," I shrugged.

"You're my childhood friend SimSim, I can't just cast you away because I have a girlfriend. Meanwhile, how does your boyfriend feel about our friendship?"

"He's indifferent, I spend more time with him than I spend with you these days, so he's not really bothered."

He put the half-empty bottle of water down and shifted closer to me, "you wanna know the real reason Ana hates you?"

I grimaced, what other thing could she have against me except the fact that I was her boyfriend's best friend? "Uhm, sure, I'd love to know." I replied, inching closer to him.

He took a deep breath and placed a hand on my right thigh, "she thinks I'm in love with you and she's absolutely right."
Re: Bestie (fictional Story) by mhizgracie22: 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
I stood up abruptly, "you don't mean it!"

"I mean it Simi, I mean every word, I love you."

"Wow... I don't... I don't know what to say." I muttered.

I can't say I didn't see it coming though, Yemi saying he was in love with me wasn't too surprising, people fall in love with their best friends all the time, I've seen it happen in a million romantic comedies. But in most romantic comedies, the best friend always feels the same way, they end up becoming a couple, and they live happily ever after. But that wasn't the case with Yemi and I. I'd known him all my life but I wasn't in love with him, there were times when I felt a little spark between us but I'd never thought of him as more than a friend.

"You don't have to say anything, just be mine," he said, standing up and taking my hand into his large hand. I yanked my hand away from his.

"You have a girlfriend, and I have a boyfriend! We can't just abandon them and get together, that's callous and I'm sorry but I don't think I feel the same way about you."

He winced at my words, I could tell that he was deeply hurt. Then he did something that I never expected. He grabbed me and tried to kiss me, I fought my way out of his strong grip and landed a thunderous slap on his right cheek. The hurt in his eyes turned to intense anger, he gave me such a stare that I thought he'd pounce on me and strangle me to death at any moment. I scurried towards the front door for safety, he charged towards me and grabbed me again.

"You need to leave or I'll scream," I muttered in a shaky voice. He shoved me so hard I hit my head on the door.

"Why don't you understand that I love you and I'm willing to do anything for you? Why!? Why!?" he yelled, banging his hand on the door.

I scurried to the kitchen and returned with a bread knife, "leave my house right now."

To be continued....
Re: Bestie (fictional Story) by mhizgracie22: 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2020
You can read the full story at https://talesbygrace..com/?m=1
Re: Bestie (fictional Story) by Ann2012(f): 8:41am On Jun 25, 2020
Nice one OP
Re: Bestie (fictional Story) by mhizgracie22: 9:38am On Jun 25, 2020
Ann2012:
Nice one OP
thanks dear
Re: Bestie (fictional Story) by onlyfacts: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
mhizgracie22:
You can read the full story at https://talesbygrace..com/?m=1

This seems very real reading it. Was this someone's experience you wrote about? I felt sympathy for the female character. Overall it was a good read.
Re: Bestie (fictional Story) by mhizgracie22: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
onlyfacts:

This seems very real reading it. Was this someone's experience you wrote about? I felt sympathy for the female character. Overall it was a good read.
it's a fictional story but I know there are definitely people out there who may have had such experience before, thanks for reading grin
Re: Bestie (fictional Story) by onlyfacts: 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
mhizgracie22:
it's a fictional story but I know there are definitely people out there who may have had such experience before, thanks for reading grin

Post more stories embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Jona, Sisi Stella Nko? / The Sound Of Hurried Footsteps / From Grass to Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.