Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" (25769 Views)

The Nation Newspaper Headquarters In Lagos On Fire / 'New House': Senator Dino Melaye Slams The Nation Newspaper / Babafemi Ojudu: Stop Begging Me For Money, I Am No Longer A Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by basybasy: 11:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
Unigrad:

You did political science in school?
U understand the scheming in APC. This is the point Oshiomole e-wailers on Nairaland failed to understand. Everything playing out now have been planned. Oshiomole just foolingly played into it. They will finally remove Oshiomole and his loyal boys (NWC) tomorrow, confirm Victor Giadom as acting National Chairman, then plan a day for a fresh convention to produce new set of NWC.
Everything is tomorrow. I will remind u ur political science tomorrow
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 25, 2020
goshee:
all these trash doesn't change the fact that APC NEC meeting is holding tomorrow which could be the final nail in the coffin of tinubu and oshomole courtesy of governor Fayemi the chairman NGF. Sai GAIDOM

Umaru Yaradua would have completed his first tenure and still do second tenure. He made a mistake. Atiku also made mistake, he later regretted and made correction severally, but it was too late. Jonathan made mistake ignorantly, he realized and made peace with his benefactor. Naturally, a river that forget his source will dry. It is just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by SOJOSEPH(m): 12:57am On Jun 25, 2020
Things are fallen apart progressively gradually

Every political conspiracy against the socio-economic welfare of Nigerian shall proper in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Nobody: 2:03am On Jun 25, 2020
This does not mean the South West hate each other, are disunited or are full of traitors.

If this were South East politicians, name calling would follow from those who want to keep having power onto themselves.

sojiboy:
     PRESS RELEASE

OF  EX-SENATOR OJUDU AND NATION NEWSPAPER’S MISLEADING STORY

The attention of the general public is being drawn to a misleading publication by the Nation Newspapers online with headline “Fayemi’s failed mission to Villa with Giadom”, published in the online edition of the Nation Newspaper on Wednesday, June 24th, 2020.

The falsehood, we gathered reliably, was fabricated by a senior aide of the Presidency and a former Senator, Babafemi Ojudu, and planted in The Nation Newspaper, after it was rejected by some State House Correspondents, who rebuffed the former Senator for the misleading and malicious story.

It is on record that Senator Ojudu, in his desperate bid to rubbish Governor Fayemi, had told his close associates that he would battle Governor Fayemi, who is also the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) with falsehood and cheap blackmail in his nefarious attempt to destabilize APC in Ekiti State.

While Ojudu has the right to continue to tread the path of perfidy which has been his lifestyle from time immemorial, we least expected the Nation Newspaper, a leading national daily whose motto is “Truth in Defence of Freedom” to buy into such cheap blackmail in form of an unverifiable report, without due regard to the principles of fairness. This is more so that modern technology has made the business of news gathering and editorial checks a lot easier, especially if the mission is about public good.

For the purpose of clarity, it is important to state that the Nation’s report was clearly a misleading one designed to cast aspersion on the person of Governor Fayemi and create an impression that the NGF Chairman is an unwanted visitor at the Villa. The largely unsubstantiated report was filled with bile, childish and unexplainable fury that signified nothing, just like a tale fit only for the tabloids.

We therefore implore the general public to disregard the highly illogical concoction that was served as an exclusive story.

In setting the record straight, we hereby state unequivocally that Governor Fayemi had no plan nor reason to see Mr President on Tuesday late afternoon as maliciously presented in the Nation’s report. The Governor, had earlier seen Mr President at noon in company of three of his colleagues - Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi), Governor Simon Lalong (Plateau) and Governor Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa). Also present at that meeting were the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof Ibrahim Gambari and Honourable Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami.

Governor Fayemi was in the villa later in the afternoon to see the COS and State Chief of Protocol (SCOP).

The Ekiti State Governor was never denied any opportunity to see President Buhari as he did not ask to see the President and neither did he go with Chief Giadom.

We are aware of surreptitious efforts to demonise and blackmail Governor Fayemi on account of the challenges the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is undergoing.
We have tried not to join issues with the barrage of falsehood, personality attacks and campaign of calumny against Governor Fayemi on social media in the last two weeks because it is not in Dr Fayemi’s character to engage in unintelligent rabblerousing in the media. As a principled democrat, Dr Fayemi is committed to fighting for the principles of democracy within the political party he laboured with other notable Nigerians to birth. It is normal for political leaders to be in disagreement, but it should not lead to campaigns of calumny based on falsehood.

Governor Fayemi’s position on the APC crisis has been to consistently subsume his views in the position of the Progressives Governors Forum as expressed by the Chairman. He has not spoken on the party crisis in any public forum but continue to urge all members and lovers of the party to exercise restraint and support the leader of the party, President Mohammadu Buhari and other leaders desirous of resolution to give peace a chance.

We implore the Nation Newspaper and other media organisations to be wary of unfounded stories wrapped as “exclusives” by disgruntled elements like the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Mr. Babafemi Ojudu who are now masquerading as news sources.

Signed
Yinka Oyebode
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Ekiti State
24-06-2020

Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Correcto: 4:32am On Jun 25, 2020
I am only shocked how you insult someone useful than you.
techmo:
cool

I pity Fayemi

After 2021 his political career ends as a 2 terms governor of Ekiti, he would be more useless than Peter Fayose of PDP in retirement before 2023

Can his little 7 governors pushed by Ameachi and Rufai, fight Vice President Prof Osinbajo, Oyetola, Sanwoolu, Masari , Ganduje, Hope Uzodinma, Babangana Zulum, SP Ahmed Lawan , Speaker Gbajabiamila, 17 national working committee members

Buhari that never saved , Aisha Buhari, Amosun, Ameachi/Tonye Cole, Orji Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Obaseki would now save meaningless Giadom ?

Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:23am On Jun 25, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
grin

In setting the record straight, we hereby state unequivocally that Governor Fayemi had no plan nor reason to see Mr President on Tuesday late afternoon as maliciously presented in the Nation’s report. The Governor, had earlier seen Mr President at noon in company of three of his colleagues - Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi), Governor Simon Lalong (Plateau) and Governor Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa). Also present at that meeting were the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof Ibrahim Gambari and Honourable Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami.

Governor Fayemi was in the villa later in the afternoon to see the COS and State Chief of Protocol (SCOP).

what are all this people doing at aso rock ?
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Staro: 6:40am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:
cool

I pity Fayemi

After 2021 his political career ends as a 2 terms governor of Ekiti, he would be more useless than Peter Fayose of PDP in retirement before 2023

Can his little 7 governors pushed by Ameachi and Rufai, fight Vice President Prof Osinbajo, Oyetola, Sanwoolu, Masari , Ganduje, Hope Uzodinma, Babangana Zulum, SP Ahmed Lawan , Speaker Gbajabiamila, 17 national working committee members

Buhari that never saved , Aisha Buhari, Amosun, Ameachi/Tonye Cole, Orji Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Obaseki would now save meaningless Giadom ?

Lol ... you're laughable.
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by AleagueEdu: 6:54am On Jun 25, 2020
Investigative journalism thrown to the bush, Ko!

Check my signature to join and enjoy OUR ONLINE IELTS CLASSES. You will be glad you did!
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 6:55am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:
cool

I pity Fayemi

Niyi Adebayo went on total relegation after Obj dealt with him. But today nkor?

So don't bring fayose into this. 2023, PDP will chase APC to the borders and fayose will be in your hair again.
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2020
BlowYourMind:
let wait and see how it will unfold
I bet you the outcome will blowyourmind
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by techmo(m): 7:01am On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
Niyi Adebayo went on total relegation after Obj dealt with him. But today nkor?

So don't bring fayose into this. 2023, PDP will chase APC to the borders and fayose will be in your hair again.

Niyi Adebayo is a son of a former governor and a governor, a rich educated guy with friends like Dangote and Otedola

Fayose is an Ibadan bus driving spare part selling thug that got lucky twice, and soon when he exhaust the chikeni money he stole traveling around forming hushpuppi on Instagram, he would come back broke and totally , completely irrelevant
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:01am On Jun 25, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry I fear tinubu silence o,,he never say pim to all this stuff wey dey happen for APC. But we still dey watch sha
C'mon mahn! Tinubu never says much because he knows if he dares any rubbish, his dossier would be dusted! You think fulani is stupid Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:07am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:

Eyah Dem dey deceive and distract you .. and Na you Maga they happy

NEC meeting Na voting things majority would carry the day again
Buhari is on Giadom's side, tell me one northerner in tinubus camp that can disregard Buharis footsteps and follow Tinubu?
The composition of today's meeting will clear your doubts.
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by techmo(m): 7:11am On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
Buhari is on Giadom's side, tell me one northerner in tinubus camp that can disregard Buharis footsteps and follow Tinubu?
The composition of today's meeting will clear your doubts.

NWC already called Buhari's bluff and as we speak most governors and senators ain't attending any Aso Rock meeting

Everyone knows Buhari's intention was misconstrued,
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:15am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:

Niyi Adebayo is a son of a former governor and a governor, a rich educated guy with friends like Dangote and Otedola

Fayose is an Ibadan bus driving spare part selling thug that got lucky twice, and soon when he exhaust the chikeni money he stole traveling around forming hushpuppi on Instagram, he would come back broke and totally , completely irrelevant
I'm learning for the first time that Niyi Adebayo's father was also a governor.

Why couldn't otedola and dangote bring him back to PDP? Dude was Fvcking broke before he became APC vice chairman SW.

Don't worry, fayose already has his generation unborn taking care of.

All he needs is political power.
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by BigDick70inch(m): 7:19am On Jun 25, 2020
Oh!!yeah..

His dad was a military gov..

Niyi wasnt broke Oo..hin dey get contract steadily..

Jux that e went low-key

Gandollaar:

Why couldn't otedola and dangote bring him back to PDP? Dude was Fvcking broke before he became APC vice chairman SW.

Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by techmo(m): 7:23am On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:

Not even state governor but western region governor (military)

When you all thought he was broke due to his quite life he was a known consultant politician and business people run to

And as for Fayose soon he would be broke like flat broke that he was before Obanikoro , Dasuki, and Jonathan dashed him few billions
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:

NWC already called Buhari's bluff and as we speak most governors and senators ain't attending any Aso Rock meeting

Everyone knows Buhari's intention was misconstrued,
As we speak? Is the meeting in progress?

Trust me, tinubus camp became divided the moment buhari took a stand.

The guy who ochestrated the so called bluff is already in soup whether he attends today's meeting or not.
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by techmo(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
As we speak? Is the meeting in progress?

Trust me, tinubus camp became divided the moment buhari took a stand.

The guy who ochestrated the so called bluff is already in soup whether he attends today's meeting or not.

The all met at the party sectariate last night and reached a resolution

Buhari isn't a dictator and majority already won this time, just like the last meeting which hope Uzodinma and others stood it ground
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:31am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:

Not even state governor but western region governor (military)

When you all thought he was broke due to his quite life he was a known consultant politician and business people run to

And as for Fayose soon he would be broke like flat broke that he was before Obanikoro , Dasuki, and Jonathan dashed him few billions
You don't know much about Niyi after he left office. He maybe a successful lawyer, but you don't compare that to political office in a ruling party.
If you believe fayose didn't steal enough to sustain his generation, good luck
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:

The all met at the party sectariate last night and reached a resolution

Buhari isn't a dictator and majority already won this time, just like the last meeting which hope Uzodinma and others stood it ground
Ok. But I will start working on plan b which is to bury APC and go back to my regional championship side if I were you.
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2020
BigDick70inch:
Oh!!yeah..

His dad was a military gov..

Niyi wasnt broke Oo..hin dey get contract steadily..

Jux that e went low-key

Your idea of broke is different. grin
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by techmo(m): 7:35am On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
Ok. But I will start working on plan b which is to bury APC and go back to my regional championship side if I were you.

That's you

For me since I have the majority in a party I formed, have the Vice President, and the Speaker of the house , majority of governors.. I am fighting and not taking flight

And suppose Ibo leaders also take a firm stand in PDP or Wike and others would take it for them
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by BigDick70inch(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
Your idea of broke is different. grin

Issokay..
Make I learn cheesy
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Issokay..
Make I learn cheesy
If these guys have 50m in their accounts, they are broke
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by umbroxxx(m): 7:53am On Jun 25, 2020
yinusabass:

You must be mad ... All you in the north care about is how another northern can take over from Buhari. Yorubas made Buhari what he is today. You all also know that tinubu is at the forefront of the campaign of power returning to South. Dats why u are crazy about it
... shameless
I will support the north on this to spite your tifnubu and all you Yoruba Moslems lol
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 7:54am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:

That's you

For me since I have the majority in a party I formed, have the Vice President, and the Speaker of the house , majority of governors.. I am fighting and not taking flight

And suppose Ibo leaders also take a firm stand in PDP or Wike and others would take it for them
We shall see. I personally don't like the disgrace of Tinubu and osunbande by their friends, but politically, I'm sooooooooooooooo glad cheesy
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by techmo(m): 7:57am On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
We shall see. I personally don't like the disgrace of Tinubu and osunbande by their friends, but politically, I'm sooooooooooooooo glad cheesy

The problem with your type is you celebrate just too soon and always underestimate Tinubu' silence as weakness, Tinubu was born for this, and scandalous fights make him more powerful

He has his plan hence his golden perfect silence
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by Gandollaar(f): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2020
techmo:

The problem with your type is you celebrate just too soon and always underestimate Tinubu' silence as weakness, Tinubu was born for this, and scandalous fights make him more powerful

He has his plan hence his golden perfect silence
Baba, this is the first time Tinubu is fighting a political battle for his survival at the centre.

How many times will I tell you guys why Tinubu is a silent soldier. Let dude do any how and see any how!

He has plans no doubt. His plans had better be to bury this ailing party and go back to his regional side.
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by PhilipReigns(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2020
A 2004 sienna LE for sale.
Colour---Blue
- A clean Fabric interior, 8 seaters
-Factory fitted A/c
-A 6 Loader Cd Player/FM
-Srs Airbag
-Allow wheels/Extra spare tyre
-A Powerful V6 engine Full option,
-Automatic Transmission. Etc

Price: 1.3m
Slightly negotiable.
Call: 08100254826/08030695022 for inspection.

Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by techmo(m): 8:07am On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
Baba, this is the first time Tinubu is fighting a political battle for his survival at the centre.

How many times will I tell you guys why Tinubu is a silent soldier. Let dude do any how and see any how!

Lol, let me refresh your memory

Tinubu vs Abacha (Nadeco)
Tinubu vs AD
Tinubu. vs Obasanjo (LGA funds)
Tinubu vs Yar'Adua (LCDA creation)
Tinubu vs House of reps (Tambuwal case)
Tinubu vs Jonathan (CCT. Case)
Tinubu vs PDP (2015 election)
Tinubu vs Oyegun
Tinubu vs Ambode

So keep calm and watch Tinubu play this game
Re: Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" by peeps4u: 8:16am On Jun 25, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry I fear tinubu silence o,,he never say pim to all this stuff wey dey happen for APC. But we still dey watch sha

Na fear. Bullion van allegation is there. It doesn't cost Bubu anything to lock him up like Dasuki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNPCL, Marketers Clash Over Subsidy, Operators Peg Petrol At N1,200/litre / Dino Melaye Arrested After Oduah-must-go Protest Today / What Buhari Must Do To Be Voted In 2019 – Arewa Youth Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.