Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? (538 Views)

HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not / How To Land A Programming Job In 6 Months / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 25, 2020
I want to learn programming language and I also don't want it to affect my school studies.

I don't know the duration it will take to learn most of it(Java, c, c++ etc).

Is it better to learn it myself or go to cyber cafe guru to teach me??
Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by jaycerichh(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2020
yes it is possible to be a self taught programmer/developer, it all depends on if you're consistent in your learning, check out freecodecamp.org to start, you can also get free resources else where to aid your learning process too.

1 Like

Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 25, 2020
jaycerichh:
yes it is possible to be a self taught programmer/developer, it all depends on if you're consistent in your learning, check out freecodecamp.org to start, you can also get free resources else where to aid your learning process too.
thanks for replying, I thought I won't get engagement here because there aren't too many people on this section.

As a newbie how long do you think it will take me to learn?. And which one is the best to start with?.
Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by sonofthunder: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I want to learn programming language and I also don't want it to affect my school studies.

This is actually the best time to start learning. So go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by jaycerichh(m): 7:54am On Jun 25, 2020
You're welcome bro, I'm a newbie too, just starting out, but I think if you really want to learn you would, I can't tell you an estimated time you could finish learning, as learning never stops in this Coding life, just get your schedules together and even while learning in school you're learning your programming too, it's all on you bro

If you're on Twitter too I've got some very interesting people you could follow, get resources, encouragements, and all that while you learn.
TheGodlessGod:
thanks for replying, I thought I won't get engagement here because there aren't too many people on this section.

As a newbie how long do you think it will take me to learn?. And which one is the best to start with?.
Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 25, 2020
jaycerichh:
You're welcome bro, I'm a newbie too, just starting out, but I think if you really want to learn you would, I can't tell you an estimated time you could finish learning, as learning never stops in this Coding life, just get your schedules together and even while learning in school you're learning your programming too, it's all on you bro

If you're on Twitter too I've got some very interesting people you could follow, get resources, encouragements, and all that while you learn.
thank you so much. I'm on Twitter (just joined).

I think I'll learn Java first

1 Like

Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by jaycerichh(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2020
Okay bro, great

Follow @DthompsonDev I believe form him you'll get other people to follow
Follow 100daysofcode tag too

TheGodlessGod:
thank you so much. I'm on Twitter (just joined).

I think I'll learn Java first
Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by Coder2Client(m): 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

I know you've been told that know those languages will help you in the tech world. But I tell you, don't make mistakes of learning all of them rather focus on one language, I will recommend industry focus language "Java". Be good at it, and solve problems when it comes to Java, join algorithm classes, join Java groups, learn clean code keep learning.

2 Likes

Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
Coder2Client:

I know you've been told that know those languages will help you in the tech world. But I tell you, don't make mistakes of learning all of them rather focus on one language, I will recommend industry focus language "Java". Be good at it, and solve problems when it comes to Java, join algorithm classes, join Java groups, learn clean code keep learning.
thanks so much.

About that cyber security ( ethnical hacking).

Does Java apply to it?
Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by stanliwise(m): 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Cyber guru or Cyber cafe guru?
Most of you think someone working in a cyber cafe has a good knowledge of computing, this false ideology will make you not see how important computing works. Cyber cafe personnel just have knowledge of paper work and office software with some knowledge of basic trouble shooting and browsers tricks. Unlike a cyber guru who has an extensive knowledge of computing and can manipulate a computer to achieve an aim.

Now to the question, learning a language could in reality take you about 2 yrs+ to master very well so that you can become functional and create good apps. It’s really a long journey. The most difficult part is learning the basic very well and having the right mindset of a programmer. My advise is that you should start it little and keep doing it with little time you have. If your interest develop so high for it and your intuition is very akin to it then you can go learn with a tech institution or go to a programming college or udemy.

2 Likes

Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by stanliwise(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Coder2Client:

seconded, very accurate advise. Op listen to this.
Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
stanliwise:
Most of you think someone working in a cyber cafe has a good knowledge of computing, this false ideology will make you not see how important computing works. Cyber cafe personnel just have knowledge of paper work and office software with some knowledge of basic trouble shooting and browsers tricks. Unlike a cyber guru who has an extensive knowledge of computing and can manipulate a computer to achieve an aim.

Now to the question, learning a language could in reality take you about 2 yrs+ to master very well so that you can become functional and create good apps. It’s really a long journey. The most difficult part is learning the basic very well and having the right mindset of a programmer. My advise is that you should start it little and keep doing it with little time you have. If your interest develop so high for it and your intuition is very akin to it then you can go learn with a tech institution or go to a programming college or udemy.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Can A University Student Be Able To Learn A Programming Language? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
stanliwise:

thanks. I'll start from Java

(1) (Reply)

Online Banking Script With Mobile App And Telephone Banking With Bitcoin Deposit / C / Do You Know Any Computer School That Offers Accommodation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.