Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,201 members, 7,780,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:53 PM

Who Wrote The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Wrote The Quran? (19681 Views)

Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / Youths Reading Quran Dressed Red & White Attires. Photos Spark Online Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Hussein01(m): 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
LordReed:
There's always this sleight of hand attempted when talking about the origins of the Quran. It is made to seem like the book was delivered fully written by an angel, when in actual fact it was delivered orally by Mohammed and then subsequently written down. There is nothing spectacular about this process as this was the method many of those times used in producing books.

It is made to seem like the book was delivered fully written by an angel? why do you people always make things up without little or no knowledge about what and how something is in the actual sense.

To disclaim your claim that Quran was made to seem like it was full delivered by an angel propably by muslims in a bid to cover up something: Among the integral and inevitable topics taught and inculcate in the minds of all Islamic Studies student ranging from primary level to the higher level of learning are (a) Preservation of the Quran (b) Compilation of the Quran (c) Standardization of the Quran and placement of diatrical marks.

So, look before leap.

You even say there is nothing spetarcular about it Bro/Sir/Ma there is, and it is many, if only it is its existence for close to 1500 years without version, it is suffice.

Many historians and researchers who are christians and atheists whom if you ever met, you would humbly and eagerly learn from attest to this effect.

A book being in existence for centuries unmanipulated! can you say the same of your bible?
I suppose the many versions into which your so called WORD OF GODs was made is an aftermath of an effort to modernized it to suit the contemporary generation of man and western's ideas like one idiot up there has asserted right? or you explain to us why we have so many versions of it.

Legalising heterosexual comes in our generation, we might as well include it into the bible as way of civilizing and modernizing since it changes like chameleon

2 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by rolams(m): 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Moneyboyz:

I won't be surprised if you end up blowing up some place, raping a 6 year or 9 year old Aisha
Invading people's homes or beheading someone in the name of God
Or even killing a man just to inherit his wife.

Role model indeed.

You may be the first victim then. Hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Antichristus: 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
If you want to educate yourselves and get your head around all the LIES Muhammedans propagate concerning the origins of Islam and the Qur'an, watch this scholarly presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJRsd8SrhU

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by rolams(m): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hussein01:

It is made to seem like the book was delivered fully written by an angel? why do you people always make things up without little or no knowledge about what and how something is in the actual sense.

To disclaim your claim that Quran was made to seem like it was full delivered by an angel propably by muslims in a bid to cover up something: Among the integral and inevitable topics taught and inculcate in the minds of all Islamic Studies student ranging from primary level to the higher level of learning are (a) Preservation of the Quran (b) Compilation of the Quran (c) Standardization of the Quran and placement of diatrical marks.

So, look before leap.

You even say there is nothing spetarcular about it Bro/Sir/Ma there is, and it is many, if only it is its existence for close to 1500 years without version, it is suffice.

Many historians and researchers who are christians and atheists whom if you ever met, you would humbly and eagerly learn from attest to this effect.

A book being in existence for centuries unmanipulated! can you say the same of your bible?
I suppose the many versions into which your so called WORD OF GODs was made is an aftermath of an effort to modernized it to suit the contemporary generation of man and western's ideas like one idiot up there has asserted right? or you explain to us why we have so many versions of it.

Legalising heterosexual comes in our generation, we might as well include it into the bible as way of civilizing and modernizing since it changes like chameleon

They are hypocrite. Just leave them jare
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by emprorbolaji(m): 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Y are u so full of hatredand if u are so sure about what u have just said,bring ur proof from the Quran
lilianofentse:
Deceit, terrorism, factionism, hate, hypocrisy. All in one religion

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by fasty: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
lilianofentse:
stfu. Peace where. Who are Isis, isil, bokoharam killing in your country. Foh

May you find one.

But, if I may ask, who designates Islam as terrorism.

I implore you to sincerely seek knowledge without prejudice, because that is the only way you can find the truth.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Hussein01(m): 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
sakaguchi:

Oh, ok. So the compilation and writing was after Muhammed PBUH? No wonder alot of fantasy and false claim was inserted. The Qur'an should be called the Caliph Umar version. He doctored it.

Mumu, the writing and preservation was done during prophet Muhammed lifetime under his supervision.

It was only compiled by Caliph Umar and standardised by his successor Caliph Uthman by bring in uniformity in handwriting in which it is being documented and tone/dialect in which it is recited.

No changes in the Glorious Quran during the lifetime of the noble unlettered prophet and after it.

But I think you should be more concerned on how bible arrived having 70+ version.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Beetobee(f): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
kevoh:

As long you don't comment in the Islamic section for like seven days, it will disappear. For me, it's a meaningless text, the same way FTC(first to comment), likes, shares, karma, upvotes etc. have no meaning to me in real life. It's funny how people bother themselves over these stuffs.

Stuff please, not stuffs.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by fasty: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
lilianofentse:
stfu. Peace where. Who are Isis, isil, bokoharam killing in your country. Foh

Please, after more than 10 years of BH killings, can you just sit back for a second, without emotion ask yourself if bokoharam atrocities are because of religion?

This is not about which religion is involved, it's about being objective through our thought processes...
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by LordReed(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hussein01:

So, look before leap.

If you don't know the meaning of sleight of hand I suggest you look it up.

You read whatever meaning you wanted into the post thinking I am a Christian so you came to defend thinking your Islamic faith is under attack. Think again.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Beetobee(f): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
fasty:
It's so disheartening to see people are unlearned.

The best of mankind seeks knowledge.

Ask yourselves if your claims are based on hearsay and blasphemy, or you are well informed with fact before you start smearing Islam as well as misleading other people.

Don't be surprised that a lot of Muslims research on Christianity and other secular religions. But, can you confidently say if other religion devoters have also put such efforts to understand the Islamic doctrines.

Islam means peace. And the fascinating part of it is that there is no ambiguity of any forms in it as a religion of the Almighty - Believe in oneness of God and His messengers, pray to Him as the creator of heaven and earth; gives arms to the poor; and go to pilgrimage if you're opportune.

Sum it up as insecurity on their part. If you really are sure and secure about what you believe in, you focus on it. When you go about saying immature words and trash, obviously you have given yourself away.

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by falopey: 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hussein01:

So, look before leap.

A book unmanipulated indeed. Watch this video about manipulation of Quran and free yourself from ignorance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBgWbNfQF4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by mamaafrik(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
I remember when one of my friends ,a muslim said the book was droppes from Heaven by an angel,na lie,even Muhammed only didn't write Quran as claimed ,if he did,are you telling me no stories about his childhood,before his birth and after are in the Quran,did he write or tell about his beforelife and after lived to his saabes,let's stop deceiving ourself.

2 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by IDeyFlogAllah(m): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
Muhammad stole a lot of ideas from the religions practiced within the two massive empires around him: the Sassanid Empire's Zoroastrianism and the Byzantine Empire's Christianity.

The rest of Allah's "religion" contained elements from Arab paganism and Jewish religion folklore/mysticism.

For example, from the Zoroastrians, Muhammad stole the idea of 5 prayers a day at particular times of the day:

Time: Islamic/Zoroastrianism

Dawn: Fajar/ Havaan

Noon: Zohar/ Rapithwan

Afternoon: Asr/Uziren

Evening: Maghrib/ Aiwisuthrem

Night time: Isha or Ishan/ Ushaen.

Previously he had practiced the Jewish method of 3 prayers a day which is actually what you find in the Koran.

The Koran actually doesn't mention praying 5 times a day anywhere in it.

Then he "converted" Jewish and Christian religious figures like Abraham, Moses and Jesus into muslims and that was how Islam was invented.

Even Ishmael is not the father of Arabs, it was a lie and a fabrication by muhammad to give attach his religion to the God of the Jews and Christians.

Before muhammad came along, Arabs had no idea who Ishmael was, let alone claiming him to be their ancestor.

mamaafrik:
I remember when one of my friends ,a muslim said the book was droppes from Heaven by an angel,na lie,even Muhammed only didn't write Quran as claimed ,if he did,are you telling me no stories about his childhood,before his birth and after are in the Quran,did he write or tell about his beforelife and after lived to his saabes,let's stop deceiving ourself.

fasty:

Ask yourselves if your claims are based on hearsay and blasphemy, or you are well informed with fact before you start smearing Islam as well as misleading other people.

Don't be surprised that a lot of Muslims research on Christianity and other secular religions. But, can you confidently say if other religion devoters have also put such efforts to understand the Islamic doctrines.

Islam means peace. And the fascinating part of it is that there is no ambiguity of any forms in it as a religion of the Almighty - Believe in oneness of God and His messengers, pray to Him as the creator of heaven and earth; gives arms to the poor; and go to pilgrimage if you're opportune.

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Xmuslim: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
jidamsel43:
Quran is a divine revelation to Prophet Muhammad. Quran was revealed to him by Angel Gabriel. The compilation or writing of Quran started during the reign of the second caliph, Umar and completed during Caliph Uthman's reign.

Prophet Muhammad did not write the Quran. It was revealed to him and memorized by him companions

Perfectly memorised indeed grin

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Xmuslim: 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
fasty:

@bolded, I believed in it too in the past. But Qur'an says opposite. Qur'an agree that there is ambiguities in it

(Qur'an 3:7) It is He Who has revealed the Book to you. Some of its verses are absolutely clear and lucid, and these are the core of the Book. Others are ambiguous. Those in whose hearts there is perversity, always go about the part which is ambiguous, seeking mischief and seeking to arrive at its meaning arbitrarily, although none knows their true meaning except Allah. On the contrary, those firmly rooted in knowledge say: 'We believe in it; it is all from our Lord alone. No one derives true admonition from anything except the men of understanding.

Qur'an claims we have mischievous in our mind and that's why we seek the meaning of the ambiguous verses grin. Why did the creator of the whole universe gave us book that contain ambiguity in the first place. I smell scam grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
rolams:

Bring your proof

Read the Anatomy of the Qur'an for yourself and you'll see the proof.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sane and open minded Muslims know that Mohammed was in company of many Jews and Christians in Yathrib before he gained ground, and many of them were his friends. Chief of them was a jew named Badr who was close to Mohammed to the extent that when the Quran was 'revealed', Badr was taunted by the Arabs of being the inspiration.

Read the Anatomy of the Qur'an to see for yourself.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hussein01:

So, look before leap.

Have you forgotten that not all the 'revelations' by your prophet was recorded in the Quran: some were lost, forgotten or eaten by goat. How then can you say your Quran is not manipulated!
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by rolams(m): 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Read the Anatomy of the Qur'an for yourself and you'll see the proof.

Written by an hypocrite like you? Make a very sound research by your humble self.

Put off all forms of bias and do things right like I did during my research on Christianity and Christendom. You will know the truth.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
rolams:

Written by an hypocrite like you? Make a very sound research by your humble self.

Put off all forms of bias and do things right like I did during my research on Christianity and Christendom. You will know the truth.

What stupid truth? That your prophet always shook all over, foaming in the mouth when getting his revelations? Or that some parts of the Qur'an were lost or eaten by goat? Or that Mohammed forced his adopted son, Zaid to divorce his beautiful wife so he could marry her, and a 'revelation' came forth in that regard after?

If you're an open-minded Muslim, you should be ashamed at some of the things your prophet did and said in the Hadiths.... especially the Hadith by Abu Bakr.

So you see that I'm not ignorant of the Qur'an, I'll school you on it
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
sakaguchi:
I think the prophet Muhammed (PBUH) wrote the Qur'an. Every part of it, and copied some text from the Bible, and made up some things.

Prophet Muhammad was an illiterate so how could he wrote the terrorist's manual called Quran.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by gentleibraheem(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Have you forgotten that not all the 'revelations' by your prophet was recorded in the Quran: some were lost, forgotten or eaten by goat. How then can you say your Quran is not manipulated!
Xmuslim feeding you guys with unauthentic information. Believe him not
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by limpopo: 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
fasty:

People judge a religion based on how the people in it practice it, which is totally WRONG!! why judge a book by its cover... Why can't we judge a religion based on the holy book they follow....

And most of Us (Muslim) lack knowledge about what we practice sef, once one illiterate Alfa/imam don conjure a story to suit himself for selfish reasons, we sef just follow suit without checking if there is evidence for it in the Quran!!
Even clearly written in one verse in the Bible... ".... my people perish for the lack of knowledge..."

May God help Us

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Xmuslim: 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
gentleibraheem:

Xmuslim feeding you guys with unauthentic information. Believe him not
those hadith are not authentic?
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Lampert505(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by gentleibraheem(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:
those hadith are not authentic?

Its amazing how an xmuslim couldn't identify a da'eef
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by Xmuslim: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
gentleibraheem:

Its amazing how an xmuslim couldn't identify a da'eef
bring your evidence that all the hadeeths I mentioned are daeef. Moreover, daif are applicable in Islam to some extent.

Remember, daif only means doubtful hadith, not fabricated per se

I gave you 2 sahih buhari, 1 sahih Muslim, 1 Ibn majah.

Are you telling me sahih buhari and Muslim are no longer authentic grin

You are talking to someone that read Arabic text o. Not someone that only rely on English interpretation
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by fasty: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:

@bolded, I believed in it too in the past. But Qur'an says opposite. Qur'an agree that there is ambiguities in it

(Qur'an 3:7) It is He Who has revealed the Book to you. Some of its verses are absolutely clear and lucid, and these are the core of the Book. Others are ambiguous. Those in whose hearts there is perversity, always go about the part which is ambiguous, seeking mischief and seeking to arrive at its meaning arbitrarily, although none knows their true meaning except Allah. On the contrary, those firmly rooted in knowledge say: 'We believe in it; it is all from our Lord alone. No one derives true admonition from anything except the men of understanding.

Qur'an claims we have mischievous in our mind and that's why we seek the meaning of the ambiguous verses grin. Why did the creator of the whole universe gave us book that contain ambiguity in the first place. I smell scam grin

I do respect your opinion, at least you quoted a verse that addresses ambiguity. However, in the verse as quoted states that only those with the heart of perversity and mischief intentions will seek the part of ambiguity.

In reference to the tenet of Islam as I mentioned above, I believe there's no ambiguity literary and in understanding, except if one's mind if filled with contempt for Islam.
Re: Who Wrote The Quran? by fortran12: 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
ObaOfIgbos:

Is your Bible complete?
Your Qur'an says it is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Islam View On Mouth Action? / Types Of Conditions In The Marriage Contract / Tips To Win The Heart OF A Muslim Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.