Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown (135443 Views)

The Fish I Caught In My Compound / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
Very nice meat. Bush-rats are very good source of animal protein.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by realstars: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
See Rats
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Kennitrust(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
Will you eat that rats, is it that bad with you?

2 Likes

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by bizhop01: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nigerian will soon chop cockroach
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by timota(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ebenezer202O:
I thought I was the only one that noticit is ned it
it is not rat,look at the tail u will discover it is whitish and it is ten times bigger than a rat
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Samuels90: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Rat that ate your feaces is what you are eating now. Na real WA, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Reex12(m): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Those are overgrown bush rats with quite a handful of diseases like lassa fever. Op Dont forget to cook thoroughly to avoid stories that touch...
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by consultancy: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
We dey chop this thing for B-side that year. Many of you sayings it's a rat know it's not, y'all just wanting to form porsh
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by zedegit: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
yanabasee1:
Those are rats na....

Didn't you see where the op named them Rabbit ofiontor. What's your own? grin
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Enyimbamercedes: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Eating overgrown house rats and calling them African Giant Rats

Lassa fever is real

5 Likes

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Deoboss(m): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Xsem:
That's not rat but Golfer.
Gopher can dig the ground and even crack nuts

Eyi

Yes you are correct. Rats can’t dig that deep
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by biggy26: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
This lockdown has been hard on almost everyone, any money you use for foodstuff, your pocket go feel am.

Apparently, this family of five have been staying at one corner in my compound without paying rent.

Some guys came today to fix the mosquito nets on the windows when they spotted the den of these animals.

Na so we descend on their den with water,we eventually caught four,one remaining inside, their Papa I guess,that guy stubborn gan,upon all the water,e nor come out,no wahala, he should be there, I have collected my rent in kind.

They call it African Giant Rat, We call it Rabbit
Ofiontor.
Use fire na, bros. Smoke it out!
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by jnoz23(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
doggedfighter:
Seems people are now competing on who will eat the weirdest animals.

Leaving me wondering if we're in a war situation where people eat almost anything to survive.
Op, is openly celebrating and eating rats with heaps of Santana while joyfully and gleefully uploading pictures. tongue

And even giving the rats names to reassure his stomach.

Hopefully this pandemic will soon be over so sanity and normalcy will return.

For no one can predict the kind of things some will eat if it lingers. cheesy
shut up! As if the bush meat complain give you & btw how many people u don help during this lockdown?

2 Likes

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
This lockdown has been hard on almost everyone, any money you use for foodstuff, your pocket go feel am.

Apparently, this family of five have been staying at one corner in my compound without paying rent.

Some guys came today to fix the mosquito nets on the windows when they spotted the den of these animals.

Na so we descend on their den with water,we eventually caught four,one remaining inside, their Papa I guess,that guy stubborn gan,upon all the water,e nor come out,no wahala, he should be there, I have collected my rent in kind.

Ofiontor.
But you stay in Leceister England. How come undecided
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by ikwikwi: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
Is this not Ebola meat. Fear catch me o
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by YUSTECH3(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
So disgusting
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by LiveLifeHub(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
doggedfighter:
Seems people are now competing on who will eat the weirdest animals.

Leaving me wondering if we're in a war situation where people eat almost anything to survive.
Op, is openly celebrating and eating rats with heaps of Santana while joyfully and gleefully uploading pictures. tongue

And even giving the rats names to reassure his stomach.

Hopefully this pandemic will soon be over so sanity and normalcy will return.

For no one can predict the kind of things some will eat if it lingers. cheesy

Guess you dont know how much people are suffering. For some people like me who lose their jobs without any savings, depends on charity and some hustling to keep souls together. During this period i ate even spoilt food, I would never have thought of eating spoilt food in my life but here I am due to circumstance.
Besides, I dont mind if anyone can help with a cool source of income.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by OnyeOgboni: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:

Ofiontor.

My man..these are rats!!Lassa fever still dey o..no take am joke.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by babtoundey(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
Missyajoke:
Come and give me my share ohhh
Another rat eater spotted.

No worry, we go soon deport all una to your dream country, China.

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by oyeniyishina1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
Beware of Lassa fever
slyfox35:

Ofiontor.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by gentility411(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
Final outcome Lala food is ready
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwd Forbid!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by meobizy(f): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
Yet when the white man announces that we eat rats, people will throw curses, claiming they are making us look bad with falsehood. Nairalanders, una don tire me.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by tosyne2much(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
yanabasee1:
Those are rats na....
grin grin
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by jidamsel43(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
Razzness:
Pls proceed with caution, this is 2020, no be every meat person go chop. We've had enough already.
Abeg comot jare, na something go kill person before.

please op, don't forget me here. I don't mind the thighs and legs
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
This is why I don't eat meat of any kind.

You won't know the rubbish source it came from.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Denique(f): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
Final outcome
Lala food is ready
Are you in Agbor or from there?
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by tosyne2much(m): 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
Final outcome
Lala food is ready
Baba you no carry last onto this issue ooo
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by subcbouy: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
Oga, Abegi! after you finish eating these rats take 21 days quarantine for rat virus verification syndrome test.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by PURAMENTE: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:

Ofiontor.

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by ATAKAM: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
see as men dey form like say dem no know say na rabbit dem dey call am...anytime i enter benin i dey go TV road go buy am...antelope and grasscutter..na today yansh dey back? when i was younger i kill am well well chop. if u enter oliha market u go see where dem dey sell the trap..buy...set..chop the meat...na today?
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lwkmd!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) / How To Make Soya Bean Meal For Your Baby (with Pictures) / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.