Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown (135416 Views)

The Fish I Caught In My Compound / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by SAMBARRY: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
Cloud007:
in as much as I don't support this.... Ebola can't survive the heat of cooking.
Na so chinko people talk when they were eating raw frogs,lizards and raw pig meat lipsrsealed
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by showafrica(m): 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
Razzness:
Pls proceed with caution, this is 2020, no be every meat person go chop. We've had enough already.

The meat na Ewiri na, waiting concern 2020 with Bush rat? The earlier we go back to our forefathers food the better for all of us.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by opherlinks: 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
Big Rats... People mistake them for Rabbits

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Ekugbeh(m): 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
That's not rat
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by leisuretym: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
you are eating your neighbors
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by olawonder(m): 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nooooooooooooo! Bro, these are proper rats... like proper Lassa rats! Oh no, its too late, dem don eat am already embarassed

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by sylve11: 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Xsem:
That's not rat but Golfer.
Gopher can dig the ground and even crack nuts

Eyi

Wrong.

What the op killed is nothing but The Gambian pouched rat, also known as the African giant pouched rat... cool
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by favour32(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
Na so e take start.
China chop meat,the rest of the world dey wash hands.
Anyway,those na "rabbits" wey our forefathers arrange for belle.
Nothing weird about it.
Enjoy! grin cool
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by sulaak(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
This lockdown has been hard on almost everyone, any money you use for foodstuff, your pocket go feel am.

Apparently, this family of five have been staying at one corner in my compound without paying rent.

Some guys came today to fix the mosquito nets on the windows when they spotted the den of these animals.

Na so we descend on their den with water,we eventually caught four,one remaining inside, their Papa I guess,that guy stubborn gan,upon all the water,e nor come out,no wahala, he should be there, I have collected my rent in kind.

They call it African Giant Rat, We call it Rabbit
Ofiontor.

bloody savage.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by AnthonyAk(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
If I dey compound, that entire pot dey enter gutter. This is savage
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by aliscomonaj: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
If you try eating that in Lagos you are on your own

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Mcreloaded(m): 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kpokakpoka:
Iwd be surprised if this makes front page.....
Thought snakes alone were the in-thing... grin

For your information snakes are real scarce now adays.
Any snake thread you see is from Ghana you can believe me.
Snakes a e either devised ways to elude hungry Nigerians or they have gone extinct.
I know this is not good news for LaLa but he should take heart
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Goalnaldo(m): 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lol in my side, we call it ofitor. Sounds similar.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Chochovini: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
IfeMiLove:
Okete
. IT IS Called AKOTO in our language. To really enjoy it, smoked it by the Fire like a day or two. It goes well with egusi. Chai... Foo foo continues.......
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by foxxydude: 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
If op were living in New York na over enjoyment for him grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29jHuplBVx8

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by veeceesynergy: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
doggedfighter:
Seems people are now competing on who will eat the weirdest animals.

Leaving me wondering if we're in a war situation where people eat almost anything to survive.
Op, is openly celebrating and eating rats with heaps of Santana while joyfully and gleefully uploading pictures. tongue

And even giving the rats names to reassure his stomach.

Hopefully this pandemic will soon be over so sanity and normalcy will return.

For no one can predict the kind of things some will eat if it lingers. cheesy

If u dont knw d animal, ask questions instead of writing dat long epistle.
Its called 'Giant Rat' or 'Ewita' in Igbo, its nothing but Bush meat.
Why do u eat cow or chicken, why don't u allow dem live.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by McDoe(m): 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
One of the sweetest meat ever. Afiotor, Rabbit. We used to go and hunt for them where I hail from in Delta State. God just carry food come gii u for Ouse. Chai

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by bkwin2: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
divine supply
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by princenaira(m): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
doggedfighter:
Seems people are now competing on who will eat the weirdest animals.

Leaving me wondering if we're in a war situation where people eat almost anything to survive.
Op, is openly celebrating and eating rats with heaps of Santana while joyfully and gleefully uploading pictures. tongue

And even giving the rats names to reassure his stomach.

Hopefully this pandemic will soon be over so sanity and normalcy will return.

For no one can predict the kind of things some will eat if it lingers. cheesy

You called bush rabbit rat??
Sorry dear,
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by OdenKelechi(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tufiakwa!!!! People have really lost it. what's the difference with the chinese people then?
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by hermesprogidy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:

Let me enlighten you a little,ofionto is the Benin name for rabbit,and this animal is not weird at all in the south, everyone eats it
Please speak for yourself. Not all southerners eat crap.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by HolyTitus(m): 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
Final outcome
Lala food is ready
Oooomo tongue
slyfox35:
Final outcome
Lala food is ready
Oooomo
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by deor03(m): 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
LASSA FEVER Loading

slyfox35:
This lockdown has been hard on almost everyone, any money you use for foodstuff, your pocket go feel am.

Apparently, this family of five have been staying at one corner in my compound without paying rent.

Some guys came today to fix the mosquito nets on the windows when they spotted the den of these animals.

Na so we descend on their den with water,we eventually caught four,one remaining inside, their Papa I guess,that guy stubborn gan,upon all the water,e nor come out,no wahala, he should be there, I have collected my rent in kind.

Ofiontor.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by KingAzubuike(f): 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
opherlinks:
Big Rats... People mistake them for Rabbits
Don't Kno why most of them are find of calling rats rabbits.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by olusma23(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
You have eaten rat. Maybe u should relocate to some area in Lagos, you will kill them tire. I mean it.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by emmyloski125(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Cricetomys Gambianus[Gambian pouched rat]
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Missyajoke(f): 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
malele:

My street name na ajoke o

Ehnnnn, oloruko miii
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by ecomalchemist(m): 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
uuzba:

Is he eating it for fun?
If you have money for chicken burger, go and give him.
Otherwise stop criticizing Nigerians.

Sorry, don't be angry.

You can go and catch your own rats and put in edikanikong soup, I'm sure it will taste great and you'd look well fed.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Virtplus(m): 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:

Ofiontor.
real Benin boy...na ofiotor we really dey call am ..hahaha
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Collinsanele: 5:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:

Ofiontor.

All these people forming have not lived in the village before.

That thing (it's locally called rabbit) can dig hole for Africa.
Back then, we either use smoke to get it out of its endless hole, or we dig it out. If you take a good look at its hole, you would discover palm kernels that it stored.
And yes, it's delicious �
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Stomoney(m): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
Where are the Lassa fever crew?
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Greensquard(m): 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Godforbid bad thing. What the fvck is poverty causing like this?these niggars are feasting on some rodents? shocked :osmh..make money o make rat no come begin resemble kfc chicken for ur eye o.. #youngrichandhandsome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) / How To Make Soya Bean Meal For Your Baby (with Pictures) / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.