Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) (3231 Views)

The First African To Attain The Post Of Field Marshal In The Army-photo / 'Bola Tinubu Wasn't Kicked Out Of APC NEC Meeting' - Media Aide / Uduaghan Attends APC NEC Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
Many within the APC tried to discourage Buhari from attending the NEC today, but I believe Buhari was right in doing so. In doing so Buhari used the opportunity to play neutral, Giadom is no more causing nuisance and also the NWC loyal to Oshomhole
In as much as it was Giadom that called for NEC I believe Buhari would've attend if it was Eta that called for the NEC, as someone will say, Buhari believes in first come first served.
It's a win win for both faction.
My opinion

cc proudlyngwa
fariq
senatordave1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by AntonVince: 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
The Tinubu camp's disillusionment with today's NEC resolutions is understandable as it has all but put paid to Jagaban's 2023 APC ticket pursuit.
The man has himself to blame for that.

I've always told my APC-supporting friends on this forum that the hope of reciprocity (from Buhari/the north) on which they hinge their entire 2023 aspiration is foolhardy.

Besides their unbridled fervour to oust GEJ at all cost, apparently the ACN bloc had no other motivation going into the merger that birthed the APC.

Despite going to the negotiation table with a much more formidable structure (ACN governors, Senators and MPs) than Buhari's CPC that had zero elected office holders, Tinubu never deemed it necessary to broker a (written) formal deal for power rotation akin to the PDP's zoning arrangement.
He senselessly collapsed his entire ACN structure and declared an unwavering support for the quest to return power to the north, while hoping that his obeisance and complete subservience to Buhari will endear him to the north in his wild-goose-chase pursuit of the presidency.

...and to compound Tinubu's woes, he has completely burnt bridges with the SS/SE who now deem his name virtually an abomination when discussing 2023 presidency...no thanks his 2015 betrayal.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
Many within the APC tried to discourage Buhari from attending the NEC today, but I believe Buhari was right in doing so. In doing so Buhari used the opportunity to play neutral, Giadom is no more causing nuisance and also the NWC loyal to Oshomhole
In as much as it was Giadom that called for NEC I believe Buhari would've attend if it was Eta that called for the NEC, as someone will say, Buhari believes in first come first served.
My opinion

cc proudlyngwa
fariq
senatordave1
buhari is not wise enough,
God could not give him wisdom like king Solomon who decided wisely by given the baby to the rightful owner instead to divide the baby as a win-win situation like buhari just did as a victory for the wrongful owner.
wrongful owner (giadom) want dissolution of nwc because he lost out.
and buhari did his wish.
that is injustice, by killing the baby(dissolving the nwc).
if king Solomon had killed the child, wouldn't that be injustice to the rightful owner.?

is wrong to throw away the bathwater with the baby.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
Many within the APC tried to discourage Buhari from attending the NEC today, but I believe Buhari was right in doing so. In doing so Buhari used the opportunity to play neutral, Geidom is no more causing nuisance and also the NWC loyal to Oshomhole
In as much as it was Geidom that called for NEC I believe Buhari would've attend if it was Eta that called for the NEC, as someone will say, Buhari believes in first come first served.
My opinion

cc proudlyngwa
fariq
senatordave1

Let's look at it this way.

Technically is Gaidom a NWC member.
Does he have the legal backing to call a NEC meeting.
Is there provision for a caretaker committee in the APC manifesto/rule book
Does Buhari have the legal backing to dissolve the NWC without a convention.

We don't eliminate illegality with illegality.

Buhari acted late and ended up complicating issues,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
buhari is not wise enough
Really, you think so, within 2 hours Buhari successfully ended the crisis rocking the APC and you say he's not wise?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

Let's look at it this way.

Technically is Gaidom a NWC member.
Does he have the legal backing to call a NEC meeting.
Is there provision for a caretaker committee in the APC manifesto/rule book
Does Buhari have the legal backing to dissolve the NWC without a convention.

We don't eliminate illegality with illegality.

Buhari acted late and ended up complicating issues,

I remember seeing a court declaring Giadom the authentic ag chairman, so I he had legal backing
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
Really, you think so, within 2 hours Buhari successfully ended the crisis rocking the APC and you say he's not wise?
read the reason
Jesusloveyou:
buhari is not wise enough,
God could not give him wisdom like king Solomon who decided wisely by given the baby to the rightful owner instead to divide the baby as a win-win situation like buhari just did as a victory for the wrongful owner.
wrongful owner (giadom) want dissolution of nwc because he lost out.
and buhari did his wish.
that is injustice, by killing the baby(dissolving the nwc).
if king Solomon had killed the child, wouldn't that be injustice to the rightful owner.?

is wrong to throw away the bathwater with the baby.
Kyase:
read the reason
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
I remember seeing a court declaring Giadom the authentic ag chairman, so I he had legal backing
giadom is not a party to the case,
he did not initiate the case, how come he is now the beneficially,
so he can not be a beneficially of what he is not a party to

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
read the reason read the reason
You no see wetin buhari see.
with Ajimobi gone(rest his soul), as some say he died long ago but was hidden from the public, if that is true, then there's wisdom to what he did, and remember Buhari is aware of Ajimobi's condition. Buhari acted based on what He knows that we dont...

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:

No he did not , he just escalated bad blood.
Kyase:
It is not the duty of the court to determine who becomes a party principal but to interpreted what is brought before it based on technicalities and legalities.

Giadoms approach was fraudulent and mischievous to say the least, he had already resigned and was never reinstated back, so on what ground could he have been an acting chairman, that is when Buhari should have called him to order, but it seems like Buhari likes things to get chaotic before he will be shocked.

All events that took place up till this dissolution and will fail in a competent, unbiased court.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
giadom did not a party to the case,
so he can not be a beneficially of what he is not a party to
story for another day
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

No he did not , he just escalated bad blood.

It is not the duty of the court to determine who becomes a party principal but to interpreted what is brought before it based on technicalities and legalities.

Giadoms approach was fraudulent and mischievous to say the least, he had already resigned and was never reinstated back, so on what ground could he have been an acting chairman, that is when Buhari should have called him to order, but it seems like Buhari likes things to get chaotic before he will be shocked.

All events that took place up till this dissolution and will fail in a competent, unbiased court.
The dissolved NWC already sue the case in court let's see how it goes, secondly I think Buhari worked with numbers, he favoured the majority he trust, people like El rufai, amaechi and fayemi, these are people Buhari trust and i believe he took that decision based on that

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
AntonVince:
The Tinubu camp's disillusionment with today's NEC resolutions is understandable as it has all but put paid to Jagaban's 2023 APC ticket pursuit.
The man has himself to blame for that.

I've always told my APC-supporting friends on this forum that the hope of reciprocity (from Buhari/the north) on which they hinge their entire 2023 aspiration is foolhardy.

Besides their unbridled fervour to oust GEJ at all cost, apparently the ACN bloc had no other motivation going into the merger that birthed the APC.

Despite going to the negotiation table with a more formidable structure (ACN governors, Senators and MPs) than Buhari's CPC that had zero elected office holders, Tinubu never deemed it necessary to broker a (written) formal deal for power rotation akin to the PDP's zoning arrangement.
He senselessly collapsed his entire ACN structure and declared an unwavering support for the quest to return power to the north, while hoping that his obeisance and complete subservience to Buhari will endear him to the north in his wild-goose-chase pursuit of the presidency.

...and to compound Tinubu's woes, he has completely burnt bridges with the SS/SE who now deem his name virtually an abomination when discussing 2023 presidency...no thanks his 2015 betrayal.

you are still pained, 2015 is far gone, move on.
power is going to south in 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
story for another day
from another angle,

if someone come to your house and begin to drag the ownership of your house with you,
and the government will resolve for both of you to vacant the house.
is that not injustice to you?

this unlawful method of taken back chairmanship from duly elected members of nwc will affect the party,

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
from another angle,

if someone come to your house and begin to drag the ownership of your house with you,

this unlawful method of taken back chairmanship from duly elected members of nwc will affect the party,

No it wont, just watch and see
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by AntonVince: 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
you are still pained, 2015 is far gone, move on.
power is going to south in 2023

The bolded portion is highly unlikely.
Tinubu stands no chance at all even if he's gifted the APC ticket.

Let me know if you wish to wager on that...any amount.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
No it wont, just watch and see
you mean it will be OK by you when someone come from nowhere and dragged your house with you.
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
you mean it will be OK by you when someone come from nowhere and dragged your house with you.
two different scenarios, Oshiomhole was removed , Ajimobi was never elected by congress , how is that his house ?
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Gandollaar(f): 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
The dissolved NWC already sue the case in court let's see how it goes, secondly I think Buhari worked with numbers, he favoured the majority he trust, people like El rufai, amaechi and fayemi, these are people Buhari trust and i believe he took that decision based on that
You are invariably saying Buharis action and resolutions at the Nec meeting was for his personal interest, why then do you say he acted in good conscience for the good of all, which I believe is why you opened this thread?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:

We are not talking about numbers here, we are talking about what is right and what is wrong.

Does Buhari have the power to dissolve the NWC without a convention.
Is there provision for acting chairman in the APC constitution.

Please answer this questions.

Because APC will just use litigation and kill thierselve.

Moreover if they were wise, they would have waited till after the Edo and Ondo elections to display their madness, because as far as am concerned APC will loose the two states, because tinubu will sit back and do nothing, meaning the SS will completely go to PDP.

Which will work against whoever they present on 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Gandollaar(f): 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
from another angle,

is that not injustice to you?

Join us and stop hurting!

Jesusloveyou but PDP loves you most.

Pelee aburo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Gandollaar(f): 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
two different scenarios, Oshiomhole was removed , Ajimobi was never elected by congress , how is that his house ?
Hmmm... following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Gandollaar:
You are invariably saying Buharis action and resolutions at the Nec meeting was for his personal interest, why then do you say he acted in good conscience for the good of all, which I believe is why you opened this thread?
what personal interest, he wont be contesting and Buhari is not a godfather kindof person, Buhari does not have any anointed candidate and he wont anoint anybody, maybe unless osibanjo, so disoving that was not for him but for the party
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:

Oshiomole was removed by illegality through a court order by someone who had no business taking him to court.

Ajimobi was promoted to that position.

In all this I blame Oshiomoles lawyers, who failed to tell the court Giadom was no longer a member of the NWC and as such is application was null and void
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
what personal interest, he wont be contesting and Buhari is not a godfather kindof person, Buhari does not have any anointed candidate and he wont anoint anybody, maybe unless osibanjo, so disoving that was not for him but for the party

Once again I ask you does he have any constitutional power to dissolve them, and his action does not show him not having a favoured candidate.

He was just reading an already prepared script by people who don't even care a dime about Buhari
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by DanHaske: 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
Tinubu and Oshiomole were ready to sacrifice morality, fair play and justice just so that they could achieve their personal ambitions. As a matter of fact, Tinubu is ready to burn this country to the ground so he can rule over the ashes. I am so disappointed in how he turned out after Buhari had trusted him with the party structures and all.
Buhari corrected that today
Giadom an his sponsors on the other hand were ready to to burn down APC if thats the only way to take down Oshiomole and Tinubu.
Buhari corrected that today
For the first time since May 2019, Buhari has acted as a leader.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is just angry that the crisis in APC has ended.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Gandollaar(f): 9:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

We are not talking about numbers here, we are talking about what is right and what is wrong.

Does Buhari have the power to dissolve the NWC without a convention.
Is there provision for acting chairman in the APC constitution.

Please answer this questions.

Because APC will just use litigation and kill thierselve.

Moreover if they were wise, they would have waited till after the Edo and Ondo elections to display their madness, because as far as am concerned APC will loose the two states, because tinubu will sit back and do nothing, meaning the SS will completely go to PDP.

Which will work against whoever they present on 2023
Was Tinubu in Jerusalem when Makinde won and APC snatched Osun by the whiskers?

Tinubu is in a big dilemma now because, going back to his regional designation is not attractive at all because most of the boys that made him very powerful are no more there.

In the recent past, Tinubu only needed to shout omoluabi and release some billions into circulation and all will start hailing the king, but not anymore. These boys are federal boys now and to worsen matters, he never recommended them for the federal jobs. These boys have to build there own dynasties too, since Asiwaju is not grooming a successor.

Tinubus best option is to hang on to APC and fight dirty and directly. If he looses, he died trying..

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Gandollaar(f): 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
You talked about his need to work with people he can trust like elrufai and Amaechi. You said he favoured the majority he could trust and they are the above guys, including fayemi.
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Kyase(m): 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

Oshiomole was removed by illegality through a court order by someone who had no business taking him to court.

Ajimobi was promoted to that position.

In all this I blame Oshiomoles lawyers, who failed to tell the court Giadom was no longer a member of the NWC and as such is application was null and void
saw a letter signed by oshiomhole, agreeing that giadom can go and return whenever he wants
Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
oshomole remove by obaseki faction of 5 members and buhari supported that illegal suspension.
that is just the end of APC,
because any nwc elected next 6 months will also be remove within 6months.
the fight will continue in that direction.

giadom resigned by himself to contest river state election and buhari still support giadom injustice.
giadom forged court ex part order, and he was not arrested, and buhari supported him.

buhari fall my hand, I'm highly disappointed in him for supporting injustice.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
saw a letter signed by oshiomhole, agreeing that giadom can go and return whenever he wants

That is still part of the illegality we are talking about, does oshiomole have the authority to reinstate him or his political zone will renominate him.

APC was just running on emotions without recourse to their constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Was Right To Attain The APC NEC Today(opinion) by Jesusloveyou: 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kyase:
and he was not ratified by NEC as ajimobi was not also ratified by NEC.

national secretary should be the next.
or Hillard Eta from the same south south.

giadom was not even a member again like ajimobi who has not be ratified by NEC.
Proudlyngwa:

That is still part of the illegality we are talking about, does oshiomole have the authority to reinstate him or his political zone will renominate him.

APC was just running on emotions without recourse to their constitution.
Kyase:
and he was not ratified by NEC as ajimobi was not also ratified by NEC.

national secretary should be the next.
or Hillard Eta from the same south south.

giadom was not even a member again like ajimobi who has not be ratified by NEC.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remembering The Disastrous Sokoto Rescue Mission Conducted By Nigerian Army / FG - Twitter Refused To Delete Nnamdi Kanu’s Tweets Calling Us Monkeys In a Zoo / Sit-At-Home: Ghosts Take Over Deserted Anambra, Enugu, Abia Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.