Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For (3087 Views)

Redmi Note 11 Or Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro / Iphone 11 Or The Google Pixel 4xl Which Should I go for? / Tecno Camon 11 Or Nokia X5? Please Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Heterodox(m): 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
Iphone 11 or Samsung S20 ultra .. which would you go for?
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by olassybaba: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
I have had enough of these trashy phones, nothing new.

Give me the money please

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Hormor14(m): 12:52am On Jun 26, 2020
For gaming , camera ,video recording, durability and second hand value go for iPhone if otherwise go for Samsung

1 Like

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Opperwezen(m): 1:22am On Jun 26, 2020
Hormor14:
[s] For gaming , camera ,video recording, durability and second hand value go for iPhone if otherwise go for Samsung [/s]
If you're for Second hand value, bragging rights, high quality "live" video and audio session "in" all Social media apps - iPhone

Sammy takes the glory in all other departments
Gaming, Display, Battery, Charging speed, SOT Storage, Build quality, Camera prowess and functionality, Variety, Reparability etc.

26 Likes

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Baadal(m): 3:43am On Jun 26, 2020
incase anyone is interested here.I have these iPhone and Samsung phones available for sale

Open Box 64GB iPhone 11 product Red factory unlock New

Phone only 64GB iPhone 11 purple colour factory unlock

Samsung Galaxy S10+,S20 and S20+

Call/WhatsApp 08025220285 if interested

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by D4donnn: 4:06am On Jun 26, 2020
Baadal:
incase anyone is interested here.I have these iPhone and Samsung phones available for sale

Open Box 64GB iPhone 11 product Red factory unlock New

Phone only 64GB iPhone 11 purple colour factory unlock

Samsung Galaxy S10+,S20 and S20+

Call/WhatsApp 08025220285 if interested

Correct and legit boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by NuclearReactor: 10:26am On Jun 26, 2020
very useless question... who compares an iPhone 11 to an S20 Ultra I know the purpose is to kick-start a Samsung Vs iPhone argument thread
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by NuclearReactor: 10:26am On Jun 26, 2020
very useless question... who compares an iPhone 11 to an S20 Ultra I know the purpose is to kick-start a Samsung Vs iPhone argument thread
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Urchman27(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2020
I will go for Tecno

1 Like

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Dalil8: 11:20am On Jun 26, 2020
@heterodox

Compare S20 Ultra with the soon to be released iPhone 12 Pro Max not iPhone 11.

iPhone 11 is on the same level as Samsung Note 10.

I've used both phones so i know what am saying.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Grandmeister(m): 11:26am On Jun 26, 2020
Opperwezen:

If you're for Second hand value, bragging rights, high quality "live" video and audio session "in" all Social media apps - iPhone

Gaming, Display, Battery, Charging speed, SOT Storage, Build quality, Camera prowess and functionality, Variety, Reparability etc.
Which one be bragging rights? E no go better for poverty in this country..repairability? When an s8 screen still cost more than a XS max screen? IPhones are one of the easiest phones to repair. The procedures are so simple that a dimwit can manage to do it...battery department I can't say since I have not handled the s20 ultra in depth but the 11 even surpasses the xr in battery and the xr was pushing two days on a single charge...display the Sammy wins, camera the Sammy edges out the 11 because it offers more but the still shots are basically on par on both phones..video the iPhone 11 (and other variants)is still the top dog.

Overall the s20 ultra offers more for your money but the 11 will fetch more money when you want to upgrade and it will offer more years of support..the 6s got ios 14( that's 6 whole years of support)...

8 Likes

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Grandmeister:

Which one be bragging rights? E no go better for poverty in this country..repairability? When an s8 screen still cost more than a XS max screen? IPhones are one of the easiest phones to repair. The procedures are so simple that a dimwit can manage to do it...battery department I can't say since I have not handled the s20 ultra in depth but the 11 even surpasses the xr in battery and the xr was pushing two days on a single charge...display the Sammy wins, camera the Sammy edges out the 11 because it offers more but the still shots are basically on par on both phones..video the iPhone 11 (and other variants)is still the top dog.

Overall the s20 ultra offers more for your money but the 11 will fetch more money when you want to upgrade and it will offer more years of support..the 6s got ios 14( that's 6 whole years of support)...

lol, leave the dude, s7 edge of same 2015 is still stuck in andriod oreo
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Grandmeister(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
elvischukie:

lol, leave the dude, s7 edge of same 2015 is still stuck in andriod oreo
When I saw that iPhone 6s will be getting ios 14 I was really impressed..that's 6 solid years of support..you can't get that anywhere else. It might even get ios 15 if apple wants because the system is more than capable for most things that ios will throw at it, it also helps that Apple keeps a strict control on their appstore hence the seamless interaction between hardware and software.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Opperwezen(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
Grandmeister:

How does bragging rights and poverty relate?

Do you know you can't replace the batteries of iPhone x and upwards without professional help since the back cover is glued all the way with a very nasty adhesive? Do you know that Apple plans to release an update that bans users from replacing batteries themselves, except at official Apple stores for ridiculous prices?

There are lots of videos on Battery endurance comparison between both phones, make sure to watch one before commenting.

Samsung makes the best mobile displays and that definitely comes at a higher price since quality doesn't come cheap, Samsung makes Apple's OLED displays which come cheaper, this is due to higher quality.

Samsung's major bottleneck is in providing only 2 major OS upgrades to "toagships" over the life span of the device and this is not something peculiar as a lot of other smartphone manufacturers selling their devices in the US do same, I'm guessing this is due to an agreement with Carriers, forcing users to buy newer devices every 3 years in order to "keep in touch"

I stand my ground on my previous comments, you are free to do same smiley we can't all think alike.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Grandmeister(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
Opperwezen:

How does bragging rights and poverty relate?

Do you know you can't replace the batteries of iPhone x and upwards without professional help since the back cover is glued all the way with a very nasty adhesive? Do you know that Apple plans to release an update that bans users from replacing batteries themselves, except at official Apple stores for ridiculous prices?

There are lots of videos on Battery endurance comparison between both phones, make sure to watch one before commenting.

Samsung makes the best mobile displays and that definitely comes at a higher price since quality doesn't come cheap, Samsung makes Apple's OLED displays which come cheaper, this is due to higher quality.

I stand my ground on my previous comments, you are free to do same smiley we can't all think alike.
About the glue, it's because of the water-resistant feature...you can remove the glue but you will lose the water resistance it offers..dem dey change iPhone X battery on a daily everywhere naa...

The apple battery is 30 dollars in the West, unfortunately our currency is shyt! That is why it looks expensive here...

Sammy makes better displays agreed but not cheaper, I thought we were discussing on ease of repairing?

About battery endurance like I said, I haven't used the s20 ultra in depth to actually see for myself how long it can last in real life usage..but I know the 11 can get you 2 days use and that's more than enough.
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Baadal(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
D4donnn:

Correct and legit boss
Thanks boss wink
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Opperwezen(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
Grandmeister:

About the glue, it's because of the water-resistant feature...you can remove the glue but you will lose the water resistance it offers..dem dey change iPhone X battery on a daily everywhere naa...

The apple battery is 30 dollars in the West, unfortunately our currency is shyt! That is why it looks expensive here...

Sammy makes better displays agreed but not cheaper, I thought we were discussing on ease of repairing?

About battery endurance like I said, I haven't used the s20 ultra in depth to actually see for myself how long it can last in real life usage..but I know the 11 can get you 2 days use and that's more than enough.

If you remove the glue you don't necessarily lose water resistance.

Yes you can change the cover but it's "HARD" when compared to changing that of a galaxy which places adhesive only on the edges of the cover
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by ORIJIN201(m): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
Grandmeister:

When I saw the repairability part, I laughed out loud grin

Repairability stopped at the 6s. Apple does not even want anyone to repair the iPhones anymore, only apple wants to repair your Apple device, albeit at exorbitant fees. I've never seen an evil cooperation like Apple in my life.

I've used the Apple devices from the MacBook pro to the iPhones. The reason why apple can afford to give it's phones so much support is because it works for them, they only release 3 phones a year, I mean they only used to release one before they pushed the envelope by their shitty standards. Unlike android manufacturers who have massive demographics/markets to cater for and many devices to ship. It wouldn't make sense for them profit-wise to keep supporting those devices (that's f**king the customer, yes).

Apple holds every advantage from total hardware control to software. They hold all the ace, and apart from their CPUs, Apple has not been innovative. Just adding features that has already existed on other devices, so old hardwares can run on these softwares as there are no much changes that could slow down these devices.

The only android device manufacturer that comes close to apple is Google itself with their 3 years support for their pixel devices.

iPhone 11 shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath with s20 ultra.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by alphaNomega: 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
I'd go for the iPhone 11. Apple has adopted a lot of android features to make it useable now.

The phone I really want to get is the Sony Xperia 1 II (pronounced: Sony Xperia one "mark" two)
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by nonny1212: 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nothing to compare. s20 is so pretty and I love pretty toys.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Grandmeister:

When I saw that iPhone 6s will be getting ios 14 I was really impressed..that's 6 solid years of support..you can't get that anywhere else. It might even get ios 15 if apple wants because the system is more than capable for most things that ios will throw at it, it also helps that Apple keeps a strict control on their appstore hence the seamless interaction between hardware and software.

ios anytime any day, have a spare android device though
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by chris259(m): 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
s20 all the way!!. even note9 is way better dan iphone 11
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by nitt: 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
S20 it's a no brainer
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
Opperwezen:

have you gamed with the a13 chip before, s20 wey no get battery, the iPhone camera is also better i was using before selling one of the two
Re: Iphone 11 Or Samsung S20 Ultra .. Which Would You Go For by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Grandmeister:

6yrs of support and probably more

(1) (Reply)

See How Stylish my Xiaomi Redmi 8 is / Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam / How Much Is The Gionee M3 Mini Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.