Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,034 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim (1209 Views)

Can I read 3 “ ‘Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad” & claim completion of the Holy Qur'an? / Preservation Of The Quran Against Distortion / Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 4:28am On Jun 26, 2020
I use to think Qur'an has been preserved word for word when I was a Muslim. The Muslim cleric knows that this is a lie but they never say it in the public.

Check these little indications that invalidate the so called Qur'an preservation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 4:28am On Jun 26, 2020
More..

2 Likes

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 4:33am On Jun 26, 2020
Some Muslim scholars claim that the ayah of rajm (stoning) was abrogated in the text, but it is still applicable. This is a big joke.

Let's reason together

Why would Allah or Muhammad abrogated a verse and still tell us to enforce it. What's the essence of the abrogation.

Why not abrogated verses that are no more in use such as the drinking of bear verse.

The fact remains that the prophet companions were unable to compile everything they heard from Muhammad into the Qur'an that we have today due to one reason or the other

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by tintingz(m): 5:48am On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:
Some Muslim scholars claim that the ayah of rajm (stoning) was abrogated in the text, but it is still applicable. This is a big joke.

Let's reason together

Why would Allah or Muhammad abrogated a verse and still tell us to enforce it. What's the essence of the abrogation.

Why not abrogated verses that are no more in use such as the drinking of bear verse.

The fact remains that the prophet companions were unable to compile everything they heard from Muhammad into the Qur'an that we have today due to one reason or the other

I've always known this and raised this issues in the past that the Qur'an wasn't preserved as claim by Muslims. The compiled one Muslims even read today is not totally original in what Muhammad even wrote.
https://www.nairaland.com/3678762/why-alis-compilation-quran-rejected

Yasir Qadhi is popular Muslim scholar admitted and said there are holes and problems with Qur'an preservation, that any students of Qur'an knows this. He said this in an interview with Muhammad Hijab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d225z-Yn0vk

1 Like

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 6:46am On Jun 26, 2020
tintingz:

I've always known this and raised this issues in the past that the Qur'an wasn't preserved as claim by Muslims. The compiled one Muslims even read today is not totally original in what Muhammad even wrote.
https://www.nairaland.com/3678762/why-alis-compilation-quran-rejected

Yasir Qadhi is popular Muslim scholar admitted and said there are holes and problems with Qur'an preservation, that any students of Qur'an knows this. He said this in an interview with Muhammad Hijab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d225z-Yn0vk

I have not even seen your thread. Luminous mind see error easily.

I believe Islam is getting exposed more than ever with the advent of Internet and social media
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by LabuleofNigeria: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
Xmuslim:
I use to think Qur'an has been preserved word for word when I was a Muslim. The Muslim cleric knows that this is a lie but they never say it in the public.

Check these little indications that invalidate the so called Qur'an preservation

The OP seems to be a confused soul with a poor Intelligent Quotient (IQ) . grin angry sad grin
Its either you dont understand English or you are begining to portray symptoms of brain hemorrhage (BH).
(no insults intended).

Please learn the differences and meaning of the terms; "verses" and "Qur'an"
"Verses" were not promised to be preserved. The "Qur'an" was promised to be preserved and so it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Alennsar(f): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

The OP seems to be a confused soul with a poor Intelligent Quotient (IQ) . grin angry sad grin
Its either you dont understand English or you are begining to portray symptoms of brain hemorrhage (BH).
(no insults intended).

Please learn the differences and meaning of the terms; "verses" and "Qur'an"
"Verses" were not promised to be preserved. The "Qur'an" was promised to be preserved and so it is.

The Qur'an was revealed as a sign for the wise and those who believe. He's not a Muslim, he's confused and he is looking for people who wish to join him.
If you don't open your mind to the truth then you will never be able to accept or acknowledge the truth.

1 Like

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by tintingz(m): 6:45am On Jul 02, 2020
Alennsar:

The Qur'an was revealed as a sign for the wise and those who believe. He's not a Muslim, he's confused and he is looking for people who wish to join him.
If you don't open your mind to the truth then you will never be able to accept or acknowledge the truth.

How do you know he was not a Muslim?
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2020
Alennsar:

You don't need to be wise to believe.
All you need is to believe that there is a giant ruthless monster in the sky that is ready to roast you in eternal fire if you don't follow a particular religion (especially the one you were born into, because it is usually the best in your eyes due to the long term indoctrination)

But You need to be wise to disbelief. Only if you are wise enough to grasp the gist in this little piece grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Alennsar(f): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2020
Xmuslim:

You don't need to be wise to believe.
All you need is to believe that there is a giant ruthless monster in the sky that is ready to roast you in eternal fire if you don't follow a particular religion (especially the one you were born into, because it is usually the best in your eyes due to the long term indoctrination)

But You need to be wise to disbelief. Only if you are wise enough to grasp the gist in this little piece grin
You may be right and you might not be. But do you really think you're the only one who got it figured out and the others can't?
Like I said yesterday what ever you choose to do is not important to me and that is why I will never ask you why you convert if indeed you are a Muslim.

Every human is entitled to believe what ever they want to after all we'll meet our creator one day, then each of us will get our full rewards.

I wish you whatever you wish yourself.

1 Like

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
Alennsar:

You may be right and you might not be. But do you really think you're the only one who got it figured out and the others can't?

I was a bit angry with you before. But not anymore. You raised a good point. Anyone can be wrong. The most important thing is to be sincere on your opinion and let it be knowledge based.

Unfortunately,

1. most religious people aren't even aware of the religion per se because they don't dive deep. Most apostates are those that were very religious; those that dive deep into the religion.

2. Most religious people are afraid of the hell fire, hence, they don't trust their brain if their brain doubt the authenticity of the religion based on the available evidence

3. Most religious people are emotionally attached to the religion because they were born into it and they have a lot to lose if the religion is proven wrong. Hence, they're emotionally attached to the religion

4. Some people cannot live without religion, because it is difficult to think that there is a possibility that one may just vanish after death without any paradise and 72 virgins. They won't have a reason to live if everything end aftet death.

5. Some people don't think that God (if he exist) may not judge us by religion, but by good behaviour.

Alennsar:

I wish you whatever you wish yourself.

I wish myself all the best and wish you same. Stay safe dear.

P. S: We didn't abandoned religion because we love hell fire or because we are tired of five daily prayers. We left because we found out that religion doesn't have strong convincing evidence. So we're innocent grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by k4kenny(f): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
Xmuslim:

I was a bit angry with you before. But not anymore. You raised a good point. Anyone can be wrong. The most important thing is to be sincere on your opinion and let it be knowledge based.

Unfortunately,

1. most religious people aren't even aware of the religion per se because they don't dive deep. Most apostates are those that were very religious; those that dive deep into the religion.

2. Most religious people are afraid of the hell fire, hence, they don't trust their brain if their brain doubt the authenticity of the religion based on the available evidence

3. Most religious people are emotionally attached to the religion because they were born into it and they have a lot to lose if the religion is proven wrong. Hence, they're emotionally attached to the religion

4. Some people cannot live without religion, because it is difficult to think that there is a possibility that one may just vanish after death without any paradise and [size=16pt]72 virgins[/size]. They won't have a reason to live if everything end aftet death.

5. Some people don't think that God (if he exist) may not judge us by religion, but by good behaviour.

I wish myself all the best and wish you same. Stay safe dear.

P. S: We didn't abandoned religion because we love hell fire or because we are tired of five daily prayers. We left because we found out that religion doesn't have strong convincing evidence. So we're innocent grin

With your mentioning of these 72 virgins. I'm more convinced you were never truly a muslim. Real muslims never believed in that crap. The hadith has ben debunked decades ago. Only non muslims latch on to it. You deceive none but yourself.
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
k4kenny:

With your mentioning of these 72 virgins. I'm more convinced you were never truly a muslim. Real muslims never believed in that crap. The hadith has ben debunked decades ago. Only non muslims latch on to it. You deceive none but yourself.
ok
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
k4kenny:

bring the evidence that the hadith is not authentic. Wait, it seems you are not a sunni Muslim. Enjoy your Islam grin. But be ready for the hell fire of the 73 sect that Muhammad says will enter hell fire. Only sunni Muslim are going directly to paradise
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by motayoayinde: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2020
FIRST OF ALL, THE INTRODUCTION TO YOUR THREAD IS OFFENSIVE.

YOU DON'T GET MUCH OUT OF ANY DISCUSSION (if the intention is mutual understanding), BY INSINUATIONS, IN THIS REGARD, THAT ISLAMIC SCHOLARS ARE LYING TO MUSLIMS ABOUT THE "PRESERVATION" OF THE QUR'AN.

SECONDLY, THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD IS AS MISLEADING AS THE "EVIDENCES" YOU PROVIDED.

YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW THAT THERE'S A FIELD IN ISLAMIC STUDIES KNOWN AS "ULOOMUL QUR'AN". IT'S A STUDY OF ALL ASPECTS OF THE QUR'AN.
IT HAS LOTS OF BRANCHES BUT THOSE THAT ARE OF IMPORTANCE TO US HERE ARE: "JAM'UL QUR'AN"/COMPILATION OF QUR'AN,
"HIFZUL QUR'AN" PRESERVATION OF THE QUR'AN.

YOUR GROUSE SEEMS TO BE ABOUT THE COMPILATION OF THE QUR'AN AND NOT THE PRESERVATION.

IN THE COMPILATION, WHICH STARTED WITH THE PROPHET, THERE WERE REMOVALS AND ADDITIONS ON THE ORDER OF THE PROPHET, VERSES WERE ALSO MOVED FROM ONE CHAPTER TO ANOTHER.

NOTE THAT THE PROPHET NEVER DID ANYTHING ON HIS OWN ACCORD. INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT THESE VERSES WERE GIVEN BY ALLAH. SEE QUR'AN 2, VERSE 106.

106. None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?

THE LATTER STAGE OF THE COMPILATION WAS DONE AFTER THE PROPHET. IT WAS JUST THE COLLECTION OF THE DIFFERENT PARCHMENTS IN WHICH THE QUR'AN HAD BEEN WRITTEN AND WHAT HAD BEEN MEMORIZED, INTO A BOOK FORM.

THIS WAS DONE BY ZAYD BN THAABIT, THE PROPHET'S SCRIBE, ON THE ORDERS OF ABUBAKAR AND UTHMAAN RESPECTIVELY. HE WAS VERY SCRUPULOUS NOT TO LEAVE ANYTHING OUT DURING THE COMPILATION.

THEREFORE, NO REMOVAL OR INCLUSION WAS DONE BY ANYONE, AFTER THE PROPHET, IN THE MAIN MANUSCRIPT TILL DATE.

REFERRING TO YOUR EVIDENCES NOW.
FIRST QUOTE
THIS IS NOT HADITH, IT'S THE OPINION OF A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL AND IT'S AN INCORRECT OPINION

SECOND QUOTE
AGAIN, A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL FORGETS WHAT SHE HAS MEMORIZED OF THE QUR'AN AND YOU THINK THAT'S ENOUGH TO CLAIM SOME PARTS OF THE QUR'AN WERE FORGOTTEN, THIS HAPPENS TO ALL OF US. BUT THANKFULLY, WHAT ONE PERSON FORGETS OF THE QUR'AN, MANY OTHERS REMEMBER.

THIRD QUOTE
READ QUR'AN 2 VERSE 106 ONCE AGAIN.
IT'S BEEN TAKEN CARE OF. NOTHING SPECIAL.

FOURTH QUOTE
AGAIN, QUR'AN 2 VERSE 106 COMES TO THE RESCUE. ALTHOUGH THE PROPHET REMOVED THIS VERSE FROM THE QUR'AN, IT'S IN THE HADITH.

FIFTH QUOTE
HERE, AISHA WAS RIGHT AS THE MEANING OF "SOLAATUL WUSTO" ACCORDING TO MOST INTERPRETATIONS, IS THE ASR PRAYER.
THE PROPHET ONLY EXPLAINED THE MEANING OF THIS STATEMENT. IT WAS NEVER A PART OF THE QUR'AN.
SHE PROBABLY WANTED THE MEANING OF "SOLAATUL WUSTO" NOTED ALONG SIDE THE VERSE.

SIXTH QUOTE
WHAT MAKES THIS HADITH SO DOUBTFUL IS THE PART WHICH TALKS ABOUT BREASTFEEDING AN ADULT 10 TIMES.
NO SUCH THING EXISTS IN ISLAM.
ONLY BABIES ARE BREASTFED IN ISLAM AND THAT'S IF THEY ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 2.
BUT TALKING ABOUT THE QUR'AN PART, ASSUMING THE HADITH WAS AUTHENTIC, IF A SHEEP ATE AISHA'S COPY OF SOME VERSES, WHAT OF THE COPIES WITH OTHER PEOPLE? WHAT OF THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN MEMORIZED?, WHAT OF THE ONES WITH THE PROPHET'S SCRIBE, ZAID BN THAABIT?

FINALLY, LET'S TALK ABOUT THE PRESERVATION OF THE QUR'AN.
HERE, THE QUR'AN TAKES THE MEDAL AS THE MOST METICULOUSLY PRESERVED BOOK IN HISTORY. ALLAH SAYS IN QUR'AN 15 V 9:

9. We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

THE PRESERVATION OF THE QUR'AN IS KEEPING IT FROM BEING CORRUPTED OR FORGOTTEN. ALLAH HAS KEPT HIS WORD BY MAKING IT THE ONLY SCRIPTURE COMPLETELY COMMITTED TO MEMORY BY MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS.

AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Realismailakabir: 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
but why didnt mode block this guy? how muslims did you see posting on christian section? and i'm very sure you are not an ex-muslim you are doing all these to confuse people of their religion.

2 Likes

Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
Realismailakabir:
but why didnt mode block this guy? how muslims did you see posting on christian section? and i'm very sure you are not an ex-muslim you are doing all these to confuse people of their religion.
typical Muslim. You are always against freedom of expression. As for your claim, you are right - I was never a Muslim grin
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
motayoayinde:

SIXTH QUOTE
WHAT MAKES THIS HADITH SO DOUBTFUL IS THE PART WHICH TALKS ABOUT BREASTFEEDING AN ADULT 10 TIMES.
NO SUCH THING EXISTS IN ISLAM.
ONLY BABIES ARE BREASTFED IN ISLAM AND THAT'S IF THEY ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 2.

first you tried, but there are obvious logical fallacies in your claim. But I'm not interested in dragging the issue. It is crystal clear that Qur'an wasn't perfectly preserved as claimed. Even honest Muslim scholars agree to this.

Regarding breastfeeding, I guess you are not aware of the hadeeths that talk about adult breastfeeding
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by looker444: 5:23am On Sep 28, 2020
These videos answer much of the discussion I believe. For advanced knowledge of Islam learning Seerah, the Arabic language, and discussing with scholars directly is essential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVh4DYGqSZs&list=PLFbKJAXVTNjf1k5nWUPJyvDM7yn34KBiV&index=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEguur02tPg
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by looker444: 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thoughts?
Re: Qur'an Preservation - a mere claim by Xmuslim: 7:36am On Sep 30, 2020
looker444:
Thoughts?
abrogation is an escape plan for Muhammad and Muslims also emulate him. Nothing convincing in the Farid video. He is an apologetic and he is only ready to defend Islam not to side with the truth (even if it is against Islam)

Why would all knowing God reveal a verse and later cancel it. I expect him to be more intelligent than me. I understand alcohol gradual prohibition, which is the popular example, but

- what of a whole chapter gotten abrogated.
-What of stoning verse that is expected to be enforced, but abrogated in the text, what's the logic in this. Allah is ashamed of the verse?
- what of a verse that prohibit additional marriage for Muhammad which was later abrogated by another verse that permitted him to continue adding wives.

Is Allah confused? What was he thinking when he revealed the chapter and the verse? Pardon my language.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Really Love You! / Women Rights In Islam / Regain Your Humanity. Lower Your Gaze.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.