Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:58 PM

Hunting In The Sacred Months - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hunting In The Sacred Months (4247 Views)

Hunting, Herbal Medicine And Shirk In Yorùbá Lands: Any Connection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunting In The Sacred Months by Lukgaf(m): 5:24am On Jun 26, 2020
We are now in the Month of Dhu'l-Qa'dah, this month and the next two are refered as sacred months in Islam. Can we hunt in this month?

Praise be to Allaah.

The sacred months are Rajab, Dhu’l-Qa’dah, Dhu’l-Hijjah and Muharram. These are what are referred to in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the number of months with Allaah is twelve months (in a year), so was it ordained by Allaah on the Day when He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are Sacred (i.e. the 1st, the 7th, the 11th and the 12th months of the Islamic calendar). That is the right religion, so wrong not yourselves therein”

[al-Tawbah 9:36]

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/97216/is-hunting-in-the-sacred-months-haraam

There is nothing wrong with hunting in these months; rather the prohibition on hunting is connected to two things:

1 – Ihraam for Hajj or ‘Umrah, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Kill not the game while you are in a state of Ihraam [for Hajj or ‘Umrah (pilgrimage)], and whosoever of you kills it intentionally, the penalty is an offering, brought to the Ka‘bah, of an eatable animal (i.e. sheep, goat, cow) equivalent to the one he killed, as adjudged by two just men among you; or, for expiation, he should feed Masaakeen (poor persons), or its equivalent in Sawm (fasting), that he may taste the heaviness (punishment) of his deed. Allaah has forgiven what is past, but whosoever commits it again, Allaah will take retribution from him. And Allaah is All‑Mighty, All-Able of Retribution”

[al-Maa’idah 5:95]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This is Allaah’s prohibition on killing game when in the state of ihraam, and a prohibition on being involved in any activities of this nature. End quote.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer (2/99).

2 – Hunting within the limits of the Sanctuary, which means Makkah and Madeenah, because of the ahaadeeth that were narrated concerning that.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood up on the day of the Conquest and said:

“Allaah sanctified Makkah the day He created the heavens and the earth, so it is sacred by the sanctity decreed by Allaah until the Day of Resurrection. It was not permitted for anyone before me to fight therein and will never be permitted to anyone after me, and it was only permitted to me for part of a day. Its game is not to be disturbed and its thorns are not to be cut.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1284) and Muslim (1353).

The relevant point here is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Its game is not to be disturbed.” This hadeeth clearly states that it is haraam to disturb the game of Makkah, so it is more appropriate that hunting itself is forbidden.

As for Madeenah, it is proven in al-Saheeh that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to say: If I saw gazelles grazing in Madeenah I would not disturb them. The Messenger of Allaah (S) said: “The area between its two lava fields is a sanctuary.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1774) and Muslim (1372).

The lava fields are the harrahs or areas of black stone, and Madeenah is between two lava fields, east and west.

As for the sacred months, there is no connection between them and the prohibition on hunting.

And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/97216/is-hunting-in-the-sacred-months-haraam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by Kherdija(f): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2020
Masha Allah,Jazakallahu khairan.

1 Like

Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by ThatFairGuy: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2020
Jazzakallahu khayran mallam.
Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by FuckTheMod: 9:20am On Jun 26, 2020
Good cool

1 Like

Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by Smartwork676(m): 9:22am On Jun 26, 2020
jdj
Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by sulasa07(m): 9:22am On Jun 26, 2020
The trolls will soon full this section, I don't blame them since they've got nothing better to do

1 Like

Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by sunshineV(f): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2020
it's about time

4 Likes

Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by rowland545(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2020
Y do I have to believe Islam is d only true religion hmmm......anyway that aside....

So there is time table for hunting... Wat about for fvcking

6 Likes

Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2020
For this Naija? Na hunger go finish you and light no dey to store the food for fridge sef

1 Like

Re: Hunting In The Sacred Months by marca(m): 10:46am On Jun 26, 2020
Alhamdulillah shukuran for making me a practicing Muslim. A religion that has perfected our being; if only we obey all the terms and regulations. Jazakallahu khairan brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Should Initiate Salaam Between Phone Caller And Receiver? / Eid L Adha: Conditions For The Udhiyah (ram/as The Case May Be) / The Fast Of Al-ayaamul-ul-beed (13th, 14th And 15th) Of Muharram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.