Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Game Of Thrown Between The Jagaban And President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Game Of Thrown Between The Jagaban And President Buhari (285 Views)

Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / The Jagaban Of Lagos, Tinubu, Dances Inside His Mansion. See Reactions (photos) / Caption This Photo Of Okorocha And President Buhari In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Game Of Thrown Between The Jagaban And President Buhari by excel001(m): 8:43am On Jun 26, 2020
National Daily Newspaper
Tinubu-backed NWC rejects Buhari’s illegal dissolution, ready to sue NEC
Hours after its dissolution by President Muhammadu Buhari during the APC NEC meeting on Thursday, the party’s NWC is preparing for a legal battle to tackle the president and his decision.

According to the NWC, the NEC meeting convened by the self-appointed Ag. National Chairman Victor Giadom was illegal. The Hillard Eta-led committee said the former deputy secretary has no authority to call for such meeting.

Buhari had claimed he had good legal advice before he backed the Giadom one-man NWC. But many, including one of the president’s associates, Prof. Itse Sagay, believe the advice was ‘mischievous’.

The NWC was initially headed by the late southwest national vice chairman Abiola Ajimobi, and it was composed of excos loyal to the suspended chairman Adams Oshiomhole and his major backer Bola Tinubu, the party national chairman.

In a statement the NWC issued Thursday evening, the group said it already began consultation with stakeholders and lawyers for necessary court action.

This seems a defiance of the resolution by Buhari–that all litigation, past, present, and future, should be put on hold.

Litigation has become ten a penny in the ruling party, and it’s mostly a battle royale. National excos can be hurled out of the party from the ward level—as it happened to Oshiomhole; and a low-ranking deputy can sue for the top job in the national committee—as it favoured Giadom.

In the spiraling confusion that engulfs the party, some critics have urged the NWC to take the plunge: expel Buhari from the NEC or the party.

“I want the Tinubu faction of the APC led by Ajimobi to suspend president Buhari from the party if he goes ahead to attend Gaidom’s NEC. I want them to be courageous,” said Deji Adeyanju, the convener of Concerned Nigerians.

Also at the Thursday NEC meeting Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, embattled Deputy National Secretary of APC, Victor Giadom and some members of the APC National Working Committee, NWC

Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni, has been appointed as Caretaker Committee chairman of the APC.
Copied from
National Daily Newspaper.
Can President Buhari be expelled from NWC as advised by those critics.
From your political experience what do you think will be Jagaban's and his follower next move and the consequence?
Re: Game Of Thrown Between The Jagaban And President Buhari by sapientia(m): 9:03am On Jun 26, 2020
Where can I buy one cup of Ijebu Garri?

With 10 naira sugar

And sachet cowbell milk.

Its more than the value of these old men squabbles to me

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Govt Seeks To Rescusitate Abandoned Ibom Tropical Project / Senate Receives Buhari’s Request To Confirm 11 Judges For FCT High Court, Others / FEDERAL APPOINTMENTS: FCT Must Be Treated As A State - Lawan Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.