Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

The True Meaning Of Arabic Text On Naira Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Meaning Of Arabic Text On Naira Note (1037 Views)

Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets / Reno Omokri Defends Arabic On Naira Note On His Social Media Page / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Meaning Of Arabic Text On Naira Note by rasheylaw(m): 8:59am On Jun 26, 2020
The true meaning of incorporating Arabic into the NAIRA database

You should note the Arabic inscriptions that are clearly written on the value of the naira and you will wonder why. These products can be found on the N5, N10, N20, N50, N100, N200, N500 and N1000 models.

Well, the Arabic script on the Naira data is not Arabic, but Ajami. Al-Ajami is an Arabic version of the Hausa script, and is incorporated into the Naira note to allow non-Westerners to read Al-Ajmi to know every naira and to distinguish it to facilitate business transactions. .

Ajam is an Arabic word that means mute, which all means that a person whose mother tongue is not Arabic.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Arabic Text On Naira Note by tobito33(m): 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
rasheylaw:

You should note the Arabic inscriptions that are clearly written on the value of the naira and you will wonder why. These products can be found on the N5, N10, N20, N50, N100, N200, N500 and N1000 models.

Well, the Arabic script on the Naira data is not Arabic, but Ajami. Al-Ajami is an Arabic version of the Hausa script, and is incorporated into the Naira note to allow non-Westerners to read Al-Ajmi to know every naira and to distinguish it to facilitate business transactions. .

Ajam is an Arabic word that means mute, which all means that a person whose mother tongue is not Arabic.
wow I know that's why all our leaders are mute!!! I dedicate my ftc to leaders before me
Re: The True Meaning Of Arabic Text On Naira Note by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 01, 2020
Don't know why we have Arabic on our notes in the first place
Are we really serving some masters?
Re: The True Meaning Of Arabic Text On Naira Note by bookson(m): 8:51am On Jul 01, 2020
I don't see any meaning or reason in you writeup Oga. No Justification whatsoever as far as i am concern.
Re: The True Meaning Of Arabic Text On Naira Note by Duru1(m): 8:57am On Jul 01, 2020
rasheylaw:

What about non-Westerners who are not Hausa and do not understand the so-called Al-Ajami? In fact, Nigeria is a waste.

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Turns Prayer Warrior, Leads APC Members To Pray Against Obaseki(Video) / Orji Kalu Isn't Popular Or Wealthy Enough To Be President / Ajimobi Already Paid For The Akobo Flyover Makinde Re-awarded — Fijabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.