Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? (47066 Views)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Sososo(f): 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
By 30 if financially buoyant but 25 is ideal
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by steveekeoma(m): 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
FreakDesign:
Anytime you feel you are now a man! Me I left at the age of 17.
But they're still paying ur bills from home?

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by armyofone(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
As long as you live with them and not entitled.
After 20, make sure you have a plan of moving out and see living with them a temporary thing. You also contribute e.g buy monthly household stuff and be self reliant (buy your own food). Living with them after 25 years and continue to be spoon fed is a shame on the person and personal self abuse. You have to go into the starry night (world) and be independent.

Possiblegee:
bro nothing is bad if your still leaving with them even at 27/28 no be by how far na by how well, all the best bro .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by cray91(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
since everybody don dey mention any age make i talk my own
I moved out at 8month
and built my first house for them at 2years haha
LaJose78:
Like this post I saw on this blog, I hereby throw the question to you guys on NL.

https://punchng.com/at-what-age-should-an-adult-leave-their-parents-house/

For me age is not a matter especially in Nigeria. As long as you are above 18 and can hustle and you have a plan. You're good to go.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
The Nigerian environment is not favourable to just leave your parents home without proper planning and a secured job.What if you leave and go and rent a house and one thing led to another you lost your job and cannot pay house rent and utility bills and the landlord give you a quit notice,where will you go to?You will go back to your parents house and start from a scratch.I know guys who left their parents houses and when they lost their jobs they couldn't go back home.They left their rented apartment when their rent expired and started squatting with friends.Their friends are also not comfortable with their continued living with them they have to go back home.

15 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by technuel: 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
What it I built a house in my Papa House and I am staying there

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by stanisbaratheon: 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
When you start earning your own money.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by hollah123: 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
FreakDesign:
Anytime you feel you are now a man! Me I left at the age of 17.
nobody asked u when u left for University or to learn a trade, virtually everyone left at that age for University or trade.

read d question again n get d point

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Fuckalldmods(f): 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Anytime you think you are ready to...

If you are working close to your father's house, stay there until you're ready to marry before moving out. It will help you in many ways.

Note: Preferably if your father/mother is the owner of the house.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by LordPherule(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Either from rich home or not, either middle class or upper class - as soon as a boy is leaving secondary school or at 16, he's eligible and supposed to be capable of leaving his parent's house. I don't know about girls, they can still grow older.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Professorcplus(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
alphaRego01:
Omk eh,once u notice a toxic relationship btween u and either of ur parent,my broda start drastically planning urself to leave....

Some of this our '90s parents sabi use their children for selfish purposes

Bible said btwen husband and wife is till death do us part...were did they add children?
Hum I can relate cry

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Undissputed(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Left at 25 and witnessed the world at a whole new level. Nothing beats experiencing the world your own way, developing the way you want and creating your own worldview.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Krexpah(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
ASAP
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by erico2k2(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
LaJose78:
Like this post I saw on this blog, I hereby throw the question to you guys on NL.

For me age is not a matter especially in Nigeria. As long as you are above 18 and can hustle and you have a plan. You're good to go.
whatever age you recon you can fend for yourself

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by heendrix(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Adonike:
My brother, once you graduate from school (especially higher institution), u no suppose go back home again.

hmmmm
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Otutu1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Im 30 and still here

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
armyofone:
As long as you live with them and not entitled.
After 20, make sure you have a plan of moving out and see living with them a temporary thing. You also contribute e.g buy monthly household stuff and be self reliant (buy your own food). Living with them after 25 years and continue to be spoon fed is a shame on the person. You have to go into the starry night (world) and be independent.

yes your right any responsible human should know this things especially if your parents don’t have enough to go round

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Kendroid: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
I'm leaving for NYSC soon, I don't plan on returning back!
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Possiblegee:
Actually it depends if your parents are rich you can actually leave and get your own apartment any time you want ,but in a case where you guys are poor ,men try your best and leave them and face your own challenges at least 24/23
what if he is still in school?

to me I think it should depend on when you are ready
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Akhirastriver(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
I left them at 10,
Hahahahahaha sorry o, am just trying to become a motivational speaker... Am still with them at 23 grin
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by grandstar(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
25/26 for men.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Zowee10(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
Me am planning to leave them at 22.

Am currently staying with step dad and my mum.

So you know as Nigerian step dad behaves na.

Just enduring for now

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by NextBuhari: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
Salvofthesouth:
I have not left but I'll leave once I secure a job.

Someone please help me with connection for a job here in Lagos o. I just graduated with an OND in computer science and a B.Sc, Geology recently and was waiting for service before the lockdown hit. I can start as an intern for your company and then grow from there! I'm Tech savvy and I can handle social media accounts and digitals marketing, customer services, I can act in other different productive roles too . I plan on starting as an intern. Even if I'm to go for NYSC I'd direct deploy to lagos to keep things going. Any good hearted person here should help connect me! I reside in Ikeja. 07089673132
Npower portal is now open for application. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by zedegit: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
LaJose78:

Are you folks not tired of recycling same questions? Abi issues don finish?
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by boom99(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
Leave after ur uni. Them done try for u. Unless u become a liability without knowing
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nathphil(m): 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Whenever you are ready find you way. Dont let any one deceive or pressure you.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lostz:
what if he is still in school?

to me I think it should depend on when you are ready
your parents should take good care of you if your still in school until your through with school t,that’s why I said at least 27/28

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by armyofone(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Better than making a place you lived as baby a permanent place in your 20s.
We will figure it out when that eventually happen to us - but in the meantime, move out of your parents home after university and go face life....it is called "grow up"
Let them rest from seeing you daily.

comshots:
The Nigerian environment is not favourable to just leave your parents home without proper planning and a secured job.What if you leave and go and rent a house and one thing led to another you lost your job and cannot pay house rent and utility bills and the landlord give you a quit notice,where will you go to?You will go back to your parents house and start from a scratch.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by kheny12(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Not about age but the challenge's someone will face.it's better to husstle first and make money. And now boast of feeding yourself without any difficulty.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by steveekeoma(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Possiblegee:
bro nothing is bad if your still leaving with them even at 27/28 no be by how far na by how well, all the best bro .
Consoling speech.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Octuplets In South Africa / Husband Caught Having Sex With His Maid Just Hours After His Wife Gave Birth / I Lost My Wife (a Nairalander)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.