Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? (47064 Views)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by accountantben: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2020
I so much cherish this blog. Have seen the various comments which sound so nice and interesting. I left my parents house after my nysc, I should be around 28 yrs then. But some niggars in Benin are yet to leave their parents house. These guys in question have clock 35 to 40. These guys are still in their parents house all in the name of I want to travel abroad. They are waiting for their little sister's who travelled to Italy all in the name of prostitution to come and take them to oversea. Hence, it is only in Benin you will find these set of people.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by ThatFairGuy: 8:04am On Jun 27, 2020
Left at 25. They wanted me not, with pampering, but I had to be a man
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by wjames(m): 8:22am On Jun 27, 2020
I moved away from my parents house last year(I was 27years and I was self employed) I was scared at first but I grew some balls and I got a 2bed apartment. I used to be a big time baller at bars and clubs and I spend lavishly cos I had no bills to pay and food was always ready anytime I get home.
Ever since I started staying alone, I spend less on things that has no value. I also keep a low profile lately and I hardly go out with lot of friends like I use to cos bills always ringing bell in my ear. I think living alone will get you more serious(depending on who you are). Everything is just by God’s grace #prayforGrace

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by rebirthto: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2020
Contrary to what people think Nigeria was not as bad as this... finished school at 22 went for Nysc almost immediately left parents house immediately I came back from Nysc got first job at 24,maybe I was just lucky.
uchman46:

So by 23/24 you're done with school and might have secured a job, bikonu in which country cause definitely not Nigeria

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Myketuale(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2020
bukatyne:

What does strong independent women mean?
those that can that can stand on their own without depending on anyone.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by bukatyne(f): 8:52am On Jun 27, 2020
Myketuale:

those that can that can stand on their own without depending on anyone.

Ok.

I want to believe that means a woman can be pay all her bills.

Is there anything like a strong independent man?
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Justarandomguy: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2020
LaJose78:
Like this post I saw on this blog, I hereby throw the question to you guys on NL.

https://punchng.com/at-what-age-should-an-adult-leave-their-parents-house/

For me age is not a matter especially in Nigeria. As long as you are above 18 and can hustle and you have a plan. You're good to go.
for me it doesn't matter. Some are okay but still live with their parents. They will maintain the house and everything.

But society will say otherwise
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by gungab(m): 9:49am On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:
cool

What works for A might not work for B, always find the balance

Read about Simon Cowell's life, read about The Founder of Kentucky's life

For me I left home very early for college 16/17, travelled out after service and never looked back since except visitation.. but my street brother stayed and married in his father's house, built a sport betting company from home, built his first house from home, leveraged on his father's Goodwill and became a caretaker LGA chairman, and became a multimillionaire ,

If I never had to pay huge rent because of Vagina aka Privacy, maintained a car because of pvssy, I could have done a lot at home, and if I had stayed and put up with my parents "wahala" I would had been better motivated

Serving a Landlord by paying your rents to him is a sure way not to get your own house, always leverage on family support

Best advice ever.
Leverage on your family support be it poor or rich.
In addition be determined, don't get carried away.
What I discovered about young people moving out of their parents out is because of independent, but those independent atimes boils down to the fact that they want to enjoy life carry babes, bang more d*cks or pu**y without anyone checkmating them.
Shout out to those that leaves there Papa house early for genuine reason.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by OgunrinolA20(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:
cool

What works for A might not work for B, always find the balance

Read about Simon Cowell's life, read about The Founder of Kentucky's life

For me I left home very early for college 16/17, travelled out after service and never looked back since except visitation.. but my street brother stayed and married in his father's house, built a sport betting company from home, built his first house from home, leveraged on his father's Goodwill and became a caretaker LGA chairman, and became a multimillionaire ,

If I never had to pay huge rent because of Vagina aka Privacy, maintained a car because of pvssy, I could have done a lot at home, and if I had stayed and put up with my parents "wahala" I would had been better motivated

Serving a Landlord by paying your rents to him is a sure way not to get your own house, always leverage on family support

So many sense in this 100%, like you said what works for A might not work for B...

I pray God bless us with the work that makes us meet ends and beyond ends alone...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Tchange1(m): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2020
There is no age in bracket only that you leave when you fully understand what Responsibilities, facing reality and consequences means to your life.

Same also goes to marriage most especially for guys when the time is right they will know within themselves.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by uwemconcept: 10:10am On Jun 27, 2020
Only leave when you are street matured. To start life no be bean o..

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 27, 2020
eni4real:
Listen to him!!!
You can't resist the truth for too long undecided
You done?
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 27, 2020
Zoie:

You done?
Who?
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 27, 2020
eni4real:
Who?
Your ghost undecided
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Zoie:

Your ghost undecided
Righteousness89, your sister need more input cheesy

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by maisauki: 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
whence he knew he's an adult
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by kendological(m): 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
niyidenrele:
Left at 36,... 2yrs after met my heartrob, happily married now, cheesy
I hope to find love like you.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by nickvanilla(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
humilitypays:
The only morality Nigerians know how to carry on their head and hawk like gala is sexual morality, but talk of financial morality and integrity that man you quoted will most likely sell his kidney to fulfill his financial thirst and greed, is he not a Nigerian

Most Nigerians start practicing to become Pastors just to become rich through free money from people, not because they want to serve God and humanity.

Their preaching always center around sexual morality and prosperity preaching, but financially morality and pious is never in their book!!

So neglect them, if you love God and want to please God, love people around you and treat them well.

Entering the kingdom of God is not going to be by righteousness of men but by the grace of God.

If it is by righteousness no Nigerian will get close to the street that leads to the estate that nears heaven angry

You're a very wise man. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
15years old is good
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Julian18(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
bukatyne:
Funny question, depends on family and economic status.

The richer one's family is, the less the pressure to leave the house before you are ready to (marriage or job).

When to leave the house without a concrete reason to do so is usually a discussion for the lower class.

I like this one��
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Julian18(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
I left my mum wen I got admission at 20,
Now am done with school, I’m still with my rich Aunt planning for the next step.�
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by JBoss25(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
Chevronstaff:
I left my parents house at the age of 24.. I was fortunate to get a very good job after NYSC.. I passed all stages of the recruitment process and was employed..Things changed positively for me... I was able to stand on my own and support my family.
can you help me out
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Anslemarles(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
20 is okay
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by roldet804(m): 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
LaJose78:
chai welldone
mine 19 undecided
LaJose78:
chai welldone
mine 19
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Adonike(m): 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Myketuale:

what if you never went to school?
well, that's when one needs to use his instinct!!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Wierdceo: 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
I left when I was 20years old. I wanted to go to work one day and my dad just started yelling on me about the things I do that he doesn't like. It was a heated argument and I was humiliated, my younger brother even joined and poured water on me. I left home that day and vowed it was the last day I'll stay with them in that house. That was how I left. Tho we've settled and I visit them once a week but I don't stay with them anymore. They now have a little respect for me now.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by niyidenrele: 10:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
kendological:

I hope to find love like you.
it is well with you
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by iLearner: 4:44am On Jun 28, 2020
OBku4:

Bros, it's the other way round... It'll make young men complacent. angry

angry
Guy, get your ass off that bed & pot and find your daily bread!!!

Leave that comfort zone (complacent attitude) before it wrecks you

A lot of people posting 17-20, whereas they didn't literally leave their parents home, they only went to higher institution and when there's break, they'll still be back to the same home.

I'm not saying anyone should be overly comfortable with staying in their parents home, and of course, doing nothing. If a young man is still staying with his parents by 25 simply because he's yet to finish schooling or learning whatever, and has to still depend on them fully or partially, what kind of daily bread would you ask such person to get up and go find in a society that heavily relies on certificate?

You can't call anyone lazy because they're still with their parents at 25 or even more. You should analyse their situation first, and well, probably you'd be able to provide them a solution.

The last thing I'll allow thou, is to have anyone's opinion online affect my decision in real life. People aren't paced equally smiley
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Bigfish121(m): 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
I stopped depending on my parents at the age of 25.that is the best thing to do because it actually comes with respect.anytime I come visiting I know the kind of respect I do get.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
Bigfish121:
I stopped depending on my parents at the age of 25.that is the best thing to do because it actually comes with respect.anytime I come visiting I know the kind of respect I do get.
boss good morning. I quoted you on the other thread, you didn't reply this is my WhatsApp number zero 8 1 15 two hundred 7 8 eight.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Mandela27: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
DenreleDave:

U probably left bcox of school, not that u voluntarily left ur parent house... I wunt bliv that

Except u come from the east, u left ur village to come stay with sumone in Lagos and hustle... Only that

For those that can't stand alone, don't let this guy deceive u ooo... He is just showing off here...

He left east to come stay with oga for Lagos n hustle but he is forming adult here...
who told u that u can't stand alone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Octuplets In South Africa / Husband Caught Having Sex With His Maid Just Hours After His Wife Gave Birth / I Lost My Wife (a Nairalander)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.