Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? (13777 Views)

How Do I Change My Ip To Another Country? / From Englsh To German: / Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by RuuDie(m): 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2007
A neighbour just got a desktop PC, everything seems to be okay with it but the default language is set to GERMAN, how do i correct this ?
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by proverbial: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2007
Go to the Start menu and select Control Panel.

• Double-click Regional and Language Options.

• Click the Regional Options tab and within Standards and formats, select the language that you wish.

• Click Apply and then click OK.
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by cyras: 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2007
proverbial

as for ur solution i think u are right, but if the whole write up of the operating system I s german Laguage, E.g My computer, Internet explorer is being written in german, what would be the solution is to format the harddisk and install a windows version for English. I hope this i'll help. wink
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by cyras: 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2007
proverbial

as for ur solution i think u are right, but if the whole write up of the operating system I s german Laguage, E.g My computer, Internet explorer is being written in german, what would be the solution is to format the harddisk and install a windows version for English. I hope this i'll help. wink
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2007
Thanks for your suggestion but, no, it will not help. Formatting a system is an option to be avoided at all costs.
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by cyras: 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2007
seun
Thanks for your suggestion but, no, it will not help. Formatting a system is an option to be avoided at all costs.

Then if u don't know the solution give alternative solution if u know it, Formatting a system is just erasing the content of harddisk but is not adviceable to format if u have valuable file on the drive. if u reload the OS with english version without formating u are overwriting the system files with different laguage version which will cause alot code error. so if u solution seun share it
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by Mustay(m): 3:26am On Jun 18, 2007
Proverbial is right now
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by ishmael(m): 10:56am On Jun 18, 2007
@seun
What proverbial said is right but it may not work. I have tried it before but we still ended up not getting into english language becos the OS itself was in german language. I had to reinstall the OS in english language. Cyras is right.

Seun if you have a solution better than proverbial then let us know.
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by cyras: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2007
ishmael @
                 Thanks very much ishmael to show that u too have the experience, they is no other solution than this except to reload with english version and seun if another magical way of doing this let us know.
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by RuuDie(m): 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2007
thanx everyone,

really don't think there could be any other solution apart from installing a fresh copy of the OS; tried the suggestions here but it don't work. the language setting must have been effected during installation of the OS.
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 19, 2007
my laptop came with a spanish xp preinstalled,
i installed a pirated version of xp over it.

there was some 1gb of useless data left over.

you may have a lot of deleting to do afterwards.(left over german user profile, etc, which may come up to 1 gb)

after installing, you still have to do the language thingy in the control panel.(set the keyboard layout to German)
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by cyras: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2007
RuuDie (m)
thanx everyone,
really don't think there could be any other solution apart from installing a fresh copy of the OS; tried the suggestions here but it don't work. the language setting must have been effected during installation of the OS.

Ruudie
          It seems as if u don't know the basic of Installing of Operating system once u know the basic u would't even have problem of german language at CMOS/BIOS setup at startup or u need assistance of doing this, find somebody that is good or i can fine one for u to install it. cool
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by abohrandy: 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2007
u can install the english OS without formating then gettingout the stuff u will need on anoda hard drive or flash drive. then format the system, installing the nu os in english.

how abt dat?
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by Slycks(m): 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2007
abohrandy:

u can install the english OS without formating then gettingout the stuff u will need on another hard drive or flash drive. then format the system, installing the nu os in english.

how about that?

I think this is the right thing to do .
Re: Pc Language Set To German - How Do I Change To English ? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2007
make sure you have the driver cd for the system. you will have to reinstall all your drivers after the reinstall.

(1) (Reply)

Make Your PC More Secured With These TIPS / Huawei Modem Unlock Code Calculator V3.2 (v1 + V2 + V3 Algo) / Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.