Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? (442 Views)

Lagos Government Declares A Woman Who Beat A Baby With Rod Wanted / Hushpuppi Was Married To Shawana Nakesia Chapman For St. Kitts Citizenship / Lady And Men Who Robbed A Woman In Lagos Caught & Beaten By Mob (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? by brainhgeek(m): 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hello everyone. I was watching CBS Border security with my wife and we saw as drug offenders were apprehended and sentenced by the law. She asked a question I was unable to answer. She ask that if a pregnant woman, who at the point of entry got arrested and jailed for drug lifting and she has a child while serving her time, what happens to the citizenship of the child? Would he/she be granted citizenship if the law supports citizenship by birth?
Re: Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? by Jazzafizzy(f): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
Most definitely
Re: Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? by vastolord4(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Yes.. but is that the new style?. If so, it's worth it. That child would thank his mom.. cos Nigeria Na final stage of hell
Re: Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? by etrange: 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
Please, edit your title. The grammar is dizzying me. cry
Re: Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? by brainhgeek(m): 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
etrange:
Please, edit your title. The grammar is dizzying me. cry

I gave up trying when I couldn't find the option to edit the title. I hoped a moderator would see it and be kind enough to edit for me but .....please manage grin
Re: Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? by greatbuc(m): 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
The child is still considered a beneficiary of the 14th Amendment, which grants citizenship to "all persons" born on U.S. soil, regardless of the laws broken to be born here. The United States is in the minority of countries that still grant birthright citizenship. Copied from VOANEWS
Re: Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? by etrange: 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
brainhgeek:

I gave up trying when I couldn't find the option to edit the title. I hoped a moderator would see it and be kind enough to edit for me but .....please manage grin

Lol... Ok
Re: Can A Baby Born To A Woman In A Foreign Prison Citizenship By Birth Country? by Omar09(m): 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
Head cramps. Can't process title.

(1) (Reply)

FBI Declare Six Nigerians Wanted Over $6 Million Email Compromise Scams / Daddy Freeze Defends Hushpuppi: Says, I Don't Know Him To Be A Criminial | Entv / Nigerian Lady Recounts How She Was Almost Kidnapped In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.