Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" (1778 Views)

"It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Nigerian"- Nnamdi Kanu / Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / 'It Is An Abomination For A Female To Be A President' - Nigerian Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by Uchek(m): 8:18am On Jun 27, 2020
Why should that be your problem? You should worry more about the future of your ethnic group and unborn generation?

Golan007:
They have no identity.

One minute they are Jews the next minute they are the original black men.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by nanauju(f): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2020
Everyday single day on NL politics sections, yorubas are always creating topics about the igbos..u hardly ever see igbos do that(who have that time anyways)

I don't get, do you yorubas do this out of envy or something because that is exactly the signal sent out.

Like why would I just be on own and start creating a topic about yoruba man or anybody, that definitely would be the height of joblessness and obvious envy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by Uchek(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2020
Ndigbo-obsessed but blind to the interest and future of your ethnic nationality? You spend more time vomiting verbiage on Ndigbo issue than issues that will determine the survival of your ethnic nationality.
What a waste of time, energy and intellect

First, the agitation for Biafra precedes " when power change hand" assertion. MASSOB has been in existence since the 90s.

Second, there is no correlation between the agitation of IPOB or what you term as "hate" with your so-called "but when power change hand"

Reason? The average Nigerian, regardless of his ethnicity, has never benefited from Nigerian Presidency. In a dysfunctional society like Nigeria, political position - elected or appointed - only benefits a select lucky few - the appointee , immediate family and hangers on. It does not benefit the grassroots. All we have from almost 6 decades of post-colonial self-esteem government unbridled misgovernance.If this were the case, northerners would have being enjoying the best economic condition and Ndigbo,the worst.

But the reverse is the case. All we've from almost 6 decades of post-colonial self-government is unbridled misgovernance

Only structural/institutional/systematic change benefits the large society and unborn future generations. That's why majority of Igbos represented by IPOB/Kanu are fighting for restructuring/fiscal federalism or outright separation. And that's the reason why Yorubas like Tinubu, Fashola and co. advocated for the same issues when they were in opposition.

So your hypothesis:

"When things were rosy, you were loving one Nigeria with the Hausas but when power change hand, na when you hate Nigeria"

is a false hypothesis. It is not supported by empirical evidence.

Talking about hate, how do you define hate?

Is calling for restructuring hate?
Is asking for a referendum to decide who wants to remain or quit Nigeria hate?
Is criticizing a civilian administration hate?
Is calling Nigeria a zoo hate?

What actually is your parameter of being a hater.

You need to be unambiguous with your words and concepts to make semblance of meaning.

MinorityOpinion:

When things were rosy, you were loving one Nigeria with the Hausas but when power change hand, na when you hate Nigeria. You should be ashamed!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by Golan007: 8:45am On Jun 27, 2020
Uchek:
Why should that be your problem? You should worry more about the future of your ethnic group and unborn generation?

Okeshuku are you a jew?
Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2020
nanauju:
Everyday single day on NL politics sections, yorubas are always creating topics about the igbos..u hardly ever see igbos do that(who have that time anyways)

I don't get, do you yorubas do this out of envy or something because that is exactly the signal sent out.

Like why would I just be on own and start creating a topic about yoruba man or anybody, that definitely would be the height of joblessness and obvious envy

U no get eyes see the first thread? This is a counter thread. Be careful
Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by izuswift(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2020
Get your facts right Biafra has been in existence hundreds of years ago before the sham called Nigeria came into existence.

https://www.nairaland.com/5954173/existence-biafra-before-genesis-injustice#91121628

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by MetaPhysical: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
LZAA:

Where is metaphysicalgrin

Ahh, me i dey my brother.

I dey do battle with bridge head touts in Onitsha for another social media. grin

2 Likes

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by fresh20(m): 8:58am On Jun 29, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Kanu started this, how can he call my country a nigger area? He asked for it, think for once and stop swallowing Kanu nonsense
Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by fresh20(m): 9:08am On Jun 29, 2020
A very foolish response. we as Biafrans had existed even before our leader Kanu was brought forward to exempt us from this land filled with foes and suffering in the name of "one Nigeria".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by Cherez: 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Talk about seceding again and we will send python dance 2. Nonsense and ingredient
Lol
Maybe soldiers ain't done with BH & bamdits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by Ejanla07: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
This is response to Nnamdi Kanu topic. "It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Nigerian"

Its a pity Kanu doesn't know where the name Nigeria is coined from, he said its mean "Nigger-Area". This is shame, a question primary 6 student will answer beautifully.

Kanu said and I quote

This is not right coming out of a leader of group of outlaws that considered themselves intelligent, common sense should tell them the name is gotten from the Royal Niger Company, named after a region around the river which was generally referred to as the 'Royal Niger Company Territories'. This is simple to understand but maybe due to ignorance and hatred, IPOB failed to confirm before spreading the propaganda, this lowest I've seen IPOB trying to spoil the image of Nigeria, this one backfired though.

Now we know Nigeria is a name for Royal Niger Company but where does the name Biafra come from?

I saw a definition by a Biafran, it says - "It is a Nation. The word Biafra is coined from two IGBO WORDS 'bia' which means COME and 'fara' which means LIVE."

This definition is wrong, Biafra is foreign language, it has no meaning in igbo, it was name given by slave merchant from Portugal in year 1710 when igbos don't even have sense of identity.

Its very simple to say Biafra is a foreign name, named after Bight of Biafra named after a town in southern Portugal.

Between Nigeria and Biafra - Biafra should be the abominable name and should be condemned. It has no meaning in igbo or Nigeria.

Igbo giants don chase dis one tire for dream
Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by NairaHercules(m): 8:06am On Oct 13, 2020
Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by NairaHercules(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2020
franozx:

I tell u... Maybe an igbo guy snatched d girl he trained in the university

grin

Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by Muna4real(f): 9:31am On Oct 13, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Imagine calling this beautiful woman a prostitute.

Most prostitutes are beautiful
Re: It Is An Abomination For Anyone To Call Themself A Biafran" by Muna4real(f): 9:37am On Oct 13, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

When things were rosy, you were loving one Nigeria with the Hausas but when power change hand, na when you hate Nigeria. You should be ashamed!

There was never a time when things were rosy. And there was never a time nndigbo enjoyed Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The #endsars Organizers Broke The 47th Law Of Power / What Will Happen If MNK Doesn't Appear In Court Tomorrow / Governor David Umahi : The Road To Nigeria Eldorado In 2023 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.