Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections (574 Views)

$1.2m NNPC ‘Bribe’ Used To Finance Jonathan, Buhari Elections – Bloomberg / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35 Billion On Buhari’s Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by deji17: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tinubu: I never said I spent N35bn on Buhari’s elections

Dyepkazah Shibayan
JUNE 26, 2020 6:34 PM

Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has denied saying he spent N35 billion on the elections of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015 and 2019.

A report had quoted Tinubu as expressing regrets that he spent heavily on the president.

The report said while having a discussion with Bisi Akande, former interim chairman of the APC, on the dissolution of the national working committee of the ruling party, Tinubu accused the president of betraying him.

But in a statement Tunde Rahman, his spokesman, issued on his behalf, the APC national leader dismissed the claims.

“The authors of the libelous report claimed Asiwaju made the allegation in a discussion with former APC Interim Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande,” the statement read.

“Firstly, no one person elected President Buhari. He was elected by the generality of Nigerian electorate. Asiwaju Tinubu would not arrogate you himself the commendable decision taken by the people. Also, that outlandish claim only existed in the imagination of the authors of the story.

“Asiwaju rooted for President Buhari’s election and in 2015 and re-election in 2019 along with other right-thinking political leaders and teeming members of APC and Nigerians across the country.

“He has no reason to regret the rightful decision or describe President Buhari as ‘ungrateful’. He remains steadfast in his support for the president and the programmes and policies of his administration as he has always been.

“Nothing has occurred to warrant any change of heart.”

The statement said since reference was made to how Akinwunmi Ambode, a former governor of Lagos, could not secure another term, it is possible that those behind the report “betrayed where they came from”.

“The report linked recent developments in APC to the fate suffered by former Governor Akinwunmi Ambode in the 2019 governorship race in Lagos State, perhaps betraying where the authors were coming from,” the statement read.

“Asiwaju has put the events of 2019 behind him. He has moved on. Indeed, Lagos has moved on. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu is providing good, purposeful and responsible leadership. Lagosian are enjoying the fruits of good governance under the able and dynamic governor Sanwo-Olu.

“Asiwaju and governor Sanwo-Olu have the best of relationships, contrary to the impression the report sought to create.”

https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-i-never-said-i-spent-n35bn-on-buharis-elections/amp

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by RedPhoenix: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tales of a bitter regretful action

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Hezzyluv: 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
Which ever way, sombody said u're an internally displaced politiciangrin

What a superbly superb savagely savage.grin

The God of GEJ is wonderful

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
Fear fear man thiefunibu. He knows Buhari will soon come for him with EFCC to get back some of his loot in Lagos state. That time will soon come to return all that you have looted from Lagos

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
I see this Tinubu man going to jail very soon, you sold your soul to the (Donkeys) Northerners, I don't think any Southerners will support you and this Chimpanzee looking Oshiomole
Buhari and the Northerners used both of you and dumped you like Trash

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Goldenkrezi: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
Who cares abt wat u say anymore...
You dey talk rubbish because Dem don sideline u grin grin
Just go back to ur cave and don't ever again think of coming out for election in 2023...

If not ehnnn...I krezi will comment my reserve here grin cool
Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by SmartProf(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
You aren't that petty Sir. I'll advise you ignore the beer parlour bloggers. They think you are daft like the MURIC man
Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by deji17: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
Person wey get body say him no get headache, but una come dey use Panadol on his behalf. Which kind life una come so?
Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by emaxjey(m): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
cheesy

Oya the movie is getting interesting.. counter episode in the series coming from the jagaban himself ..

Who knows, by you can't deny the fact that you didn't spend at all.. tongue
Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Captainrambo2: 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Asiwaju dont leave me

Dont leave me !!!!!!

grin grin cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Endlesspeace(f): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
This alone may garner Buhari more supporters.
Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Asgard13: 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tinubu talk am.... His people get loud mouth...

They talk and forget

Yoruba worship this thief as god and savior...

Now their god is caught lying grin

Tinubu and lie na 5&6

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by iluvdonjazzy: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
I knew it was fake news.
Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Fox12(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
One of the problem of Nigeria speaking in tongues.
This guy is to richer than Bill Gate. grin
Asiwaju Bola omo Tinubu
Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Gandollaar(f): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Whatever internally displaced people bother to deny is true.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by XXLMANDIGO: 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
I didn't take the original news serious but this rebuttal has confirmed he actually made the Call and was crying of his wasted 35Billion. O ma se o... angry

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by mystery22: 8:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
grin Ewedus sabi fear oo, grin little thing idp jagagaban deny himself,his soul,his life,his tribe..never trust a yarriba man..see the way they denied sowore sharply when he was jailed..killed abiola there brother,ambode disappeared ...afonjas for once in your pathetic lives stand your ground and stop being a coward.. Emir is already settling disputes among the Hausa and Fulani in Lagos,imagine what will happen in the next 20years..
Edo is not Lagos..

Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by helinues: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tinubu should have ignored those 5% inconsequential...

They can only bark but can't bite
Re: Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35bn On Buhari’s Elections by Mynd44: 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2020

(1)

Iran Issues Arrest Warrant For Trump Over The Murder Of A Top Iranian General / You Are Treacherous- Enojies Of Esan Land To Oshiomhole And Ize-iyamu / Inner Galaxy Group. A Chinese Modern Day Slave Camp, Right Inside Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.