Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,792 members, 7,798,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? (31180 Views)

How To Deal With An Overbearing Mother Inlaw / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! / How Do You Cope With Gossip Housewives As Neigbhours Being A Bachelor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by truthhurts2: 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
petitejolie:
it’s better to be practical about it. Now she knows this is who he is can she cope with it or not.
Yeah, only if she knows doing good for selfish reasons doesn't make you good, it just makes you good at being selfish.

I had also had my fair share, not until I cleared her out recently that I knew what peace of mind really is and how bad not to have one
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by Perfection10(m): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
good advice
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by Perfection10(m): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
Munzy14:

For a man to be overbearing in a relationship, it speaks volume of how the lady assumes/takes things seriously. From this narrative he seems to be one of the few who really believe their is time for everything.

As far as he isn't possessive you've got yourself who can push you if you are lackadaisical towards serious issues.

You also have someone who can push u to achieve beyond.

Now what you need is to understand each other very well by firstly; Check his DOB and Yours Trace your zodiacs, read up very well to understand your compatibility.

Take advantage of your Lovy-dovy moments and have a heart to heart talk with him.

Also, find way to let him study your zodiacs and understand you as well.

It is not easy, but u rather be with that man that pushes/encourages you. Rather than the one that swallows all your excesses hook, line and sinker(simp).

good advice
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by petitejolie(f): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
truthhurts2:
Yeah, only if she knows doing good for selfish reasons doesn't make you good, it just makes you good at being selfish.

I had also had my fair share, not until I cleared her out recently that I knew what peace of mind really is and how bad not to have one
really. An overbearing woman right? Gist me
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by truthhurts2: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
petitejolie:
really. An overbearing woman right? Gist me
that one nah long thing oo, na seasonal film wey get part 1,2&3...smile Anyway sha, you can add me up and let's meet on WhatsApp... 08065742633
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by extremelygolden: 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Run go where. . Relationship wey the man suffer toast am ? Or which one ? . They die there

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by tomdon(m): 2:43am On Jun 28, 2020
LordKO:
It's obvious that he's a domineering/egomaniac man - not a possessive man. One thing people who possess these two different personalities share in common is their penchant for subjugation - a domineering person is as toxic as a possessive person.

If you value your liberty above other things, and abhor thuggery, walk away from the relationship. However, if you don't mind taking to thuggery or kowtowing, stay put with him.

Don't mistake a domineering/egomaniac (overbearing) man for a dominant man - the former personifies toxicity while the latter personifies stability.

Why must a man be dominant??
You don't have to dominate to be a man
It is that faulty quest to be dominant that makes you domineering and unable to survive with able females.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by David160(m): 3:56am On Jun 28, 2020
Alwaysachick:
Good evening ladies in the house,

I have a friend he is every good thing but overbearing. He kept that part till we started dating. I don't have issues with a man wanting to be a man but when he does it to the extent your opinions don't count again and if you do otherwise even when you are right, it gets him angry. Shouldn't it be a thing of concern?

I've been feeding his ego but I think its getting out of hand. The relationship is getting serious but my fears have started building and im beginning to ask myself if I can cope??

Please help a sister, what can I do to stop this? Married women in the house with husbands with such traits how do you cope?

Should have have learnt from my parents but my father is the exact opposite and with my observations, his dad is also overbearing his sisters at always complaining.
don't marry that man
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 28, 2020
peacettw:
Sweetie, most men if not all are overbearing and that is the honest truth. The trick is to find a balance, most do, others dont.
You sound smart, so believe me when I say that you will find a way, just like every other women have. As long as he isn't abusive, you will learn to work his buttons over time.
And remember, you have tons of other places to assert yourself like the work place, church, etc. So don't worry about losing your essence completely. Just be certain he respects you well enough and isn't abusive.

Omo you’re a disgusting person o
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by truthhurts2: 8:05am On Jun 28, 2020
Evaberry:

[/color]Para mode activated grin [color=#990000]
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by peacettw: 8:22am On Jun 28, 2020
Evaberry:

And you my dear need a reality check cos your ignorance may just be more alarming than your apparent stupidity
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2020
peacettw:

And you my dear need a reality check cos your ignorance may just be more alarming than your apparent stupidity
You’re broke so I understand your frustration. It’s not easy being broke in Nigeria, may the God you serve listen to you and heal you.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by Xisnin(m): 8:45am On Jun 28, 2020
xendra:
you are comparing how a man treats his woman to how another treats his dog, yet say it's not bad, Tells alot about the kind of person you are.
The bold says a lot about your intellectual capacity.
It would have been smarter to ignore a comment that you can't understand.

But I do understand, like I conditioned my NL dog to follow me grin and he came running.

Ebenezer2o2o how are you? cheesy cheesy
Who cares?
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by peacettw: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Evaberry:

You’re broke so I understand your frustration. It’s not easy being broke in Nigeria, may the God you serve listen to you and heal you.

Amen dear. We need all the help that God can provide.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by LordKO(m): 8:50am On Jun 28, 2020
tomdon:

Why must a man be dominant??
You don't have to dominate to be a man
It is that faulty quest to be dominant that makes you domineering and unable to survive with able females.

Stop sounding like a wannabe libertarian. A ship doesn't sail itself; to be dominant is to be in charge - and dominance is epicene. Liberty without decorum is a disease. People don't become dominant because they've quest to dominate others - dominance, in this regard, is about positive influence, so it isn't the same thing as subjugation.

He/she who's the most conscientious person in any sane interpersonal setting always automatically becomes the dominant person in that setting directly or indirectly, and others who're sane usually fall in line with him/her voluntarily.

Dominance doesn't breed domineeringness. A principled man or woman always radiates dominance, while a self-centred man or woman always radiates domineeringness, so neither equate a principled person to a self-centered person nor mix-up dominance with domineeringness. Domineeringness personifies toxicity, while dominance personifies decorum/stability.

At the risk of sounding immodest, as a man who has always had the best of/most able women voluntarily walking and working with me on my philosophy anywhere I go, I say avoid sounding like a wannabe libertarian henceforth. Your weak posit shows that you don't know or have what it takes to walk the walk without being hurt and without being the direct reason someone will feel hurt. Some of you like to argue unnecessarily, anyway that's the hallmark of mental parochial people.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by tomdon(m): 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
LordKO:

Stop sounding like a wannabe libertarian. A ship doesn't sail itself; to be dominant is to be in charge - and dominance is epicene. Liberty without decorum is a disease. People don't become dominant because they've quest to dominate others - dominance, in this regard, is about positive influence, so it isn't the same thing as subjugation.

He/she who's the most conscientious person in any sane interpersonal setting always automatically becomes the dominant person in that setting directly or indirectly, and others who're sane usually fall in line with him/her voluntarily.

Dominance doesn't breed domineeringness. A principled man or woman always radiates dominance, while a self-centred man or woman always radiates domineeringness, so neither equate a principled person to a self-centered person nor mix-up dominance with domineeringness. Domineeringness personifies toxicity, while dominance personifies decorum/stability.

At the risk of sounding immodest, as a man who has always had the best of/most able women voluntarily walking and working with me on my philosophy anywhere I go, I say avoid sounding like a wannabe libertarian henceforth. Your weak posit shows that you don't know or have what it takes to walk the walk without being hurt and without being the direct reason someone will feel hurt. Some of you like to argue unnecessarily, anyway that's the hallmark of mental parochial people.

You don't necessarily have to cast aspersions before driving home your point.
You actually changed the meat of your arguement by including your character to include Male and female alike which was the point I tried nailing in my previous response, how dominating your female counterpart just cos they are female is not the best.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by LordKO(m): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
tomdon:

You don't necessarily have to cast aspersions before driving home your point.
You actually changed the meat of your arguement by including your character to include Male and female alike which was the point I tried nailing in my previous response, how dominating your female counterpart just cos they are female is not the best.

Take your victim mentality elsewhere. My contribution didn't warrant argument, so I didn't change "the meat of my argument." As a matter of fact, I expressed my libertarian and egalitarian positions in the second paragraph of that post but you wittingly or unwittingly ignored it, as an obvious conceited and pseudo-libertarian person you're. So, I should be the one to say, don't cast aspersions on my person or anyone else next time. If you don't understand something ask question rather than resorting to derision.

Go and sin no more OK.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
"meat of your argument" grin grin

Is it saaki or ponmo? grin

Wetin person no go read for Nl nitori olorun? grin grin

Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by LordKO(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ariza:
"meat of your argument" grin grin

Is it saaki or ponmo? grin

Wetin person no go read for Nl nitori olorun? grin grin

Trouble maker! How de Sunday de go?
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
LordKO:

Trouble maker! How de Sunday de go?
Lol.. my stomach don dey ache from laughing so hard. grin grin . please next time no dey change the meat of your argument anyhow again. grin

Well Sunday dey go jare, if not for the online sermon I listened to, today would have been like just any other day here. So amazing how a virus can change so many things. Lol how's your side? How's everything?
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by LordKO(m): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ariza:
Lol.. my stomach don dey ache from laughing so hard. grin grin . please next time no dey change the meat of your argument anyhow again. grin

Well Sunday dey go jare, if not for the online sermon I listened to, today would have been like just any other day here. So amazing how a virus can change so many things. Lol how's your side? How's everything?

Dis one wey be say you listened to online sermon, I hope say you give offering. No go use church money go buy Brazilian hair wigs.

I de fine.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
LordKO:

Dis one wey be say you listened to online sermon, I hope say you give offering. No go use church money go buy Brazilian hair wigs.

I de fine.

Lol if person wan pay offering, person fit pay am online,me I no just pay ni,make God forgive person. lipsrsealed

Good to know.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by tomdon(m): 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
LordKO:

Take your victim mentality elsewhere. My contribution didn't warrant argument, so I didn't change "the meat of my argument." As a matter of fact, I expressed my libertarian and egalitarian positions in the second paragraph of that post but you wittingly or unwittingly ignored it, as an obvious conceited and pseudo-libertarian person you're. So, I should be the one to say, don't cast aspersions on my person or anyone else next time. If you don't understand something ask question rather than resorting to derision.

Go and sin no more OK.

You accuse someone of claiming victim but you're still claiming that same status. I'm not dragging it with you. You can make your point or corrections without rancor. Strive to be open minded.

And try to be sure of words before using them, what exactly in my previous comments portends derision??
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by TheM0nster: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
[s]
xendra:
OP if you refuse to listen to this because of desperation then OYO is ya case.

"Admin hide my identity " will not be far from you.
[/s]
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With An Overbearing Man??? by TheM0nster: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
[s]
xendra:
Hahahahaha
... RUN! he is one of those jerks who will rather be nothing if everything they need to excel is in the hands of a woman. unless you are or want to be a woman with no identity. most Times such men don't even have their shit together yet wouldn't take Jack, and long term they'll end up ruining your life along with theirs. girl Run!!
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. / Welcome Your Crush On This Section To This New Month Of December 2014. / 7 Tricks Ladies Use To Get What They Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.