Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup (32672 Views)

What Type Of Peppersoup Is Your Favourite? (pictures) / Peppersoup: Goatmeat Or Catfish? / See the Catfish Peppersoup I Got For #1800 This Evening. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2020
I've always wanted to know how to cook pepper soup. It's the only thing I love taking that I can't cook. And I really don't like eating out.

But I'm not sure I want yams in my pepper soup.

Just something to sip to chase away Covid-19.
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 8:00am On Jun 27, 2020
DonX001:

Does this your method of making peppersoup apply to goat meat peppersoup as well?

It applies to all.

TripleOh7:
I've always wanted to know how to cook pepper soup. It's the only thing I love taking that I can't cook. And I really don't like eating out.

But I'm not sure I want yams in my pepper soup.

Just something to sip to chase away Covid-19.

You can take out the yam if you want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

It applies to all.

You can take out the yam if you want.

Does the yam give it a flavour or can it be cooked without the yam?
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2020
TripleOh7:

Does the yam give it a flavour or can it be cooked without the yam?

Of course the yam will alter the taste a bit, same with if you drop unripe plantain it. They will both influence each other. I also cook plain ones and eat with rice, but when I want to eat with yam, I rather boil in the pepper soup. It can be cooked alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Tallesty1(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Very good for this cold weather. grin grin
But not good for this dry Covid-19 empty wallets and back pockets grin

I don't like yams unless roasted.

Wait first? So normal people use alligator peppers?

I thought it was meant for native doctors/herbalists/fortune tellers etc? gringrin

Well, it's a chicken pepper soup and the gods like chicken so it was just okay that you invited them. gringrin

I don't know what that Ehuru means even with the picture. I possibly haven't seen it before

So if I am giving this a shot, yam and Ehuru won't be part of it.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Vulcanheph(m): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2020
Op .....it seems like you have a Knack for Cooking and i like the way you carefully listed and explained everything, kudos ....... you should have your own Cookin/Food Blog Strictly for Nigerian Delicacies

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by flyingpig: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Pic 1: Seasoned chicken ready for cooking. Your water should be on the same level with the chicken.
Pic 2: Pepper, dry prawn and onion.
Pic 3: Yam. I diced it.
Pic 4: Yam in the boiling “broth”. You can increase water if you want.

Yam and meat pepper soup?

Thought it was gonna be just meat or chicken pepper soup?

I've not had or tasted the former before
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 8:12am On Jun 27, 2020
Tallesty1:
But not good for this dry Covid-19 empty wallets and back pockets grin

I don't like yams unless roasted.

Wait first? So normal people use alligator peppers?

I thought it was meant for native doctors/herbalists/fortune tellers etc? gringrin

Well, it's a chicken pepper soup and the gods like chicken so it was just okay that you invited them. gringrin I don't know what that Ehuru means even with the picture. I possibly haven't seen it before

So if I am giving this a shot, yam and Ehuru won't be part of it.

I don’t like roasted yam, though I have eaten it a few times. Lol, you just said the first thing my friend said @alligator pepper. Why would you guys even reason such?

Ehuru is African nutmeg or whatever. Just ask people who sell pepper soup spices and they will give you all. It takes the taste to the next level.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 8:13am On Jun 27, 2020
flyingpig:

Yam and meat pepper soup?

Thought it was gonna be just meat or chicken pepper soup?

I've not had or tasted the former before

Really? You have never eaten yam in pepper soup before? Wow! You are missing. grin

Anyway, delete the yam and you have just pepper soup. Think of yam as the “side”.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Ezmans: 8:14am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Very good for this cold weather. grin grin
with fresh palm wine
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by flyingpig: 8:16am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Really? You have never eaten yam in pepper soup before? Wow! You are missing. grin

Anyway, delete the yam and you have just pepper soup. Think of yam as the “side”.

In my mind I had already added chick to the sidegrin

Alright
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2020
adecz:

undecided

All this processes for pepper soup?
Looks more like yam porridge .

Yam together with pepper soup is
strictly an Igbo thing.

It can never be a yam porridge, it is yam and pepper soup. The choice to take out the yam is yours.

Ezmans:
with fresh palm wine

For people that drink all that one. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Sososo(f): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2020
Chicken peppersoup pepperuuzi on point
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 27, 2020
kalvoken:

My dear, though I don't know you, but with this picture of your hand, I know you are hot.

I am sure that prawn you are holding is already cumming too, imagine you touching a man. Hmmm.

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 8:29am On Jun 27, 2020
Offpoint:
It's been long I ate pepper soup... God me save from the spirit of fufu.

Out of the village, but village no wan comot my body.
Fufu in the morning
Fufu in the afternoon
Fufu in the evening..
Rice only on Sundays
Me trying to leave village life, village life dragging me like

It is not village life, I also love swallow a lot. I eat it anywhere and you will hardly find me ordering rice at a restaurant, it is an aberration for me to do that. My dear, you are not alone, we are in this village life together.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

It is not village life, I also love swallow a lot. I eat it anywhere and you will hardly find me ordering rice at a restaurant, it is an aberration for me to do that. My dear, you are not alone, we are in this village life together.
Fufu wey no get weight
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 8:33am On Jun 27, 2020
Plead:

Fufu wey no get weight

Fufu doesn’t have weight? Which one has weight? grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Of course the yam will alter the taste a bit, same with if you drop unripe plantain it. They will both influence each other. I also cook plain ones and eat with rice, but when I want to eat with yam, I rather boil in the pepper soup. It can be cooked alone.

Oh, okay. Thanks.
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by FuckloveJnr: 8:45am On Jun 27, 2020
I will show this recipe to my wife. We will prepare it today cool

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by showafrica(m): 8:45am On Jun 27, 2020
J111333:
Chai, see pepper soup. cry

Pocohantas I love you inugo not because of the food oo before you think say na food I wan beg but ehm, please send me your address mek I come preach the lord's good news to you. grin grin

While others dey look peppe soup u dey look palms. I know say u go don imagine many ways the palm can grab vitamin D and swallow.
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Romangalactic(m): 8:53am On Jun 27, 2020
Poco Poco grin
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Ygrette(f): 8:55am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Pic : Ehuru (1), Alligator pepper (2) Uda (3) Uziza seed (4)

Pic 2: Dry prawn
Pic 3: Dry ginger
Pic 4: Nchanwu (1) and uziza (2)

Let's see your face noow. Your fresh palm is enticing. Lol. This is the second time seeing it. First was on your "jollof rice" thread though I just passed by.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Offpoint: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol, in that case dear...
let's sit on this village bench and enjoy our hot fufu with hot Egusi soup in this our village joint...

We only have one life to life.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2020
Ygrette:

Let's see your face noow. Your fresh palm is enticing. Lol. This is the second time seeing it. First was on your "jollof rice" thread though I just passed by.

Lol. Thanks nne. I thought that is how most palms are, I guess I was wrong. cheesy
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2020
I do this everytime.

In fact neighbors shout when they perceive the scent from the cooking pot.

Chicken peppersoup.
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Anchor535(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2020
Please keep it up...learning a lot from all your post. Straight to the point. Nice one.
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by pocohantas(f): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2020
RonaldoVido:
I do this everytime.

In fact neighbors shout when they perceive the scent from the cooking pot.

Chicken peppersoup.

Lol. Calm down na. So funny!!

Anchor535:
Please keep it up...learning a lot from all your post. Straight to the point. Nice one.

You are most welcome... smiley
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by TRUEBLOOD59(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2020
Op change ur heading to "How to make homemade snake peppersoup".
I swear u and lala go turn 5 &6

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 27, 2020
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by RexTramadol1: 9:17am On Jun 27, 2020
Na dat yam spoil am
Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Tallesty1(m): 9:27am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t like roasted yam, though I have eaten it a few times. Lol, you just said the first thing my friend said @alligator pepper. Why would you guys even reason such?

Ehuru is African nutmeg or whatever. Just ask people who sell pepper soup spices and they will give you all. It takes the taste to the next level.
Growing up in the village, Nollywood etc grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup by Ishilove: 9:34am On Jun 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Wife material, 50 yards cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Make Peppered Pomo With Plantain- Easy Steps (Photos & Video) / Harzoyka Restaurant Apologises To Aisha Salaudeen For Gender Discrimination / Giant Rat Peppersoup(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.