Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

His Neighbor's Wife - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Neighbor's Wife (296607 Views)

My New Neighbor’s Wife By Naijassador .....update 1 / My Neighbor's Girlfriend / Sexcapade With Neighbor's Daughters. 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Stanleyafam(m): 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
I want more an amazing story this is

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by fataisulaiman: 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
centmanuel:

Please get off my back. You don't just talk to people you don't know. I m only advocating for her to be free

So wishing for someone's death is your own interpretation of advocacy, right?

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
Counter24:
Happy Sunday guys....
OP, I noticed something oo and u don't know if you unknowingly skipped it or I didn't see it but "I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MORGAN'S FIRST CHILD WITH HIS FIRST WIFE" !!!!

Pls explain let me get it better
what happened to his first wife was explained in earlier chapters grin grin. as for his daughter... the story still dey come
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2020
Chapter 18

“You told them I am incompetent!”

The rusted gate’s upper hinges broke off and the gate angled downward as Akwaugo pushed her way into the compound, jouncing the baby tied to her back. Outraged. Blinded by hot tears. She kicked on a pile of cartons, sending them crumbling.

“What is wrong with you woman? Have you lost you eyes alongside your mind?” Mezie stood from where he was and started gathering his wares. Akwaugo lurched towards him, slapped them off his hands. He jolted. Reached for her arm but she slipped out from his grip, rushed towards the cartons- kicking. Crushing. Stomping. Mumbling.

Mezie grabbed her from behind, shoved her to the side and went to salvage what was left, she charged again- pushed him as he hunched.

Madness has its bright side- people either pays attention to you or leave you alone. That morning she had lost another opportunity- a job she had sacrificed so much to secure.

“Sorry ma’am…we can not employ you here” the Matron had apologized. As if it would wipe the effect of the news away.

“Why?”

Three months she had attended classes- immediately she picked the employment form. Had read, crammed where she couldn’t understand. Took the test. Sense of frustration took over where rage was, she plodded towards the Ube tree, untied the wailing baby and flopped on the foot of the tree. Embosomed the baby, she let out a deafening wail.

Eyes rested on the man scampering all over- gathering his wares and cursing under his breath. He would have as well beating her to death, that was how she felt. She remembered when the letter came, instructing her to bring a referee- she had gotten the job! She was finally going to be a nurse!
She had wanted more than nothing, to share the news with someone, one name had come to mind- Morgan. She had been thinking about him often- and her baby made it even more impossible, for her eyes reminded her of him.

“We got a ‘not so nice’ report about you…from your husband actually” the Matron had continued “I don’t know what is going on in your home but your husband tagged you thief and a…a loose woman who would not concentrate on the job. You know this is a service to humanity and you will be seen as a role model to young women and children…” Akwaugo heard nothing else than the siren screaming in her head. The office had darkened and her vision blurred.

How did he know about the job? Nwamaka! Akwaugo had told her- begged her to be her referee.

“What of your husband? He is supposed to do this for you not me”

“As if you don’t know what will come out of it, Mezie would never allow it”

“Then why are you going for the job?”

“You where the person that suggested this job last year to me?” she had narrowed her gaze on Nwamaka “Or you think I can’t do it?”

“No o…I am only concerned about what Mezie will do if he finds out…and your baby”

“Olaedo is four months now, she will be fine going with me to work. And leave Mezie to me”

Akwaugo clutched her baby to her chest, rocking back and forth, wetting the baby’s shawl with her tears. Nwamaka sold her out- there was no better explanation, but why?

“I can see your madness has gotten lose” Mezie glared. pointed at her “You are lucky I am not in the mood for your drama…”

“they said I am a thief…a prostitute…you told them!” her voice trembled

“Is that not what you are? How do one explain all the money you have been spending since you came back from the hospital…where did you get them from?”

That was his problem- the money she was spending. Looking good. Feeding the baby fat like he called it few days ago. He was jealous.

“You never lost your money…” she got to her feet. Balancing the wining baby on her elbow “You have never caught me with any man…except the man you sent me to meet!” stepped closer. Eyes flared “all these years…all these years I have believed your lies…waited…prayed for you to get better and figure out solutions…”

He recognized rage when he saw it, for he stepped back. Run coward run! Like you always did when your pathetic limb manhood is mentioned. She closed the gap between them. “What did I ever do to you Mezie? Why do you hate me so much?”

“You owe me so much…” he moved again

She followed, with the baby crying loudly “How much! I will do anything to get away from you!”

“Your entire life can not pay for all I did for you, I lost everything because of your ill luck! What have you brought to me aside pain?”

“A child!” she pushed the baby to his chest.

“Gotten from your waywardness. You slept with another man and brought his bastard for me to raise” he pushed the baby back to her as if he would catch a disease holding her.

She heaved. Shook her head. Wiped her face roughly “I will surprise you Mezie…you have hurt me. Called my child a bastard a thousand times…you will not believe what I will do”

He squinted “What are you planning to do?” he followed her as she hurried into the house “Don’t you even try to toll that line…you will lose!” he shouted behind her “Arusi Okija is not like Edo…you will drop dead before you even think of opening your mouth”

“If that Arusi is as stupid as you are, he should as well start striking me dead now” she shut her door.

“What trouble has sunk its fang in your heart my daughter?”

Seated in front of her father’s obi, eyes shot. Akwaugo was oblivion of anything happening around her until her mother settled on the space beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She slowly turned- started hard at her mother. when was the last time she set her eyes on this woman?

“Its been eight years mama” she whispered

“You said your husband wouldn’t allow a visit” his mother straightened on the bench “I didn’t want to put you in trouble.”
Just like that? Without even trying. Akwaugo bit her lips and turned her face away. She was angry at everyone- her father for even agreeing to give her out to Mezie, her mother for not doing anything…Mezie? She swallowed the lump in her throat. Why did it take her so long to realize? I was so stupid! She shook her head.

Morgan? Yes Morgan. She felt like clawing his face and biting off that chiseled nose of his. Why didn’t he force her to come with him? He should have pressed harder! Akwaugo shook off the tears that has welled in her eyes. Four months and he didn’t care to look for her- for his daughter! Only sending that woman, “he wants to know if the baby needs anything…he wants to know this…he wants to know that…” no single concern for her- the woman who bore him a son! She wished she had gotten the job, so she could stop collecting his money.

“Since you don’t want to tell me why you ran out of your husband’s house in the middle of the night, I think you should be thinking of going back” her mother cracked her knuckles. “its been four days and people has started talking. You know your father and I…”

“I am not going back” Akwaugo blurted

Jaw dropped; her mother stared at her for a while “You don’t mean that…what about the baby? She needs her father!”

“She doesn’t need Mezie- he calls her a Bastard”

“So I hear” her mother’s face burrows with worry “What I don’t understand is why? Both of you waited for seven years for this child, we thought her birth would have changed everything for you…what happened?”

She opened her mouth and told all. The warning. Oath sworn to secrecy thrown to the wind.

If Okija was wise and just, it should know she had tried…she had served her punishment under her husband, the deity should as well send thunder and brimstone.

Lagos

“hello…”

Morgan adjusted his air pod, rubbed his tired eyes and returned them to his laptop screen. Lips stretched in a satisfactory smile. he had done it again- he had proved he earned the name ‘the fox’…master strategist. He could now sit back and watch the drama between the Bank and DSS- which ever way it went, it would be a win for him.

“Hello…” the muffled voice from the other end made him sat straight.

“Morgan”

She was whispering. His heart raced. What could prompt her to call at that time of the night?

“Akwam…” he heard her sobbed…sniffled “Akwa what is wrong? How is Ola?”

“Morgan…Ola is fine…” her broken voice replied

“Then why are you calling?”

“My husband…”

His heart sank. He knew it must be her husband…what did he want from her this time? Money? Favor? She had always done things for that man, staking her life. the more he though of it the more he felt used.

Why was it that he could be the one she ran to when shits went wrong? When her husband needed a child, land, her husband’s business.

“…I can’t stay with him anymore”

He was speechless for a while; she couldn’t stay with her husband…what did that mean? She was talking so fast “Akwa…Akwam…” he said calmly.

What do you want Akwam?” she needed to say it…tell him what she wanted

“I…I want to take my daughter to a safe place…he calls her bastard”

Her last statement drove a knife into his heart. His clasped and unclasped his fist. How dare he?

“Where are you now?”

“Na be nnam. At my father’s house”

“Good…I want you to do something for me…can you hold on for me for a day or two?”

“Okay”

“Can you do that for me Akwa m?”

“Yes”

Father’s Day would come early for him…he couldn’t wait to hold his daughter. Was it only because Olaedo? Or was his heart beating faster for the woman he had tried without success to forget?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Excel1405(f): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2020
Great work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Cecegracen: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Beautiful. More grace

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Samamerc(f): 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
Nice one dear.

Thanks for the wonderful update

3 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Adeola25(f): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mezie nah yeye man. Hope nothing happens before the next two days. Thanks for the update ma'am

3 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Khriztarl(f): 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
Akwam want to leave mezie? Hmm, sense creeping in. Common sense very far.

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by tijehi(f): 5:06am On Aug 10, 2020
Akwa finally grew sense.....and I hope she is not using Nwamaka's phone to make that call o.

Nice episode. Well done Rosemary

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2020
good thing she wants to leave that Meize of a man. but to think running into the arms of Morgan would bring her the peace she deserves is very far from wrong, am sorry oo cos, Madonna is gonna tear her into shreds.
it's women fighting for territory!
Rosemary33 thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ann2012(f): 8:21am On Aug 10, 2020
Leaving Mezie is a good step, well done Akwam...
I pray nothing bad happens before Morgan comes....
Nwamaka can have Mezie for as long as she wants, they both fit each other

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by skubido(m): 8:27am On Aug 10, 2020
Weldon op
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Gloriagee(f): 9:29am On Aug 10, 2020
Nwamaka doesnt want Mezie... she just doesnt want Akwa happier than her

Ann2012:
Leaving Mezie is a good step, well done Akwam...
I pray nothing bad happens before Morgan comes....
Nwamaka can have Mezie for as long as she wants, they both fit each other

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by royalguy123(m): 10:39am On Aug 10, 2020
This last episode is the real deal more grease to your elbow Rosy33 I duff my hat you're a talent!!!!!!
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ann2012(f): 11:53am On Aug 10, 2020
Gloriagee:
Nwamaka doesnt want Mezie... she just doesnt want Akwa happier than her

I know she doesn't want him, but I still want to dash her grin

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nwiboko26(f): 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
I can't wait to see see akwam and morgan together

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Wow ,a lovely story.l had to come out and comment on it.
Thank you very much ma

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ayemileto(m): 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
Great work Rosemary33.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by duruZed(m): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
A very well cooked story that got me glued to my phone, always checking for update. But my fellow readers/Nairalanders, is it possible for a man/woman to allow his wife/husband to conjugal with another man/woman for the sake of getting a child or gratification.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by eROCK247(m): 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
xaviercasmir:
Wow another breath taking one. This is the height of egotistical tendency displayed by Mezie.
Nwamaka and her gold digger rotten self will know no peace angry
Thanks ma'am for the update

What'd Nwamaka do? She's just a hustler trying to survive.

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by xaviercasmir(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
eROCK247:

What'd Nwamaka do? She's just a hustler trying to survive.
To the detriment of her friendship with Akwa?? I bet if Morgan is poor, she will not look at him twice Anyway I got your point bro

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by eazykolobo(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
duruZed:
A very well cooked story that got me glued to my phone, always checking for update. But my fellow readers/Nairalanders, is it possible for a man/woman to allow his wife/husband to conjugal with another man/woman for the sake of getting a child or gratification.
it's very much possible ooo..... dere is nothing someone that's desperate for a child can't do. if some pple could stoop so low to buying child, so u wanto tell me some pple won't allow their wife to be gotten pregnant by someone else. peace
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by tchidi066(f): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Best update so far, i see Mezie being miserable in the future...
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Gloriagee(f): 7:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
grin chop knuckle

Ann2012:

I know she doesn't want him, but I still want to dash her grin

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
I said it earlier that Mezie will hang himself. Morgan please come take her away

weldone job op
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by eazykolobo(m): 10:56am On Aug 11, 2020
Patiently waiting for the unfold of the next series of events. Tnkx for the constant update Rose.
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by duruZed(m): 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
eazykolobo:
it's very much possible ooo..... dere is nothing someone that's desperate for a child can't do. if some pple could stoop so low to buying child, so u wanto tell me some pple won't allow their wife to be gotten pregnant by someone else. peace
i better remain childless and will rather adopt than allow another man bash my wife
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2020
Chapter 19

“We cannot sit here and listen to a raging woman rant lies against me!” eyes widened, teeth bare, spittle gathered by the corner of his mouth. Mezie has gone mad! Yes, he was the mad one. “we are men! We have our sense of judgement!” his frail figure shook like a dry leave in Harmattan, eyes darting from one elder to another, seeking support “My wife is lying against me and all of you sit here like castrated men!”

His last statement drew a mocking guffaw from Okorie who was busy drinking cup after cup of nkwu-enu, smacking his lips and shaking his head happily as if it was a new yam festival. “He calls us castrated while he is the one without manhood” he guffawed again and Mazie gave him a dirty glance.

Akwaugo stood. Hands clasped behind her; face straightened. She would not go back now, not even the evil eyes Mezie kept giving her and his rage would make her stop. Thanks to her mother who had arranged for the meeting with the elders against her father’s will.

“My daughter will not be shamed! That mad man you gave my daughter to had disgraced her enough! Accused her of infidelity while he was the one that committed an abomination!”

Akwaugo heard her parents arguing the night of the day she told her mother the secret that sagged her spirit.

“She is not a child now, she should go home and settle this with her husband! Everybody in this village has already gossiped about my family enough, going to the Umunna with this abominable story will raise more scandal, I am a catechist, I don’t want this dent on my name!”

“Catechist gbakwa oku! Papa Akwaugo do you hear me? Let fire gut that your name and the church!”

She had her ears against the adjoined door that separated her room with that of her father. She heard everything. Papa! It has always been about his name and what the church would say…

“If she exposes this secret to the whole village, what next? She would come back with that child Okwa ya? Who will come for her hand in marriage again? They will call her scarlet woman, or even a sacrifice to different deities, since Mezie had already soiled her…invoking strange deities into her, let him live with her as his cross!”

“Papa Akwaugo you are pathetic! Sometimes I wonder if you have balls between your legs”

Her mother had stomped out on her father, left with the cockerel and a basket of Kolanut early the next morning, and had returned in the afternoon
Nwam kwadobe, get ready for you are going before the elders to tell your story in their next meeting, I have gone to plead for their audience.”

She was scared. Telling the secret to one person was a thing, but revealing an oath to a large number of people may spell doom, she would die

“Nothing will happen to you! Don’t even think that way Akwaugo. Except God is not alive again”

She knew Mezie was surprised to see her standing at the center of the circle. He had settled his cold stare on her before he took his seat. There was no going back- if she was going to drop dead- then she would make sure Mezie wouldn’t show his face among his mates again.

“Mezie shut that thing you called mouth and seat down!” an elder bellowed “Ehen…our wife, please continue”

“He led me on an oath before Agbara Okija to keep his shame…not to allow anyone know he can’t father a child” She continued “I was desperate to do anything for my husband, I wanted to make his talk when other men are talking. To go for chieftaincy titles like his mates…to be proud of himself! I agreed to everything he asked of me, including sleeping with another man to give him a child after seven years without any sign” she leveled her gaze on Mezie who was on his feet again.

She saw him lose color in that split of second, aged and ashen. Mezie the fighter, the strong man, dry meat that fills the mouth- like he would refer to himself. Akwaugo downturned her lips as she realized how sick and weak the man looked at the moment.

“She is a liar! A prostitute!” a last-minute effort to draw support, Mezie stretched his hands towards her “Akwaugo tell them now…tell them all you said are all lies!” he pleaded

“Mechie onu nsi gia nwokem, nee onu gi mechipu!. Close your mouth there!” Okorie interjected, staggered to his feet “My kinsmen, what this woman said here is true”

Akwaugo heaved a sigh she didn’t know she was holding. At last! She felt like gathering Okorie in a warm embrace that moment.

“This man here is the liar and a he-goat” Okorie eyes locked with the hateful glare of his enemy’s “I am aware of his impotency, he can not father even a bee!”

Mezie lurched towards him but was restrained, “Hapu m…leave me let me teach this weasel a lesson” he made another move “Since you know how to talk…tell then why you castrate me with your Juju!”

Hush

Snapping of fingers

Eyes on Mezie

Akwaugo rolled her eyes and shook her head. This was turning out good, the slowpoke was going to help expose his stupidity

“…Tell them you could not scratch your wife’s Otu properly and I helped you do that…you ungrateful Lamer!” unaware of the disgusting looks casted on him, he continued “Yes! I slept with your wife! She liked it! And you have the mind to swear under your Offor for me…you took my manhood!”

“I should have taken your life instead!” Okorie challenged

“Akwaugo, do you know about this?” the leader asked.

Attention was given to her ones again after the pandemonium. She nodded. Swallowed the lump on her throat and voiced her answer “Yes”

“And you kept this all these years? Why?”

Why? Why would any woman hide a scandal that would destroy her home if let out? Why would a woman know that her husband had plunged his manhood in another woman’s honeypot and yet looked away? Why would a woman want to do anything to please a man who was like a god to her, who bought her so costly, who had taken her in when she knew nothing?

“I was eager to please him, to make him happy at all cost; he would have lost respect and I didn’t want that” she replied

“So why do you choose to come out now? What do you want from us?”

Akwaugo drew in a deep steadying breath, gave Mazie a long stare. “I want to be away from him…I don’t want to be his wife again…he will never have anything to do with me and my daughter”

Omenu! It has happened” Okorie leaped from his seat, held his sides and laughed so hard.

She was walking away for good. And her father would be forced to do the needful. Return the bride price and set your daughter free her mother had shouted that night to her father who was adamant. But he would surely return the bride-price, when he would come to know who was involved- who the father of her child was.

“My daughter, hope you know that the tradition forbids you to walk away with that child? She belongs to your husband now since this mysterious man has no legal or traditional right over you?” someone asked

Her eyes caught Mezie’s gloating look- the smirk on his face. He thought he had a hold on her?

“He has never wanted the child. He calls her a bastard and had asked me severally to return her to the real father. I am afraid Ndi dim, he may hurt her if she is allowed anywhere near him” her eyes didn’t leave his face while she spoke.

“Who is then the father?”

Her lips curled in a faint smile. who is the father of her child- the man that had stolen her heart without reservation.

It was her mother who opened the gate and saw her and her child into the waiting car the next morning before her father came back from morning mass. An un-ceremonial departure.

“Who do you say is the father of this child” her mother said, reluctant to let Olaedo go

“Morgan Ochudo. I have told you before mama” these few days brought them close, a relationship she had craved for in years. She has seen another side of her mother, a beautiful strong woman.

“And he owns this big car?” he mother gave the car a thorough scrutiny “Akwaugo make sure they are not taking you to somewhere you will not return from”

she settled in the car and stretched out for her baby “I trust him Mama, he wouldn’t hurt me or our baby”

“Your father will definitely send me out of this house today when he finds out you left for Lagos. And the Umunna will demand for this child if Mezie insist”

She worried for her mother, fighting off all those men would be difficult. “I will make sure you are not hurt by anyone mama. And besides, contact Okorie if you are being bothered. He hates Mezie so much and will do anything to make him miserable”

Her mother bent and gave the baby a soft kiss, looked Akwaugo on the face “Its an opportunity my daughter, make the best out of it. And bring this man home to see your kinsmen for the rites”

She swallowed. Nodded and gripped her mother firmly “Thank you Mama…thank you so much”

The car eased off the compound

She was leaving her past behind

A new beginning for her

A chance to live again

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Oluwatimi2000(m): 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
nice update thanks for this masterpiece

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by biggietreasures(m): 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2020
God bless you rosemary33 for this beautiful masterpiece. I hope there is more lurking around the corner. �

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ayemileto(m): 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
Wow!!! Very nice story.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (43) (Reply)

*The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.