Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

His Neighbor's Wife - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Neighbor's Wife (296413 Views)

My New Neighbor’s Wife By Naijassador .....update 1 / My Neighbor's Girlfriend / Sexcapade With Neighbor's Daughters. 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by ProfFarin: 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Such an interesting story, kudos to the writer

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
You people are really making writing worth it. Thank you all for following this story keenly

7 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
Beautiful piece.... weldone. the part I love soo much is when the narrator said
"But the gods were not sleeping, they had their dice cast, they were just starting the play"
You are the bomb

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Khriztarl(f): 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2020
Does mazie or maize really have to keep reminding asa of that godforsaken vow? Haew.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
Okorie would definitely connect the dots... and her friend will unravel the mystery..
this pregnancy of hers will birth new grounds
thanks op

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Gloriagee(f): 7:19am On Jul 14, 2020
Mezie is such a slowpoke. Ndi local champion

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by WAACUT(m): 8:32am On Jul 14, 2020
Rosemary33:
You people are really making writing worth it. Thank you all for following this story keenly
you seems to know nnewi too well...I'm from nnewi too

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
Chapter 9

“I heard Akwaugo, Mezie’s wife is pregnant”

Nnuego walked passed her husband Okonkwo, who was seated in front of the Obi, wrapper gathered between his thighs. With her basket lay down, she called one of her children to take the basket inside and peel the yams.

“Where did you hear this from?” Okonkwo lazily lifted his head from his ‘Dabere chewe’ a detachable wooden chair. He wasn’t in a deep thought as the name of the chair implied- he was aggressively sucking an orange.

“My husband, is it until the spittle in your mouth dries up and you suck in your cheeks that you will realize that there is nothing remaining in that orange” Nnuego pick her ‘nwanyi noduru okwu’ that was thrown carelessly under the Ube tree and sat beside her husband.

“Is the Orange complaining?” Okonkwo turned the orange inside out and eat the roughage, grinding his teeth like his wife’s goat when eating ‘Ahaba leaf’.” So where did you hear the news?” he smacked his lips and wiped his palms on his wrapper

“From Mezie himself, he was at the market today”

“Hmm” Okonkwo leaned back on his chair “Have you seen the woman with big stomach?”

“No o, he is hiding her like a new masquerade”

Okonkwo gave out a loud laughter that rocked his shoulder and made his pot belly wiggle like a squid “Hei! Ana Edo come and hear o” he busted out in another convulsive laughter, “O o…Its alright…ngwanu…”

Nnuego adjusted her big backside on the small stool- looking more like an elephant on a circus stool “we should be happy for them my husband, after many years- finally Akwaugo has proven that she is a woman”

“and proves that her husband is not a man!” Okonkwo coughed and spat on the ground

“You speak like one who has taken an overnight nkwuenu. A woman gets pregnant after many years and you are accusing her husband of not being a man…”

“All of you can rejoice with Mezie and his wife, but I know what I know, Mezie is not a man!”

Nnuego didn’t know what had transpired between the two men that night. She had run out of the house before her husband could grab an Okpiri, she didn’t even realize her wrapper had fallen off her waist until she got to her father’s house. “I know you hate him so much…but please don’t use such strong words on another man before someone hears you and summons you before the Umunna. Doesn’t he have dick? Obughi Amu? His chi has not favored him all these years that’s all”

It seemed his wife had forgotten the abomination she committed with Mezie, but he would not forget- not even in his death would he forget that night when he caught Mezie humping his wife from behind like a he-goat, “Ewo…I gbuo muo…I bu ya o…” he was bleating as he had his miserable dick stuck inside his wife who was moaning like a hippo on heat.

he didn’t tell people why he sent his wife away neither did his wife- who kept sending her kinsmen from ‘Mbana’ to come and beg on her behalf

“Did your daughter tell you what she did?” he had asked them on four occasions they came “Let her tell you people what she did, and why she did it”. On a second thought, he knew how shameful it was to be mocked by one’s mate for not being able to sexually satisfy his own wife- “I mepere anya, nwoke ozo a na agba nwunyegi (with your eyes wide open, another man is fucking your wife)” they would laugh at him. So he had quietly gone to his in-laws after one month and brought his wife back.

“You will not understand woman…” he flapped his legs and groaned “Onye ibi anaghi eje na nwanyi, a man with an enlarged scrotum doesn’t talk of getting married”

“Are you saying that Mezie has an enlarged scrotum?”

“Go and rest woman! This issue is more than you”

His wife shrugged, clamped her fleshy hands on her laps to support her weight as she made to stand up, the stool cried, cracked and finally gave up, Nnuego landed with her buttocks on the German floored corridor with reckless abandonment

“I said it you will break everything in this house! You didn’t consider your weight before sitting on the poor stool” Okonkwo commented angrily

“So this is the ‘sorry’ you have to tell me? What if I have fallen on one of those nails on the stool?”

“If that would lessen the fats in your buttocks”

Nnuego hissed and stomped out of the obi, her buttocks bouncing incoherently. Okorie watched her for a while before he leaned back on his chair.

What really was his reason for accepting her back? He didn’t want to face it- he wasn’t ready to admit his inability to meet his wife’s sexual appetite. “You are an animal…a dog on heat…” he would tell her each time they finished having sex and she would demand for more, “Ehn…I know, leave me like that” she would reply and would somehow manage to get his manhood up.

She would get tired of sex once children start coming, he had consoled himself- but he, Okonkwo had ended up being the worn out one instead of Nnuego, the more she added in size, the more her sexual appetite increased.

Okonkwo picked another Orange, bite off the head and drained the juice in one long suck. Dealing with Mezie was his way of letting out his pains. He had weighed two revenge options in his mind, and this last one seemed perfect. Mezie did not impregnate Akwaugo- that is if the story was true about she being pregnant. His Offor doesn’t fail, as long as he had called on the gods with a clean hand, Offor ndi ichie would give him justice.

If Akwaugo is pregnant as they said, then someone must have been involved and he suspected who the person might be.

“A bastard doesn’t have any inheritance among us!”

The meeting was divided, angry faces and poking of fingers on bare chests, spittle flew like missiles. Their voices tore the silence of the night, swallowed the chirping of the crickets and the broody hens on their egg nests. They have been on the matter since sun set.

“you people knew this yet you accepted him in the Umunna!” someone bellowed

“It doesn’t matter! He is still not one of us…he should look for his father!!”

“Ozugo nu! It’s Okay! Let our Isi obi speak please!”

“Are we not forgetting the tradition? If a woman gives birth to another man’s child in her husband’s house, the child automatically belongs to the family” Nze Azoka tried to be heard

“What tradition are we even talking about? We all know that our brother died without a son, his wife was seen with pregnancy few months after he died…” Okorie spoke

“He may have impregnated her before his death” Mezie interjected

“He was ill for years before his death, where did he get the strength to climb his wife?” someone asked

“Where you there with them? How did you know he didn’t meet with his wife?” Mezie retorted “As long as no man has come to claim the paternity of that child, he is still our son and has the right to be given a parcel of land!” Mezie snapped, his jaw clenched, veins made ridges on his forehead

“Someone is in support of this because he knows he is not man enough to get his wife pregnant and he isn’t even sure of who the father of his own unborn baby is!” Okorie fixed his bloodshot eyes on Mezie, his chest, covered with sweat, rose and fall heavily.

The silence that followed his statement was as thick as the darkness that covered them, giving room for the night to breath.

“Okorie what did you just say?” Mezie planted his legs on the sand, his nostrils flared with anger

“When a stone fight is announcing, a bald man looks for a cap!”

The two men looked at each other with hatred, one could slice the tension between them with a knife. Mezie saw the challenge in Okorie’s eyes- he knew that any wrong move would pushed Okorie further

“Mezie! Seat down…why are you taking this personal?” someone commented

Okorie dared him to speak! To make a move and prove himself a man, but like a frightened dog who had his tail in-between his legs, he withdrew. Once again Okorie had succeeded in shaming him.

He kicked his chair out of the way, avoided eye contacts and stomped out of the meeting while they called on him to return.

That night he refused to return his wife’s greeting, and had left his food untouched. He equally shut his door before she could come in. he listened to her knocks- “Dim, my husband, open the door for me” they have been sleeping in the same room since she announced her pregnancy “Please opened for me now…what happened?” no more- he wouldn’t allow her inside his room. That was the only coven where he could hide his shame. He listened to her soft footsteps and her door closed.

She has brought him bad luck- maybe she was an Ogbanje who had a covenant with her spirit friends to destroy any man she got married to. He turned towards the wall and coiled himself like a millipede poked with a stick. He was beginning to loath his wife- it scared him.

Adjusting her large tinted sunglasses, Nwamaka brisk walked into the big supermarket. Haven been there before, she tipped her wide brimmed hat, smiled at the cashier and two attendants, straightened her yellow linen dress and strolled casually to the perfume department. Darting her eyes side to side- she pocketed a bottle of Halston Cologne. One will not be enough, she added one Victoria Secret, a powder and lipstick to her loot.

Her heart was beating wildly and her steps nearly faltered. ‘That son of an old duck’ she swore under her breath as she was approached by an attendant

“What are you looking for ma, I can help you find it”

“Don’t worry yourself” she forced a smile “I can help myself” Of course she could. She didn’t want to go back to being a village low life yet. She had to keep putting up the rich front or she would be done with. Even her mother would mentally disown her.

“Just let me know when you need my help”

She nodded and the attendant walked off. She didn’t know how much she had spent in the village until the last alert that came into her phone- hundred and thirty-two thousand naira! What did she do with all the money she saved? Renovated her mother’s old house…got herself a cheap but still good looking Toyota Camry 1999 model- few cloths here and there, sure those couldn’t have dwindled her money! She needed new stuffs and digging into her account would amount to one thing- going broke and she hated being broke.

Her eyes caught something glittery on her way to the exit, she did a few steps backward to have a closer look. She had done shop lifting only two times in her life, the last time was at Everyday supermarket, Port Harcourt- she was caught by an attendant who handed her over to the manager, a sex starved over bloated old man

“I will pay you please!” she had pleaded when the man picked the phone to call the police

He had laughed at her “What do you have to pay me with?” he looked her over. Seeing the longing in his eyes, Nwamaka cat walked towards the man, grabbed his groin and gave his the most intensed Mouth Gig he had ever had in his life.

With no attendant in sight, she pushed the showcase and grabbed the glittery stoned neckless. It wasn’t the real thing but how many people would know? She strolled towards the exit, heart throbbing, half expecting to be stopped. She made it out, exhaled with excitement, jumped into her car, kicked it to life and drove like someone being chased by the devil.

The neckless was her best loot, when she would enter Port Harcourt with it- her friends would look at her with envy. Her brows burrowed with frown, yet she couldn’t get Akwaugo’s gold neckless off her mind nor the man who gave it to her.

The piece of Gold had become her obsession, she fantasized having it round her neck- if only she could make Akwaugo talk, “Ignorant Bitch” she murmured as she navigated towards ‘Ukwu ofo

She would get Akwaugo to talk, one way or the other. But time is no longer at her side, she had run out of lies to tell on why she was still in the village with her kids.

14 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
nwamaka please get a life... and don't let greed be your end.
I feel for meize, but the man pride and over bloated ego wouldn't allow him enjoy the good things of life, which particularly includes his Wife!
Rosemary33 abeg help the man fate grin

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ann2012(f): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 10:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
Odoogu:
nwamaka please get a life... and don't let greed be your end.
I feel for meize, but the man pride and over bloated ego wouldn't allow him enjoy the good things of life, which particularly includes his Wife!
Rosemary33 abeg help the man fate grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
Rosemary33:
grin grin grin
if you don't, who will? grin
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Yes! Nwamaka will be disgraced soon and she will end up being a village neglect.
Mezie will soon loose his (hidden masquerade) and his respect amongst his people.

Thanks for the update. I love the story line
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by skubido(m): 6:50am On Jul 15, 2020
Mr Maizeeee, na die you dey so oo, wetin okonkwo go take eyes see ehn

Thanks for the update
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by xaviercasmir(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2020
The way you write is good. The story line touches the society that I was born into. Yes I am an Anambra guy but not from Nnewi oooo. The ego Mezie and his advisory are showing here is the exact replica of the illiterate educationally but literate in business shown by some of our men here. Instead to face there shame squarely, the will find someone to blame.
May your ink never dry. Keep it up

6 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by mitakemi2427(f): 10:01am On Jul 15, 2020
Nwamaka you are a wicked person you want to come and put sand sand in our garri
it will not be well with you
Mezie go and find that thing that will make you be a man
Our esteemed writer well done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Gheeohh: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
Nwakanma is living a fake life and will soon be found out...Akwaugo's pregnancy will cause a lot of trouble,cos it's no longer a secret how it came about,apart from Mezie and his wife,okorie knows their little secret

4 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
Yes, I m here again. On a second thought, Mezie might get a solution before he is exposed but the look of the children will speak much in the village

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by do4luv14(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2020
Am telling you, and he had begin to rob it in, in Mezie face, and infront of their kinsmen for that matter,

ordinary, I would had pity mezie, but as the saying Goes, Pride before a fall, he had started falling, cos of his arrogant pride

Gheeohh:
Nwakanma is living a fake life and will soon be found out...Akwaugo's pregnancy will cause a lot of trouble,cos it's no longer a secret how it came about,apart from Mezie and his wife,okorie knows their little secret

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Adeola25(f): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
Well-done ma'am, You're doing a fantastic job. That Okonkwo's wife name made me remembered Nnuego from the novel "The Joy of motherhood" God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 7:29am On Jul 16, 2020
Adeola25:
Well-done ma'am, You're doing a fantastic job. That Okonkwo's wife name made me remembered Nnuego from the novel "The Joy of motherhood" God bless you.
yes!! Joy of motherhood. I read it long time ago. Nnuego is a popular name in rural Igbo land, especially mothers. Though they no longer give this generation children such names

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by PrudySara(f): 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nwamaka's fake life will be exposed one day...plus, Mezie's pride will bring him down. (Pride goes before a fall)
Well done Rosemary33!
*thumbs up*

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Vulcanheph(m): 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
First of all this is a wonderful story, i love it, .....i once created a thread where i pointed out how Nairaland story writers don't always complete their stories and you commented and talked about how you always complete your stories.....please i hope you keep your promise, because i'm already Hooked to it.

5 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nwiboko26(f): 1:12am On Jul 17, 2020
Welldone sis,more power to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 1:57am On Jul 17, 2020
Chapter 10
Lagos

“Mr Morgan, we are trying to be civil here, if we follow our mode of operation- we would not be having this conversation”

Morgan sneered. The DSS chief with a neck like that of a male peacock was trying so hard to force down a lie down his throat. With his eyes like that of a chameleon fixed on him and those annoying smile on his face- the man was having a good time trying to ruffle him

“The evidence is clear Mr Morgan, your bank has accused you of forgery! Falsification of documents to bring in trucks from China” the Chief leaned back “…I have the documents here” he had the ‘I have you where I want you’ look. The bastard- Malami has hated the gut of this proud Igbo man who had paraded Lagos and Abuja like he owned it. Buying off properties and rubbing his success on their faces. He was lucky to wiggle himself off the tax aversion saga, let me see how you get yourself out of this one.

“Sure you do…” Morgan was at his best behavior, an angel had surely taking over his body- if not why was it still possible that he had not lost his temper and wiped the grin off the face of this rhinoceros seated opposite him “And what does the document say chief?” he was sure the idiot had not bothered to read through the documents, he was working with what he was told by the bank and who every it was playing this card.

“Chief, you know what I think? I think that some persons have enjoyed monopoly in this country and they are threatened by my presence in the game” he allow his host to chew on his words before he continued “The idea of having a young player who is ready to match them toe to toe doesn’t seat well in their stomachs and they are pressing buttons to get this threat off the way”

Malami frowned and leaned forward “What are you getting at Mr Morgan?”

“What I am saying Chief, is that both the bank and you seated here are being used by these men to achieve their aim…” turning the table against his opponent has been one of his major strengths, he was doing it again- jumping from the defense to the attacking side. He loved the look on the face of the man opposite him. “You know what I am saying is true Chief…”

“Do you realize you are making a strong allegation, not only against the Anti-Graft agency but against the Nigerian Government!” His face reddened “I could file a charge against you on this, you will battle with it all your life and will lose everything!” egocentric sonofabitch! You think you can come out of this- playing the game you want to play? Malami wondered who Morgan thought he was- he had no political godfather for goodness sake! A little boy from nowhere- how old was he again?

Morgan swallowed bile and gave Malami time to calm down. He knew very well what the Chief wanted to do- but he would not give his that pleasure, he would only seat there and wait for the man to roast himself

“I have been here- in this office, three years ago, having similar conversation about some vague Tax accusation…we know how that ended, don’t we?”

His cold eyes- the smirk on his lips, infuriated Malami, He hated the man who had sauntered into his office- chest thrust out as if he was the president himself “Are you threatening me Mr Morgan? Because if you are, I can as well go ahead and carry out my duties as supposed. You are not a sacred cow…”

“I want a meeting with you and the bank executives” his secretary had called the managing director of the bank on several occasions with same result- “The director is indisposed to take your call now…we have been under strict instruction not to discuss this case with you. The DSS is in charge now” was the reply he had gotten. “I actually wonder why you chose to take up this offer when they presented it to you…I thought the Economic and financial Crime Commission are supposed to be on this case as it falls under their job definition?” Morgan gave Malami a long stare “Maybe I am right…you are the right man to do their job”

Morgan stood up and walked out of the office, with Malami staring at him in disbelief.

“You look terrible”

Madonna was fond of walking in on him anytime like she owned his house with him. On a normal day- he would have been so relief to have someone to talk with after a terrible day, but it wasn’t a normal day for him. He had succeeded in suppressing the anger that had threatened to erupt in the DSS Chief’s office, the Anger had however clung on him like a second skin once he sat inside his Mercedes G-Wagon.
He ignored the voice, opened his door and walked inside- Madonna followed.

“Bad day eh?” She went inside and came out with two glasses of wine “Here, this will help” she had mastered his house like the palm of her hands. A formidable woman who had gotten his attention with her unique business ideas and doggedness.

“You don’t want to know about it, trust me” he sipped and set the glass on a side stool near him. He scanned her through his wine glass as he quaffed what was remaining of its content. Yellow chiffon top with a subtle low neck that exposed the upper part of her augmented bosom, tucked in a red pencil skirt, at thirty-eight, she was doing a good job at taking care of herself.

“Try me” Madonna crossed her long legs, one of her red pump heel shoes dangled freely. She had met Morgan in a business party hosted by vice president ‘Industrialization and National economy’ was the theme, she had taken notice of him immediately he sat down- had felt his aura, his charm- such shiny tanned skin, such handsomeness, she couldn’t get her eyes off him. When he turned towards her and caught her staring, he had given her a nod and right there- she knew she wanted him- sooner or later, she would have him.

“Who is that Man?” she had asked her Personal Assistance. her PA should know- she had always known every important person

“Mr Morgan? CEO Wilson group” Her PA didn’t disappoint

“Married?”

“I don’t know ma’am?”

“Find everything you can about him”

In 2007, Wilson group shares were out for sale and she saw her opportunity. She had consulted her stock broker and had bought enough to catapult her into a member of Wilson Group’s board of directors. Oil money had come through for her again.

She had gradually worked her way into his space and his life- though he had not said anything about a proper relationship- not even a nigh spent on his bed, but she had seen his kind- no sex with a partner, no mixing business with pleasure kind, sometimes she had wondered if he was gay. However, she was a patient woman, she wouldn’t settle for just a thing to satisfy his urge- she wanted him to herself.

“How do you know I will be here?” Morgan asked. Like he didn’t know Madonna could sniff him out of anywhere. Initially, he didn’t know the game she was playing- it has been business from the beginning, then she started asking him for lunch and out for drinks;

“It would be an honor to have a drink with the CEO” she would say “I can help you out with any difficulty- I know these men and how they operate…” and he had appreciated her efforts, until she started visiting more often after a party he threw in his house.

“I asked around” she purred, voice low and sexy, she took in everything in the lavishly furnished siting room with her eyes “nice” she nodded with a smile “You decided to take my advice, beautiful- exquisite” she turned her head towards him “Where are they from? Italy?”

“hmm” Morgan yawned “they are not new though; you probably have not been here for a while”

Does it mean he had missed her? She was thrilled “I would have done a better job though, if you have giving me the contract of refurnishing your house…you know my taste on things like this…”

Most men would have jumped on what she was indirectly offering- he would have considered it too, in fact, he had thought of it last year. She would make a good force by his side. Then he had gone to Nnewi and lost his senses- or would he say ‘regain his senses?’ how come he had not noticed her botched face before? He only knew of the breast job she did which she told him about. She wasn’t anything like his Akwaugo- ‘His?’ what was wrong with him? Akwaugo would be the end of him, like a goddess- she had haunted his dreams, occupied his thoughts, all he sought for in any woman he had set his eyes on since this year was her- Akwaugo.

It had started as lust- now he wanted something more, something only her can give. Yet God had denied him that too, like he took his parents and his formal wife, he had equally made him fall for another man’s wife, knowing very well she was far from his reach.

A curse

A burden

Was that what it? Did heaven give him wealth and took love away from him?

“I can speak to Chief Olu on your behalf you know…I also heard about the hassle with the underdogs, I can press some buttons to get them off your back” Madonna drawled, made a sexy gait towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder “I can do all these and more, cowboy, you know I am well placed and powerful. These men can not deny me” she sat beside him, grinding her body against his “I don’t know why you are so cold to me…I thought maybe you would come around and realize that I fit into your life…”

He stood up “I don’t know Madonna…I have never thought of you like the way you are thinking…you are good and all but…”

“I understand” but she didn’t, she didn’t want to press further, not today maybe, but oh, God knows she would have him where she wants him- by her side, on his bed or hers, in his life as his queen.

Nnewi, Anambra State

The Sky picked up smokes, huge enough to darken the heaven, No- it was not the angry rain that would come down with clapping thunders and lightning, Nkwor Nnewi was on fire. Like thirsty tigers- the fire unleashed its fury- lapping and eating up everything. Mezie was still half way when he met one of his apprentices racing down towards him

“Oga o! Oga o!” he threw himself on the machine and fall together with Mezie “Afia agbago Oku! The market has burnt down to nothing”

Mezie picked himself and the machine, dusted his buttocks “Kedu ihe I na akogheri di? What are you blabbing about nwokem…are you drunk this early morning?”

“Oga don’t you see the smoke? Nkwor is on fire!”

That was all Mezie could stand to hear before he abandoned his machine and ran like a cheetah…making a journey of twenty-five minutes in just five minutes.

He couldn’t recognize the place- his shop, the furnace was as furious as an aggrieved goddess, sucking their lives away- yet preventing them form bringing out a pin. He threw himself on the ground and gave out a stomach wrenching yell.

“My life! My money! My shop!” he sensed death and beckoned on it to take him.

Nna m were nwayo…take it easy biko, it is not the end of the world…” someone tried to console him

“It is the end of my life!” he bawled “What is remaining bikonu?”

He was inconsolable, refusing to go home, he sat on the sandy floor and watched everything he worked for- the only thing that made him still feel like a man, taken away from him.

Akwaugo sat up on her bed, her night gown wet and clung to her body, the nightmare again- but this time she had followed them into the thick forest, masked faces, painted bodies, ugly teeth. They had placed a burning pot on her head and had made her follow like a mute lamb into the forest, to the shrine of ‘Edo’

“Edo has come for his debt…Edo never forgets…” the words had echoed in her head before she jerked up.

She rubbed her small baby bump, grabbed her Rosary by the bed- did the sign of the cross and was about to start muttering “Hail Mary” when she heard the noise outside

“Nkwor Nnewi is on fire”

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by tijehi(f): 3:33am On Jul 17, 2020
Rosy, You were born to write

Well done.

3 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Samamerc(f): 5:43am On Jul 17, 2020
Thanks for the update dear.

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by zubizareta(m): 5:59am On Jul 17, 2020
mehn this is like a movie playing in my head. I wish the complete story was ready. would gladly pay to get it. can't stand the torture of the suspense having to wait for next updates.

my dear, you are doing well. I say Ooin...

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2020
Samamerc:
Thanks for the update dear.
thank you so much

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2020
zubizareta:
mehn this is like a movie playing in my head. I wish the complete story was ready. would gladly pay to get it. can't stand the torture of the suspense having to wait for next updates.

my dear, you are doing well. I say Ooin...
thank you so much. Unfortunately, I write this story per day. A fresh story- a chapter everyday, so it is not ready yet grin. Please bear with me

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by xaviercasmir(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2020
Another breath-taking episode. Thank you for the update

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ann2012(f): 7:45am On Jul 17, 2020
I feel for Mezie, after this fire incident how will he cope?
This Edo disturbing my Akwa should let me be biko...

Thanks for the update ma'am

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

*The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.