Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

His Neighbor's Wife - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Neighbor's Wife (295585 Views)

My New Neighbor’s Wife By Naijassador .....update 1 / My Neighbor's Girlfriend / Sexcapade With Neighbor's Daughters. 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by peacy26: 7:54am On Jul 17, 2020
Op thank you for this interesting and suspense filled writeup. God bless

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nmezor(f): 11:19am On Jul 17, 2020
Thanks for the nice update Rosie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by PrudySara(f): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2020
Rosemary33, you're doing well! Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by EARLE99: 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Mezie will be like a drenched fowl now... Shoulder pads will come down ��

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by dawno2008(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nice update,but like oliver twist "I want more" grin grin

I strongly believe all this happenings are for a purpose, cos why is Akwaugo having those nightmares and the sudden destruction of Mezie's business, all this is pointing to the child wants the real father to own up.
My take though, Pls keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Lakesc: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2020
Bad lock seems to be Mezie neighbour.. Thanks op, this is truely a master piece

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Joyfulgal: 2:19am On Jul 18, 2020
Thanks for the upload. AFTER ALL HER WRONG DOINGS, SHE STILL REMEMBERED HER ROSARY.

A good write up but why are the gods angry with MEZIE?

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by gal10(f): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2020
Gosh so intriguing and full of suspense!! Been a while I read something this deep!! Well done

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by crossfm: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
Joyfulgal:
Thanks for the upload. AFTER ALL HER WRONG DOINGS, SHE STILL REMEMBERED HER ROSARY.

A good write up but why are the gods angry with MEZIE?
Lol.If sinners run away from God where will they run to.She need God more than ever.Remember Jesus is more interested on winning the souls of sinners.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by sabbiboi: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
Wow! What can I say, this is a good novel.

I have the memories of the big market in Nnewi play on my head when I visited, as I read this novel.

You're a good writer Rosemary33.

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Counter24(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
Interesting.....
But OP, I seriously don't like where this story is heading to oooo... You're making it look like a gateway must be created for Akwaugo inorder for her to leave the strange damn marriage with the egocentric and prideful being called Mezie..

Anyway sha.. what do I know sef cool
I don't want to finish what I wanted to write so as not infiltrate your thought with something much more contradicting to your own wonderful idea.
P.S : I am here to learn about People

3 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Chaii I love the twist in the story. You are damn good

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
Chapter 11

Ndo nu o! sorry”

Neighbors poured in and out. they had no pity for him- he saw it in their faces, jeers, sneers, evil glints in their eyes. He knew what they must be thinking ‘He has finally fallen, the gods have visited him with vengeance…onye chi ojoor- ill luck is following him’ they would gossip him in the market- murmur when he would walk pass, laugh and clap hands.

Mezie the ill lucked man

“My Brother…I went to visit my son in the boarding school at Umudike, I came back to hear the disaster” ThankGod his friend contoured his face in sadness “Odikwaegwu o, this is really bad” he snapped his fingers

Mezie looked at him from the corner of his eyes- he wondered why Thankgod would chose to visit his son same day disaster came upon him? ‘All of them are the same’ he thought ‘mockers, he had come to remind me of his son now I am grieving my loss. He is praying I don’t have a have a son…”

“Nna a…what will you do now? How will you start over again?” Thankgod coughed out phylum and spat on the floor, covered it with sand

“I don’t know my brother; I am shocked to even think…”

“When we are all happy that the almighty God had remembered your family- your wife’s pregnancy. Now this bad news”

“See me now…my own chi gives me with one hand and takes with another. But its okay…odi mma, this is not the end of a man…” he would not allow them see his tears. They would not know how broken he was.

“True, you have to find a way to bounce back” Thankgod cleared his throat, adjusted his buttocks on the chair and gave Mezie a quick glace “You can sell some part of that land you have by Traffic light…”

“Which land?”

“The one I have been telling you about now? It will yield enough money for you to start all over. Especially now that this boy- Ochudo’s Son is building the health center near it, you can double the price” Thankgod shifted closer to Mezie “You can even contact him to buy”
Looking at his friend sternly- with his greedy eyes like an unsatisfied locust, and a mouth like the beak of a bird, he felt like grabbing a knife and cutting his tongue off. ‘they are all the same- Vultures, foxes’

“A true son of Nnewi doesn’t sell a land he inherited from his father, anyi anaghi ere ana ka ndi mba ozo

“I am not asking you to sell all- just a part of it”

“I am not selling Thankgod!” he bellowed

“Dim. My husband, come and have your bath”

He had shut the world out, consumed in his grief- finding comfort in saying little or nothing to anyone. He would come out in the morning- sat by the Ube tree and mope at nothing like one whose soul was lost. Nothing she did made him come out of his sorrow- her hands on his shoulder, her soothing words, her body at his feet, all seemed to drive him farther. Once she had caught him staring at her with coldness.

“Please my husband- I can’t stand your silence anymore…it hurts me”

“You have brought me nothing but shame and reproach” ice cold voice

Her eye lids fluttered in disbelief

“I lost my manhood because I married you…”

She wanted to scream “You lost your manhood because you slept with another man’s wife!” but she stood there- numb to the bones

“Now I am forced to accept a bastard in my house, to pretend he is from my loin…a strange blood that could as well belong to a mad man or a thief. You are an embodiment of ill luck, a trap set by the gods…a sneer to stupid idiots like me”

He spoke as if she wasn’t their- his eyes fixed at the gate, “you made sure I lost everything, the only thing I still use to intimidate my mates…now they would gather like pack of hyenas to devour my flesh. Once they hid their mouths when talking- now they would mock me to my face…”

The hurt in her soul rose like a lump on her throat, escaping as a sob “What are you saying? My husband…”

“I have giving you everything Akwaugo- what have you given to me in return for everything I did for you and you miserable parents?”

“I gave you this!” she screamed, holding up her belly like a package “I got pregnant for you Mezie!”

“That is not my Child!” his voice rose- his eyes on hers “a child you got from prostitution- an Abomination!”

“Mezie!”

He had gone beyond reasoning, he couldn’t stop the words as they poured out like the venom of a snake, hurting like the stinger of a scorpion “You wh*re- you think I don’t know you wanted it? A license to taste what you have not had for years- that was why you jumped to the offer”

“Mezie you made me do it! You begged me…I didn’t want to do it o”

“Your whoredom has brought me to penury…you evil woman!” his jaw tightened he spat at her.

She couldn’t take then all in- the bitterness, the blames. Maybe he was right- She was the cause; she had brought him nothing but sorrow. She ran out from him, wiping tears and sniffling, her stomach bounced like a small balloon with water.

She held it not against him, he was hurting- a hurting man was capable of saying anything. She wished there was something she could do to lift his pains.

She pulled out her box of cloths under the bed, threw it open and carefully brought out the little red box she had hidden under the neatly folded cloths.

“Don’t drive knife in my heart Akwaugo, don’t hurt me any further…I want you to have this please” his words re-echoed “I want you to have it” eyes prickled with tears- she stroked the box and coughed out a sob. Carefully opened the box- and brought out the necklace.

She took the box with her to the old cracked mirror on the way, let me wear it for once- let my neck feel what you wanted it to feel. She gently hooked it round her neck- eyes brightened with excitement, a slight smile on her lips, she thought of him. As insensitive as it may sound, she allowed old memories blank her reality.

“I made love to an amazing woman…I am not ashamed to say I made love to you” laughter erupted from her.

You feel the same way for me, I can feel it here” he had known- yet he didn’t force her, ‘Oh Morgan”. She gently touched her neck, the pendent balance between her firm breasts. It was the only thing of his she still has…

Heavy footsteps snapped her out of her nostalgia- she quickly unhooked Necklace and hid it under her pillow, peered through the door- her husband prowled up and down the sitting-room. She quickly placed the necklace into the box- she would go to Onitcha tomorrow, Nwamaka said the necklace worth a fortune, she would be able to see someone who would offer a reasonable amount for it.

“What is this?”

Akwaugo pushed the big brown envelope closer to her husband “Some money to help us start over”

He sneered, eyed the enveloped for a while “Where did you get it from?” he slouched back on the sofa.

She felt terrible- her husband has aged greatly in just few weeks, shrunk and dried, the sofa swallowed his frame. “I sold the trinket…the one Nwamaka…” she swallowed “The one she gave me”

He glanced at the envelope coldly, then back at her “What do you want to do?” his breath deepened “are you saying I cannot raise money for my business?”

Her eyes widened “Mba kwa! No o, I have known you are very hard walking my husband…but we need money- this will give us a good start” she had anticipated it, Mezie would hardly accept help from anyone. Not even when someone had suggested he appeal to his kinsmen for loan “We will start with this Mezie…” her voice trembled.

She had left the house very early that day- the box safely tucked in her bag, it was difficult getting a buyer, she had suspected the buyer she finally got had given her something way lower than the actual worth- she saw it in his eyes as he handed the money to her and hurriedly hid the gold. Now he looked at her pain with scorn?

“I did it for us…”

“Says who? You did it for yourself woman!” he exploded “Now you give me money? You want to become the head of the family- so you can hassle me, make me feel like nothing?” he jumped off his seat, she backed away “I will not have you shame me in my house- I got married to you, I have been feeding you all my life with my hard earned money! I don’t need your help…”

She gestured helplessly “What do you want from me!” rage took over where fear was “my blood?

“What haven’t I done to make you see I am a good wife! I have tried Mezie…you know I have”

“Anuofia! Animal!” his chin high, eyes hard, she sensed he was going to hit her but she didn’t care “You can now talk back at me because you lay some money down? I butego ego okwa ya?”

“Yes! Yes Mezie… you don’t know what it cost me…I gave up something…” she clenched her fist “You don’t know what it meant to me” tears rolled down her check

“A miserable necklace! When I was Mezie I could have afforded two of that!”

“Then why didn’t you? Oh I know…I will be noticed by other men and will sleep with them! Isn’t that what you feared?”

He was tongue tied. He staggered and sank on the sofa, shook his head “Chai! Mezie…” bit his lips “Ukwu jie Agu, Mgbada abiara ya ugwo! When a man loses his manhood, kids challenges him on a wrestling contest”

Akwaugo stomped out.

17 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by xaviercasmir(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
Egotistical idiot. Insisted of looking a way forward he is busy blaming everybody.
Nice up ma'am

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
misery loves company.
meize wants his wife in the same "vibe" that she is offering him a solution is infuriating him.
stupid egocentric human.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
Odoogu:
misery loves company.
meize wants his wife in the same "vibe" that she is offering him a solution is infuriating him.
stupid egocentric human.
"Misery loves company" wow!!! I love this quote die

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Khriztarl(f): 11:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Opunu.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Samamerc(f): 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mezie's ego is just so annoying.

Thanks for the update madam.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Lilly4endu(f): 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
I feel terrible for Akwaugo, why does she puts up with all the Mezie nonsense

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by tijehi(f): 1:11am On Jul 19, 2020
What a very very verily stupid man that Mezie is. Chai. Major irritant.

His pride will send him to an early grave. With the way he is going, he will soon run mad.

Thanks Rosemary for the update.

Fantastic story.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by millieademi: 3:35am On Jul 19, 2020
A man like Mezie is one I will poison or better yet inject air into his veins and let him die of a heart attack while he sleeps.

Egoistic buffoon....

Seriously, this is a lesson to ladies. Just because a man says he wants you to do something (infidelity in particular) doesn't mean you have to. Especially if you know he's full of hot air and has no shame.

He will despise you faster than you can say Jesus is Lord.

4 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Joyfulgal: 5:43am On Jul 19, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Mezie has lost the protection of the gods. I know the direction of the storyline. Please don't make him loose everything.

He is INSECURE. He is acting like a man without someone dangling between his legs. Off course that's what it is

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ann2012(f): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2020
Mezie is a goat!!! So arrogant and annoying angry

Thanks for the update ma'am

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Fortunebae(f): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2020
O chim, please Ma, just give us one day to trash Mazie, just one day, I feel like dragging him out of the story and really flogging him Wella.

Lovely story Ma'am, you stories always gives me comfort

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nwiboko26(f): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2020
An Egoistic idiot,a narcissist.thats what he is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by dawno2008(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2020
The type of Mezie abound all around us,they Blame others for their mistakes, and set guilt trap for unknowing partners, even when it so clear that they need help,but they make you begin to help them.

Some never escaped from the whims,they are terrible people to encounter.

Good work Rosemary you are doing a wonderful job,Pls keep it up, and let the update keep flowing.

3 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by EARLE99: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2020
Mtcheeewww.... Useless man..
Even in the face of a fall, he is still proud

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2020
I love the trend of events that are unfolding. I wish Akwaugo could speak out, because I don't think that oath holds

Your writeup is magnificent

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Vulcanheph(m): 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Lovely story .....i'll like to know the name of the prequel of this story.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
millieademi:
A man like Mezie is one I will poison or better yet inject air into his veins and let him die of a heart attack while he sleeps.

Egoistic buffoon....

Seriously, this is a lesson to ladies. Just because a man says he wants you to do something (infidelity in particular) doesn't mean you have to. Especially if you know he's full of hot air and has no shame.

He will despise you faster than you can say Jesus is Lord.

it wasn't about the infidelity, in which case both were privy to. Meize saw her as a trophy, hence the reason he always wants to keep her "leashed" and not as a companion. my take.

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Lakesc: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mezie is really annoying, his foolish ego would surely ruin him. Is he trying to kill that poor woman... Big thanks Rosemary33

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Adeola25(f): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Pride goes before a fall. If Akwaugo stabs or poisons him now they would say women have come again. Mezie is a very useless human being so anyone that comes to sympathies with him is there to mock him. The man nah real Eranko. He is just like someone l know. Thanks for the update

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

*The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.