Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

His Neighbor's Wife - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Neighbor's Wife (296425 Views)

My New Neighbor’s Wife By Naijassador .....update 1 / My Neighbor's Girlfriend / Sexcapade With Neighbor's Daughters. 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nmezor(f): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gosh this Mezie guy is extremely annoying n toxic too. I really pity Akwa...she really doesn't need this....Great job Rosie,thanks for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by millieademi: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
Odoogu:

it wasn't about the infidelity, in which case both were privy to. Meize saw her as a trophy, hence the reason he always wants to keep her "leashed" and not as a companion. my take.

I understand she's a trophy wife but let's be realistic. Trophy wife or not, most men turn back to despise their wives when they urge her to have sexual relations with another man and she does it or they presume she does.

Reminds me of one Super Story tale where Bukky Wright was asked to sleep with her husband's boss by the husband to save his job.

She didn't go through with it but the man despised her and ended up leaving her.

Let's be factual. Men can be ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Section1000: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
millieademi:

I understand she's a trophy wife but let's be realistic. Trophy wife or not, most men turn back to despise their wives when they urge her to have sexual relations with another man and she does it or they presume she does.

Reminds me of one Super Story tale where Bukky Wright was asked to sleep with her husband's boss by the husband to save his job.

She didn't go through with it but the man despised her and ended up leaving her.

Men can be what

Why leave the sentence Midway through?

����

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
millieademi:

men can be what? grin
it means it's just some men.. like you pointed out, bukky wright didn't go through with it and her husband still despised her still...
this kinda "excessiveness" doesn't just show up in the marriage, it has always lingered "in between".

3 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
millieademi:

Let's be factual, don't GENERALIZE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by millieademi: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2020
TallNerd:

Let's be factual, don't GENERALIZE.

I used the word men as a synecdoche. Using whole to refer to a part.

I'm not generalising....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by millieademi: 8:08am On Jul 20, 2020
Odoogu:

men can be what? grin
it means it's just some men.. like you pointed out, bukky wright didn't go through with it and her husband still despised her still...
this kinda "excessiveness" doesn't just show up in the marriage, it has always lingered "in between".

I'm at a loss for words

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2020
millieademi:

I'm at a loss for words

you don't need to.
we on the same page, I just believe things don't just turn awful in marriages due to "some" issues, but that those signs have always been there and either of them had intentionally or not concealed it and or the other, intentionally or not ignored it.
with reasons best known to them alone!
I may not be totally correct all the same.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by dawno2008(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seriously this behavior has nothing to do with gender,it's an individual thing, any manipulative partner can take advantage of love given to them.

We've seen cases of where women manipulate men and vice versa, so I don't support @millieademi's expression of "men can be........"

It's cos this story is showing Akwaugo's vulnerability,there are other stories of how some men had been on the receiving end.

Bottom line is a wicked partner will be wicked no matter the gender.

5 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by millieademi: 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
Odoogu:

you don't need to.
we on the same page, I just believe things don't just turn awful in marriages due to "some" issues, but that those signs have always been there and either of them had intentionally or not concealed it and or the other, intentionally or not ignored it.
with reasons best known to them alone!
I may not be totally correct all the same.

You are definitely correct.

Signs show themselves all the time but are most times excused, ignored or the one I detest most I can change him/her.

There's something Steve Harvey said about women and I feel it works both ways, ie both genders. You can always sense it. You just choose not to act on it
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by millieademi: 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
dawno2008:
Seriously this behavior has nothing to do with gender,it's an individual thing, any manipulative partner can take advantage of love given to them.

We've seen cases of where women manipulate men and vice versa, so I don't support @millieademi's expression of "men can be........"

It's cos this story is showing Akwaugo's vulnerability,there are other stories of how some men had been on the receiving end.

Bottom line is a wicked partner will be wicked no matter the gender.

True though.

But let me put this out there. I'm not sexist o. Cause I'm getting the feeling you guys think I am.

Since the character in question is male, I alluded to men, because frankly if we are realistic, women are more at the receiving end of hostility.

Take it or leave it.

Look back at history.

Now, I'm not saying women can't be manipulative bi*tches. (I'm working on a character like this)

Neither am I saying men tend to be more manipulative than women.

All I am saying or insisting on is:

Babe, when your man tries to push into a compromising situation with another man, don't do it. I don't think i''ve met the man who can come to terms with another man being with his woman.

C'est fini.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Khriztarl(f): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
millieademi:

Now, I'm not saying women can't be manipulative bi*tches. (I'm working on a character like this)

solidly behind you.

millieademi:

All I am saying or insisting on is:

Babe, when your man tries to push into a compromising situation with another man, don't do it. I don't think i''ve met the man who can come to terms with another man being with his woman.
exactly. Havn't met any either.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 8:23am On Jul 21, 2020
millieademi:

You are definitely correct.

Signs show themselves all the time but are most times excused, ignored or the one I detest most I can change him/her.

There's something Steve Harvey said about women and I feel it works both ways, ie both genders. You can always sense it. You just choose not to act on it

it's definitely both ways. sometimes you can't just define Love.
good morning and have a great day ahead.
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 21, 2020
Weldone rosemary
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by royalguy123(m): 10:03am On Jul 21, 2020
have you heard of the word EGO,men including me,we can't stand to hear that our partner is cheating on us not to talk of seeing it with our own eyes,but kudos to the female they will always understand and some of them will turn a deaf ear !
beside I already known it must come to this point cos mazie will be hunted all the days of his life for coaxing his wife to sleep with another man just to have children.
Akwaugo should have stood her ground not to heed to her husband plans,but the deeds had already been done ,
lesson in any relationship don't manipulates your partner to your bidding if you're in a very seriouse situations !!!!
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by millieademi: 11:09am On Jul 21, 2020
Odoogu:

it's definitely both ways. sometimes you can't just define Love.
good morning and have a great day ahead.

Likewise, dear.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
Chapter 12
Lagos

Humming tunelessly- he got down and launched few press ups beside his bed. Grabbed his towel and rushed into the bathroom. It was already eight in the morning, a clear and probably dry day. He had an insane desire to grab a little bag and leave town which he knew wasn’t possible. He dried his body- carefully picking a strain of gray from his hair, he would be forty-seven soon.

He tucked his white t-shirt in his black chinos pant, hung his suit on his shoulder, gave his reflection another glance before leaving. ‘Not bad’ he smiled at himself as he walked into the waiting car.

If he was lucky- the meeting with the bank and the Anti-graft agency would be over in an hour or two

“You have an appointment with the minister of transport later today sir…and with your designer in the evening” his secretary had reminded him over the phone.

“This invitation just came for you sir” Favor followed him into the office

“Open it” he said with out looking. Cold air caressed his skin as he stepped into his office. Perfect- his eyes swept the office and he nodded. Sank on his seat “So what does the card say?” he whooshed air out of his mouth.

“You are in good spirit sir?”

His face lit up, tapping his fingers on the desk “The odds are on my side Favor- the social media is on fire on this DSS case and all branches of Mobrit Bank will be very busy for some weeks…” he inhaled deeply “Meanwhile the bank has decided to meet, they can not deal with massive withdrawal and closure of accounts” his eyes shone

“I hope it works sir”

He pulled his frame up “Oh it will, they are finally calling for a meeting” he guffawed “You reminded me of it yourself” she nodded, the sealed envelope still with her “So what is the invite saying?”

“Oh” she opened the envelope, narrowed her eyes as she read out the message “From Lady Madonna sir” she said “…Sunday”

“It’s okay Favor, check my appointments and let me know if I will be free that time”. She nodded and turned to leave

“Er…one more thing sir?” she faced him again

He arched his brows

“This” she brought out the box- sealed in a in a thick while cellophane and secured with a sellotape. She placed it on his desk “I got a call two days ago from the dealer who made it…I felt it means something to you so I asked for it…”

“What is it?” he didn’t touch it

“The trinket I sent to you last Christmas, it cost me an arm to get it back, you owe me a refund sir” she left the office.

His face darkened, afraid of what he may do if he set his eye on it, he left it there. There was only one reason this could find its way back to him- SHE SOLD IT!

Nnewi

“I sold it”

The rusty hinges of the worn-out blue gate clapped shut. It was drizzling, Akwaugo stepped out of her compound looked down the road, let out a shaky breath and set out to meet Nwamaka. She may not like her so much but she was the only option she had if she had to make the call.
she tapped her brown purse which leather had almost peeled off, assuring herself that his card was still there, she propped her protruded stomach and continued. The money she had made from the sale had remained in an envelope on top of their old wooden table the next morning, everyone avoiding it like a meat sacrificed to the gods. Until this morning she woke up and didn’t see it.

“Oga has gone to Onitcha” one of the apprentices had told her

“And you…where are you people going?” she had asked

“Oga sent us to Nwokedi, he has secured one of his shops, we are going to clean it” she had quietly gone inside until they left.

She should be happy- her husband has finally gotten some sense, but she felt like an ungrateful fellow, a dubious user.

She met Nwamaka’s Mother with the Oyibo children throwing pebbles on ripe Ube fruits on top of the tree, a smile tugged her lips as the children flung pebbles which would only land few feet from where they stood.

“Ututu Oma nne” she greeted, Nwamaka walked out- rubbing her sleep-swollen eyes.

“Nwamaka Good morning”

“Ha! Did you wake up with the cockerels?”

“Its already Nine in the morning” she leaned on the pavement. She felt Nwamaka’s eyes on her

“Pregnancy doesn’t suit you Akwa…you look sick” she said and sat beside her

“At least I am pregnant, I will regain what I lost once the child comes” she cleared her throat “Amaka please can you lend me you phone? I want to call someone” she clamped her palms together before Nwamaka “Please Nwannem it is very important”

Nwamaka narrowed her eyes “Did someone die?

“No! not at all”

“How is Mezie?”

“Mezie is doing well, he went to Onitcha this morning” she placed her palm on the pavement, supporting her weight with them “He would soon start business again” that was why the money disappeared and he had traveled.

Nwamaka smiled “Okay o…you want to call him then” she jumped down and entered inside “You will pay me o…” she said as she handed the phone to her “Hope you know how to use it”

“I have used a phone before” she took the phone from her, gazing at it in confusion

“Not this type Akwa” Nwamaka laughed “here is the keys…soft touch”

Akwa grinned, “It has to be inside…” he eyes darted round the compound with concern.

“Come” she followed Nwamaka inside- waited for her footsteps to go faint as she left, before she brought out the card and dialed his number.

“Hi, who is this?”

His rich deep voice sent shiver down her spine; her body went still. She didn’t expect his voice could have such effect on her after a long time- they where supposed to have moved on, yet- the sound from him- his breath from the other end left her weak.

“It’s me sir…Akwaugo”

‘silence

She waited- only heavy breath. Maybe she shouldn’t have, he didn’t expect her to call…he may even be with his woman. She had thought she owe it to him- letting him know she sold the gold, now she wasn’t so sure

“Akwaugo” his voice came up, making her hairs stood “I have waited for you to call for a long time”

Her pulse raced. She couldn’t stay with him for long “I called to tell you something”

“What happened? Are you okay?”

She shook off the wetness in her eyes and sniffed “I sold it” she waited for him to shout- scold or something, ‘Heavy breaths’ “I didn’t want to but…there was nothing I could do” her voice shook

‘Silence’

“My Husband- he lost everything in the fire, I couldn’t watch him kill himself”

‘Silence’

“I am Sorry …” she knew he was there- listening. His next question baffled her

“Are you with child now?”

She gasped

He stroked the trinket and reminisce on the turn of event- she had called him just to inform him she sold his gift, for what? A husband- her husband. He wanted to be mad but couldn’t, he had seen women do things for the men they love- his late wife did same, he shook his head, she was nice enough to tell him.

“Akwa m” her voice still excites him, he wet his lips and cast a glance on the package that contained the trinket- lay on the chair beside him in his car. did she ever use it? did it remind her of him? That was the idea- he wanted her to have a little of him.

A one time of sex wasn’t enough- not for him, and maybe not for her, except…

Are you with child now?” that was why he had asked, and her hesitation was all he needed. She was with Child, even though she didn’t answer. Morgan laughed softly; they had made something beautiful- a child! ‘An abomination’ his thought challenged ‘A sign’ he corrected

“We didn’t make love sir; you only helped your fellow man” she had said

“No Akwam- we made love and a child is growing” he muttered “My Child”

“Another man’s Child according to tradition’

“Fate didn’t bring us together just to birth another man’s child”

“You did what?”

She had eavesdropped- she couldn’t help it and she felt like shaking Akwaugo till her senseless head fall to the sandy floor.

“How could you do that? Do you know what that is worth?”

“That is why I sold it, My husband needed help Nwamaka…I couldn’t allow him perish”

Nwamaka hissed “I thought you said it belong to someone?” Akwaugo Avoided her gaze “How much did you sell it?” she looked at Akwaugo sternly

“It doesn’t matter Amaka- Mezie has money to start over again, that is what matters to me”

“You are a fool” she spat out, snatched her phone from her and walked away.

One thing gave her joy though, she has a number secured safely in her phone- the person that gave her the trinket. Her lips curled up in a smirk- she would give it time, then she would place the call…she wondered what to say to him, what lie would be suitable.

It was a game she knew how to play, she would not allow this slip off her

15 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Dacaller: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2020
thanks a lot.....
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by skubido(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Lakesc: 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for the update... Morgan really want to claim the child, seems like Mezie woes haven't ended..
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by FortunateB(f): 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
A time is coming when Morgan will publicly claim what is his then mezie should be ready to hang himself or excommunicated.
Poor Akwaugo, she just want to have a family in the stupid and self-centred man.
Amaka will so enjoy the game by lying that Akwa is sick and needs money

Thanks for the update, I was excited when I saw it. Weldone.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
looks like blindly in love kills faster than not having common sense.
Akwaugo will turn a pawn in this brewing game or she would at least make that decision she's been stupidly avoiding.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Vulcanheph(m): 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
First of all, captivating story....i Abandoned the literature section for a long time due to the atitude of the writers , thanks for restoring my faith...
i Have read every story on your profile and i've been so mesmerized by every single one it, especially the one called "VICTIMS", that story needs to be published because apart from the Thrilling it was, i couldn't help but realise how accurate it was in capturing the political/religious situation of Nigeria, the story broke me Emotionally , i strongly feel that every religious fanatic out there both christian and Muslim need to read it....
As for this particular story i will reserve my comment untill the end.......
Finally i noticed that you seem to like the name "AMAKA" very much because there is a character with that name in almost all your stories gringringrin

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Samamerc(f): 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for the update dear.
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Vulcanheph:
First of all, captivating story....i Abandoned the literature section for a long time due to the atitude of the writers , thanks for restoring my faith...
i Have read every story on your profile and i've been so mesmerized by every single one it, especially the one called "VICTIMS", that story needs to be published because apart from the Thrilling it was, i couldn't help but realise how accurate it was in capturing the political/religious situation of Nigeria, the story broke me Emotionally , i strongly feel that every religious fanatic out there both christian and Muslim need to read it....
As for this particular story i will reserve my comment untill the end.......
Finally i noticed that you seem to like the name "AMAKA" very much because there is a character with that name in almost all your stories gringringrin
grin grin grin I have a sister named Amaka. Nice observation o
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by tijehi(f): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thank you for the update.
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Puvo: 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
I'm speechless
I'll comment later
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nmezor(f): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for the update Dear
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ann2012(f): 3:22am On Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Joyfulgal: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for the update but Akwaugo is a little bit carefree. It will cost her a fortune
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2020
I want to apologise for not posting tonight. I have this story coming out August 12th and I am working under a thin deadline on the finishing.

Hopefully will drop something tomorrow Biko nu.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (43) (Reply)

*The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.