Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles (27172 Views)

Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: How Much Dollars Did You Pay PDP For Governorship Ticket? / Saraki And His Unending Political Battles - Newtelegraphonline. / 2019: Godfathers In Political Battles With Godsons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Koskio(m): 12:47am On Jun 27, 2020
Sodiq Oyeleke

The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has described the challenges he faced before getting a ticket to contest the 2020 governorship election in the state as “epic political battles”.

The governor noted that he was “dragged and forced into the battles”.

He said this in a statement on Friday to commend members of the Peoples Democratic Party for electing him as their candidate in the forthcoming gubernatorial election in the state.

The PUNCH reports that Obaseki defected to the PDP after the All Progressives Congress disqualified him from participating in its primary election.

The screening and appeal committees of the APC had claimed that there were
discrepancies in the certificate of the governor.
Upon defecting to the PDP, he was sued over the waiver granted him by the party in a court.

Obaseki said it took the “relentless support” of leaders and members of PDP for him to survive the “battle”.

The governor reassured that his administration would continue to pursue programmes and policies aimed at improving the lives of the majority of Edo people.

Obaseki said, “This victory is our collective victory and I urge our people to remain vigilant as we kick-start our campaigns for the main election. I appeal to you to remain steadfast in your convictions to enable us to win the war ahead just as we have won several battles together.

“My dear people of Edo State, leaders and members of our great party, the PDP, I thank you all for your support and for electing me as the flagbearer of our party in the September governorship election.

“How could I have survived the epic political battles that I was dragged and forced into, in the last one year, without you, my people, solidly behind me ? I thank my party delegates, who stood all through the day and night, to vote me as the party’s candidate.

“I salute leaders of the party who set aside their ambitions in the interest of party unity and the progress of our state.

“I thank every Edo man, woman, our resilient youth, home and abroad for making the fight for my emergence, their own. You invested your resources and raised your voices to support my aspiration even in the face of threats and intimidation.”

Obaseki had on Thursday emerged the candidate of the PDP in the 2020 governorship election, polling 1,952 votes to win the party s primary election.

A total of 2,234 delegates from the 192 wards and 18 Local Government Areas of Edo State participated in the election, with the governor as the only candidate on the ballot, after three other candidates stepped down for him.

Announcing the result of the election, the PDP Edo Primary Election Committee chairman and Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, declared the governor as the winner of the contest after securing over 90 percent of the available votes.

https://punchng.com/how-i-survived-epic-political-battles-obaseki/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by SpacehubTech: 1:00am On Jun 27, 2020
We will not take it, you're apc apologist cheesy

Please PM Spacehub technologies for your mobile app and web development at a competitive price.

See below

https://www.nairaland.com/5934029/created-stock-management-software-offline

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by KanwuliaBaby: 1:09am On Jun 27, 2020
The best of the battles is yet to come o!

APCheats RIGGING MACHINE! grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Nobody: 2:32am On Jun 27, 2020
you never suvive wait untill after election

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by OVB123: 3:31am On Jun 27, 2020
I am please with the way you were able to handle oshiomhole and his political machineries. May Almighty God grant u wisdom to be able to overcome them and come september 22 election, u will be returned to continue your good work. God blessed u, God blessed Edo state and blessed Nigeria IJN. Amen!

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by uniqueboi1(m): 3:32am On Jun 27, 2020
Even if you lose election you have my respect. It's not easy not to be a coward these days given the precedence set by ambode. You have done well. I wish you all the best.

184 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by whytediamond(m): 4:32am On Jun 27, 2020
They don't ever discuss on what they did or will do for the masses. Nahhhh.

It's always about them. What a shame.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by bigt2(m): 4:33am On Jun 27, 2020
Thia is hilarious. They cross borders like apc AND PDP arent the same... SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Kceeboss(m): 4:35am On Jun 27, 2020
I pray he wins.He looks more like a gentleman to me unlike OshoThug

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by ursullalinda(f): 4:35am On Jun 27, 2020
Oba calm down......The main battle still dey front.....focus!......I want Osho disgraced once and for all......I hate people playing god.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Jabioro: 4:37am On Jun 27, 2020
The beginning of all battles ..what you have at hand now was a gun without bullet..get a bullets,the sharp shooters and target right..

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Yankee101: 4:38am On Jun 27, 2020
Too soon to start rejoicing

Battle dey front

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Unruffledgrace(m): 4:38am On Jun 27, 2020
Good luck to you
For me, I am not interested in either PDP or APC, not interested in either who governs this country or even the country itself...I am just moving on with my life

Politician keep looting and get hailed for it

Las Las, we will all answer to God....Ajimobi, the constituted authority comes to mind

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by ThompsonJoo: 4:38am On Jun 27, 2020
4+4

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by mooremoney(m): 4:39am On Jun 27, 2020
U are very lucky sir, u made a fast move and PDP accepted u immediately although we all know enough billions was paid. But I'm so sorry for Tinubu he has been used like always

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by BABANGBALI: 4:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Walahi talahi all these politicians no get shame and they are all the same. No wonder Nigeria just dey for one place dey dance palongo since 1960. Vickyrotex abi kini mo wi?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by humblesifon(m): 4:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Congratulations courageous,wise and favoured one.
Even Mr. Rice gave up his ambition for yours.
If you read to this point,men and women will step down for you to step up in Jesus name, Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by TreasureJunky: 4:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Obaseki till 2024

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Trumpcard05: 4:45am On Jun 27, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by kahal29: 4:46am On Jun 27, 2020
Obaseki and his tax collectors have been plotting baseless schemes to disqualify Pastor Ize Iyamu from the race because they are afraid of him. But that has been laid to rest today. He will contest and he is going to beat them silly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaRo7FXssSs

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by kahal29: 4:47am On Jun 27, 2020
The remnants Obaseki left in the APC to cause confusion with baseless court cases have been rendered impotent now that the President has called for the withdrawal of all legal suits. Victory is certain for POI. Now, Edo APC is in a great position to evict tax collectors in September.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:48am On Jun 27, 2020
It is not over until it's over. Brace up for more
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by 12345baba(m): 4:50am On Jun 27, 2020
Yankee101:
Too soon to start rejoicing

Battle dey front
he has to rejoice o. E no easy to get party ticket
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by hisexcellency34: 4:50am On Jun 27, 2020
I see him getting sympathy votes

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by ZACHIE: 4:51am On Jun 27, 2020
Have you survived?
Chill.
Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by muykem: 4:53am On Jun 27, 2020
uniqueboi1:
Even if you lose election you have my respect. It's not easy not to be a coward these days given the precedence set by ambode. You have done well. I wish you all the best.
What he is going to do with your respect? Where is Saraki you respected so much now? This is the biggest problem of IPOB, they place ego over substance.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by Auxtin85(m): 4:53am On Jun 27, 2020
kahal29:
Obaseki and his tax collectors have been plotting baseless schemes to disqualify Pastor Ize Iyamu from the race because they are afraid of him. But that has been laid to rest today. He will contest and he is going to beat them silly!

Why do you enjoy evil? The Edo people are not fools a thief in 2016 can’t be a saint in 2020

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by jaxxy(m): 4:56am On Jun 27, 2020
Well spoken Governor wey get sense.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles by uniqueboi1(m): 4:57am On Jun 27, 2020
muykem:
What he is going to do with your respect? Where is Saraki you respected so much now? This is the biggest problem of IPOB, they place ego over substance.

Will you get out of my mention you zombie grin you no face your failed life leave ipob and saraki to mind their business? Don't mention me again o.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke: Top Three Dance Performances Of The Senator-Elect / Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal / Hausa/Fulani Youth Forum Protests Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.