Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,885 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States (80556 Views)

American Lady Shuts Down Nigerian Women Advising Her Against Dating Nigerian Men / American Lady Reveals Why She Loves Dating Nigerian Men Over Her Countrymen(vid) / What Has Been Your Experience Dating Nigerian Girls From Poor Homes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by flyingpig: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbey621:
I'll give you my own experience having lived and worked in the USA for over a decade now. THEY ARE THE WORST! The write up that they visit 9ja every six month is pure fantasy....Many don't even know what the airport in Lagos is called. Many don't even have a Nigerian passport or know how to get a Nigerian visa. Forget about the celebs you mentioned and focus on the majority, the average Nnkechi or Kemi held down with student loans and entry level jobs, these ones will gladly eat eba or jollof but will never give up their Red Lobster or other American delicacies.

Furthermore, I've discovered that most of them only like to be Nigerian by name but when it comes to actually doing things that encompasses the Nigerian female such as respecting elders/in-laws, taking care of the home, investing back in 9ja for the future they FAIL astonishingly.

Last but not least, whether it is a Nigerian girl picked from 9ja or one who came here as a child or was born here, individuality matters. There's no general consensus, just like we have many mad people that are whites or black Americans, same goes for Nigerian females. Sometimes it is like rolling dices, you might roll double six and hit the jackpot but most times you end up with numbers closer to 1 grin grin grin

Funny expressiongrin
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:

I’ve never met a Nigerian American(born and raised in the US) that uses bleaching cream tho.

I didn't say Nigerian American though...

And no, Nigerian American are just like their African American brethren. You can never see them bleach.

They are so super proud of their melanin-rich skin.

Unlike those at home who feel inferior with their skin color and think they look more beautiful when they are lighter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Crispels(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbey621:
I'll give you my own experience having lived and worked in the USA for over a decade now. THEY ARE THE WORST! The write up that they visit 9ja every six month is pure fantasy....Many don't even know what the airport in Lagos is called. Many don't even have a Nigerian passport or know how to get a Nigerian visa. Forget about the celebs you mentioned and focus on the majority, the average Nnkechi or Kemi held down with student loans and entry level jobs, these ones will gladly eat eba or jollof but will never give up their Red Lobster or other American delicacies.

Furthermore, I've discovered that most of them only like to be Nigerian by name but when it comes to actually doing things that encompasses the Nigerian female such as respecting elders/in-laws, taking care of the home, investing back in 9ja for the future they FAIL astonishingly.

Last but not least, whether it is a Nigerian girl picked from 9ja or one who came here as a child or was born here, individuality matters. There's no general consensus, just like we have many mad people that are whites or black Americans, same goes for Nigerian females. Sometimes it is like rolling dices, you might roll double six and hit the jackpot but most times you end up with numbers closer to 1 grin grin grin

Which part of the US do you live in? I never said all Nigerian Americans have Nigerian passports but I said the ones I have met and the ones around me all go to Naija every year. I have also met some who only eat Nigerian food. It all ultimately boils down to the upbringing tho.

7 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:
Nigerian-Americans to a very large extent, are Nigerians who were born and/or raised by Nigerian parents in the United States. Most of them were born to Nigerian immigrant families - many of whom migrated to Yankee during the ”visa lottery and green card regime”. Some prominent Nigerian American girls are Tomi Adeyemi, Chineye Ogwumike, Nneka Ogwumike, Arike Ogunbowale, Oyinye Iweala and many more.

In the course of my experience studying and living in America, I’ve interacted with so many Nigerian-Americans and these are some of my observations.

This thread is a response to previous threads on dating African Americans and immigrant Nigerian women(those who migrated to the US from Naija as adults - some in their late 20s and some in their early 30s, 40s etc) in the USA. This particular thread could help guide prospective Nigerian foreign students or immigrants in America - who hope to end up with one of their sisters or brothers that were born and raised in the diaspora.

(1). Most of them(Nigerian-Americans) are more Nigerian than you think.

There is an erroneous belief among many Nigerians back home who feel once people leave Nigeria - they stop being a Nigerian. To be honest, I'm more Nigerian right now than I was while growing up in Naija. For many Nigerian-Americans, the story is the same. Most(not all) of the Nigerian-Americans I’ve met here are so deeply rooted in the Nigerian culture that I'm sometimes left in awe. Many of them have Nigerian flags in their apartments and if you check their Instagram profiles - you are very likely to see the smiley of a Nigerian flag there. And please: don't think ”patriotism is sweet from the abroad”.

There are many Nigerian-Americans who go home every 6months - they know how difficult things could be in Naija but the reality is: once you have a Nigerian ancestry - you and your descendants are forever Nigerians. Thus, you can never disassociate yourself from your roots. Unless you just want to foo.l yourself. I know of Nigerian immigrants (with a US green card) who left the US(sold their properties) and returned to Naija to hustle because living abroad does not feel like home to many Nigerians.

In states like Texas, Maryland, New York, Georgia, California, Illinois, and others with tens of thousands of Nigerians, it is common to meet Nigerian-American girls who eat only Nigerian food(they don't like American food despite being born and raised there). They also know the songs of Davido, Wiz Kid, Burna Boy, Tiwa, Falz, Zlatan, Naira Marley and the likes in manners typical of a Lagos babe. That explains why whenever these Naija artistes come to the US - their concerts are usually sold out. Nigerian -Americans no dey joke with Afrobeat music oo.

(2). Nigerian -American girls are super ambitious and successful

Wait! If you are a Naija guy hoping to date a Naija-Americana, you better up your game now! These girls are not joking mehn. 99% of the Nigerian-American girls around me are all pursuing careers that pay at least 6-figures annually. There was a Nigerian-American girl I met in New York. She had her first degree from Harvard. An MPH(Master of Public Health) from Yale and she's about resuming medical school at another ivy league school. In a system like America, with the field she plans to work in, such a fellow is likely to end up earning at least $500,000 pay in a few years. Her story is similar to that of most Nigerian-American girls here. I have never met a Naija-Americana who is not interested in higher degrees or high paying careers in America like medicine, nursing, tech, finance, pharmacy, sports, business/investment/investment banking, trade, engineering, consulting, etc.

So, if you plan to date/marry a Naija-Americana, you must be ambitious, honest, and hardworking. Otherwise, you go play second fiddle tire.

(3). Their parents and family are heavily involved in their lives.

One of the major reasons why they are super successful is because of their parents. Most Nigerian-Americans live in America but they were raised in Nigerian homes. Thus, many of their parents raised them like Naija kids - read your books. Work hard. Be excellent and always aim for the top. Pursue high-paying careers. All of these coupled with the enabling environment and opportunities that America provides make them who they are. Many of their parents give them the specs of the husbands/wives they want them to have. I’ve seen cases where Nigerian-American girls refused to date guys because they were not ambitious and successful enough. In fact, within the Nigerian community here, there is ”elitism”(if you are a young Nigerian chap and you are not well educated or you don't have a good-paying career job, many Nigerian-Americans won't even roll with you. This is a story for another day).

(4). They don't really need your money.

They want you to be successful. Be well educated and have a great career but they don't plan to leech off you. To the basics. Whenever I go out with Nigerian-American girls here, they always want to pay for their own food and drinks. In fact, some of them have offered to pay for mine - even though I invited them for lunch/dinner. I’ve had arguments with a few of them for always wanting to split bills when I was the one who planned the treat. Hence, don't expect them to disturb you for money related to makeup, hair, accessories, and the likes. Although, it is always good to surprise them with gifts and flowers - if you plan to date or marry any of them.

(5).Many of them place a premium on physical features(being tall is a big deal to them)

Especially when they are young(let's say below the age of 25), many Nigerian-American girls love guys with certain physical features like height(6’7 tall), muscles, beards and the likes. They love guys that are athletic and super clean. So, apart from being career-driven, be prepared to hit the gym to grow some mass if you wan see them date. cheesy
Although, as they grow older, they tend to care less about these physical features. Regardless, they always love and prefer tall and clean guys who have great careers. Their ideal man is a guy who is physically appealing, clean, intelligent, career-driven and has a great taste of fashion.

(6). They are not your cooks or slaves

This is the American part of them. If you know you want a wife that will constantly cook for you, clean the house and do other numerous chores. Sorry. Most Nigerian-American girls are not for you. You, as a man must learn how to cook as well. Clean the bathroom. Wash dishes and other ways you could be of assistance to her. They are not your typical ”villa girls”. If you plan to date/marry a Nigerian-American babe, be prepared to split the cookings/chores - the same way you will always split many of your bills.

(7). They can be sometimes arrogant and snobby

Many of them can ghost guys for Africa sha especially when they find you socially awkward or not possessing the physical features they desire in their man or you don't look like what they prefer. I find this to be somewhat childish tho. It's part of the unnecessary ”growing class division” within the Nigerian community here.

(cool. Treat them right. Take good care of them and support them. They are our sisters and brothers!

CAVEAT: These points were made based on my own personal experience. Another person may have a slightly different experience. ONE LOVE NAIJA ❤️.

It's good that you stated 6 & 7, at least so that some of us can be aware. Me, I plan a full Nigerian family and don't care whether anyone thinks I'm a typical 1970s naija baba. So, I actually don't care about any one's success if it will compromise my "full naija ideal". So, for instance, arrogance, shoddy and the other rubbish doesn't work with me...And I don't care if the person's GPA was 4/4 at Harvard or 5/5 at MIT. Also, the lady must cook and clean..I know how to do these things and can help out, but splitting chores with me - no way. I would rather go for just an OK somebody who meets my own ideals and I too meet their ideals than go for some "overly successful" person whose outlook compromises my ideals. Meanwhile, I agree with points 1 - 8 minus 6 & 7.

Ko le work...I understand oyinbo guys don't mind such, so maybe they can go for them.

Anyway, to each his own.

Good points overall - just wanted to add that there are many Nigerian girls here doing well and who do not fall into 6 & 7. But many tend to come her for work or study rather than being born here. I also hear that many of the ones you described, they avoid and snob Naija guys who are looking for "green card" marriage. And many do this, sometimes to their detriment. One guy told me a Texas Naija lady, after he approached her, just assumed he was interested in her because of wanted green card. lol. A guy that already got H1B to green card from his company. The lady later got to know the bobo no need green card oo and was trying to right wrongs, but bobo has moved on. Successful naija guys have principles and values. They too won't compromise.

Notwithstanding sha, if I see naija girl that fits your 1 - 8 minus 6&7, and meets my other personality test, omo I will try to know her "more better".

26 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Miracle112(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
OP is 100% correct.
Currently m dating a Nigerian raised in American Girl and believe me babe is good.
Everything Op said is true

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by RTSC: 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
I heard that they are very arrogant, just like you have said.

If I go to America, the last thing I would do is date a Nigerian lady.

I have been with them all my life.

5 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
Interesting thread... cheesy
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Ebenezerk2: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
I totally agreed with the writer except 2 major things, maybe he wanted to say 5.7 height at least, it’s very rare to see someone with 6.7 height, and also they like to cook, even if they don’t know how to cook certain foods, they would want to learn it because they know that men look at this in them before dating any of them, but you have to help in household activities as he rightly said, I learned that here

7 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by lamentor78(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
They should date themselves, I prefer my local babe here, ....oh their parents they look for husband for their daughters back home it can't work.....make dem carry their bad manner marry trump

8 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:

You missed the post. The Nigerian-Americans we are talking about here are Nigerian girls who were born and raised in the US. I'm not talking about those that migrated to the US from Nigeria as adults - those ones are usually described as immigrants. But the children of these immigrants are often described as ”first-generation Nigerian Americans”. There are big differences. That was why I used first generation Nigerian-Americans like Tomi Adeyemi and Nneka Ogwumike as examples.
The parents of those Nigerian girls you are talking about they're immigrants who migrated from Nigeria. They're still immigrants by context.
But op those Nigerian girls you are talking about are mostly the elite in Nigeria who migrated in the USA or those through lottery, or scholarships (those who excel through academics).
OP I think the line should be drawn on this certainties because not all of them born in the USA is on the same bracket. same way the line is drawn when an African American want to marry a Caucasian or asia, the same certainty is used. That's the system that's used not only Nigerians because the USA is highly competitive in the type of job's, class, employment. This is just my own opinion I decided to add.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Depressed101: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
punisha:
OP u also missed out the part where these people can fight. Even the weakest of them here in Nigeria becomes a wrestler once in America.
They become slightly violent and can be impatient.
grin there is this my friend that keeps posting thier fight on his whatsapp status come see fight, they even pass out. And they don't care
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:

No one should bash Naija-based girls or guys. Life is a process.
But the reality is: within the larger American fabric, most of these Nigerian-Americans identify as NIGERIANS within America because people know there is no way their roots are in America - not when your names give you away as someone of Nigerian descent.

If you watch video interviews of famous Nigerian-Americans like Tomi Adeyemi or Nneka Ogwumike, they usually introduce themselves as Nigerians even though they are Americans by birth and upbringing. Some of my cousins were born in North America and they’ve lived here for over 25years now and some days ago: I saw how one of my cousins introduced herself to a Zoom meeting as ”a Nigerian who grew up in the US”. Being Nigerian or African is not as simple as most people think. Our ancestral roots are really strong.

In essence, when we use terms like ”Nigerian girls or Nigerian guys”, we cannot limit it to only Nigerians who live in Nigeria - to a very large extent - from the prism of the global community: such terms describe Nigerians in the diaspora as well.

You're correct - although I only first left Nigeria 11 years ago, wherever I am, I identify fully as Nigerian (taking the shame and glory that come with this) and don't do that rubbish accent thingy (I kukuma don't have foreign accent). So yes, our roots are strong. I plan for my future kids to have such outlook too. And I will return to Nigeria in a few decades from now..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by freddaboh(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
iLegendd:
Read.

Forget career women — passive income women is what we want. She must know how to cook, f*ck, and stay faithful.

Whenever we need abroad, we can always go on vacation to any country we want.
That's correct bro.
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Crispels(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
Miracle112:
OP is 100% correct.
Currently m dating a Nigerian raised in American Girl and believe me babe is good.
Everything Op said is true

Are you based in the US or you dey run the package remotely? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by lightpurple: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:
Nigerian-Americans to a very large extent, are Nigerians who were born and/or raised by Nigerian parents in the United States. Most of them were born to Nigerian immigrant families - many of whom migrated to Yankee during the ”visa lottery and green card regime”. Some prominent Nigerian American girls are Tomi Adeyemi, Chineye Ogwumike, Nneka Ogwumike, Arike Ogunbowale, Oyinye Iweala and many more.

In the course of my experience studying and living in America, I’ve interacted with so many Nigerian-Americans and these are some of my observations.

This thread is a response to previous threads on dating African Americans and immigrant Nigerian women(those who migrated to the US from Naija as adults - some in their late 20s and some in their early 30s, 40s etc) in the USA. This particular thread could help guide prospective Nigerian foreign students or immigrants in America - who hope to end up with one of their sisters or brothers that were born and raised in the diaspora.

(1). Most of them(Nigerian-Americans) are more Nigerian than you think.

There is an erroneous belief among many Nigerians back home who feel once people leave Nigeria - they stop being a Nigerian. To be honest, I'm more Nigerian right now than I was while growing up in Naija. For many Nigerian-Americans, the story is the same. Most(not all) of the Nigerian-Americans I’ve met here are so deeply rooted in the Nigerian culture that I'm sometimes left in awe. Many of them have Nigerian flags in their apartments and if you check their Instagram profiles - you are very likely to see the smiley of a Nigerian flag there. And please: don't think ”patriotism is sweet from the abroad”.

There are many Nigerian-Americans who go home every 6months - they know how difficult things could be in Naija but the reality is: once you have a Nigerian ancestry - you and your descendants are forever Nigerians. Thus, you can never disassociate yourself from your roots. Unless you just want to foo.l yourself. I know of Nigerian immigrants (with a US green card) who left the US(sold their properties) and returned to Naija to hustle because living abroad does not feel like home to many Nigerians.

In states like Texas, Maryland, New York, Georgia, California, Illinois, and others with tens of thousands of Nigerians, it is common to meet Nigerian-American girls who eat only Nigerian food(they don't like American food despite being born and raised there). They also know the songs of Davido, Wiz Kid, Burna Boy, Tiwa, Falz, Zlatan, Naira Marley and the likes in manners typical of a Lagos babe. That explains why whenever these Naija artistes come to the US - their concerts are usually sold out. Nigerian -Americans no dey joke with Afrobeat music oo.

(2). Nigerian -American girls are super ambitious and successful

Wait! If you are a Naija guy hoping to date a Naija-Americana, you better up your game now! These girls are not joking mehn. 99% of the Nigerian-American girls around me are all pursuing careers that pay at least 6-figures annually. There was a Nigerian-American girl I met in New York. She had her first degree from Harvard. An MPH(Master of Public Health) from Yale and she's about resuming medical school at another ivy league school. In a system like America, with the field she plans to work in, such a fellow is likely to end up earning at least $500,000 pay in a few years. Her story is similar to that of most Nigerian-American girls here. I have never met a Naija-Americana who is not interested in higher degrees or high paying careers in America like medicine, nursing, tech, finance, pharmacy, sports, business/investment/investment banking, trade, engineering, consulting, etc.

So, if you plan to date/marry a Naija-Americana, you must be ambitious, honest, and hardworking. Otherwise, you go play second fiddle tire.

(3). Their parents and family are heavily involved in their lives.

One of the major reasons why they are super successful is because of their parents. Most Nigerian-Americans live in America but they were raised in Nigerian homes. Thus, many of their parents raised them like Naija kids - read your books. Work hard. Be excellent and always aim for the top. Pursue high-paying careers. All of these coupled with the enabling environment and opportunities that America provides make them who they are. Many of their parents give them the specs of the husbands/wives they want them to have. I’ve seen cases where Nigerian-American girls refused to date guys because they were not ambitious and successful enough. In fact, within the Nigerian community here, there is ”elitism”(if you are a young Nigerian chap and you are not well educated or you don't have a good-paying career job, many Nigerian-Americans won't even roll with you. This is a story for another day).

(4). They don't really need your money.

They want you to be successful. Be well educated and have a great career but they don't plan to leech off you. To the basics. Whenever I go out with Nigerian-American girls here, they always want to pay for their own food and drinks. In fact, some of them have offered to pay for mine - even though I invited them for lunch/dinner. I’ve had arguments with a few of them for always wanting to split bills when I was the one who planned the treat. Hence, don't expect them to disturb you for money related to makeup, hair, accessories, and the likes. Although, it is always good to surprise them with gifts and flowers - if you plan to date or marry any of them.

(5).Many of them place a premium on physical features(being tall is a big deal to them)

Especially when they are young(let's say below the age of 25), many Nigerian-American girls love guys with certain physical features like height(6’7 tall), muscles, beards and the likes. They love guys that are athletic and super clean. So, apart from being career-driven, be prepared to hit the gym to grow some mass if you wan see them date. cheesy
Although, as they grow older, they tend to care less about these physical features. Regardless, they always love and prefer tall and clean guys who have great careers. Their ideal man is a guy who is physically appealing, clean, intelligent, career-driven and has a great taste of fashion.

(6). They are not your cooks or slaves

This is the American part of them. If you know you want a wife that will constantly cook for you, clean the house and do other numerous chores. Sorry. Most Nigerian-American girls are not for you. You, as a man must learn how to cook as well. Clean the bathroom. Wash dishes and other ways you could be of assistance to her. They are not your typical ”villa girls”. If you plan to date/marry a Nigerian-American babe, be prepared to split the cookings/chores - the same way you will always split many of your bills.

(7). They can be sometimes arrogant and snobby

Many of them can ghost guys for Africa sha especially when they find you socially awkward or not possessing the physical features they desire in their man or you don't look like what they prefer. I find this to be somewhat childish tho. It's part of the unnecessary ”growing class division” within the Nigerian community here.

(cool. Treat them right. Take good care of them and support them. They are our sisters and brothers!

CAVEAT: These points were made based on my own personal experience. Another person may have a slightly different experience. ONE LOVE NAIJA ❤️.

Lock down really kicking your butt here huh
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Gerrard59(m): 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
Interesting thread.
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Salvofthesouth(m): 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
olisaEze:
Nice write up Op, news about Naija shouldn’t be all about scammers and the likes.

But for me, I’m not going to date any Naija gal that just moved to the states neither am I going to bring any gal over as wife! Those ones have been so totally Nigerianized that they’re worse than the real Akata! Even buhari will be shocked at what those ones are capable of subjecting an honest Naija broda to. But for d Naija guys in yankee, we dey try sha grin. I’ve seen some other African dudes claiming Naija when dey think dey can get away with it. Funny how their folks back in their countries keep hating on us. grin

Dora Akunyili (May her soul continue to RIP) said it all; Naija Good People, Great Nation!!
olisaEze:
Nice write up Op, news about Naija shouldn’t be all about scammers and the likes.

But for me, I’m not going to date any Naija gal that just moved to the states neither am I going to bring any gal over as wife! Those ones have been so totally Nigerianized that they’re worse than the real Akata! Even buhari will be shocked at what those ones are capable of subjecting an honest Naija broda to. But for d Naija guys in yankee, we dey try sha grin. I’ve seen some other African dudes claiming Naija when dey think dey can get away with it. Funny how their folks back in their countries keep hating on us. grin

Dora Akunyili (May her soul continue to RIP) said it all; Naija Good People, Great Nation!!
olisaEze:

This is the only interesting comments I've seen so far.. The ones living here keep hating on Nigerians but want to feel cool claiming to be one out there lol

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
punisha:
OP u also missed out the part where these people can fight. Even the weakest of them here in Nigeria becomes a wrestler once in America.
They become slightly violent and can be impatient.

Really? Nice one. This is a good thread. These are things any self-respecting guy MUST watch out for, just as any self respecting lady must watch out for longer lasting traits of a good man. I no say make dem no find tall, dress sense, handsome and ambitious oo. These are good, but surely not the lasting traits that nourish a good marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Crispels(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Depressed101:
grin there is this my friend that keeps posting thier fight on his whatsapp status come see fight, they even pass out. And they don't care

Those are not Nigerian American girls. Those are usually black Americans.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by doggedfighter(f): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
osamz007:
AS FOR TALL GUYS I'M PROUDLY HERE grin
For what? grin
To be wooed, courted and married? grin
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by abbey621(m): 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:

Which part of the US do you live in? I never said all Nigerian Americans have Nigerian passports but I said the ones I have met and the ones around me all go to Naija every year. I have also met some who only eat Nigerian food. It all ultimately boils down to the upbringing tho.

What I'm referring to is the summation or average. I live in Atlanta, do you know how expensive it is to eat only 9ja food in America?....lol
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by KingZaddy(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
The last thing I want to do is go abroad and represent the stupid nation...

I'd rather represent Iran and Iraq

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Crispels(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Really? Nice one. This is a good thread. These are things any self-respecting guy MUST watch out for, just as any self respecting lady must watch out for longer lasting traits of a good man. I no say make dem no find tall, dress sense, handsome and ambitious oo. These are good, but surely not the lasting traits that nourish a good marriage.

He is actually wrong. Nigerian-American girls are not troublesome at all. They will rather ignore you than to struggle with you. He is mistaking African/Black - Americans for Nigerian-Americans.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Donpaper: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
AniOmaa:
Academic success/achievements aside (which was never in dispute for the Nigerian-American girls, even though it applies to every Nigerian including the ones that just immigrated), I've lived long enough in the US, as well as dated lots of Naija-American girls through my college years to know they are massively overrated. I have my reasons for saying that, but for now I'll just say I'm more likely to either go to Naija and find me a wife... or at most marry a Ghanaian or any other African girl born here in the United States than settle with a Nigerian girl out here.
marriage is once and for all. Search well before you marry
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
martowskin1:

Cooks or slave indeed. How this generation now term cooking to slavery baffles me

Yes, it surprises me.

In England then, one said she can't be cooking. At least she was factual and will attract people that are OK with that.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Those spoilt children with their sharp american accent mouth...especially d yoruba descendants

they r mostly ugly sef

NEXT

I know this is an anonymous site, but your generalization doesn't sound sharp. There are very good ones here too and not mostly ugly as you put it

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Crispels(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbey621:

What I'm referring to is the summation or average. I live in Atlanta, do you know how expensive it is to eat only 9ja food in America?....lol

I'm currently around Buckhead in Atlanta and I know of families here that eat only Naija food every day. When living with my relatives in Buckhead, we eat ”Pando yam” virtually every day. My brothers barely eat America food at all. They mostly eat the Nigerian stuff they get from the African store and farmers’ market.

11 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Iretii0511(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
Biglittlelois:
You see all the points you mentioned, especially 6 and 7, most guys will ignore it simply becos of the need to be abroad, they don't care if those ladies make them their slave, but if this points are that of Nigerian ladies living here, especially the independent ones cos they most times have these traits, these thread would have been on page 10 by now filled with insults, look at some of the slow platinum diggers above asking where they can meet them, bunch of hypocritical leeches lol.

Why do you ladies usually sound too defensive in these kinds of threads?

10 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by EmekaBlue(m): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
Admitwithschola:

I know this is an anonymous site, but your generalization doesn't sound sharp. There are very good ones here too and not mostly ugly as you put it
Majority carries the vote

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Hotice085: 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Freestainworld:
how about Nigerian-Pakistani girls?

U wanna DIE?
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Crispels(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
KingZaddy:
The last thing I want to do is go abroad and represent the stupid nation...

I'd rather represent Iran and Iraq

I also thought the same until I moved abroad. You can never hide your nationality and heritage. Even if you get an American passport tomorrow, the American passport will still show Nigeria as your place of birth.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Missing 17-Year-Old Girl Found In A Hotel In Port Harcourt / Stop Inviting Hookup Babes Or Girlfriends To Your House, Here's Why / Love Making In Swimming Pools Is Getting Out Of Hand!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.