Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 (30909 Views)

Orji Kalu's Posters Flood Katsina, Kano, Gasau, Lagos, Osun, Owerri, Others / Police Clamp Down On #RevolutionNow Protesters In Lagos, Osun (Photos) / Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 27, 2020
SmartProf:
The lockdown initiated at first accross many states in Nigeria was wrongly timed. It's like the PTF on Covid 19 were advising Buhari to make decisions similar to what they watched happen in Europe and America on CNN and Aljazzeera. When Europe and America started talking about a flattened curve showing Covid 19 incidence, morbidity and mortality rates, Nigeria had no curve to look at cos our figures were so inconsistent and looked like a scattered diagram graph, making it difficult to notice a trend line. Now our leaders have suddenly realized that logically this would have been the right time to lock down. Most Nigerians who suffered during the last ill-timed lockdown will shun this directive, damning the consequences

Don't be quick to disregard the need for the lockdown. Looking at what was happening in the west at that time and how ill-prepared we were, the wisest thing was to locked down.

Opening us up to a virus that was killing every Tom, Dick and Harry would have been insensitive by the government.

We should be glad it's not we are not feeling so much of it.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by GMBuhari: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
Yes, they can lock themselves up nau. Bunch of senseless individual. How can a Government be so clueless in solving the problems of a country.

Government isn't the problem

People like you are

A man who has 5 kids, can't look after them all equally, let alone a governor in charge of 25M people or President controlling 200M people

Stay at home, observe social distancing, wash your hands

If you can't wash your hands at least don't shake random people or hug them, if you can't completely distance yourself, use face mask.

People are disobeying these simple instructions, Italy, China were compliant yes they have better government, know thier population and grew their economy

Admittedly FG and States didn't react on time, but what about people who hid their travel histories at airport?

Police and task force collecting bribe to let people into other states, other people who escaped from isolation centre

What is government's fault in all I listed? FG released palliatives, state coordinators : governors, rep, senate, even local street to street politicians sat on funds, should we blame government?

Only useless people will blame just the government for this crisis , only useless insensitive people

Have you educated anyone about corona today?
Do you wear mask?
Do you wash your hands?
Are you social distancing?

I thought so

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 27, 2020
GMBuhari:

Government isn't the problem

People like you are

A man who has 5 kids, can't look after them all equally, let alone a governor in charge of 25M people or President controlling 200M people

Stay at home, observe social distancing, wash your hands

If you can't wash your hands at least don't shake random people or hug them, if you can't completely distance yourself, use face mask.

People are disobeying these simple instructions, Italy, China were compliant yes they have better government, know thier population and grew their economy

Admittedly FG and States didn't react on time, but what about people who hid their travel histories at airport?

Police and task force collecting bribe to let people into other states, other people who escaped from isolation centre

What is government's fault in all I listed? FG released palliatives, state coordinators : governors, rep, senate, even local street to street politicians sat on funds, should we blame government?

Only useless people will blame just the government for this crisis , only useless insensitive people

Have you educated anyone about corona today?
Do you wear mask?
Do you wash your hands?
Are you social distancing?

I thought so

Bros, useless people full everywhere. They will blame anyone else but themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Angelfrost(m): 9:32am On Jun 27, 2020
authority2006:

Interpret it anyhow you deem it fit, who cares? People hate lockdown all over the world. And if they won't follow the guidelines, lockdown becomes a threat to make them have a rethink. It's up to them whether they prefer following the guidelines or be under the lockdown

What are you even saying or typing??!

It is not about interpretation!!! Read! Read!! Read!!!... You went to school for a reason!!!

No serious leader or leader carries out or imposes lock down without provision of palliatives to sustain or cushion the harsh effects of the process, especially on the poor!!!... Where across the world does that happen??! Where??!...

Most Nigerians will gladly stay indoors for weeks once they are well provided for... Compared to other nations, the average Nigerian doesn't go out necessarily for social activities. Most go out daily to eke a paltry living!!!...

Take a look at the socioeconomic situation of your nation, and understand that imposing lockdown without palliatives is tantamount to punishment of the most inhuman kind!!!... This is a pure recipe for social unrest, anarchy, and chaos, which will further undermine things!!!... imposing lock downs and curfews without consideration for basics like food, water, electricity, etc, is actually a crime against humanity anywhere in the world... The fact that you have become used to poor leadership, doesn't mean we all should pretend it is okay. That you are comfortable or relatively comfortable doesn't mean you shouldn't consider millions of others.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by DelilahMakinde(f): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2020
Thank you for your leadership Broda Seyi...Oyo is getting back to normal.
As for Lagos and Osun....they have one thing in common.. starting with AP...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by SavageResponse(m): 9:37am On Jun 27, 2020
We don't want another lockdown!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by sunyaliu: 9:37am On Jun 27, 2020
It is well with us all.

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Kazim88: 9:42am On Jun 27, 2020
Angelfrost:

What are you even on about... At no point in this nation will lock down ever work!!! Not a damn point!!!...

No nation carries out a successful lock down without providing sufficient and sustainable palliatives to all citizens!!! None!!!

Nigerian leaders are not prepared to make such sacrifices or provisions to even a quarter of their citizens. They have never been prepared!!! They will NEVER be prepared!!!

Y'all should forget this lock down talk... Test all you want, do what ever contact tracing, etc... The disease must run its course through this nation!!! Many will survive, some will die, and eventually it will fizzle out!!!... This is the harsh reality your leaders are pretending not to see!!!

This is what every normal thinking person have been saying as early as March...
The moment I saw majority shouting lockdown and pay us palliative via BVN then, I concluded that majority of Nigerians are incapable of logical reasoning.

With that level of reasoning, our next president that they would vote would be worst than Buhari...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Farki: 9:42am On Jun 27, 2020
They make the same threats every week.
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Angelfrost(m): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2020
grandstar:
More can be done.

Lagos state government needs to be vocal about the need to wear face masks for instance. More importantly, introduce a N10,000 on those who do not comply. Put pressure on the police to enforce rules. They will be eager as it is a source of pocket money for them.

Any means to encourage the police and other law enforcement agent to compel people abide by covid prevention laws will be good, even if it means unsavoury methods. It should not just be excessive. The numbers are rising and there seems no end in sight. A lockdown should be ruled out. Lockdown fatigue has locked in globally and the goal is now to live with the pandemic with safety precautions attached.

At the bold, please break it down for the dullards among us here supporting this clueless government's drive towards another lock down...

They should go ahead with another lock down... It seems they are hellbent on burying this nation finally!!! Maybe when the lock down ends, we all will become fully subject to China or Europe!!!
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Angelfrost(m): 9:45am On Jun 27, 2020
Kazim88:

This is what every normal thinking person have been saying as early as March...
The moment I saw majority shouting lockdown and pay us palliative via BVN then, I concluded that majority of Nigerians are incapable of logical reasoning.

With that level of reasoning, our next president that they would vote would be worst than Buhari...

Chief, I fear for the future of this nation with all honesty... How can young people be so bereft of commonsense intelligence and reasoning skills??! It is shocking, appalling and disheartening!!!
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by danhans(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2020
Lock down just note no free money from F.G,thank for d confusion in APC. Liars
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Angelfrost(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2020
gabicon:
The very concept of lockdown is useless if we don't intend to massively increase testing. Our health institutions are already overwhelmed, should we lockdown, increase testing, and do contact tracing, where are we going to house the COVID-19 patients?

Nigeria has drifted to herd immunity but our government are acting like they are on top of the situation.

Massive testing??! In this country??! Lol... Please, leave these people!!!

Even in 6 months, NCDC will never test up to 2 million people in Nigeria (Out of a population of over 200 million)!!!... So, the lock down (which will never be successful) will only achieve what it achieved the last time: Further destroy a dying economy, increase poverty via more job losses!!! At the end, the disease will continue its course of spread!!!

We started talking about herd immunity since early March, which many here on this forum abused us to end... Now, how else can you explain such ridiculously low mortality in the midst of a massive contagion that started over 2 months ago (for a killer disease with a max incubation time of 14 - 28 days)??!

Some are even arguing that the disease strain is weaker here... Such clowns!!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Jman06(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2020
Lockdown is not necessary in Nigeria since it yields no results.

I think we should just learn to live with the virus because from the look of things, the virus seems to be losing potency already, or people have learnt to manage the disease.

There's a recent increase in "malaria" attacks in Enugu. Almost everybody I know suffered "malaria". Most of these people recovered without being admitted to hospitals. In fact, many did not even experience respiratory symptoms like sore throat, cough nor catarrh. Just normal fever and weakness of the body.

I made some hypothesis from the above incidence and concluded that perhaps, humanity is winning the war against this disease. Though we still need to be careful, but life should go on without this fake Nigerian kind of lockdown.

The government should just revamp our healthcare institutions, invest money in research and pharmaceutical industry and be prepared for the future, because more viruses are still mutating and getting ready to attack humans. A word is enough for the wise!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 27, 2020
The truth is bitter, Lagos needs to be totally lockdown again. As I am posting, I am not happy myself cos it is affecting me. We need to face the reality fast before this thing gets out of hand. The grace we have is that it is not a deadly virus like Ebola. With the guidelines given and not with a total lockdown, we can beat it; unfortunately, the numbers of goats in Nigeria are far too many than humans. The goats in Lagos are super stubborn. Trust me, it may take the army to parade the streets of Lagos to mercilessly beat these goats inside their homes like how the Italians did. And you can read comments from the goats on front page Covid-19 news..

Please, join me in the prayer that Covid-19 should visit the households of all those who looted our fund. We pray it locates them from Aso Rock to national assembly, down to state assemblies, to all individuals who participated in looting our fund. It should not spear the wicked ones that looted the special donated fund for Covid-19 also. That's all.

Lagosians, be ready for round 2 lockdown. Let us face it and save ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Kazim88: 9:59am On Jun 27, 2020
Angelfrost:

Chief, I fear for the future of this nation with all honesty... How can young people be so bereft of commonsense intelligence and reasoning skills??! It is shocking, appalling and disheartening!!!

I use to be shock but I have come to accept it. Perhaps majority blackmen are physically strong but mentally inept.

If you see the way Nigerians (young and old) are defending Yahoo... Deflecting the emotional burden to blame "Politicians", blame the "White colonialist"... All in all they are bereft of common sense to know they are part and neck deep in the problem.

If they declare shutdown now, the common man would be the one to suffer...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by cardoso514: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2020
Don't try any further lock down again because if you do, you will end with no one to govern.
Instead, do a proper enforcement of the wearing of mask, washing of hands, nd social distancing.
Most importantly, let the Federal government give cash palliative to all Nigerians.
cc PTF, Chairman
President Buhari
All Governors
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Angelfrost(m): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2020
Dozman88:
The law enforcement officers should do there job by arresting those that are not keeping to the rules laid down..nose mask is a big problem to some people ehh...let's be realistic with ourselves..the government are tired also of keeping people at home but they need our support also.

On the face mask issue... The issue here is that what mostly passes for face masks among most Nigerians is not, and should never be...

A lot of these cheap, reusable stuff are unhealthy... A lot of the users can't even breath properly with most getting severe allergies from the Ankara materials.

Proper face masks should have respirators or there should be provisions for proper respiration within the fabrics while still protecting from airborne pathogens.

It's either one uses disposable surgical masks or reusable N95 or KN95 masks, both of which are currently ridiculously expensive and beyond the affordability of over 70% of Nigerians!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by bluefilm: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2020
Foolish people.

Instead of battling hard to find a permanent cure for the disease, they are busy threatening the masses with lockdowns.

If you like lock up your brains, that one kwansign you.

Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by airminem(f): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2020
The CURVE is here to remain unFLATTENED. In the first case, WHAT IS COVID 19 TO A COMON NIGERIAN MAN? Answer me o sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Biznex(m): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2020
Craze dey worry all of Una ... Make Una come lockdown mumu govt
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Biznex(m): 10:19am On Jun 27, 2020
I have lost 4montgs salary already .. idiotic govt that can't provide any palliative measure. Nigerians are just too docile and gently ill-receiving all the black policies they are making. I think it ought to get to a stage whereby we have to resist every moves from this lopsided government

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by frubben(m): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2020
For what!!!
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by duality(m): 10:33am On Jun 27, 2020
SmartProf:
The lockdown initiated at first accross many states in Nigeria was wrongly timed. It's like the PTF on Covid 19 were advising Buhari to make decisions similar to what they watched happen in Europe and America on CNN and Aljazeera. When Europe and America started talking about a flattened curve showing Covid 19 incidence, morbidity and mortality rates, Nigeria had no curve to look at cos our figures were so inconsistent and looked like a scattered diagram graph, making it difficult to notice a trend line. Now our leaders have suddenly realized that logically this would have been the right time to lock down. Without quality palliatives to go round, most Nigerians who suffered during the last ill-timed lockdown will shun this directive, damning the consequences

Are you sure you wouldn't have accused the government of not acting early ?
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2020
YorubaKinging:
There's no coronaVirus in my city

Gov oyetola doesn't know Jack shit just like president buhari

You better don't impose any stupid lockdown or else

You go Ajimobi way

Anybody that oppresses the children of God will be punished by thier Father who lives in heaven
children of God sef they die,so shut the fvck up
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Femidfo: 10:52am On Jun 27, 2020
himmmm
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Guestlander: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2020
Kingpele:
Wow USA with highest cases and death rates have opened up their economy and businesses but this lazy guys we have here are talking about another lockdown..
To slap this our useful idiots just dey hungry me.

The disease is still spreading like a wildfire in the U.S. You should see what is going on in Texas and Florida.
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by SirWarlock: 11:13am On Jun 27, 2020
Spysees:
With all due respect; y'all Nigerians are friggin' lifeless; y'all keep on sayin' sh¡t; y'all said lockdown wasn't workin' for y'all; we freed y'all, but y'all failed us; y'all ain't keepin' your friggin' distances, y'all threw your face masks away. We have no choice, but to strike you with a fresh lockdown! ....
You American? grin
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by IFNOTGOD(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2020
all I want to know is the total no. of isolation centres in Lagos n their capacity.

if anyone has it dey should please provide?

the no. of positive cases in Lagos is close to 10k now n d last time I checked d total capacity of the isolation centres in Lagos is not up to 5k, lets us have a figure of the following;

those who have been discharged
the no. of isolation centre and their capacity.

then we can now know if ncdc is lying or not.

don't quote me for rubbish talk if u can't provide the total no. of isolation centres n their capacity.

mathematician and statisticians know dat figures don't lie except u forge dem
Re: Lagos, Osun Threaten Fresh Lockdown As Cases Hit 23,298 by Lexxyyla(m): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2020
Hit 23,298! Both The Dead And Those Recovered Are All Inclusive In This Figure. Why Are They Not Putting Out Only The Net Cases In Order To Give Hope?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari / Security Around Wike’s Father’s House Tightened / Osinbajo Welcomes Paul Biya To Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.