Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,933 members, 7,799,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem (70832 Views)

What Can He Use For This Skin Problem? (Photo) / My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos) / I Have This Skin Problem And I Am About To Get Married (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by extraboost: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please Stop all Oil and gel based cream. Kindly use Mupiderm Ointment (Mupirocin). it will clear it in few days. My Daughter had same issue last week . Doctor gave this recommendation

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by 54gifts: 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please ma take the child to the hospital and see the doctor I believe they will give him some antibiotics to kill those boils and for the peeling skin it's normal you can use shear butter Ori in Igbo to clear it up but it will go on its own
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by temitiffy(f): 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
Kindly carry the baby to iya Alagbo house
Let them prepare a good concoction for the baby
Using it to bath and drink
All internal and external infections will fade away
Let the baby jina ninu agbo
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by HarunaWest(m): 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Black soap on a baby?! Haba. That black soap burns my skin
I and my siblings used black soap.. Not even a pimple
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Darlington1976(m): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
get Epiderm cream n blue seal Vaseline just get d cream n mix it with small Vaseline n rub on ur baby. Funbact A could equally be of help but d best is Epiderm cream
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by ADUKKY(f): 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please do not use any steroid like Funbact A, Skineal, Tribotan etc on your baby. They have after effects on the child plus they can be absorbed into the the delicate skin of a baby.

Option 1
See a paediatrician for evaluation. My problem with them is that sometimes they can be extra especially if it is a private hospital. Diagnosis go pass wetin dey ground sef.
Option 2
Visit any alagbo omo around you, once they see the skin they will prescribe the right thing to use to kill it internally and externally. Trust me those agbo works even for adults. I once had terrible skin rashes during my Uni days, it was so bad that I thought my skin was ruined for life. My mum had to rush me to alagbo and in less than 4 days, I was relieved and could even go back to school.

Whatever option you decide to choose, Do Not use steroid on your baby. Those stuffs have bleaching agents in them. I am talking from experience, as a FTM in 2011, I mixed Ori and Skineal for use on my son and I still regret it till date.

All the best and speedy healing on your baby.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Prechy08(m): 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
Bros the water you use in bathing that boy is hard water and hash to his skin, buy savlon anticeptic and use sudocream . on the body come back and thank me after 4days.
am also a first time dad but my boy is fine and in his 7th month

1 Like

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by 9ja083: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
Apply SudoCream on your baby's skin.
Use savlon in water to bath the baby.
Make sure all your baby's clothes are clean.
I would have prescribed some drugs for u but it's best u go to government hospital and see a pediatric doctor. So that the ones inside will go.
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Prechy08(m): 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
Openbusiness:
Go and run blood test on the baby, can't remember the name. The doctors will check for internal infection. Then still buy sudocrem and antiseptic. Sudocrem will clear the infection or rash on the skin, and you can use the powder too

sudocream you are very correct plus savlon liquid anticeptic. come back after 4 days and give testimony.
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Mamashiloh: 11:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
[quote author=mandalorian post=91119931]Hello house, my boy is barely one month old and he developed this skin issue. One of my colleagues said it is Ela(Yoruba) but from my experience, ela use to manifest as very red tiny rashes around the neck and joints.

Now this one is not on his neck (though it is in both his elbow joints, scarcely on his Tommy and this morning I say it at the back of his knee), his skin molts around the rashes. I just can't completely describe it that's why I included the pics.

I need help elders in the house. I took him back to the hospital where he was born but they said it will go but I don't like the look.

Mods pls help me push to fp. [/quotes

it’s rily nothing to worry abt my baby had dis same thing two weeks ago I waz worried like u so I called my doctor she said it’s mostly caused by heat so she prescribed sum antibiotics drug for me n also asked dat I apply moju powder all over her body after bathing her..my baby is 7months bt since ur baby is still tender n barely a month old take him to another hospital to see a pediatrician he will b fine it’s nothing serious..and pls make sure ur using a good cream n soap for him cos it matters too..I wish him a speedy recovery. all d best..
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Nickymichy(m): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Agbo will help a lot... forget about all ds oyibo medicine...go local...both the internal and external yamayama go comot one time...and your baby skin will be as smooth as a mirror
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by joepepsy(m): 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
That's a sign of riches..lucky you.
mandalorian:
Hello house, my boy is barely one month old and he developed this skin issue. One of my colleagues said it is Ela(Yoruba) but from my experience, ela use to manifest as very red tiny rashes around the neck and joints.

Now this one is not on his neck (though it is in both his elbow joints, scarcely on his Tommy and this morning I say it at the back of his knee), his skin molts around the rashes. I just can't completely describe it that's why I included the pics.

I need help elders in the house. I took him back to the hospital where he was born but they said it will go but I don't like the look.

Mods pls help me push to fp.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by wendynuel: 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hello, I advise you go see a doctor quickly. At the moment, kindly ensure the baby’s clothes and bed covers are properly washed well with plain bar soaps (like premier soap) and clean water. Don’t use bleach or detergent.

Use basic soap without fragrance and Vaseline blue seal or maybe olive oil or Shea butter.

Check that you didn’t introduce any new milk to your baby. You may have to isolate what you ate or have fed your baby recently

Had similar experience but found out my baby was reacting to a change in food (milk)

It looks like an allergy but you need to see a doctor to confirm..It will be good for you to be open to your doctor so he can help you isolate and recommend the appropriate medication.
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by drezy1: 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
(1): 7 DAYS: VIRTUAL TRAINING ON WEBSITE DESIGN (4th Batch)
• Commencement Date: 6th -12th July,2020.
• Training Method: WhatsApp and Anydesk
• Requirements: WhatsApp and System

(2): DISCOVER HOW YOU CAN BE MAKING ATLEAST ₦21,000 WEEKLY WITH YOUR PHONE AND FROM HOME LEGITIMATELY.
Check my Signature for more details
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by skj1377(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
ELEWE OMO. Will solve your problem just N1000 only
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by lordswill03: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Bad water, this is more than just rashes
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
mandalorian:
Hello house, my boy is barely one month old and he developed this skin issue. One of my colleagues said it is Ela(Yoruba) but from my experience, ela use to manifest as very red tiny rashes around the neck and joints.

It is Eela jare, go to elewe ọmọ to buy the agbö

1 Like

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Ariba2(m): 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Thank you, i ve been reading all comments and they seems not to ve done one before, pls don't use any antiseptic on your baby, he is too young. Meet any old mama in ur area for help. I know abiscus flower do cure it, he will bath with it and take some. I cant remember the process anymore cos my kids now grown.
Its well...

starbuck:
Your baby is shading his skin at the same time have Ela or Obo as the Igbos call it...

You can only get rid of it using agbo/herbs ( Yoruba people) have the best treatment for it.. Both the one he would take orally to kill off the bacterias from the inside and then the one you would cook to bath him with, if possible request for also the cream...

I doubt if the modern drugs work for it because it never worked on my 4 kids when they had it...

Don't Fret, it's nothing to worry about
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Vickygirk(f): 12:06am On Jun 29, 2020
Dicktion:
Dey baff your pikin well.. Afonja mama undecided

Coro fire all the living things wey dey quote meangry

That's uncalled for! Really!.
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Beey(f): 12:19am On Jun 29, 2020
mandalorian:

Nairaland has so many medical advisers & yet they didn’t go to med school. That’s a baby & not an adult that you are dealing with. He cannot express how he’s feeling.Different people here are suggesting different remedies. I’d advice that without further delay, you see a pediatrician. Baby skins are very sensitive and you can’t just wash them with harsh chemicals.Take your baby for medical checkup.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by mandalorian: 12:19am On Jun 29, 2020
bluefilm:
Waste no time again.

Rush now... take your baby to the nearest NCDC office.

Your baby has COVID20!

That is one of the symptoms according to the latest WHO report!

Act fast now!
Your frustration level is too high. Please don't consider suicide, I beg you

1 Like

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Follygunners: 12:20am On Jun 29, 2020
Dicktion:
Dey baff your pikin well.. Afonja mama undecided

Coro fire all the living things wey dey quote meangry

Oloriburuku omo Ibo, Oloshi! angry

Awon Yam legger oshi..

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by isan(m): 12:20am On Jun 29, 2020
Hope u haven't infected that baby with scabies ? Pls quickly run a blood test on the baby
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by mrchineke: 12:28am On Jun 29, 2020
Poverty capital yet these idiots are having babies left right and centre? No wonder the little chinkos are treating you like lepers in your own country!!!!!
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Chatlaury(f): 12:30am On Jun 29, 2020
Use coconut oil, it works like magic.
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by shestrong(f): 12:34am On Jun 29, 2020
tvcblogspot:

My 2 months old baby was having rashes, but it wasn't that severe and i was advised to buy cacatin, it cleared the rashes in no time
Very good product.
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by mandy33: 12:38am On Jun 29, 2020
The cream and powder that are being applied on the baby could be the problem. My baby some years back had skin issue when he was about one week old, we too him to the hospital and the doctor asked us to change the cream and powder that were using on him. He recommended something mild and that did the magic within three days. The product he recommended was far cheaper. It is important you see the doctor though
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Johzhier97(m): 12:42am On Jun 29, 2020
mandalorian:

I'm looking for a nanny, do send me a dm, you'll make a good candidate. Thanks for your kind observation though
SHOTS FIRED....I REPEAT SHOTS FIRED @ 3 O'CLOCK...MAN DOWN...MAN DOWN...911calling......deeelm!!! dat was classic...

1 Like

Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by wickedtuna: 12:42am On Jun 29, 2020
Dicktion:

You looking for a male nanny? No wonderembarassed
who says you have to be near the child? You can run errands to the pharmacy and market.
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 29, 2020
mandalorian:

Obey ur doctors
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by Duru009(m): 12:47am On Jun 29, 2020
Go to any good pharmacy, buy tributan for children. Take some and rub it !

It will do the miracle for youou....
Re: Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem by shestrong(f): 12:48am On Jun 29, 2020
Orpe7:
Use sebamed baby soap for your child Its about 3k plus
Perfect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Early Is Antenatal? / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? / Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.