Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season (22485 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 2:37pm On May 29, 2011
If Vettel can hold d lead after going something like 60 laps on his tires, then pple better start giving him some serious respect. I still think Button will steal this one.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 3:26pm On May 29, 2011
And Sebastien's lead grows even further. Bad luck for Jenson as it looked like it might be his day. Brave move by Webber on Kobayashi at d death, real banzai stuff. One of d more interesting Monaco GPs in recent times, so I see no reasons to complain as there was plenty of action.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by lukkie(m): 3:33pm On May 29, 2011
Great race! I enjoyed every bit of it. I'm happy for Alonso.

I doff my hat for Vettel. He is calmly winning the championship again this year. He'll go far in Formula 1.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 3:55pm On May 29, 2011
. . .was expecting some rain as usual but the Monaco GP did not disappoint.

And can someone tell me what McLaren folks were thinking with their rubbish strategy?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2011
Okay I know some will say I dislike Lewis (I don't, I just like to poke him  cool). But d way he drove today wasn't really smart. I know d boy is massively talented and is trying to live up to d hype. It has also been a frustrating weekend with strategic errors in qualifying as well as bad luck, knowing you have a car that can compete. It would have been frustrating to lose concentration and get stuck behind Schumi early on. But his driving today was really rash. Yes he is an exciting driver who always wants to race, but he needs to take it easy. It was really sad to see Maldonado and Williams miss out on some points cos of his frustrations.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 7:57pm On May 29, 2011
^
Lewis said it exactly as it is today. He gets flak because he's black ana I agree.
I find it strange the way even British commentators gun for Alonso or Jensen (especially last year). A black man always has to try doubly hard.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by lukkie(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2011
Beaf:

^
Lewis said it exactly as it is today. He gets flak because he's black ana I agree.
I find it strange the way even British commentators gun for Alonso or Jensen (especially last year). A black man always has to try doubly hard.

I disagree with this postulation. What about those races he has won? What about his 2008 championship win? So what should Webber be saying to the Red Bull team when he compares he fortunes with Vettel's. Is Alonso also a black man? No, i disagree.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 4:47am On May 30, 2011
lukkie:

I disagree with this postulation. What about those races he has won? What about his 2008 championship win? So what should Webber be saying to the Red Bull team when he compares he fortunes with Vettel's. Is Alonso also a black man? No, i disagree.

Did you actually watch that F1 season? The FIA did everything both under and above the table to give it to Ferrari, Lewis won only because of his extraordinary talent.
Its hard to find any sane explanation for Lewis punishment for this overtake in 2008 (one of many, there was something similar with Takuma Sato).

Spa 2008 was a race Lewis won, but was stripped off for "mysterious" reasons after giving us one of the most beautiful drives ever in F1 (add Silverstone, Monaco).
The racism accusation against F1 is not new either: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f223/fia-max-mosely-racist-61466/

[flash=680,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K9P9z_Lwa0[/flash]

An angry F1 fan:

[flash=680,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtQqTVXiPZ0[/flash]
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by lukkie(m): 6:25am On May 30, 2011
Well, everyone would have an opinion at the end of the day. Let the guy put in his best and avoid those controvercial tackles he's known for and always gives the FIA excuses. My problem is that whenever he wins the race he's all smiles about the team and the strategy but when he loses, it the team/FIA/BBC. I hate sore losers.

He also needs to understand that he won't always be the best just 'cos he's half black. (On a lighter note, i don't really see him as a black man anyway). As far as F1 is concerned today, he's not the best; Vettel is. And from the look of things, with the way the McLaren team is making the cars better and inching closer to RBR by the day, Button may end up carrying the day for the team. Would he then be the reverse racist?

As you can see i'm talking generally 'cos i'm just out to enjoy a fine race. I leave the controversial decisions to the teams and the FIA to sort out.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 9:08am On May 30, 2011
Did you actually watch that F1 season? The FIA did everything both under and above the table to give it to Ferrari, Lewis won only because of his extraordinary talent.
Its hard to find any sane explanation for Lewis punishment for this overtake in 2008 (one of many, there was something similar with Takuma Sato).

Look in 2008 Lewis got penalised from pillar to post, but fast forward to yesterdays race the 2 racing incidents that involved Lewis where similar to the 2 racing incidents that Webber wiped out Lewis last season in Australia and Singapore! how come Webber wasn't penalised? Vettel wiped out 2 drivers last season, no punishment,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5aMMRgTEk Massa got not penalty, Jaime Alguersuari crashed into Lewis no penalty, Koby and Sutil incident, no penalty, Vettel could go off the race track and over take in Australia? no penalty, Even Adrain Sutil said the same thing that may be Lewis is been penalise because of his birth right. and when you have a pit crew that favours Jensen over Lewis then you are toast. The British people dislike him because he moved to Switzerland because of high tax rate in the UK, but they idolise Jensen, Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill who lives in both Monaco and Jersey (Tax haven places)
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 3:14pm On May 30, 2011
Which one concern Monza 2008  ? D issue is Lewis "wonder boy" Hamilton's driving at Monaco in 2011.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mOw-qbgBTo?fs=1"[/flash]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdTkmLHRTkw?fs=1"[/flash]

There is exciting driving and then there is dangerous driving. D boy was attacking gaps that didn't exist. Where is d respect for d rules as well as his fellow drivers. I am sure he thought Maldonado should have just moved over once he appeared in his rear view mirror, after all he is d great Lewis Hamilton chasing d WDC, just let him past. But Lewis always has an excuse its not his fault, its d media, his team, mclaren, other drivers, d fia, d stewards and now its cos he is mulatto  grin

I am not even shocked by d way drove, cos from d way he was driving in d first 2 laps I knew he would be involved in drama. But stuff he has been saying recently is just plain unwise and he ain't doing himself no favors. First he claimed some sort German conspiracy cos Schumi held him up in a race, then alleged that d Toro Rosso's were involved in another attempt to get him and help out Vettel. Now it is everybody else fault but his that he came sixth and caused d retirement of 2 of his fellow competitors. He better hire his dad back, cos I think I liked d old Hamilton's character better.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 3:19pm On May 30, 2011
Strange how Schumacher was able to pass Hamilton without Lewis turning in and crashing into him at the hairpin and Lewis then re passing Schumacher at the first corner, again without crashing, obviousy Hamilton and Schumacher use their mirr, ors, Hamilton does the same move on Massa at the hairpin as MS did to Lewis earlier. Massa went wide, Lewis goes up the inside, Massa just turns in on him

Same again with the second incident, Hamilton manages to squeeze past Scumacher into the first corner, Lewis gets up along side and just enough room is given for the pass, later on Lewis does exactly the same move on Pastor, gets along side into first corner but he turns in giving Hamilton nowhere to go, what did Pastor expect to happen if he didn't give enough room, maybe Fillipe and Pastor should use their mirrors more when Hamilton is behind them, they know he is going to try to pass, he is one of the few real racers out there!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 3:36pm On May 30, 2011
Typical. Lewis and his fans are blinkered if they honestly want to use such rationalizations. But I won't argue cos we all know what Lewis did was wrong and stupid, but those who like him will always obfuscate and justify. But just for consistency Di Resta got penalize for d exact same madness Lewis tried on Massa at d hairpin. Hamilton did not get alongside Pastor, Schumi had issues with tires and left a significantly bigger hole for Lewis, in this instance there was no gap Lewis simply tried to bully Maldonado into moving over. It was wrong plain and simple, so for Lewis to then say its d other guys fault, I had d racing line is bollocks. Talented and exciting he might be, but on this occasion he is wrong.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 4:09pm On May 30, 2011
It's very rare that I can listen to Lewis Hamilton moaning after a race and think, well yes, he's absolutely right. Today was one such occasion. The language he couched his complaint in was not great. He knows full well that you can't use that 'f' word 'live' on television. Unless you're going to follow it with , lickin' chicken.

It's true, right from Saturday qualifying Massa was messing about. Drivers know that if another car is following them that there are certain places to get out of the way and Massa could have got off the throttle going up to Beau Rivages and let him pass, but he chose to make it more difficult and get out of the way at the very last moment.

I can remember races at Monza where people have waited that long to get out of Massa's racing line (in fact it was probably Alonso at Renault in the Alonso vs Schumi days) and been penalised. It wasn't an actionable obstruct, but it was getting that way.

During the race Lewis minded his own business through Sainte Devote, allowed Petrov past him without getting stupid and was rammed by Schumacher in the first corner. Later in the lap, Michael pulled a demon move on him and he accepted that he'd been overtaken and didn't fight.

Michael returned the compliment, giving Lewis room when he came past him at the last minute into Sainte Devote on Lap 9. It was good, hard racing.

When Hamilton tried to get past Massa at the hairpin on Lap 33, Massa simply closed the door. They replayed the footage from Hamilton's car and you can see Massa move his helmet to look in the mirrors. Then Massa took an unusually tight angle into the hairpin when Lewis was already launched into the move. Massa knew what was coming and he made the accident even worse.

If Mark Webber is not going to be penalised for crashing into Hamilton midships like he did in Singapore - the event being put down to a racing incident - then there's no way Lewis should be penalised for what happened at the hairpin with Massa today and certainly not with Maldonado at Ste Devote.

Driver stewards were supposed to solve all this, but Alan McNish either had brain fade or was overruled or they're running on a new set of rules for 2011 divorced from the 2010 season (NB surely they can get someone better qualified to judge F1 than McNish whose major career was in sportscars. How long is it before we get Perry McCarthy or Tiff Needell as the driver steward?).

It's no surprise that Lewis thinks he's being got at by being penalised for these incidents. He is. On the evidence from Monaco there's clearly one rule for him and one rule for everyone else.

What makes it even more ridiculous is the incident between Sutil and Kobayashi going into the Mirabeau. Kobayashi comes from way too far back, completely misjudges the move on the Force India, gets nowhere near Sutil before he thumps his left front wheel into Sutil's right rear. Yes, not even alongside before turn-in! He pushes Sutil wide, damages his car and takes the place. After the race he's only reprimanded. He did the equivalent of a touring car kiss and got away with it. Madness.

In football you have to accept that referees make mistakes because they make decisions in the blink of an eye. In F1 they can see replays and make decisions hours after the race. You don't need four cameras, telemetry or driver testimony to work out that Kobayashi stuffed up Sutil's race good and proper by a bad attempt at overtaking.

Do we want Kamui to stop trying? No. Do we want Lewis to stop entertaining? No. But as Lewis opined, he's trying to put on a show and when a genuine racing move fails to come off he gets penalised for it.

As always, Lewis was electric to watch. Listening to him was much harder."
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 5:44pm On May 30, 2011
It is instructive of Massa's funny driving that he ended up crashing out of the race through no one elses fault, but his. Lewis description of Massa and Maldonado's antics was apt:

"Massa held me up in qualifying, I got the penalty. He turned in to me [during the race], I got the penalty. These drivers are ridiculous. It's silly."

Maldonado can be excused as a rookie, but Massa? The clown did the same to Jensen and got him a penalty earlier this season; Massa is about the most ridiculous piece of junk on the F1 circuit.

I feel for Lewis being the only black F1 driver, and being the best too by a long shot. Racists don't find such funny.
Its good the way Lewis has spoken up, because everyone now knows what he's had to deal with for years; more than that, the World will now be watching for any stvpid penalties he gets. I expect a few high profile voices to chip in a sideways word in the near future, the circus can't be allowed to continue.

Hamilton has made himself one of global sport's highest profile figures thanks to his inspirational driving, and cool, youthful image. And he has established himself in the four and a half years of his career as unquestionably the greatest overtaker in F1, as well as arguably its out-and-out fastest driver.

-Andrew Benson BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2011/05/hamilton.html

It has taken 4 years for this clown to realise the obvious, thanks perhaps to Lewis's forthright outburst. There was never anyone more scathing and condescending of Lewis in the past. Indeed, Andrew Benson (a brit) spent his free time drooling over the Spanish Alonso on the BBC F1 forum (606) when Lewis was reigning World champion and a fellow BRIT. How does that work out, if not Lewis "birth right?"
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2011
I read somewhere that LH plans to quit the sport if things continue this way. The guy is a brilliant and brave pilot. Let him drive. It is super exciting to see him drive.

Those F1 carrots know nada.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^let me pray that this day happen very quickly, and lets get rid of all these nonsense about racism!
if the Ham doesnt like the pressure then he should go back to Kart driving!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 9:18am On Jun 03, 2011
^^^I see him doing a Montoya if he doesn't sort himself out quick.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^let me pray that this day happen very quickly, and lets get rid of all these nonsense about racism!
if the Ham doesnt like the pressure then he should go back to Kart driving!
Then in that case Alonso shouldn't be anywhere near F1. imo, Alonso biatches more.

I can bet you that LH loves the pressure, heck the boy is aggressive but lets call a spade a spade. Why does he get more penalty than any other top driver?

Again I say bring Ron back!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^ Well said. Lewis is very aggressive and it does lead him to more drama than most drivers. I don't have a problem with it, its quite exciting and interesting to watch him. Where I feel his losing it, is in his attitude and some of d more silly utterances he has been making for quite a while now.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
@FBS
A) stop looking at everything the Ham´s way and you will see that everything is/was justified.

B) the difference between Alonso and the Ham is that Alonso never talked for once of quitting like a BIATCH. as i once said during the 2010season about the very same topic, there has been racism in all sports and the weak biatches are the one whinning rather than proving them wrong.
by the way, isnt racism and FAVORITISM (which Ham benefitted from) on the same level?!
Ham should shut the fukc up and drive because that, to me, is being a damn hypocrite!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@FBS
A) stop looking at everything the Ham´s way and you will see that everything is/was justified.

B) the difference between Alonso and the Ham is that Alonso never talked for once of quitting like a BIATCH. as i once said during the 2010season about the very same topic, there has been racism in all sports and the weak biatches are the one whinning rather than proving them wrong.
by the way, isnt racism and FAVORITISM (which Ham benefitted from) on the same level?!
Ham should shut the fukc up and drive because that, to me, is being a damn hypocrite!
@MBJ.
1.No. never. I actually do think he deserved one of the penalties he got but definitely not 2. When he messes up, believe me, I will say it. But the issue is, why do others get away with those sort of things without any punishment(s)? So, no sir, everything is/was NOT justified.

2. When and how did he benefit from a racism row? Name one other driver that won a clean race only to be stripped off it cos of some phantom reasons.
If there are any biatches in F1 then if it ain't Mr. Alonso, then it has to be Mr Eclairs cheesy  himself.
Threatening to quit is not a sign of weakness but sometimes, if they don't allow fairness then you leave them.
We've seen top football players threatening to walk out cos of racism, no?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
But once again smart start from Alonso and poor start from Webber.

We are talking about Monaco, so far you know where to place the car your rivals would not pass thats why Vettel wanted to use 2 sets of tyres to the end of the race before the accident.

the difference between Alonso and the Ham is that Alonso never talked for once of quitting like a BIATCH. as i once said during the 2010season about the very same topic, there has been racism in all sports and the weak biatches are the one whinning rather than proving them wrong.

Fernando Alonso is the biggest crybaby you could find in F1, and tell me what benefit did Hamilton get due to his race?

I read somewhere that LH plans to quit the sport if things continue this way

He said he would quit if they ask him to change his driving style!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2011
Qualifying in Canada to soon start. Where is everyone and why is it so quiet? This weekend should provide an exciting race, it usually does. Where are all d Mclaren and Lewis fans. Traditionally he tends to do really well in Montreal.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
@FBS
Lewis has DEFINITELY been getting preferential treatment (aka favoritism) at Mc Laren until Jenson came along THUS he should keep quiet.
btw when did the Ham won Monaco and then got stripped of the victory? what are you claiming here? is 6th the new 1st in your side of town?
i remember clearly last yr when the yellow flag was out and the Ham did the same kind of dangerous driving out of the pit and got Alonso in trouble.i guess you must have forgot that race. which one was it again?! he wasnt penalized then so why cry racism "now"?!

@ qualifying
woah, is this the weekend where Ferrari finally got their act together?! let us all bow down and say AMEN!!!!!! lol
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 6:06am On Jun 12, 2011
McLaren cars are set up for the rain and that's why the car couldnt reach top speed,
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
Lewis, Lewis, Lewis. How many times did I call your name? Please calm down before you have a spectacular crash one of these days. wink
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2011
Thanks to his team mate that tried to squeeze him onto the wall,

How could his pit crew tell him to retire!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2011
montelik:

Lewis, Lewis, Lewis. How many times did I call your name? Please calm down before you have a spectacular crash one of these days. wink

the man is a menace!!!!! the race had not even gone to 10% and he was already involved in 2incidents.

baby-boy:

Thanks to his team mate that tried to squeeze him onto the wall,

How could his pit crew tell him to retire!!!

maybe his pit crew and engineers are RACIST too, BWAAAAAH!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
maybe his pit crew and engineers are RACIST too, BWAAAAAH!

Knowing that Martin Whitmash kicked Lewis out of McLaren as Kid, only for Ron Dennis to tell Martin off that he was wrong and brought him back,

He never like him in the first place
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2011
Its time for someone to sit Hamilton down and talk to him, cos this stuff is getting too much. D guy was under investigation for 3 separate incidents in just 8 laps. This has gone past racism, bias or any other excuses. If d guy has issues that he is taking to track with him, he better sort them fast cos he could be involved in an ugly incident soon at this rate.

For what its worth, unlike Monaco and I don't think he did anything wrong during d incident with Button. He was faster, so he tried to pass. Button tried to take d racing line into d turn but for some reason didn't know Lewis was there. Although he did turn into Webber, despite Mark giving him enough room. But in does condition its an understandable mistake.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2011
@montelik

The incident with webber has been deemed a racing incident similar to Singapore last year, he would have got a drive thru penalty for over speeding under a yellow flag,

But Button squeezed him unto the wall,

I still enjoy watching him and Vettel and Kobayashi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

13th All-African Games: Final Medal standings as Nigeria Finishes Second / 12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center / Iheanacho Voted Leicester’s Man Of The Match After Wonder Goal Vs Crystal Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.