Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (42695 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by chukwuibuipob: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
sad
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Bluffly: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atiku:
The question should be... at what age does living in your parents house become unacceptable.
No age. The only reason giving in the bible for a man to leave his father's house is when he is cleaving unto his wife and vice versa. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by RapistOnBail: 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
At age 25, person suppose don get focus for life na !

2 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by IfGodbeforus(m): 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
Don't place yourself under Unnecessary Competition..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by luminouz(m): 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
This one just wants to trend by force undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Akhirastriver(m): 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
bukatyne:
Like I said in that other thread, the discussion of when to leave without a pressing need to do so is a lower income/poor man question.

If your parents can comfortably house you with a bit of privacy, stay put and leverage on their housing as much as possible to build wealth.

Some people have saved their rents while at home and moved from their parents' home to their own home.

Only ensure that while at your parents', you pick some bills as a sign of maturity and responsibility:

I am sure that when you get to a certain age, your parents will acknowledge you have relationships and give you the needed space if you are not changing partners like underwears.

No sensible parent would stop a young man/lady of 24/25 years from a weekend getaway at a lover's place or hotel if you have established the relationship at home and you have proven to be responsible especially sexually.

Neither would they stop you for a late night hang out once in a while with friends.

Obviously coming back home drunk the first time might tell them you are not mature enough to handle such privileges going forward.
God ,some people need to borrow sense from u ,somebody give this guy a beer .Fantabulous

3 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ategberoson(m): 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
no one make it in their comfort zone. if your parents hustle down for you with many investments, you won't have any reason to even think of staying put with them

I don't think this Op have experience indirect insult before? I'll rather stay with friends if I haven't make it than stay in my comfort zone. staying in your comfort zone will only give you reason to managed your Pains and challenges

pains and challenges are meant to tackle not to manage hence staying put in your parents house would demoralized you of your goals&life objectives

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Gabe427: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
shocked
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by kingvick09(m): 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
chatinent:
I don't subscribe to any of the posts but I certainly started hustling at age 14, and left home 18. The condition of the home made me look for another home.
left home to where,pls share your story.....

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Necksonnel: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
You will never be capable of you don't leave. That's my 2cent
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Thenorth(m): 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
god bless you sir
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Akhigbeblog(m): 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
chatinent:
I don't subscribe to any of the posts but I certainly started hustling at age 14, and left home 18. The condition of the home made me look for another home.
At 14 Wetin you don know wey you want dey teach? Abeg stop the lies undecided

16 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Okuda(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
bukatyne:
Like I said in that other thread, the discussion of when to leave without a pressing need to do so is a lower income/poor man question.

If your parents can comfortably house you with a bit of privacy, stay put and leverage on their housing as much as possible to build wealth.

Some people have saved their rents while at home and moved from their parents' home to their own home.

Only ensure that while at your parents', you pick some bills as a sign of maturity and responsibility:

I am sure that when you get to a certain age, your parents will acknowledge you have relationships and give you the needed space if you are not changing partners like underwears.

No sensible parent would stop a young man/lady of 24/25 years from a weekend getaway at a lover's place or hotel if you have established the relationship at home and you have proven to be responsible especially sexually.

Neither would they stop you for a late night hang out once in a while with friends.

Obviously coming back home drunk the first time might tell them you are not mature enough to handle such privileges going forward.

lol at 27 my mama no let woman come see me for house oooo grin

10 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by CocoaOla: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nigerian economy sha
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by ovieigho(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
Bigyusluv:
I'm here to tackle the post "At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House?". Forgive my English cause I'm a drop out. Lolx

Read through almost all the comments on that thread and all I can say is most NL members are just chasing clout... Bloody liars.

Some said they left their parents house age 17,20 and 22! Oh continue! You left your parent house to where.? Your own rented apartment? Or to squart with a friend or cousin? Or to live under the bridge?. Tell us! What is a 17yrs old doing to survive? You be footballer or you be musician? And to the ladies commenting a man should leave at least before clocking 25yrs.. Your senior bro who is 25yrs or above is still living with your parent and yet you're advising innocent soul on this faceless forum to leave their parent.
Why do we all chose to lie to hurt people reading comments to learn and grab a few hint?

How many guys within 22-30yrs old doing legit can boost of 100k in their account? How many are gainful employed? How many of them are you patronising their businesses?

Kings life is no competition, live and let's live, don't let no one pressure you into depression, been that road and back... Yes there is nothing wrong being with your parents till 30yrs or more, there's more to this life than just faking reality!

There are men who are building their own house from their parent home! As long as your parent house provides you a room, abeg save money!

LIFE NO BE COMPETITION!!!

Hmmm
I was with my parent till I clocked 33yrs
My dad used to put #200 On the table for my daily feeding
A graduate with no job ...lolz..

You can’t even go out to search for job in the part of Lagos I lived in because transport fare sef go finish you

Until God opened the door for greener pasture

The same reason I don’t joke with my dad’s feeding and upkeep

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Abbeylanre15(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
D matter no concern me....

BTW

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by abbey621(m): 9:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ategberoson:
no one make it in their comfort zone. if your parents hustle down for you with many investments, you won't have any reason to even think of staying put with them

I don't think this Op have experience indirect insult before? I'll rather stay with friends if I haven't make it than stay in my comfort zone. staying in your comfort zone will only give you reason to managed your Pains and challenges

pains and challenges are meant to tackle not to manage hence staying in your parents house would demoralized you of your goals&life objectives

I don't think you understood what the OP stated. Many people move out of their parent/s house but are not financially independent. They still come home for foodstuffs, money etc. Many people on that thread claimed they moved out at 16, 17, 18 and so on but in truth they were just at the university...lol. Over 60% of Nigerian youths are still leeching off of their parents or siblings, even the so called graduates. You can't claim to be hustling when you turn around and call mummy to send recharge cards or call daddy that you're broke.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ladycewhy(f): 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2020
It's depends on the type of home you have ,if na like mama sikiru wey born 5 children wey she ,her husband and her five children dey stay for one room for face me I slap you compound ... lipsrsealed.

Like I always say, to each his own. But let me co-sign with the OP and remind everyone that life is not a competition.

8 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by dxdiag(m): 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
I agree with you to an extent

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Doyouhavehoil: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by babyfaceafrica: 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
ovieigho:

Hmmm
I was with my parent till I clocked 33yrs
My dad used to put #200 On the table for my daily feeding
A graduate with no job ...lolz..

You can’t even go out to search for job in the part of Lagos I lived in because transport fare sef go finish you

Until God opened the door for greener pasture

The same reason I don’t joke with my dad’s feeding and upkeep
you d best.. Na pride dey kill some people

12 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by bukatyne(f): 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2020
Akhirastriver:

God ,some people need to borrow sense from u ,somebody give this guy a beer .Fantabulous

Hahahahahahaha @ borrow sense. Water is fine and it is a 'she' not 'he'.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by jericco1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2020
I don't know about you guys but I prefer staying alone biko.. as of age, if you know what you're doing you'd figure it out

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
Bigyusluv:
I'm here to tackle the post "At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House?". Forgive my English cause I'm a drop out. Lolx

Read through almost all the comments on that thread and all I can say is most NL members are just chasing clout... Bloody liars.

Some said they left their parents house age 17,20 and 22! Oh continue! You left your parent house to where.? Your own rented apartment? Or to squart with a friend or cousin? Or to live under the bridge?. Tell us! What is a 17yrs old doing to survive? You be footballer or you be musician? And to the ladies commenting a man should leave at least before clocking 25yrs.. Your senior bro who is 25yrs or above is still living with your parent and yet you're advising innocent soul on this faceless forum to leave their parent.
Why do we all chose to lie to hurt people reading comments to learn and grab a few hint?

How many guys within 22-30yrs old doing legit can boost of 100k in their account? How many are gainful employed? How many of them are you patronising their businesses?

Kings life is no competition, live and let's live, don't let no one pressure you into depression, been that road and back... Yes there is nothing wrong being with your parents till 30yrs or more, there's more to this life than just faking reality!

There are men who are building their own house from their parent home! As long as your parent house provides you a room, abeg save money!

LIFE NO BE COMPETITION!!!
Well said even though it's a troll.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by bukatyne(f): 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
Okuda:

lol at 27 my mama no let woman come see me for house oooo grin

Are you working? How many girls have you brought home prior to now?

Have you shown responsibility in other areas?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by gungab(m): 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Common Meenh.

Life no be competition
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Uyi168: 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by PotatoSalad(m): 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
Although it's not a must, it helps to develop your independence.
I moved out at 23. Best decision ever

5 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ategberoson(m): 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
abbey621:

I don't think you understood what the OP stated. Many people move out of their parent/s house but are not financially independent. They still come home for foodstuffs, money etc. Many people on that thread claimed they moved out at 16, 17, 18 and so on but in truth they were just at the university...lol. Over 60% of Nigerian youths are still leaching off of their parents or siblings, even the so called graduates. You can't claim to be hustling when you turn around and call mummy to send recharge cards or call daddy that you're broke.

please how is my post any different? if you stay away from home, you get disconnected easily from home

you can't stay in your comfort zone and expect not to rush home for help or aid. I stay close to home and do that during those days not until I left far away and hustle like a lion while i scot with some friends

getting help from parents won't make a man most esp grow
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by mrkings84(m): 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
The problem we have in this part of the world is too much Oyinbo films. Just imagine, after seeing a movie, all that was detailed their u want to practice and implement without considering ur environment.

No doubts in Oyinbo land a child of 17 or 18 is thru with his university, some are gainfully employed at 18, now wen u see that u want aa Nigeria boy who at 25 is still writing JAMB to be in same circle, impossible.

In Nigeria, even if a man is 40 and still stays with his parents, that's how the society over here has made things.... No lele...

Globally NIGERIA is a country that's so blessed with lots of resources but has the most inpoverished citizens.

Thanks to APC who came on board and are helping to make Nigeria poverty hqtrs of the world by destroying the economic totally...

8 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Peacefuluz(f): 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
Cool

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Goodness011(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
https://www.facebook.com/udeh.ugochukwu.545
Follow that my link to message me cause I'll be giving out 0.05bitcoin interested people only

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! / I Honestly Need To Know The Meaning Of These Words- "Boo" And "Bae" / The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.