Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (42707 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:35am On Jul 30, 2020
minasota:
[color=#990000][/color]Better electricity in owerri??

Yea, better than where I base
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by seanwilliam(m): 6:42am On Jul 30, 2020
abbey621:

I don't think you understood what the OP stated. Many people move out of their parent/s house but are not financially independent. They still come home for foodstuffs, money etc. Many people on that thread claimed they moved out at 16, 17, 18 and so on but in truth they were just at the university...lol. Over 60% of Nigerian youths are still leeching off of their parents or siblings, even the so called graduates. You can't claim to be hustling when you turn around and call mummy to send recharge cards or call daddy that you're broke.

So most people wey dey comot for age 12,13,14. I wonder wetin dem dey do to survive o..

I hail u boss

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by TheBlessedHero: 6:45am On Jul 30, 2020
prekumohtim:

This your post should be appreciated by Africans but not Europeans. A European parent would arrest or sue you if you continue to live in their house at that age

lol. arrest keh? haba. but I'm sure many of them will charge you for tenancy, except if they own the house.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by afolayan22(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2020
Macsjebs:
Uwc Sir
Call Wale On 08128006823

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by mercyland93(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2020
If their is no functional income to keep a man going, it's best advice to not leave ur father's house.
And how I wish that everyman to hustle so as to be matured enough for his future family.

Like a friend (who has been living on his own ) told me so many years ago, that it isn't easy but it is the best for a man to live the confines of his parents.

I left my dad's house when I clocked 32yrs that is 4years after my NYSC, despite the fact that one of my elder brothers (who doesn't think at all) kept raising his family in that same house..

I left, kept hustling, took teaching as a profession (even called myself educational instructor to make my soul happy) coupled with some private coachings. Enrolled for my Masters Program and got married after.

Actually, leaving the parents house is not easy, but it is the best. We just need to apply some senses b4 embarking on that..

4 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by MiamiePizza(m): 6:56am On Jul 30, 2020
When people say they left their parents home at 17,18,19 and 20 believe them. I got a friend who left home at 17. He was living with his Aunt in Egbeda Lagos, got a security job in Ajah with accommodation and left. After working there for 2yrs and saved enough, he came back to the mainland, got an apartment and a fairly used bike. Right now he's not even 25 but has more than 2m in his account. He plans going foreign anytime soon. I told him to register on NL for updates and tips to go foreign. People still leave their parents home at a very tender age.

2 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by ogascomax: 6:58am On Jul 30, 2020
I am in my 30's still with my parents, a graduate and for now I am happy, although I am planning to get my place but still not in hurry to do that.

Live is not really a competition, sometimes people just put themselves under unnecessary pressure.

Make I CALM DOWN here.

3 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by seanwilliam(m): 7:03am On Jul 30, 2020
ArticleBeast:
Most of you in support of Op are just looking for a way to give yourself excuse. Even if you are calling popsi and momsi for money from time to time, move out. Hustle for yourself. You will learn more from not being in your comfort zone. I know you are scared that things may not turn out well, still move out. Get a place of your own. You will learn financial and life experience that you wouldn't get receiving 200 naira everyday from papa.

if you move out, the bolded is not expected from you..and besides wetin work for you no fit work for me

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by seanwilliam(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2020
Anything wey u like, do o, live with your parent or not, koko be say make u sha dey successful...

Some hypocrites living on their own still dey collect stipend from family once in a while.. and u self go claim independent oo.. ode

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by MightyHand(m): 7:16am On Jul 30, 2020
Vyzz:

shocked shocked shocked

Wow

At 14 u were already teaching
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by flyingpig: 7:19am On Jul 30, 2020
chatinent:

I started teaching at 15 after my secondary school. I was also into freelancing. I'll advise you remain home if you receive love and the care you need -- I left because I lacked those.
Good advice
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Dannyilo(m): 7:24am On Jul 30, 2020
If I am a father of a boy child especially who is up 20 years. I will encourage him to be independent even before that age. I will make sure at 16 yrs, he has learnt one trade or the other. I wouldn't want my child to be looking for a paid job from my house @ 30yrs old. Most times, what we call suffering is what is supposed to open our eyes to the real world. Nothing good comes easy. What I see now is that, Young men @ over 30yrs are still staying in family houses while keeping girlfriends.
I left my parent's house @ 19yrs old. I am full street man. I very uncomfortable staying at home. I started organizing home lessons for primary and secondary school pupils when I was 17. I learnt computer hardware maintenance at some point. By the time I was 23, I was able sponsor my education to HND level. I eventually got married at 25 and hoping that when I will be 50yrs, my last child should be in the university or graduating from the university.
Life is not a competition but I don't subscribe to being comfortable being dependent and broke. Currently, I sell yams, garri, rice and foodstuffs generally as a man. I have a university degree and polytechnic degree. Don't be shy to go all out and hustle. There are so many street hustle that pays more than the white collar jobs but we think its for the uneducated.

5 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by ArticleBeast: 7:27am On Jul 30, 2020
seanwilliam:
if you move out, the bolded is not expected from you..and besides wetin work for you no fit work for me
If it doesn't work for you it will work for another person.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by seanwilliam(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2020
ArticleBeast:

If it doesn't work for you it will work for another person.
E no fit work for everybody... koko na to be successful ... some niggas dey their parents home and they are financially doing better than you .. they have lots of achievement than you.. so bobo know what works for you
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by EazyMoh(m): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2020
Moving out too early when one has no genuine source of income is the first class to ticket for young men to become Yahoo boys and the ladies to become runa girls, directly or indirectly.

During my university days it is common to see some students not going home for holidays. They prefer to stay not because they hustle or they are independent but simply because they love the freedom of doing whatever they like. Which in many occasion is not palatable. Smoke weed, fornicate and join cults.

A young person of teenage needs parental guidance and supervision in most cases, and it is reckless of parents to allow their teenage kids move out in the name of hustling.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by TheLasyBuddha: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2020
I'll be 26 soon. If I tell you sey adulthood no dey take a toll on me, na lie I dey lie.

This country, I tire.

2 Likes

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by King44(m): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2020
All is well

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Darey00(m): 8:13am On Jul 30, 2020
ComedianzazaB:
Omo some family no balance oooo

for those of you wey your parents get house and investment full ground for una, make una just blessed God because his faithful. at least una parents try no be joke.

Sometimes I hear big guys of 20-25 go say "my dad just bought me a new phone" omo that talk dey shock me because this life no balance.

If your parents get money, omo just dey house dey flex your parents money ah no mind all this motivational speakers

we wey dey street no get joy but we just dey managed our condition according to Op. life no be competition.

Lmaooo at bolded I swear I dey think say na only me oo. Whenever I hear my guys say that around me e dey do me like film aswear ��
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by 10kgod(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2020
I don leave my home already. But I will not support leaving when things are not okay.

Laundry is available.... at your door step for OSOGBO people. check my signature
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jman24(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Some parents struggle to pay rent o, many parents no be landlord o. Some parents are frustrating o, so a man has no choice than to leave. Why do you think male kids are given their own thatch house away from the main house once they grown during the olden days?

You are not totally right. They give male kids their own thatch for mainly marriage purposes. All the married men/family in the compound still come back to eat from the main house. having their own house is just for procreation purposes in those days. At least for the Igbo culture
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ategberoson(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2020
abbey621:

grin cheesy grin grin grin - Ladies & Gentlemen I present.....The future of Nigeria grin grin grin grin

you're just one attention seeker and a mushin street hustler wannabe

you graduated from the street in Mushin and you no still get sense? Sé na Aba or na Awka you won go to get sense now?

no brain, no instinct. abeg stick with your toys
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by popoolaRofiat(f): 8:37am On Jul 30, 2020
chatinent:
I don't subscribe to any of the posts but I certainly started hustling at age 14, and left home 18. The condition of the home made me look for another home.

That is another story entirely.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 30, 2020
True bro life no be by competition. Many people are now seeing it as a crime when they live in their parents house up to certain age which is not right. Live and lets live. May God bless you for this message.

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ategberoson(m): 8:40am On Jul 30, 2020
ModestGal:

I 100% disagree

that's the spirit of debate. what work for you might not work for others

so you're entitled to the disagreement unlike one 13century Dundee forcing me to think in his useless dumb sense
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by pomide(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2020
A wise friend once told me: "if you pack commot ya papa house, and you no plan am well, you go pack enter back" cheesy
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jman24(m): 8:56am On Jul 30, 2020
I think what is happening to our own generation now is identity crisis. The only reasons you should leave your parents house is; if you are marrying (though not compulsory) but their are preferences for privacy in marriage (even in Time past).

Realistically, in our modern time, jobs/transfers in another area/region can make you leave, which is understandable. Any other thing short of that as a young man, you would have ended up deceiving yourself.

Forget all those talk that moving out of your parents house will make you huzzle. Absolute trash..

"Person wey get huzling spirit get huzling spirit" .. even in my father's house back then in school I was making a fortune from barbing. Students like to treat their hair eeh especially on Saturdays to look neat for girls' ....sorry!!! for the Lord on Sunday.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by jnoz23(m): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2020
Do u know some birds delibrately throw their chicks out of the nest so they will learn how to fly?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jman24(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2020
jnoz23:
Do u know some birds delibrately throw their chicks out of the nest so they will learn how to fly?

You can't know more than their "mother" she may throw those she feel are capable.
Remember she doesn't throw all. She selects

1 Like

Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by jnoz23(m): 9:11am On Jul 30, 2020
How will you learn money management in ur fathers house?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by jnoz23(m): 9:13am On Jul 30, 2020
Jman24:

You can't know more than their "mother" she may throw those she feel are capable.
Remember she doesn't throw all. She selects
she throws the chicks that refuse to learn so they can know they were made to fly.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Jman24(m): 9:14am On Jul 30, 2020
jnoz23:
How will you learn money management in ur fathers house?

It's just like asking. How will you learn sex in your father's house?

Throughout your life time, u have handled management skills consciously or subconsciously. (In school, managing transport fair, even starving yourself to save up money to flex your girlfriend..lol)
Re: Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable by Ooluwatobi95: 9:14am On Jul 30, 2020
Good.
based on what is on ground now,dnt use urself to compare others or others to compare urself.
twin are born identically or nt identically,share the same genotype or phyntific expression might not or might have different issues.
know urself and be urslf.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.