Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Meaning And Differences Among Internet,intranet And Extranet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meaning And Differences Among Internet,intranet And Extranet (474 Views)

Resemblance And Differences Among Narrative Essays And Reflective Articles / Nigerian National Flag: History, Colors, Meaning And Symbolism / What Are The Differences Among Project, Thesis And Dissertation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meaning And Differences Among Internet,intranet And Extranet by dosuu: 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
Internet
It is a global network of computers across the world wide web. It allows us to communicate, share information etc.
An example is the type of network we use to google words or visit nairaland.
There are some disadvantages such as virus, identity theft etc.

Intranet
It is a private network of computers within an organisation with its own firewall and server. It is a private network enterprise.
An example is a network server in an organisation (e.g microfinance bank). It nothing to do with outside of the organisation.
There are disadvantages such as loss of control, denial of service etc.

Extranet
It is a network within an organisation, using internet to connect to outsiders in controlled manner. It is a means of conveying information between members of the organisation and external members.
An example is a network used US CIA and connected externally by US FBI
A disadvantage is that it is vulnerable to security breaches.

Conclusion
Internet is open to entire world
Intranet is a private space
Extranet is a combination of both intranet and internet.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMicJFJhD44&t=327s [/url]
Re: Meaning And Differences Among Internet,intranet And Extranet by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
One mind is telling me to quit nairaland. Another mind is telling me not too. I'll soon find out which one is right.

(1) (Reply)

Which Private University Will Offer Me Admission Easily? / How To Score 300+ In 2021 Jamb / Ebsu Resumption Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.