Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition (44198 Views)

Five Things Tinubu Proved With His Town Hall Meeting In Benin - Omo-Ikiroda / What Tinubu said about Ambode's impeachment after Crucial Meeting with APC leade / Tinubu Speaks About APC Lagos Governorship Primaries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by stephanie11: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Saturday issued a statement on the recent crisis that rocked his party.

Tinubu listed several observations and addressed certain rumours about the 2023 Presidential elections. POLITICS NIGERIA has compiled 8 major things Tinubu highlighted in his statement;

1. DISINTEGRATION OF APC

The National leader addressed several comments that the party was divided and will crack up before 2023 saying; "“Most such dire predictions were from critics whose forecasts said more about their ill will than they revealed about our party’s objective condition,".

He described the predictions as premature, adding that “an honest person must admit the party had entered a space where it had no good reason to be”.

2. OSHIOMOLE MADE MISTAKES

Tinubu expressed agreement with assertions that the National Chairman of the Party, Adams Oshiomole made mistakes in handling the party's crisis.

"Comrade Oshiomhole tried his best. Mistakes were made and he must own them. Yet, we must remember also that he was an able and enthusiastic campaigner during the 2019 election. He is a man of considerable ability as are the rest of you who constituted the NWC."

3. EROSION OF PARTY DISCIPLINE, MUTUAL RESPECT AND ORDER

Tinubu also expressed disappointment that party discipline, mutual respect and order completely disappeared from the party.

"Order, party discipline and mutual respect went out of the window. Members instituted all manner of court cases, most of them destructive, some of them frivolous, none of them necessary. In the process, a dense fog fell upon our party." he said.

4. 2023 PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION

The Former Lagos Governor also weighed in on rumours of a 2023 presidential ambition he harbours. He wrote;

"To those who have been actively bleating how the President’s actions and the NEC meeting have ended my
purported 2023 ambitions, I seek your pity. I am but a mere mortal who does not enjoy the length of foresight or political wisdom you profess to have. Already, you have assigned colourful epitaphs to the 2023 death of an alleged political ambition that is not yet even born."

"At this extenuating moment with COVID-19 and its economic fallout hounding us, I cannot see as far into the distance as you. I have made no decision regarding 2023 for the concerns of this hour are momentous enough."

"During this period, I have not busied myself with politicking regarding 2023. I find that a bit distasteful and somewhat uncaring particularly when so many of our people have been unbalanced by the twin public health and economic crises we face. I have devoted these last few months to thinking of policies that may help the nation in the here and now. What I may or may not do 3 years hence seems too remote given present exigencies."

"Those who seek to cast themselves as political Nostradamus’ are free to so engage their energies. I trust the discerning public will give the views of such eager seers the scant weight such divinations warrant."

"Personally, I find greater merit trying to help in the present by offering policy ideas, both privately and publicly, where I think they might help. I will continue in this same mode for the immediate future. 2023 will answer its own questions in due time."

5. PERSONAL SACRIFICES

Tinubu called on party members to embrace making sacrifices for the good of the party.

"I have toiled for this party as much as any other person and perhaps more than most. Despite this investment or perhaps due to it, I have no problem with making personal sacrifices (and none of us should have such a problem) as long as the party remains true to its progressive, democratic creed. Politics is but a vehicle to arrive at governance. Good politics promotes good governance. Yet, politics is also an uncertain
venture."

"No one gets all they want all the time. In even a tightly-woven family, differences and competing interests must be balanced and accommodated."

6. NWC MEMBERS MUST SHEATH THEIR SWORDS

The Lagos Politician also called on aggrieved members of the now-dissolved party National Working Committee, NWC to unite and move the party forward.

"I appeal to all former members of the National Working Committee and all members of our party to sheathe their swords and look to the larger picture."

7. SUPPORT BUHARI'S DECISION

Tinubu admonished members of the party to adopt and follow the President's decisions for the party.

"The President has spoken and his decision has been accepted. It is now beholden on all of us, as members of the APC, to recommit ourselves to the ideals and principles on which our party was founded. While we recognize that people have personal ambitions, those ambitions are secondary, not sacrosanct."

"Members must subordinate their ambitions to health and well-being of the party. Never should our party be defined by one person’s interests or even the amalgam of all members’ individual interests. A successful party must be greater than the sum of its parts."

8. PREPARE FOR EDO, ONDO ELECTIONS

Tinubu also reminded party members about the upcoming Edo and Ondo State Elections. He asked members to come together in order to win both elections.

We have governorship elections around the corner in Edo and a primary and elections in Ondo. On these important events, we must concentrate our immediate energies. In the longer run, we must restore the collegial nature to the party so that it should be in the practice of coming to support the President instead of him having to rescue the party from itself.

"In Edo, we must rally round our candidate Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu. In this, Comrade Oshiomhole has a crucial role to play. I congratulate him for his equanimity and loyalty to the party and our President in accepting the dissolution of the NWC. I encourage him, now, to return to Edo State to energise the campaign for the election of Pastor Ize-Iyamu."

"In Ondo, we must set the procedures for primaries and conduct that exercise in a fair, transparent manner that shows the Nigerian people the party has left turmoil behind."

SOURCE: https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-8-things-tinubu-said-about-apc-crisis-2023-presidential-ambition/

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by lastcall: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
He must be president come 2023....... If you people don't want to buy sense. He will surely take the country to utopia judging by is humility and love for the people. A good example is the Lagos State Governors pension. We can't wait

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by obasi101(m): 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
That is how they ll be exchanging Powers in Nigeria, asif the country is clothes or boxers. Sheybi we dey.... Las Las God no go shame us

7 Likes

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by BOOZELEE: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
Lols

Sounds more like a surrender speech. cheesy

He is trying to fool northerners and the governors by sweet talking them so that they will feel all is well so that he can trow a killer punch when they lose guard but unfortunately for him he has bin checkmated by a pawn in the game by the name giadom.
He should save his speech..I feel they already know he is just bin a hypocrite

Why didn't he say all this crap before now?He has seen the writing on the wall and his now forming progressive..

Jagaban the great coward of our time.

When are u going to court?I heard u haven't lost a battle since the days of Alexander the great.Hahaha.loser. tongue

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by EwuGambia: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
The way unah dey drag this Baba like tiger gen.... if rope cutundecided

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by VcStunner(m): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Lmao! Oga likes to sound like some political god, but alas, the aboki up north is politically smatter than the professor of political science down here in the south. Emotions no go let us unite. Not now, not ever.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by Tomtomy98: 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Consoling statement

Are you trying to play mind game??

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
I and my ipob brothers will not vote for a thief

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by Heffalump(m): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
What is this okpolor-eye man saying self

When you assume too much air and claim excessive superiority over other mortals, you spoil things for yourself. That's the case of Tinubu.

The way he succeeded in making almost everybody in the Southwest his personal stooge and political slave is very disheartening lipsrsealed

My advice to him is that, his 2023 presidential ambition is a tall dream, and should better think of a better way of building Nigeria based on equity, fairness, and sincerity of purpose.

A much younger and vibrant Nigerian president is all we want in 2023.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by ODJ124(m): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
cool cool cool
The jagaban himself..
I knew he was just observing what is going on in the Party.... and at the Right time a decision will be made .
which he has just done...

And besides who says by putting your people in strategic position... means you are gonna be president...
it's the people who decides..
so it left for the people to decide If they him as president or Not...

I know if he contest he's gonna Win... that's why people are so Afraid of him..

You know the good apple gets the most stones..
I rest my case..

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nigerianleleyi0: 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2020

11 Likes

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by crown08(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
grin
Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by whippersnapper(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by Lamasta(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Baba has finally found his voice again that's good.
APC should forget Edo State and probably Ondo cos its already gone grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by francis5051: 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Since the so called asorock cabals has used and dump both Tinubu and oshiom-Ole let one of them come out and tell Nigerian that the person in asorock is not buhari..das wot I want to hear let Dem Xpose some the secrets please

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by nitrogen(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Haha, you guys started it. Now the whole of Nigeria is talking about Tinubu. More popularity, I guess.

Watch the game and learn how strategists win, instead of sounding like empty barrels.

cheesy cheesy

22 Likes

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by chigo003(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
HAhaahhaahaha......the fear of EFCC

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by techmo(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
No kill us with Tinubu news na

3 Likes

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by DropsMic(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Yawn
Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by GeniusWeb: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
In Fireboy's voice: "Party Scatter"

2 Likes

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by bro4u: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Make Yoruba person come be president make I see, I'd gladly vote Usman Dan Fodio over Tinubu angry angry

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by Damidave1124(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
The way some people carry Tinubu matter for head ehn! He has not even made his intention known about 2023, the way some set of people hate him for no just course baffles me.

What exactly are they even gloating over? Because of the dissolution of NWC?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by aremuforlife(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jagaban has spoken, all speculation should end without any further analysis or political miscalculation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by colorsofrainbow: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Words of consolation... grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by EdidemLord(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
ok
Re: 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
this man is playing professional politics... mere mortal abi living oracle.. at least he looks like a living juju .. well this battles are not about improving the wellbeing of the masses ... instead they are simply old men measuring the lengths of their dicks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Pictures From Labour Party Presidential Rally In Osun State / APC's Resolution Lifting Oshiomole's Suspension / Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Kingpin While Trying To Flee Sambisa Forest(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.