Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:06 PM

What Are The Strange Myths In Your Village? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Strange Myths In Your Village? (423 Views)

Mention Your Village, Hometown And LGA And Find Your Kinsmen/relatives / Strange Masquerades Spotted In Port Harcourt By A Nairalander: Pictures & Video / 6 Nigerian Cultural Myths That Are Unfavourable To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Strange Myths In Your Village? by pregnantMan: 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hello nairalanders..
Due to this lockdown i have stayed almost 3months in my hometown(the longest i have stayed since i was born)..

Am frm Akwa-Ibom state(Ini LGA,Mbiabong Ikot Udofia)..

I have gotten to know more about my culture and people..Just this evening, I and my cousin was having a discussion and he told me some strange things in my village.
1) When the second daughter in a family wants to get married, the parent of the girl must not eat any food prepared for that wedding,( if they do so, the parent will die mysteriously within a short period!)..He gave me instances some parents refuse to adhere to this and non of them survived.. I made some enquiries from some elders nd they all confirmed it to be a true fact..

2) If a owner of a tree,shouts/stop a family member from plucking fruits/leafs from that tree, that tree will automatically dry off and stops producing fruits.(lol) Even if that person is not known to be a family,the tree will dry off!

So guys,what are the strange rules in your village that you heard of or you know?
Pls mods help move to FP...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

African Black Soap (ose Dudu) / This Is Amazing!!! / I Was Promised Salesgirl Job In Ogun But Turned Into Sex Slave – 16-year-old Cro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.