Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? (20433 Views)

Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / The Habit Of Remembering Sex Scene While Praying / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by anonymuz(m): 9:24am On Jun 28, 2020
Just to avoid distractions
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by vigate(m): 9:24am On Jun 28, 2020
Sunnybabe:
I think closing of eyes when praying is just to avoid distraction. in the sense that when u closed ur eyes when praying it's create an eligibility for u to be quickly connected in the spirit
That's also true
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by barrypro: 9:26am On Jun 28, 2020
cool
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by SavageMaster: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2020
bamvik:
I have seen some persons opening their eyes while praying (even speaking in tongues). So is it good or bad and whats the biblical pattern?

I don't think there's a good and bad about it.

If you open your eyes while praying, your mind may wander and get distracted by the things you're seeing in your environment while praying.

However, if you're walking around while praying, you may bump into obstacles or be bothered about crashing into a wall. In that case, leaving your eyes open may be better.

However, it all boils down to the state of your mind
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by tunary(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2020
Security persons don't close eye during prayer, to open eye while praying is not a sin
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by IYANGBALI: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2020
OKOATA:
If you are alone or with your family you can pray and close your eyes but if you are within a congregation it’s better to open your eyes. A psycho guy sat next to a man in a church and while praying the mad man bite the man ears, nobody knew the guy had mental. When people asked the man how he didn’t know before a mad man bite him he said he closed his eyes while praying, some will even close their eyes and they will steal their phones or valuables.
this is super story by wale adenuga
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by AristocraticMe: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2020
I will be back
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Desystem: 9:32am On Jun 28, 2020
shesawesome:
Closing eyes is just to make you less distracted

Aptly captured. Growing up as a child, Mum at some point would say, if you open your eyes while praying, you will see devil. At a certain age, I could remember asking her what she meant by that, and she gladly replied, anything that can distract you when you're praying and your eyes are open is devil.

In all your attention, concentration and state of mind is Paramount.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by koolaid87: 9:32am On Jun 28, 2020
Close your eyes if you're in a secured environment. Open your eyes if you don't trust the settings.

If bible didn't give reference, then you use common sense

Watch and pray, remember?
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by tunary(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2020
EmekaBlue:
I close my eyes halfway those days i dey pray...i no dey pray again these days

prayers come be like eno dey work

God forgive me
Always be very serious with your prayers and don't stop praying even when it looks like there's no answer. prayer means communication with God. PRAY
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by 12345baba(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2020
shesawesome:
Closing eyes is just to make you less distracted
cool point. But why do we also close it while kissing?
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Reference(m): 9:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Doesn't matter if you will not be distracted like while praying in your closet you can adopt any posture but in public the untamed eyes is apt to lead the mind about and to engage the soul to speak to God you need a rock steady mind. Some having trained their minds deeply with the spirit can pray in any circumstance. Their mind, soul and spirit are practically one.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2020
cheesy if you open your eyes angel will pass and blind yougrin some pastor sha, anyhow you feel like just pray to your God. pastor that want to pray for mad person will never close his eyes sad

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Burntcoal(f): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2020
I was once under a deliverance session in church.... Naso pastor talk say.... Everyone close ur eyes the spirit is abt to move..... Naso I shut my eyes, as d spirit dey move, naso e move on lady like dat roll her, she just give me backhand for neck.

Next thing I'm on the floor, with a bleeding elbow. wen the usher wan carry me go front, I stood up, clean my body, go stand for back.

Since den, i no dey close eyes oooo, better still I bow my head open my eyes wide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by ukeleh: 9:42am On Jun 28, 2020
If it is not compulsory to close eyes to pray, why then do Christian teachers beat children on assembly ground in schools for not closing their eyes

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Seetto: 9:44am On Jun 28, 2020
The question is, how did Jesus pray, pray the way you see him praying..
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Yale9(m): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2020
bamvik:
I have seen some persons opening their eyes while praying (even speaking in tongues). So is it good or bad and whats the biblical pattern?
how old are you? You ask like you're still in primary school where they force pupils to shut their eyes while praying. Or does the Bible mandate the eyes to be closed when praying?
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Yale9(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2020
ukeleh:
If it is not compulsory to close eyes to pray, why then do Christian teachers beat children on assembly ground in schools for not closing their eyes
cos Protestants have confused everything about the religion.

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by toprealman: 9:45am On Jun 28, 2020
TeejayBlaq:
when you open ur eyes while praying you'll see the devil...i remember dose dayz in primary sku
Will those teachers of your not be guilty of lying?
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by cardoctor(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2020
Does it matter wether opened or closed?
Muslims pray without necessarily closing their eyes.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2020
some people believe that if they close their eyes while praying, they will be seeing the angels or visions grin

isn't God glorious.

Glory be to you, Father.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by samwash(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2020
There's nothing wrong in opening your eyes while praying.
Watch & Pray..
They are some prayer which you need to own your eyes to pray.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by awoluyi(m): 9:51am On Jun 28, 2020
If you are praying at the market (say in Onitsha or Ladipo) , it's advisable to open your eyes for reasons that are well known. Amongst are:
1. Grade 1 articles you have paid for can be replaced with grade 7.
2. The man who is to give you change might disappear.
3. The wheelbarrow pusher might disappear with your goods in his narrow.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Dominatrix(f): 9:51am On Jun 28, 2020
Always keep your eyes open... Even while you're sleeping.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by destiny333(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Close your eyes so that you won't see the spirit of God as He is performing wonders.

The eyes that seeth the Lord shall die. !
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by bankole200(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2020
It is the normal norm, mostly to avoid distraction. When you close your eyes, you will be able to concentrate. It is meant to guide against distraction from the eyes gate. Though other gates like ear, mouth, mind are still vulnerable to distraction if not properly guided.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by jumich1(m): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2020
*It is said “if you want to hide anything from the general public, put it in a book”*

*If you want to rub mind(s) with great leaders and the anointing of Servants of a great God, take time to read their books*

*Christian EBook Library is where you can share and get all christian book FREE OF CHARGE

Wish to join the group? Chat me up on 0 7 0 3 4 9 3 4 7 2 6 to be added up
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 28, 2020
Burntcoal:
I was once under a deliverance session in church.... Naso pastor talk say.... Everyone close ur eyes the spirit is abt to move..... Naso I shut my eyes, as d spirit dey move, naso e move on lady like dat roll her, she just give me backhand for neck.

Next thing I'm on the floor, with a bleeding elbow. wen the usher wan carry me go front, I stood up, clean my body, go stand for back.

Since den, i no dey close eyes oooo, better still I bow my head open my eyes wide.

Very funny.. usher think say na anointing fall on u grin
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by maduxs: 10:01am On Jun 28, 2020
The God we serve is spirit, the reason for closing eyes is to avoid distraction because if your eyes is open all these ladies that comes to tempt God will distract you with their curves and sexy body. Before you no you will be seeing yourself making love to them while you are in prayers. God will now be looking at you like you are not serious and your problem will multiply
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by whitenoiseng: 10:02am On Jun 28, 2020
I believe as long as it’s from the heart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.