Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? (21209 Views)

What Does The Bible Have To Say About YAHOO YAHOO? / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Firstandonly(m): 8:17am On Jun 28, 2020
Pastors in the house is it bad to adopt a child?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Actuator: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2020
hmmm... Here to read comments
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2020
Is Joseph the biological father of Jesus? No.

Adopt if you can take good care of the child.

And please, refrain from asking dumb que...it's annoying. angry

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by TeejayBlaq(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2020
The bible says it's a good decision to adopt a child!!!!!

9 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by xynerise: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Firstandonly:
Pastors in the house is it bad to adopt a child?

There are some things we need to apply common sense to

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by CodeTemplar: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Adoption to me is man made concept that aligns with God's charity commandment perfectly.

28 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by visiondee(m): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2020
If God can redeem us through adoption by accepting his only son Jesus Christ, we are no longer slave but legitimate sons and daughters enjoying all that our Heavenly Father owns, who then are we to set one child aside from the other

Ephesians 1:5

“In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will . . .

BUT WHEN THE SET TIME HAD FULLY COME, GOD SENT HIS SON, BORN OF A WOMAN, BORN UNDER THE LAW, TO REDEEM THOSE UNDER THE LAW, THAT WE MIGHT RECEIVE ADOPTION. SO YOU ARE NO LONGER A SLAVE, BUT GOD’S CHILD; AND SINCE YOU ARE HIS CHILD, GOD HAS MADE YOU ALSO AN HEIR.” – GALATIANS 4:4-5 & 7

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by FuckHomophobes: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2020
cheesy Inukwa... See question.

You better go and download premium VPN logins here
https://bit dot ly/30ZFW80 and make money online cool

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by babythug(f): 9:13am On Jun 28, 2020
I doubt if there’s any direct bible verse that will say adopt or don’t adopt .

It could be categorised under subjects like - taking in the homeless and showing love to another like Jesus expects us to.

One will have to go directly to God via prayers to make a decision.

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by darwin66109: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2020
Cc
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Stallion93(m): 9:13am On Jun 28, 2020
Hmmm.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2020

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by thesolutions(m): 9:13am On Jun 28, 2020
Nothing.

But God acknowledging mankind as His Adopted children makes adoption a virtue.

God commanded the barren to rejoice because the desolate has many children. It is now left for us to take care of the children of the desolate as ours to the extent of having them as ours by meeting some terms and understandings.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by mmsen: 9:14am On Jun 28, 2020
If a child needs loving parents and you can provide a loving home why do you need the Bible to tell to do that which is good?

Does the Bible tell you how to drive? How to use the internet? How to make a phone call?

This thread is proof of how dangerous religion/authoritarianism is.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by mmsen: 9:14am On Jun 28, 2020
xynerise:

There is no 'common sense' when it comes to religion.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by CoronaVirusPro: 9:14am On Jun 28, 2020
xynerise:

I love your response!

Kudos!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by xynerise: 9:15am On Jun 28, 2020
mmsen:

There is no 'common sense' when it comes to religion.
Christianity is not a religion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by mmsen: 9:15am On Jun 28, 2020
xynerise:

Christianity is not a religion

Thank you supporting my point with your comment.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 28, 2020
TheRealProphet:

You are spoiling some people's businesses.�

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by xynerise: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2020
mmsen:

Thank you supporting my point with your comment.
Your point is a mischievous attempt.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Jmyno1H(m): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2020
Nn
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 28, 2020
Therevenger:

You are spoiling some people's businesses.
You again angry
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by delpee(f): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2020
The Bible says you should care for the fatherless and orphans. Adopting orphans is a way of caring for them. There's nothing wrong with adoption even in the ordinary sense provided it's done properly and with good intention. Buying a stolen child in the name of adoption is a sin and a crime for instance. The same with buying products of baby factories. To avoid sin and the wrath of God, one should follow due process by going through the Social Welfare Department.

Some relevant scriptures are as follows:

James 1:27
Matthew 25:40
Psalm 82:3
Proverbs 31:8-9
Psalm 146:9

I'm not a Pastor but I know people who have happier lives today because they chose to adopt. God blesses the kind hearted in various ways....it's not always about cash alone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Cantonese: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2020
It is biblical. Moses was adopted by Pharaoh's daughter. Esther was adopted by Mordecai her uncle. Remember they are part of the heroes in the Bible. "As you do unto others so you do unto me". Jesus said. Please go ahead if you want.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2020
Thank you, Jesus.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Dreyton36: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2020
TeejayBlaq:
The bible says it's a good decision to adopt a child!!!!!

Where in the Bible was it written
I'm not here for argument ooo , I only came to learn more , so kindly tell me
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2020
Don't know
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2020
TheRealProphet:
You again angry
Yes .I am still trying to get that lalasticlala’s prize for FTC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? / The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.