Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? (21208 Views)

What Does The Bible Have To Say About YAHOO YAHOO? / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Iheuwaneme(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2020
Firstandonly:
Pastors in the house is it bad to adopt a child?

Esther was not the biological daughter of Modecai. Modecai adopted Esther after her parents died and he nurtured her very well until she became the Queen in the most powerful empire at that time.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by kingxsamz(m): 11:32am On Jun 28, 2020
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by MeetDx(m): 11:32am On Jun 28, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Adoption to me is man made concept that aligns with God's charity commandment perfectly.

By Christian definition we are adopted children of God; reconciled to God by Christ Jesus. So adoption is a good thing because God did it first!

By nature we are serpent seeds; that's why none is righteous, no, not one! But now we are reconciled to God through the sacrifice of peace to be co-heirs of his glorious Kingdom with Christ!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by kingxsamz(m): 11:33am On Jun 28, 2020
xynerise:

Christianity is not a religion

What is a religion?
Please explain.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by AyakaDunukofia: 11:35am On Jun 28, 2020
Cantonese:
It is biblical. Moses was adopted by Pharaoh's daughter. Esther was adopted by Mordecai her uncle. Remember they are part of the heroes in the Bible. "As you do unto others so you do unto me". Jesus said. Please go ahead if you want.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by niceguy555: 11:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Yale9:
I understand why you're 99.9% sure cos you have small evidence.

However, life can still be funny, despite the fact that you look like him.

Anyway, don't mind me or take me too seriously. The fact that you look like him is already an almost certainty that he's your father.
Bro, u are right, so stick to your point. The fact that he looks exactly like one of his parents doesn't guarantee that that is his real parent. I have heard and even seen someone who looks exactly like me, but the truth is that I don't even know him before and we are not even related in any way. Won't u call that mystery. So life is very funny indeed. One can't be sure in total.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by BabaAroba: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2020
we're all adopted child to our lord, please if you can adopt as many as you can.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by niceguy555: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Because he fuvked my mum..and I look like him. angry
Guy u can't be too sure. Someone can look exactly like u but u both are not related in any way. Haven't u seen or heard such?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Omooba77: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2020
Firstandonly:

You can adopt as long as you will give same fatherly or motherly care and love you will give your biological children.
Mordecai adopted Esther, Eli took care of Samuel, Timothy and many others were Paul's children in the Lord.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by ajbf: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2020
mmsen:
If a child needs loving parents and you can provide a loving home why do you need the Bible to tell to do that which is good?

Does the Bible tell you how to drive? How to use the internet? How to make a phone call?

This thread is proof of how dangerous religion/authoritarianism is.
Islam teaches its adherents everything.
So, their leaders usually decieve them.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
niceguy555:
Guy u can't be too sure. Someone can look exactly like u but u both are not related in any way. Haven't u seen or heard such?
Stop smoking.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by prettymaxy(f): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jesus loves you. You! I mean you that is reading this post. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior today and live a life of peace.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by whizbee(m): 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
visiondee:
If God can redeem us through adoption by accepting his only son Jesus Christ, we are no longer slave but legitimate sons and daughters enjoying all that our Heavenly Father owns, who then are we to set one child aside from the other

Ephesians 1:5

“In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will . . .

BUT WHEN THE SET TIME HAD FULLY COME, GOD SENT HIS SON, BORN OF A WOMAN, BORN UNDER THE LAW, TO REDEEM THOSE UNDER THE LAW, THAT WE MIGHT RECEIVE ADOPTION. SO YOU ARE NO LONGER A SLAVE, BUT GOD’S CHILD; AND SINCE YOU ARE HIS CHILD, GOD HAS MADE YOU ALSO AN HEIR.” – GALATIANS 4:4-5 & 7

We didn't ask for spiritual analysis paralysis, clear question needs clear answer, can you please epp us?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by uniqueman(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
xynerise:

Christianity is not a religion

What is a religion?
What is Christianity?
Why is Christianity not a religion?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by xynerise: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
uniqueman:

What is a religion?
What is Christianity?

Christianity is not about what you do to please God. It is about grace.

God reaching to you and not you reaching to God.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by visiondee(m): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
whizbee:

We didn't ask for spiritual analysis paralysis, clear question needs clear answer, can you please epp us?
The bible is crystal clear about it, if the word of God doesn't support adoption, it will never be stated in it how Jehovah makes us his heirs... Once our Heavenly Father can make us his children, there's nothing wrong in adopting a child or children if you are accepted to be father or mother as we have accepted our Heavenly Father through his son Jesus Christ. Once after adoption, there should never be discrimination, he or she is entitled to all you've gotten including love, care and discipline
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Danibros: 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Few Sundays ago we talked about adoption in our Sunday school, Moses was adopted and so are we adopted by Christ.
There is nothing wrong with adoption
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by jmichael259(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Were Jesus and Moses not adopted?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by honeyB2018: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
Firstandonly:

Every Born Again child of God, is. an adopted child of God. Infact, the entire Gentiles world in the sight of God, are all adopted. Rom 11:17
So if it is sinful, it will not be of God. In Christ Jesus, we are all adopted sons and daughters of God.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by honeyB2018: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
uniqueman:

What is a religion?
What is Christianity?

Religion is man's way to God
Christianity is the opposite of religion. It's God coming to look for man. Lk. 19:10. Christianity is a way of life . Act.9:2
Christianity can't be religion, because of what it is. God to man.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
Firstandonly:
What could ever go wrong as far as showing love to a child, any child? undecided
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by niceguy555: 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Stop smoking.
You are mad. Your brain needs to be reset for proper working
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by worldbest01(f): 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
hmm some questions here na wa o !
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
niceguy555:
You are mad. Your brain needs to be reset for proper working
I am sorry if my previous response was immature.... but you really need to stop taking drugs undecided identical twin don't need DNA to know if their are siblings... same way father&son resemblance need no DNA...stop taking drugs kid.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Heleda: 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
delpee:
The Bible says you should care for the fatherless and orphans. Adopting orphans is a way of caring for them. There's nothing wrong with adoption even in the ordinary sense provided it's done properly and with good intention. Buying a stolen child in the name of adoption is a sin and a crime for instance. The same with buying products of baby factories. To avoid sin and the wrath of God, one should follow due process by going through the Social Welfare Department.

Some relevant scriptures are as follows:

James 1:27
Matthew 25:40
Psalm 82:3
Proverbs 31:8-9
Psalm 146:9

I'm not a Pastor but I know people who have happier lives today because they chose to adopt. God blesses the kind hearted in various ways....it's not always about cash alone.
You make brain baje
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by niceguy555: 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheRealProphet:
I am sorry if my previous response was immature.... but you really need to stop taking drugs undecided identical twin don't need DNA to know if their are siblings... same way father&son resemblance need no DNA...stop taking drugs kid.
Hey kid, I hav already told u the solution to your myopic reasoning. I bet u, if u go for a brain reset, u will not have a shallow reasoning as u are doing now. I hav seen two persons who are very much alike. One will even think they are twin, but sincerely, they ain't even related. Now, wat wud u say about dis resemblance? Let's see if somtin good can come out from your brain now. Oh sorry u haven't gone to format your brain. Wise up boy.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
niceguy555:
Hey kid, I hav already told u the solution to your myopic reasoning. I bet u, if u go for a brain reset, u will not have a shallow reasoning as u are doing now. I hav seen two persons who are very much alike. One will even think they are twin, but sincerely, they ain't even related. Now, wat wud u say about dis resemblance? Let's see if somtin good can come out from your brain now. Oh sorry u haven't gone to format your brain. Wise up boy.
OK...I understand your point.. we cool right?...I noticed that people who throw insult online suffer from low self-esteem....I hope you ain't 1 undecided stay safe dimwit.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by niceguy555: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheRealProphet:
OK...I understand your point.. we cool right?...I noticed that people who throw insult online suffer from low self-esteem....I hope you ain't 1 undecided stay safe dimwit.
Lolz. I have known you now so I won't trade insult with you. But take that advice I gave u before now and stay safe.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheRealProphet:

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by whizbee(m): 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
visiondee:
The bible is crystal clear about it, if the word of God doesn't support adoption, it will never be stated in it how Jehovah makes us his heirs... Once our Heavenly Father can make us his children, there's nothing wrong in adopting a child or children if you are accepted to be father or mother as we have accepted our Heavenly Father through his son Jesus Christ. Once after adoption, there should never be discrimination, he or she is entitled to all you've gotten including love, care and discipline

Thanks for providing an answer
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
xynerise:

There are some things we need to apply common sense to

True... tell it to the sheeple who would rather wait 10-20 yrs to have a child rather than adopt one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nike Adeyemi Writes Husband Sam Adeyemi Lovely Note On 54th Birthday (Photo) / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.