Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? (22542 Views)

The Difference Between Soul And Spirit, Or Is There One ? / Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Ubongdemaga: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2020
What is the difference between soul and spirit?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by falcon01: 8:44am On Jun 28, 2020
They're both equally irrelevant

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2020
grin
falcon01:

Somebody is vexing grin
falcon01:

Somebody is vexing

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by vertueptime: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
What is the difference between soul and spirit and ghost and mind ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by vecman22(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020
The are same thing
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Palmerbarry: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020
I am here to learn

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by prinx55555(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020
Spirit is spirit spelt as S.P.I.R.I.T( do not interchange the two I) while Soul is soul spelt as S.O.U.L.

36 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by VirginSearcher(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by aleeyus(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
What is the difference between soul and spirit?

soul can be spirit and spirit can also be soul but sometimes

Hope I answered your question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by StUriah(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020
Soul is the vital force of every living creature. Without the soul, the body is empty, inactive and is opened to destruction.

Soul creates the dreaming state while the body is at rest. Through this, many imaginable and unimaginable realities are envisioned by a dreamer thus establishing the fact that Soul has connection with both our physical life experiences and the nonphysical realities. The Soul, being immaterial, does not die with the death of the physical body of any creature, rather it (the Soul) return to its creator, the Supreme Spiritual Energy (God), either in fulfilment or otherwise of its purpose in creation.

Spirit violate the natural orders and create miraculous events that are considered to be impossible in the universe. Without the Spirit, man is restricted to nature; natural instinct and tendencies; and the ability to reason and see possibility of the impossibles in the universe is prevented.

Spirit brings about reason, possibility, miracles. Soul brings life to the body, when it depart from the body the body becomes dead and is opened to destruction.

This book may have answer to your questions. Check Amazon for it. If you want a free copy in the PDF format, Whatsapp me on 0-Eight-0-Nine-8-Five-Seven-8-Five-7-Six. Thanks.

78 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Jestin: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2020
In Nollywood, it is the spirit/ghost that torment people who killed them while the soul flies to God. Don’t take my comment serious coz i am only acting film.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by bolafez(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2020
waiting to read comments

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by sylve11: 9:04am On Jun 28, 2020
cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by TeejayBlaq(m): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2020
you mean soul and spirit...��

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by thesolutions(m): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2020
We've been here before.
The Spirit is what keeps the heart pumping.
The Soul is what makes you know you are yourself.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Proffdada: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2020
Spirit powers consciousness and the body, soul is the composite of the mind and spirit

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by kenzysmith: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
holyianthan Thou and argument gurus your attention is needed

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by jericco1(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by backbone503(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
You are Soul, a spark of God. You are merely putting on that physical body, just to survive while here. God didn't create your physical body, He created you, as Soul. And thats why its said that you're created in the image and likeness of God. Just like God, Soul is eternal.

Spirit is the essence of God that sustains ALL life forms. Spirit is God in expression. (i.e. God "stepped down" to a form that we can relate with). Soul exist solely because God loves It.

Using GSM analogy:
your physical body is the Phone,
Soul is the SIM card, and
Spirit is the Network.

89 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Raydans: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2020
Soul is your conscience. Spirit is of God. After death the soul goes to either heaven or hell while the spirit returns to God

24 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by babag93: 9:07am On Jun 28, 2020
The SPIRIT is akin to the time we get those days when we go to the cyber cafe.. it is a window of allowance the universe permits our existence. Before same is drawn and given to another customer.
The SOUL is like the Black Box containing information on how the time we were given was spent.
The body as we have come to see is just a vessel.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by hopefulLandlord: 9:07am On Jun 28, 2020
Spirit exists, they are drinks that contain at least 20% alcohol and can be found in some thick bottles. Soul is some name attached to some supposed entity in almost everything by religious people

I mean Soul? what exactly is that? I looked through a biology book but couldn't find a reference to souls. I looked through a mythology book however and found all kinds of information on souls.
Are there any peer reviewed scholastic research papers published in any medical journals that I could learn more about this thing called souls?
Where is this thing?
how many does each person have? 1? 2? more? it varies?

What gene is it linked to in our DNA?
What kind of cells is it made of or what exactly is it made of?
can we see thing thing with an MRI machine or a powerful microscope?
Who do you think would know more about this thing called souls: a witch doctor from the deepest jungles of Ogbomoso who has had no contact with civilization, or the entire science faculty from MIT?

Scientists study everything; why don't they study souls? Is it for the same reasons they don't study the powers of Deadpool or the magic of Harry Potter?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by napoleon77(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2020
Spirit is that part of a human being that gives them life ......according to religious people.

The soul is that part of the spirit that knows the difference between right and wrong. Humans have a soul but animals don't.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by keentola(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2020
Are you looking for books to read but you're restricted because paperbacks are hard to get?

What if you can have unrestricted access to pdf books, are you still ready to gain more knowledge?

There's a way to get these books and it won't cost you much.

There's also a catalogue of selected Best Sellers, and interesting books on almost all walks of life. You don't need to stress yourself.

You can check my bio on how to contact me.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Prechgold1180(m): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2020
Spirit is soul that has high spirit while soul on the hand is a spirit that has sokoto

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 28, 2020
vecman22:
The are same thing

No, they are not
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by delpee(f): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2020
The Bible states the three components of the human being as spirit, soul and body.

Our soul is reflected in our mind, emotions, feelings and our will.

Our spirit is our link with God. God communicates with our spirit self.

What comes to us in the spiritual sense is expressed through our soul.

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Evaromantik(m): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2020
"Soul" is the soul of that person, while "Spirit" is that person's Spirit.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:08am On Jun 28, 2020
TWO THINGS CREATED BY RELIGIOUS LEADERS OF THE PAST TO KEEP HUMANS CONFUSED TILL THE END OF TIME.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Dangrace01: 9:08am On Jun 28, 2020
Good

I saw a dead rat inside my water it was at the bottom of d bucket I wanted to throw it away but one mind said I should leave it and watch

Guess what it rose up not up I mean it rose up the bucket like a human that died in d river. What if this rat has a soul and spirit like a human.

To answer your question using this ride below the soul is like the engine while fuel is the spirit that's why it's called premium motor spirit. Baba what are you saying sef just sell your ride

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by DenreleDave(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2020
Soul is like the main word..

Spirit is the opposite.

Word and opposite

Soul. - Spirit.

Hope u understand clearly now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG / Pastor Enenche Donates Borehole, Distributes Items In Abuja To Mark Birthday / 10 Characteristics Of A Man After God's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.