Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me (65769 Views)

Protest Breaks Out In Kano Over Judgement That Sacked Governor Yusuf / The ‘dollars Wedding’ Party That Invited Kidnappers To Zaria / Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement That Sacked Ihedioha As Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by ganisucks(f): 9:29am On Jun 28, 2020
Adams Oshiomhole, immediate past National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari personally invited him to head the party two years ago.

Oshiomhole said Buhari asked him to head APC in a bid to reform the party and turn its fortune around.

He disclosed that the president had told him APC will lose the 2019 election, if the party was not reformed.

Speaking at a press conference in Abuja yesterday, the immediate past APC National Chairman insisted that he did his best while in office.

The former Edo State governor also disclosed that the president mobilised support for his emergence as APC National Chairman.

He said: “I ceased to be the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress APC.

“Mr. President graciously invited me to run for the office of the chairmanship of the party in 2018, precisely about two years ago. The president told me then that if we did not reform the All Progressives Congress, we can as well forget about 2019. Those were his exact words.

“But I know that reforms can be challenging and it will entail taking difficult decisions. I accepted this and I believe I did my best. I am happy that at the end of the day, the 2019 elections have come and gone and thanks to Nigerian people, our president had more votes in 2019 than we had in 2015 and we have more members in the Senate and in the House of Representatives.

“The bottom line is that the President who invited me to lead the party and who mobilised all the support for my emergence as chairman also presided over the meeting where the NWC has now been dissolved.”

Recall that APC National Executive Council, NEC, had on Thursday dissolved its National Working Committee, NWC-led by Oshiomhole.

The decision was a measure to resolve the leadership crisis in the party.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/28/apc-crisis-buhari-who-asked-me-to-be-chairman-presided-over-my-sack-oshiomhole/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Dpharisee: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2020
That statement by Oshiomole was really condescending to say the least, just to prove his loyalty.
Meaning that it was more of a master slave relationship and not about members of the party who cut across various divides.
Buhari can nominate you as a party Chairman, but after your successful election you become a leader of all members of the party and not a servant of Buhari.
This is total Sychophancy from the IDP Comrade.

He spoke about loyalty to Buhari in that press conference so much and severally as if someone had a gun to his head from behind the scenes or perhaps EFCC has shown him his case fileundecided

382 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by XXXXTENTACION: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2020
Iyaiiyoo grin

toilet paper

used and droppedundecided

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by kenzysmith: 9:35am On Jun 28, 2020
where did the begging take place edo, daura or abuja

175 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Yobabad: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Tinubu is not a good person

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by blessme105: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Media and their sensational headlines.

Oshiomole u did the best thing for leaving your seat for the greater good of the party.

Oshiomole was an active member of the game, reasons he was so calm unlike the last wahala. And he didnt attempt to approach the court. Thr foolish govs were played in their game grin grin

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by BOOZELEE: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Ehya cry

So he begged u that was why u and tinubu took decisions as if APC is ur fadas property without consulting buhari and other party members.you, your master jagaban and his followers were busy boasting of how u guys never lost a Battle.Ok

Where is hope uzodinma and others? They will be regretting why they joined force with u and tinubu.

U and ur master should continue licking ur wound like an injured dog..Sore loser's

If the guy they sleep,im go dey sleep talk..Im onyibo wife go here am shout Obaseki! Obaseki! Obaseki!No,No,No leave me alone. cheesy

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by blessme105: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2020
Yobabad:
I heard Tinubu is tormenting you and your village kings in your dreams. Sorry eh. But he will still rule over you lots. grin

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by rottennaija(m): 9:38am On Jun 28, 2020
The dissolution of the NWC was necessary because of what was brewing beneath. It would have swallowed the party. It was a smart move by the President.

With so many court cases rising daily, (PDP acting in the background) it would have been a scattered house that would eventually swallow the party. With that smart move, all involved were taken out.

12 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 28, 2020
That's the difference, imposition politics of APC, and they keep asking why some people may not be comfortable with it...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by blessme105: 9:41am On Jun 28, 2020
rottennaija:
The dissolution of the NWC was necessary because of what was brewing beneath. It would have swallowed the party. It was a smart move by the President.

Yes, it was a commendable move. I am sure Tinubu and oshiomole were carried along. That accounts for calm in their camp. The foo'lish govs and their giadom lost out in the NEC they called grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by zombieTRACKER: 9:44am On Jun 28, 2020
Thats how Tissue papers roll...

They get used and dumped

Tinubu and Oshiomole should fvck outta here
Bloody IDPs

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by rottennaija(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2020
blessme105:

Yes, it was a commendable move. I am sure Tinubu and oshiomole were carried along. That accounts for calm in their camp. The foo'lish govs and their giadom lost out in the NEC they called grin grin

That's why I said earlier, smart and wise people don't rush to talk. Buhari was quiet. Tinubu was quiet. Osibanjo was quiet. Even Oshiomole was quiet. They must have known that these moves would kill the party.

They basically did the checkmate. Simply. And they are not talking anymore.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by kenzysmith: 9:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Yobabad:
the guy dey use osobaba head

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by omowolewa: 9:46am On Jun 28, 2020
It's your attitude that sacked you sir, PMB tried

18 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Captainrambo2: 9:47am On Jun 28, 2020
Oshiomole talks too much

28 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by sirjoggy(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2020
We don hear you

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by sammy7410(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2020
my guy use dat door

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by heendrix(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Oshobaba really sound pained......Is he really

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by KAHBOOM: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2020
BOOZELEE:
Ehya cry

So he begged u that was why u and tinubu took decisions as if APC is ur fadas property without consulting buhari and other party members.while U, your master jagaban and his followers were busy boasting of how u guys have never lost a Battle.Ok

Where is hope uzodinma and others? They will be regretting why they joined force with u and tinubu.

U and ur master should continue licking ur wound like an injured dog..Sore loser's

If the guy they sleep,im go dey dream dey sleep talk..Im onyibo wife go here am shout Obaseki! Obaseki! Obaseki!No,No,No leave me alone. cheesy

Hahaha.

Remi said since 2 days now Asiwaju have been acting weird and having sleepless night,that if he finally sleeps,he sleep talks.
His always like.
Oh!My 35 billion, My 35 billion,My 35 billion.
I will strategically destroy buhari.
I will single handedly, strategically destroy buhari but I am too scared to fight him.
Remi!Remi!Remi ooo..How many times did I call u?Pls wake me up before Efcc nab me for dis dream cheesy

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Racoon(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2020
Yet Oshiomole said @ the convention ground that he was elected by overwhelming member of his party delegates backed then when the real deal was a hand picking move behind the scene.They lie so much that they dont know when the tell many lies to cover a lie.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by KenOne: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2020
The NEC meeting Oshiomhole was afraid of calling.

Mister Adam Oshiomhole you ran APC aground.

In two years in office you called for NEC twice as against 8 times in two years as stipulated in APC constitution quarterly meeting, meaning every three months.

APC was more divided under your chairmanship, you and Tinubu sponsoring opposition against APC leaders in several states because you guys perceived them of contesting 2023 presidency.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by ajbf: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Lolzzz grin smiley

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by jlinkd78(m): 10:56am On Jun 28, 2020
Noted

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 28, 2020
Cry cry baby grin

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Maxymilliano(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2020
Buhari begged you to be the chairman of the party but had to cut your lose and show you the way out when you started misbehaving and constituting a nuisance to the party

12 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 28, 2020
blessme105:

I heard Tinubu is tormenting you and your village kings in your dreams. Sorry eh. But he will still rule over you lots. grin

Dreamer grin

He will rule over your village meeting

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by clarocuzioo(m): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2020
Wow
That means no case
Matter don settle be that

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malami Marries Buhari’s Daughter, Nana Hadiza / APC Convention: Photo Of Tinubu And Osinbajo, Akande / In Sambisa Men Took Turns To Have Me,now I'm Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.