Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? (2990 Views)

How Big Is Access Bank's South Africa Acquisition? See its SA Ranking. / Paul Chidi (Micheal Ikechukwu) Another Hushpuppi In The Ecommerce Space / Is Access Bank Folding Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2020
Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria?

By Wisdom Nwedene

After two days of consecutive debit alerts from Access Bank Nigeria, many of their customers couldn't hold themselves again and turned to social media to cry out for help.

Access Bank plc, commonly known as Access Bank, is a Nigerian multinational commercial bank, owned by Access Bank Group.

Originally a corporate bank, the organization acquired personal and business banking platforms from Nigeria’s International Commercial bank in 2012. Access Bank is presently one of the five largest banks in Nigeria in terms of assets, loans, deposits and branch network.

It is worthy to note that the merger of Access Bank and Diamond Bank on 1 April 2019 has made Access Bank the largest bank in Africa.

However, many of their customers are still in shock, trying to ascertain the motive behind the multiple debit alerts which Access Bank tagged "Stamp Duty Charge", "SMS Charges" etc.

This is a bank which instead of giving palliatives to their customers during this Coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world, donated 1 billion Naira to the Federal Government, according to Business Day.

It is disheartening, pathetic waking up each morning to see an organization rubbing its customers without gun in the name of Stamp Duty Charges and SMS Charges especially in this period of COVID-19 pandemic.

One could easily describe the organisation as the new Hushpuppi.

It's time for Access Bank to apologise to their customers and refund the money to them.

(Wisdom Nwedene is a seasoned Investigative Reporter, Contact : Nwedenewisdom@gmail.com)

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1356191/access-bank-new-hushpuppi-nigeria/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by EmekaBlue(m): 10:45am On Jun 28, 2020
Dubai police team should come investigate them

5 Likes

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by mbaboy(m): 10:45am On Jun 28, 2020
The deductions are increasingly alarming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by Veryfoolishboy: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2020
That bank really suffer me during my NYSC
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by JunctionBox: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2020
Same thing with GTBank. GTBank is tactically and skillfully deducting insignificant sum usually less than N100 from my account everyday. Reasons for the deductions, I don't know. Nigerian banks are bigger scammers.

3 Likes

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by XXLMANDIGO: 11:00am On Jun 28, 2020
grin
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by PrincessB1(f): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2020
Is access bank the new hushpuppi in Nigeria?

Who will answer this question now? grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by nairalandankrah: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2020
Useless bank..just yesterday alone see what they took...every day stamp duty...wet in dem dey stamp I no know

2 Likes

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 11:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Nansense bank

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by PrincessB1(f): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Useless bank..just yesterday alone see what they took...every day stamp duty...wet in dem dey stamp I no know
Pele

It's all bank in general.
Very annoying.
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by gevans(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2020
Access bank is the new Yahoo plus

1 Like

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by Exclusive101: 11:27am On Jun 28, 2020
JunctionBox:
Same thing with GTBank. GTBank is tactically and skillfully deducting insignificant sum usually less than N100 from my account everyday. Reasons for the deductions, I don't know. Nigerian banks are bigger scammers.

Post a picture of the deduction. I know for a fact that your are a bloody liar.
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by patwilly(m): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2020
Pls what's this stamp duty charge for? I've never heard of it before now. I was debited , 400 and 200 naira on just YTD. Like what am I paying for? Someone open a thread and tag me about this pls
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by nairalandankrah: 11:30am On Jun 28, 2020
gevans:
Access bank is the new Yahoo plus

Sorry oooooo..I think say nah my own worse pass
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by HarunaWest(m): 11:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Exclusive101:

Oga calm down. That it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't to others.
Gtbank has been hitting me with funny charges recently. I run a savings account, I don't receive sms alerts, I don't have an ATM.. I only do online transfer to the account, I don't transfer from it.. Am aware of the stamp duty and transfer charge. But a times when I see the email alerts, I see deductions that are not described... Isn't that stealing?

3 Likes

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by yanabasee1(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2020
I enjoyed Diamond bank, back then....But since access bank took over.... it's been hell.

You hardly get response from their social media platform...

1 Like

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by supercase1(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2020
Hushcess bank grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by JunctionBox: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2020
Exclusive101:

Who is this one? Are you representing the bank?

2 Likes

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by JunctionBox: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2020
Exclusive101:

And this fool still doubts the deductions?

1 Like

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by escohido123: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2020
Stamp duty charge of N 50 is taken on ur account wen an inflow of N10,000 and above enters ur account.
It is a new CBN policy which started in February,2020.
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by Maxymilliano(m): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2020
Access Bank customers on Monday morning after multiple deductions over the weekend

1 Like

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by gevans(m): 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
nairalandankrah:

Sorry oooooo..I think say nah my own worse pass

Thanks,
They charged me in Feb and March, now they are charging me again for same months. That's not fair
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
angry Lord knOws I abandoned my AcceSs bank acCount way baCk 2011 or so juSt before Mr EbeLe & CBN proposed BVN in 2012...those Access bank guys kept deducting the smoL 1k I had till it entered minus 3hunid bux plus & right there I said to myself enough of thiS guys Hushpuppying me

3 Likes

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by Rhyah(f): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
It is a pity that CBN's policies are counteracting themselves... They want people to go cashless...clamouring for a cashless economy and at the same time, imposing charges on transactions as little as 10k... sad

And it is also a big shame that our government has resorted to looking for fifty fifty kobo means of raising revenue... instead of looking for ways to tap big into agriculture, technology and other opportunities brought by globalization.
It will sure get to the point where this tiny tiny backyard runz shortcut money will not be enough for 'them' again... undecided

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by Gudiza(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
very timely. Just dey strategise how I go take 'enter' their customer service come Monday.

I have received #250 stamp deduction before. still racking my head around that one. didn't get any email.
All of a sudden I start getting smses....
kpam #50 stamp April,
Kpam...#50 stamp March,
Kpakam #50 stamp February. all within minutes, I be like wetynnnn.
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by Proffdada: 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
This is front page worthy but yet....
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by kayalcomp: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
Access Bank deducted my money to the extent my balance fall below N100. I went to complain. the customer care guy explained bla bla. I vex leave the account for them. i think when they dont have anything to deduct from again, they stopped. One time like that. Their customer care called me why I wasn't putting money again. I blast that one. even my friend has stopped depositing money in her own account because of their many deductions. imagine such deductions on millions of people banking with them, how much they accumulate. CBN needs to investigate them whether this is healthy or not. I operate with another bank now.

1 Like

Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by nickvanilla(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
I had a similar issue with them early this year. But I emailed them and they resolved it.

If you notice deductions, always complain. Your silence can be taken as consent. I'm not saying they are always right to do whatever they do but there are ways to resolve these issues.
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by GRACEGLORY: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
‪@myaccessbank debited me for stamp duty, till I have my account reading -#50. They say, it’s for stamp duty. Obviously, Nigeria is in a mental state of anarchy. Everybody doing what they want.
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by enambobo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
JunctionBox:
GTBank is far better. At least I don't get debited for using their short code for transactions unless on the fourth successful transaction. Access debits on every dial you make to *901# whether successful or not. Very useless Bank
Re: Is Access Bank The New Hushpuppi In Nigeria? by enambobo(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
HarunaWest:

Oga calm down. That it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't to others.
Gtbank has been hitting me with funny charges recently. I run a savings account, I don't receive sms alerts, I don't have an ATM.. I only do online transfer to the account, I don't transfer from it.. Am aware of the stamp duty and transfer charge. But a times when I see the email alerts, I see deductions that are not described... Isn't that stealing?
I use GT and I think they are arguably the best. At least I get to see credit alerts from time to time, however little. But you see Access? Those guys are bloody thieves. Not a Kobo credit since day one but loads of debit alerts. Charges on the most meaningless of things. Very annoying �

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of Cheese Ball,1000 Pieces Per Week! / Drinks Distributor / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.