Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,683 members, 7,801,966 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Germany And Netherland - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Germany And Netherland (3911 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Enter "Driverless" Bus In Netherland (pics/video) / Netherland Or Canada - Where Should I Go? / Jobless In Netherland, But Currently Building Two Houses In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany And Netherland by lordally(m): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Danielhouston:

Hi Willy2000, good to hear from you again. I want to get something off my chest. I was honestly not happy about the thread you opened after mine went downhill. I appreciate you being inspired by my thread and choosing to open yours but the timing and purpose was off.

Your comment: “I will want to reiterate, this is not a thread about RACISM and DISCRIMINATION in Germany, neither is it a thread for ASYLUM or IMMIGRATION questions”, was a blow to my back. That came off as an indirect mockery of what went down in my thread. Making people believe you can articulate my ideas better and not be like me.

The thread came at the exact time mine went down, knowing it would attract my readers. That is like starting a business with lots of customers and the business crumbles, then one of your colleagues opens his own business immediately with your ideas and products, knowing it will attract your customers, while pointing out to people that he won’t make the mistake you made and he can do it better. There’s a code of conduct to these things.

I know this is an anonymous forum and anybody can post whatever they want. Yes it is not that serious, but it is wrong. You don’t have to see it my way. You can ignore me.
The only reason I’m saying this is because I’ll be resuming my thread again and I always loved your contributions. I would love you to keep contributing and sharing your knowledge. I just want to keep a clear mind.

Thanks and cheers.

You just said my mind!!....please resume your thread biko
Re: Germany And Netherland by willy2000(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
Danielhouston:

Hi Willy2000, good to hear from you again. I want to get something off my chest. I was honestly not happy about the thread you opened after mine went downhill. I appreciate you being inspired by my thread and choosing to open yours but the timing and purpose was off.

Your comment: “I will want to reiterate, this is not a thread about RACISM and DISCRIMINATION in Germany, neither is it a thread for ASYLUM or IMMIGRATION questions”, was a blow to my back. That came off as an indirect mockery of what went down in my thread. Making people believe you can articulate my ideas better and not be like me.

The thread came at the exact time mine went down, knowing it would attract my readers.
That is like starting a business with lots of customers and the business crumbles, then one of your colleagues opens his own business immediately with your ideas and products, knowing it will attract your customers, while pointing out to people that he won’t make the mistake you made and he can do it better. There’s a code of conduct to these things.

I know this is an anonymous forum and anybody can post whatever they want. Yes it is not that serious, but it is wrong. You don’t have to see it my way. You can ignore me.
The only reason I’m saying this is because I’ll be resuming my thread again and I always loved your contributions. I would love you to keep contributing and sharing your knowledge. I just want to keep a clear mind.

Thanks and cheers.
@Bolded got me laughing out loud, like seriously !!! I never knew Nairaland paid Original Posters for having the highest amount of readers and followers, abeg ja mi si make me sef cash in grin grin.

Nairaland is an anonymous forum, where you can write and discuss whatever you have on your mind, at any time you deem fit. If you check my profile, I created a thread in the Diary section to document my adventure here from day one. I gave it up all because I just felt it wasn't the right time to do such, and I wanted to remain anonymous as possible. This moniker happens to be my second, a lot went down with my first, and I have learned from my mistake.

However, your thread came along, I participated but tried as much as possible to give only Information that happened to me first hand. We all know how information travels. Don't take this as an attack on your person, but the reason I said "I will want to reiterate, this is not a thread about RACISM and DISCRIMINATION in Germany, neither is it a thread for ASYLUM or IMMIGRATION questions" is simple. Both topics are touchy, and we all have different opinions about them. I wanted the thread to be for people to come in share their experience based on their location and let people learn base on what they read.
As I said, don't take it personally, but you saying it is wrong to start a thread after your thread was locked, is so wrong to say. You still don't know how Nairaland really works. Look at the topic and the content, and tell me how it relates to your thread? Because I said your thread motivated me to start this particular thread, doesn't mean I Plagiarised you. You need to go thru similar threads such as the UK, US, Australia ones, before coming to such conclusion you just made. "trying to steal your readers", this is so funny as hell.

Germany is a vast country, and whatever you experience cannot be used as a rule for incoming people. You may share your experience, which most time is biased because it is yours, same way I share mine, which is also biased. No one, I repeat no one has a defined rule or template of how life as an immigrant in Germany will be.

Maybe you need to relax and see Nairaland as a place to unwind, and nothing more. cool

3 Likes

Re: Germany And Netherland by seunny4lif(m): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
Just the way they speak
Nothing much
Just like Ondo people Yoruba is not the same like Oyo Yorubas
willy2000:

Different based on what?
Do they use different Latin alphabets?
Are the grammar rules different?
How do you classify a language as being different?
Re: Germany And Netherland by Edosir(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
Thanks bro
Danielhouston:

Yes they’re open but only handling stuff online at the moment. Tell the person offering the sponsorship letter to apply online and send the application documents via post. They’ll reply via post with further information. Usually if the documents are correct, they can get the sponsorship letter immediately.
Re: Germany And Netherland by Bittertruth2020(f): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
pquaver:

All you said I will answer the one I know very well.. I live in Hamburg and my younger lives in Zurich. I have visited Zurich and Luzern many times.. What you are talking about is Hochdeutsch and Dialect.. ALL GERMANS UNDERSTAND HOCHDEUTSCH IRRESPECTIVE OF WHERE YOU COME FROM. Be it Switzerland, lichtenstein, Austria, Germany or Luxembourg they all understand Hochdeutsch. Swiss German I cannot understand because it is dialect and same way not all Germans can understand Schwäbisch or Bavaria.. The Austrian can understand Bavarian dialect better than a Hamburger or some1 from Dresden. Someone from Niedersachsen cannot understand Platt deutsch.. So it's like that.. Swiss German is a dialect. what is used in school and officially is Hochdeutsch.. Same as all deutsch speaking countries.
I have been reading on nairaland but only as an unregistered reader, but would like to make comment on this. Bro your submission on this is not only the correct fact, but also the only truth. The other Danielhousten guy is just beating around the bush with un verifiable and falsified claims like "6 countries speak Dutch as official language", " 10 years to naturalize", and so many false exergerations he makes here on nairaland, and wants to always bad-mouth opposing views.
Your interpretations on Hochdeutsch which he couldn't understand means he speaks little or no Deutsch. You still noticed he has comprehension problems and still used his own Nigerian context using Igbo, yet he hovers in the air. You have tried dude, leave him. I officially teach German language to immigrants, but I'm not such a generous woman to enlighten him further ,how much more a close minded person he is.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Travel Alert To Nigeria. / How Do I Locate Sura Shopping Complex / 5 Hardest Countries To Get Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.