Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Why Is God A Jealous God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God A Jealous God? (2125 Views)

A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity / I Am A Jealous God. / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2011
Deuteronomy 32:9-14

9For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.
10He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.  11As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:
12So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.
13He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;
14Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.

God declared Israel to be his son, whom he redeemed from bondage in Egypt. He guided them as the apple of his eye. He also made provision for all their needs. The same can be said about me and you. The Lord God who created us knew that we will have needs and everyday he does provide for our needs according to his riches in glory.

Deuteronomy 32:15-18

15But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.
16They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.
17They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.
18Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

As a husband is properly jealous when another man tries to draw his wife away, God became jealous when Israel began to worship other gods. Whenever we turn our attention away from God, and seek help from self or other mediums, such acts makes the Lord jealous. We are calling the One who created us unreliable.

Deuteronomy 32:19-20

19And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.
20And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

By doing this, the Israelites have broken the covenant between themselve and God. They had promised to be true to the Lord but had consistenly been unfaithful. The Lord abhors disloyality.

Deuteronomy 32:21
21They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

The Lord was not petulant because of attention paid to false gods. Rather, Israel had broken their covenant with him by worshipping other gods, demostrating their disdain for him and his sovereignty. God purpose for Israel was not just to redeem them, but through them to redeem all nations of the earth. In Israel's eyes, other people were worthless, but through God's attention to other nations, Israel would be drawn back to obedience.

Hosea 2:23
At that time I will plant a crop of Israelites and raise them for myself. I will show love to those I called "Not loved". And to those I called "Not my people," I will say, "Now you are my people" And they will reply,"You are our God!"

CONCLUSION

Romans 10:21

But regarding Israel, God said, "All day long I opened my arms to them, but they were disobedient and rebellious"

Are you going to continue being disobedient and rebellious towards God?

It is because God loves us, he becomes Jealous when we don't give him our full attention. Now I implore; GIVE GOD the attention he deserves and see how he will shower you with his LOVING KINDNESS. (Halleluyah and big Amen to that) cheesy

God bless wink
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2011
The problem stems from YOU accepting that this is a valid description or portrayal of God in the first place.

This person or entity being described by the Jewish bible is NOT God.

At most, it's a Jewish tribal deity (Yahweh).

That is the answer to your question.

The idea that the Creator of the universes spoke to any of those Jews or prophets or whatever you wish to call them is ludicrous.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2011
The problem stems from YOU accepting that this is a valid description or portrayal of God in the first place.

A problem? The basis of this thread is derived from the Bible, which to me is the best gift to mankind. Your dilemma is that you think it is just a book imposed on humans for reasons best known to you. That is your problem.

This person or entity being described by the Jewish bible is NOT God. At most, it's a Jewish tribal deity (Yahweh).

Jewish bible? Person? Entity? Now I know what I am dealing with. Like one of my fellow NL brethen said "I am dealing with a mindset"
Anyway let me educate you on the GOD I am talking about; I am talking about my sole provider, the creator of Heaven and Earth, the source of all prosperity and achievement, the Sovereign Judge, the Lord of Heaven's Armies, The El shaddai, The Elohim, The Adonai, The Elyon, The I AM THAT I AM and yes of course "YAHWEH" cheesy

I disagree

The idea that the Creator of the universes spoke to any of those Jews or prophets or whatever you wish to call them is ludicrous.

Nay! You are so far from the truth. It is your utterance that is bizarre.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by trekkie: 3:43am On Jan 31, 2011
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by nuella2(f): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2011
^^^ Great point.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
This.
Jen33:

This person or entity being described by the Jewish bible is NOT God.

At most, it's a Jewish tribal deity (Yahweh).

Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
really?
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by harakiri(m): 12:57am On Feb 01, 2011
He's a jealous god coz he don't get laid that much. That figures.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by ilosiwaju: 3:38am On Feb 01, 2011
^ ^ ^ haba! grin
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 6:53am On Feb 01, 2011
Yommyuk said:

A problem? The basis of this thread is derived from the Bible, which to me is the best gift to mankind. Your dilemma is that you think it is just a book imposed on humans for reasons best known to you. That is your problem.

Look, you're free to regard the bible as whatever you wish. For me, it's just a book some foreign chancers handed to my ancestors to sell them a story. The new testament is almost an entire fabrication, while the old testament is a thoroughly misleading mish mash of ripped out Sumerian and Egyptian histories and legends, and often sinister UFO encounters in which one or more leaders of the visitors is falsely represented as ''God''.

Jewish bible? Person? Entity? Now I know what I am dealing with. Like one of my fellow NL brethen said "I am dealing with a mindset"
Anyway let me educate you on the GOD I am talking about; I am talking about my sole provider, the creator of Heaven and Earth, the source of all prosperity and achievement, the Sovereign Judge, the Lord of Heaven's Armies, The El shaddai, The Elohim, The Adonai, The Elyon, The I AM THAT I AM and yes of course "YAHWEH"

I note you're an expert at naming the various Middle Eastern terms for God. Pray, do you have a name that you use in YOUR OWN language, or did your people not know or have a name for the Almighty before they saw a bible?

Whatever happened to YOUR name for the Creator?

Why isn't it on your list of names up there?

The spread of the Judaeo-christian faith was really at source a coldly devised exercise in cultural imperialism.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2011
a lot of times we easily fail to notice where sagely wisdom of the gods is cleverly (or rather crudely) interspersed with cheap human reasoning. There are important messages in most Holy books. the problem is there is an enormous quantity of plain wisdom embellished with selfish human interpretations. We ascribe human failings and aspirations to God and end up getting truly confused saving us no space but to assume that whatever cannot be understood is a divine mystery (never to be understood but accepted in Faith). Why would a creator be jealous that his creations do not worship him, was the entire exercise of creating multiverses just to have your robot do what you say and not have a mind of its own.?
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:54am On Feb 01, 2011
Yep! He needs a Mrs.Yahweh, asap! grin
harakiri:

He's a jealous god coz he don't get laid that much. That figures.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2011
Why isn't it on your list of names up there?

Olorun aiye ati orun, Oba awon oba, Eledumare, Oba Alagbara, Olorun Israel, Olorun Abraham, Olorun Isaac, Olorun Jacob. and many moorrreeee cheesy
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2011
yommyuk:

Olorun aiye ati orun, Oba awon oba, Eledumare, Oba Alagbara, Olorun Israel, Olorun Abraham, Olorun Isaac, Olorun Jacob. and many moorrreeee cheesy

grin Still managed to put Jewish names in it. What a joke!
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 11:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
Martian said:

Still managed to put Jewish names in it. What a joke!

He can't help himself.

It's as if he doesn't feel he has called God appropriately and fully until and unless he includes the names of  some pre-historic Jews in the mix.

It's really sad to see what these Oyibos have done to Africans.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by seyibrown(f): 1:09am On Feb 03, 2011
Why not tell us, Jen33, about the god that you know is the true God or whether you don't believe in God at all? Introduce 'your' God that is not the 'jewish deity' to us or your creator if you have do not believe in God!
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 4:03am On Feb 03, 2011
Psalm 53:1
Only Fools say in their heart,'There is no God' They're corrupt,and their actions are evil. Not one of them does good.

Prov 12:15

fools think they are right but d wise open up to wisdom

Prov 13;16
wise people think before they act. Fools don't and even. brag about their foolishness
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 4:03am On Feb 03, 2011
Psalm 53:1
Only a fool will say in their heart,'There is no God' They're corrupt,and their actions are evil. Not one of them does good.

Prov 12:15

fools think they are right but d wise open up to wisdom

Prov 13;16
wise people think before they act. Fools don't and even. brag about their foolishness
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 10:37pm On Feb 03, 2011
It's really sad to see what these Oyibos have done to Africans.

The word "Africa" do you know it's origin? do your research, na Oyinbo give us that name?

Get real bro shocked cool
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by newmi(m): 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2011
Well He is because Jealousy is feature of possessive love and God is love. The jealousy of God over us is my secuity for life such that He wll not share me with sickness, failure, defeat, shame, opression, , the devil because the bilbe says that "---ye are bought witha price, therefore glorify God n your body and your spirit which are the Lord's"
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 1:37am On Feb 05, 2011
We belong to the Lord. We are his unique treasure. Therefore it is obvious that God is zealous and eager about protecting what is precious to Him.
God is passionately opposed to us prostituting ourselves with false gods. He did not hide this fact in Exodus 34:14 "You must worship no other gods for the Lord, whose very name is Jealous is a God who is jealous about his relationship with you"
He is the Lord and that is his name. He will not give his glory or share his praise with anyone else. He is the creator of the world, and is the only one who can bring about things he predicts. The Lord alone is glorious and worthy of our praise. He makes the godly flourish like the trees of Lebanon and thrive like the grass of the field. His name endures forever and it will continue longer than the sun shines. All nations are blessed through him and bring him praise. He alone does such wonderful things. There I will praise his glorious name forever because the whole earth is filled with his glory. Amen cheesy
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 3:00am On Feb 05, 2011
seyibrown said:

Why not tell us, Jen33, about the god that you know is the true God or whether you don't believe in God at all? Introduce 'your' God that is not the 'jewish deity' to us or your creator if you have do not believe in God!

The Creator cannot possibly be a Jewish deity or Jewish god. Neither can He have a group of ''chosen people'', such as the Jews, or anyone else. Your imported Jewish religion teaches you that the Creator is parochial, moody, jealous, gets angry, regrets his actions, orders massacres, ra-pe, and looting, loves the smell of burning flesh, and has a furnace prepared for roasting alive ''forever'' billions of people who ''refused to worship him''.

It's all there in that thing you call your ''holy'' book.

Your religion misrepresents and makes a caricature of the Creator by falsely attributing to him qualities of debased entities.

ALL traditional pre-christian and non-christian religions and philosophies regard the Creator as NOTHING like what is represented in the Jewish bible.

The Creator is known to be Aloof. He does NOT require ''worship''. He does not ''punish'' anyone or send people to ''hell''. He has no specially ''chosen people''. We are already imbued with the knowledge of good and evil. As souls emanating from this Source, We are BORN with that knowledge. We are here temporarily as ''humans'' to use that knowledge for good or for ill, and return back to the spirit world, our true home. We are ALL saved. Always have been and always will be. Nobody is obliged to ''follow Christ'', or to be ''born again'', or even to be religious, to transit to the next life.

The Source of all life, manifested as a single intelligent entity has NEVER interacted with any human in this world in a manner that is even remotely verifiable, and has NOT ''inspired'' any men to write ''holy books'', any more than He ''inspired'' me to type this post.

ALL CLAIMS made to that effect ARE BASELESS and WITHOUT FOUNDATION.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 05, 2011
well god is jealous because in the beginning Man made the God of abraham in his own image and thus we have a God with human emotions and faults, a very petty, insecure being. if you read the bible and quran, God acts like a woman who just got breast implants and is not happy if you don't give her compliments. lol grin
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by seyibrown(f): 11:47am On Feb 05, 2011
Jen33:

seyibrown said:

The Creator cannot possibly be a Jewish deity or Jewish god. Neither can He have a group of ''chosen people'', such as the Jews, or anyone else. Your imported Jewish religion teaches you that the Creator is parochial, moody, jealous, gets angry, regrets his actions, orders massacres, ra-pe, and looting, loves the smell of burning flesh, and has a furnace prepared for roasting alive ''forever'' billions of people who ''refused to worship him''.

It's all there in that thing you call your ''holy'' book.

Your religion misrepresents and makes a caricature of the Creator by falsely attributing to him qualities of debased entities.

ALL traditional pre-christian and non-christian religions and philosophies regard the Creator as NOTHING like what is represented in the Jewish bible.

The Creator is known to be Aloof. He does NOT require ''worship''. He does not ''punish'' anyone or send people to ''hell''. He has no specially ''chosen people''. We are already imbued with the knowledge of good and evil. As souls emanating from this Source, We are BORN with that knowledge. We are here temporarily as ''humans'' to use that knowledge for good or for ill, and return back to the spirit world, our true home. We are ALL saved. Always have been and always will be. Nobody is obliged to ''follow Christ'', or to be ''born again'', or even to be religious, to transit to the next life.

The Source of all life, manifested as a single intelligent entity has NEVER interacted with any human in this world in a manner that is even remotely verifiable, and has NOT ''inspired'' any men to write ''holy books'', any more than He ''inspired'' me to type this post.

ALL CLAIMS made to that effect ARE BASELESS and WITHOUT FOUNDATION.

[b]Given your representation above, allow me to say then that YOUR CLAIMS of what GOD CANNOT POSSIBLY DO ARE BASELESS AND WITHOUT FOUNDATION. smiley  . . . . and you still forgot to introduce me to this YOUR 'ALOOF, COULDN'T CARE LESS' GOD AND/OR CREATOR! You already know that I worship the God you call a Jewish deity WHO IS FOR HIS PEOPLE/CREATION! Tell me more about this your God/creator who doesn't give a hoot about you, what you do, what you don't do and what is done to you  . . . . but then there would be know point associating with him 'cos he doesn't want/require a relationship with you 'cos he is just like a mother who abandons her children completely after giving birth to them! My 'Jewish deity' creator knows and cares about every single hair that falls off my head, punishes those who hurt me, blesses those who bless me, AND INTERACTS WITH ME! Please, Tell me more about your 'I DON'T CARE' CREATOR and HOW EXACTLY YOU FOUND HIM!

. . . and while you confidently tell me that the creator does not interact with anyone, think on the below:

OLAADEGBU:

Experiential Faith

"And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." -- John 17:3

Our faith isn't intellectual; it is experiential.  We don't know about God, we know Him.  At the University of Chicago Divinity School, each year they have what is called "Baptist Day."  It is a day when the school invites all the Baptists in the area to the school because they want the Baptist dollars to keep coming in. 

On this day each one is to bring a lunch to be eaten outdoors in a grassy picnic area.  Every "Baptist Day" the school would invite one of the greatest minds to lecture in the theological education centre.  One year they invited Dr. Paul Tillich.  Dr. Tillich spoke for two and a half hours proving that the resurrection of Jesus was false.  He quoted scholar after scholar and book after book.  He concluded that since there was no such thing as the historical resurrection, the religion tradition of the Church was groundless, emotional mumbo jumbo, because it was based on a relationship with a risen Jesus, who, in fact, never rose from the dead in any literal sense.  He then asked if there were any questions.

After about 30 seconds, an old preacher with a head of short-cropped, woolly white hair stood up in the back of the audience.  "Docta Tillich, I got one question," he said as all eyes turned toward him.  He reached into his lunch sack and pulled out an apple and began eating it.  "Docta Tillich (CRUNCH MUNCH), my question is a simple one (CRUNCH MUNCH).  Now, I ain't never read them books you read (CRUNCH MUNCH), and I can't recite the Scriptures in the original Greek (CRUNCH MUNCH).  I don't know nothin' about Niebuhr and Heidegger (CRUNCH MUNCH).  He finished the apple.  "All I wanna know is: This apple I just ate -- was it bitter or sweet?"

Dr. Tillich paused for a moment and answered in exemplary scholarly fashion: "I cannot possibly answer that question, for I haven't tasted your apple."  The white-haired preacher dropped the apple core into his crumpled paper bag, looked up at Dr. Tillich and said calmly, "Neither have you tasted my Jesus."

The 1,000-plus in attendance could not contain themselves.  The auditorium erupted with applause and cheers.  Dr. Tillich thanked his audience and promptly left the platform.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him" (Psalm 34:cool

It has been well said, "The man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument."

[B]You don't know my God/Creator, so how can you tell WHAT HE DOES, CAN DO AND CANNOT DO![/b]
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2011
seyibrown said

Given your representation above, allow me to say then that YOUR CLAIMS of what GOD CANNOT POSSIBLY DO ARE BASELESS AND WITHOUT FOUNDATION.   . . . . and you still forgot to introduce me to this YOUR 'ALOOF, COULDN'T CARE LESS' GOD AND/OR CREATOR! You already know that I worship the God you call a Jewish deity WHO IS FOR HIS PEOPLE/CREATION! Tell me more about this your God/creator who doesn't give a hoot about you, what you do, what you don't do and what is done to you  . . . . but then there would be know point associating with him 'cos he doesn't want/require a relationship with you 'cos he is just like a mother who abandons her children completely after giving birth to them!

You don't understand who we are or why we are here. That's your first problem. We really are powerful immortal spirits, who are only experiencing a brief ''life'' as physical ''human beings'' through our own initial volition and choice as spirit entities or souls.

We are not our bodies. Our bodies are vehicles that we, as souls need to interract effectively with this dimension or plane of existence. Life exists on a great many dimensions, many even sharing our own space.

''Heaven'' is one of those dimensions or vibrational fields. In fact there are said to be MANY ''heavens''. We transit to ''heaven'' when our bodies expire or ''die''. The less emotional baggage and guilt we carry, the quicker the transition. There is nothing any human needs to be afraid of because this is just an experience, a game in fact, seen from the perspective of ultimate reality, to which we belong.

Now, against this background, WHY do you need to have a God who dictates everything in your human life? He doesn't dictate to souls in the spirit world, so why would he in the physical?

We really are FREE to do as we wish. We are FREE to build our own civilizations, our own moral codes, our own ways of doing things. Sure we can call on God for ''protection'' and ''help'' as humans - but if we do get this help and protection from 'above', it is more likely emanating from our spirit guides (chi), or even from departed relatives!

Far from being ''dead'', they are very much ALIVE in the ''spirit world'', and they have the power to project their thoughts to your benefit.

Like us, they are all aspects of ''God'', so  there's far more to ''God'' than just a single entity sitting on some ''throne''. WE OURSELVES are aspects of God.

God is really a Single Conciousness that has divided itself into billions of units of consciousness we call souls. Some of those units operate under the ILLUSION of ''separateness'' or ''individuality''. The greater the ILLUSION the more ''evil'' is created by the perceiver. The less the ILLUSION the more ''good'' is created. Good and evil are simply the two extremes of knowledge and ignorance.

God does not punish you for ignorance. God in fact created the conditions for that ignorance among some souls. Why then would he ''punish'' them, in a ''burning furnace'' no less? Why would God destroy Himself?? Is God at war with Himself? God is basically experiencing life via each and every one of us, his ''creation''.

Your neighbour is GOD made manifest in a single conscious unit that is at once a part of the whole, AND the whole. If you're searching for God, you need look no further than your own self and all expressions of life around you this very moment. (The kingdom of God is within you)

Against this background of knowledge, you lose the need to look up to a God to ''protect you''. Because YOU are an aspect of God, you can actually protect yourself and your loved ones using the power of thought and belief. Why do you think some people can go through an operation without anasthesia?

Some people can walk on a bed of fire and not a single part of their body gets burnt. These feats are not ''miracles'', nor are they of ''the devil''. They are executed by people who have been trained to project their thought. Thought creates reality. God has ALREADY made you powerful enough to confront anything the earth has to offer. You only need to grasp that power. This of course can be achieved using the medium of religion or any other medium, such as meditation. It is not the vehicle used, or the name given to it that counts. It is the BELIEF and the actual effort made to reach out to Infinite Consciousness, using the power of Thought and Belief, that gets results.

All religions are valid. None are ''accurate'' or ''perfect''. All have the capacity to connect to Infinite Consciousness.

If you worshiped a log of wood and BELIEVED it was ''God'', THAT LOG OF WOOD will BECOME your God, and SERVE YOU.

God does not mind this because THAT LOG OF WOOD is an ASPECT of God!

That log of wood is every bit as much ''the son of God'' as is Jesus (assuming he actually existed).

Everything IS.

If you created an ant, and the ant decided to worship your nails, or your fingers, would you get angry and ''punish'' the ant? Torture it forever in hellfire? Make it scream in agony for eternity?

That would be absolutely crazy!

The ant is worshipping the part of YOU that it can identify easily with its limited senses.

Thus the entire premise for the exclusivity clause in modern religions like christianity and islam is false.

The idea that there is only ''one valid religion'', is false, and designed to control and dominate the thoughts of followers, and to divide human beings one from the other, for the material benefit of a few.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:51pm On Feb 05, 2011
All this is what the christian and the islamic doctrines were designed to prevent people from knowing, because it is a very empowering and freeing knowledge and truth. And as we all know, these two doctrines are nothing but enslavement tools of for the mind and soul of mankind.
Jen33:

seyibrown said

You don't understand who we are or why we are here. That's your first problem. We really are powerful immortal spirits, who are only experiencing a brief ''life'' as physical ''human beings'' through our own initial volition and choice as spirit entities or souls.

We are not our bodies. Our bodies are vehicles that we, as souls need to interract effectively with this dimension or plane of existence. Life exists on a great many dimensions, many even sharing our own space.

''Heaven'' is one of those dimensions or vibrational fields. In fact there are said to be MANY ''heavens''. We transit to ''heaven'' when our bodies expire or ''die''. The less emotional baggage and guilt we carry, the quicker the transition. There is nothing any human needs to be afraid of because this is just an experience, a game in fact, seen from the perspective of ultimate reality, to which we belong.

Now, against this background, WHY do you need to have a God who dictates everything in your human life? He doesn't dictate to souls in the spirit world, so why would he in the physical?

We really are FREE to do as we wish. We are FREE to build our own civilizations, our own moral codes, our own ways of doing things. Sure we can call on God for ''protection'' and ''help'' as humans - but if we do get this help and protection from 'above', it is more likely emanating from our spirit guides (chi), or even from departed relatives!

Far from being ''dead'', they are very much ALIVE in the ''spirit world'', and they have the power to project their thoughts to your benefit.

Like us, they are all aspects of ''God'', so  there's far more to ''God'' than just a single entity sitting on some ''throne''. WE OURSELVES are aspects of God.

God is really a Single Conciousness that has divided itself into billions of units of consciousness we call souls. Some of those units operate under the ILLUSION of ''separateness'' or ''individuality''. The greater the ILLUSION the more ''evil'' is created by the perceiver. The less the ILLUSION the more ''good'' is created. Good and evil are simply the two extremes of knowledge and ignorance.

God does not punish you for ignorance. God in fact created the conditions for that ignorance among some souls. Why then would he ''punish'' them, in a ''burning furnace'' no less? Why would God destroy Himself?? Is God at war with Himself? God is basically experiencing life via each and every one of us, his ''creation''.

Your neighbour is GOD made manifest in a single conscious unit that is at once a part of the whole, AND the whole. If you're searching for God, you need look no further than your own self and all expressions of life around you this very moment. (The kingdom of God is within you)

Against this background of knowledge, you lose the need to look up to a God to ''protect you''. Because YOU are an aspect of God, you can actually protect yourself and your loved ones using the power of thought and belief. Why do you think some people can go through an operation without anasthesia?

Some people can walk on a bed of fire and not a single part of their body gets burnt. These feats are not ''miracles'', nor are they of ''the devil''. They are executed by people who have been trained to project their thought. Thought creates reality. God has ALREADY made you powerful enough to confront anything the earth has to offer. You only need to grasp that power. This of course can be achieved using the medium of religion or any other medium, such as meditation. It is not the vehicle used, or the name given to it that counts. It is the BELIEF and the actual effort made to reach out to Infinite Consciousness, using the power of Thought and Belief, that gets results.

All religions are valid. None are ''accurate'' or ''perfect''. All have the capacity to connect to Infinite Consciousness.

If you worshiped a log of wood and BELIEVED it was ''God'', THAT LOG OF WOOD will BECOME your God, and SERVE YOU.

God does not mind this because THAT LOG OF WOOD is an ASPECT of God!

That log of wood is every bit as much ''the son of God'' as is Jesus (assuming he actually existed).

Everything IS.

If you created an ant, and the ant decided to worship your nails, or your fingers, would you get angry and ''punish'' the ant? Torture it forever in hellfire? Make it scream in agony for eternity?

That would be absolutely crazy!

The ant is worshipping the part of YOU that it can identify easily with its limited senses.

Thus the entire basis for the exclusivity clause in modern religions like christianity and islam is false.

The idea that there is only ''one valid religion'', is false, and designed to control and dominate the thoughts of followers, and to divide human beings one from the other, for the material benefit of a few.

Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by seyibrown(f): 12:55am On Feb 06, 2011
Jen33, Thank you for your definition/description of your God and Creator but as you already know, my God and Creator is VERY DIFFERENT FROM who/what you describe YOURS to be!

Actually, I do know who I am and why I am here - and from the Bible and by the Spirit of God - (the latter)which you have not experienced and both which do not believe in! I am here on earth as a creation and child of God manifesting his love and glory, and accountable to him for everything I do amongst many children who believe they have no accountability to their Father/Creator! I am set apart, loved, protected, guided in my commitment to connect, relate and be obedient to the Creator for MY BRIEF PERIOD ON EARTH in the assurrance of the continuity of a relationship with the creator after this 'brief phase'.

How much help does the 'departed spirit' of a murderer/despoiler executed by the state for his crimes give to the family/relatives he shamed with his behaviour while on earth? Does he/she protect them from murderers/rapists like him or her? and why, seeing as your God does not really care that his creation murder/r(a$p&e one other? If our spirit guides/departed relatives are aspects of God and God does not interact with his creation, how exactly do these 'aspects' of your 'stand aloof and do nothing God' help/interact with God's creation?

How can man be accountable to the state but not accountable to the Creator of the creators of the state?
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 3:30am On Feb 06, 2011
seyibrown said:

How much help does the 'departed spirit' of a murderer/despoiler executed by the state for his crimes give to the family/relatives he shamed with his behaviour while on earth? Does he/she protect them from murderers/rapists like him or her?

No soul is inherently evil. Some near-death experiencers have reported that every soul at core is pure and good. It is the Illusion of separateness which causes what we call ''evil''.

Every soul at some point in its evolution (part of which may involve several human life cycles) becomes rid of that Illusion, and becomes ''whole'' again. At one with ''God''.

EVERY SOUL.

Therefore, that a man was a murderer on earth does not mean his soul ceases to evolve beyond that point. A great part of the illusion is promoted and reinforced by our human system's education, media, religions, and cultural environment. Upon death, a greater CLARITY and AWARENESS is attained by the soul.

It loses the earthly insecurities and anxieties (eg greed, fear, egocentrism) that act as an impulse for ''evil''.

and why, seeing as your God does not really care that his creation murder one other?

We have the capacity to end all murder and injustice tomorrow if we so wish. We are God. Did it occur to you that we don't do this because we don't want to? The core reason is fear. Fear of poverty, fear of ridicule, fear of losing face, fear of death, fear, fear, fear. All fear is caused by ignorance of our true nature. Ignorance of our true nature is a temporal illusion deliberately orchestrated by God to make the great cosmic game called Creation, more meaningful.

If our spirit guides/departed relatives are aspects of God and God does not interact with his creation, how exactly do these 'aspects' of your 'stand aloof and do nothing God' help/interact with God's creation?

Oh to the extent that human beings exist on this earth then yes, as aspects of God, WE are the ones carrying the torch as it were. Our collective task is to recreate heaven on the physical earth plane. (Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven). It is not for us to look ''up there'' to GOD. It is God that has placed US here and who ''looks up to us'' to bring heaven to earth. Bring the Unconditional Love and knowledge that reigns in heaven, to earth.

How can man be accountable to the state but not accountable to the Creator of the creators of the state?

We are accountable to God. But not in the way you think. As aspects of God, we are meant to be accountable to ourselves.

We will be the first to feel the effects of our wrongs on others. When we die, we get a Life Review in our soul/spirit state, in which our actions in this earth life are observed in a rapid panorama. We feel the exact emotions felt by those we wronged. We regret our actions. We judge ourselves. A separate being known as God does not judge us. We, as aspects of God, judge ourselves, in the new clarity and awareness achieved by human ''death''.

It is said to be the most painful experience for a soul to see, feel, and weigh the effects of its negative actions on others. The offending soul feels deeply obliged to make amends for every breach, and finds a way to do so. Judgement comes from within because the kingdom of God is within you.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by seyibrown(f): 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2011
(Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven). It is not for us to look ''up there'' to GOD. It is God that has placed US here and who ''looks up to us'' to bring heaven to earth. Bring the Unconditional Love and knowledge that reigns in heaven, to earth.

We really are FREE to do as we wish. We are FREE to build our own civilizations, our own moral codes, our own ways of doing things.

Jen33. How come the 'stand aloof God's will should now be done on earth?

Even our NL 'Holy Coconut'?  grin  . . . . . some people worship Dildos, too!

Jen33, Your view of God is not the CHRISTian view and if you ACTUALLY do believe what you preach that every religion is valid, then you HOLD THE VIEW that Christianity is one of the many ways to God and you are being ignorant or mischievous in challenging Christian beliefs as inaccurate or misleading! The CHRISTian view is that CHRIST IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, not mixed ideologies (which seems to me like what you hold) or the other 'religions'!
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2011
@Jen33 is just a confused person who has got himself mixed up. The old spirit of Judges 21;25 resides in him "In those days Israel had no king; all people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes."

As aspects of God, we are meant to be accountable to ourselves.

Thank God for making Jesus Christ, Lord of my life.

However @Jen33 and his associates have to be careful of their utterances because Romans 1:21-22 has foretold us about these people "Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.  Claiming to be wise, they instead became UTTER FOOLS"

These people obviously know God but rather than learn more about the Lord, they choose to worship gods of their own making. What a waste of life undecided
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2011
yommyuk's rant exemplifies the ignorance and arrogance of many who subscribe to the christian faith.  You likely haven't got an inkling of who produced that bible, how, where, or why it was produced. Tell us what research you've done into the origins of the New Testament for instance? Do you know the writers of the gospels are unknown?

I repeat, NOBODY KNOWS who wrote the gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  The first discovery of these texts was marked X for ''anonymous''. Subsequent renditions of the text then named them ''the gospels according to Mark'' etc.

Now I don't expect you to take this information and do what every normal intelligent human being would do, ie research it and get to the bottom of it.

I fully expect you to act as dumb and ignorant as you've shown, reject the information without investigation, and indulge in yet another masturbatory exercise in tiresome quotes from the little Jewish book that's replaced your brains.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2011
seyibrown said:

Jen33. How come the 'stand aloof God's will should now be done on earth?

It doesn't have to be done if we, the aspects of God, don't wish it to be done. It all depends on US. Nobody ''up there'' is going to force us to love one another thereby bringing heaven to earth.

Jen33, Your view of God is not the CHRISTian view

No it is not.

and if you ACTUALLY do believe what you preach that every religion is valid, then you HOLD THE VIEW that Christianity is one of the many ways to God and you are being ignorant or mischievous in challenging Christian beliefs as inaccurate or misleading!

There is no contradiction. As I stated earlier, no religion is 'pefect' or 'accurate'. But christians like you need to know the truth regarding the numerous gross imperfections of your creeds. This does not mean that christians are not connecting with Infinite Consciousness owing to the inaccuracy of their teachings. As earlier stated, it is thought and belief that give power to your enterprise, and to other religious enterprises.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Satan's Tricks Exposed / Most Atheists Are Controlled By Religion / Urgent: Whats The Biggest Mosque In Africa, Sub-sahara, And West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.