Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

WHEN WORDS HURT- How To Heal From Hurtful Words - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WHEN WORDS HURT- How To Heal From Hurtful Words (401 Views)

Poetry From Hurtful Rukygold. / "On And Ahead" - A Poem To Heal Depression By Mich Silversun / Punstars; Lets Play On Words. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WHEN WORDS HURT- How To Heal From Hurtful Words by TemidayoRiches(f): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Source: www.temidayoriches.com

Psychologists have found that memories of painful emotional experiences linger far longer than those involving physical pain. That is why you may find it difficult to forget some words that were said to you. A Yoruba adage says; "the tongue is boneless but it is the strongest". Words are powerful. You can't underestimate words.

While researching for this blog post, I found an old adage and I believe it is wrong. It is one of those words our forefathers must have deceived themselves with; "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt". You will agree with me that that's not true, words hurt, words hurt deeply.

I have heard some words that pushed me to become a better me and I have suffered from words that weighed me down for days like burdens, Words are delicate yet stronger than harmer, they can break any heart. A word said cannot be unsaid. How then can we deal with hurtful words? These tips have worked for me and I hope you find them helpful too.

HOW TO HEAL FROM HURTFUL WORDS:

1. Dissect those words

This is different from meditating on those words. A true analysis of those words will help you to know if the words have an iota of truth in them. Sometimes, it's not about you, it's about the person who spoke to you wrongly. So evaluate. If you find out you are wrong in any way, accept responsibility, work on yourself, and trust God to help you.

2. Forgive:

Forgive yourself and the person that said those hurtful words, forgiveness doesn't mean the scar won't be there but it means you no longer shoulder the burden of proving anything to whosoever spoke the words. As someone said, Jesus still had the scar from the nails even when he had forgiven His prosecutors.
If you find out it was because of something you did wrong earlier, forgive yourself still. We are humans and we make mistakes at times.

3. Love yourself:

Someone once said nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission, and that is true. Have a good opinion about who you are. There is no better way to see yourself than the way God sees you. Regardless of your past, you are loved, you are His beloved and you are precious. Decide to love yourself, love your body. You owe yourself that duty.

4. Pray: This works like a magic...

There are four more steps you need to take. Kindly finish reading through this link�

http://www.temidayoriches.com/index.php/2020/06/27/when-words-hurt/

Cc: Lalasticlala, ashsalt, Adunjesuara, Tinycoloredmira, Folanubi148, Bukoladauda, QueenMoyinoluwa, Gracebupo, dunayodawodu, PeterSuccess1, Daretobeone, Faithfulwrites2, lolaspen, Peculiar2020, TemidayoRiches, aved29, trophygracie, fumsin, nueltosin1, Adekemi01, ShalomA, Debbyboboye, 
Clemency24, Fayodamilola, Ruthina1, Honymix, Geniusepoxy, PeculiarInspiro, DebbP, Aymee, Multivite, TheEdenPlace20, Specialneedsedu, omeizadeborah, Oluwamarytalabi, treasuretaiwo, Botapreneur, Olajhidey22

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Has A Copy Of The Mafia Manager By V? / Story Alert!!! / Strange But Amazing Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.