Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable (30158 Views)

Man Who Asked Peter Obi About IPOB At Chatham House, Turns Out To Be APC Member / 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer / Mohammed Umar Named Acting EFCC Chairman - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by 2mercy: 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
The All Progressives Congress (APC) national executive council (NEC) meeting may have come and gone, but the twists from that event are still unfolding.

The meeting, which was presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari, was held at the federal executive council (FEC) chamber.

By using the chamber, which is usually for official government meetings, Buhari drew the ire of many Nigerians and groups including the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) which accused him of violating his oath of office.

But the issue is not just about the venue; there are also concerns about the proceedings such as the swearing-in of Mai Mala Buni, governor of Yobe state, as the APC caretaker committee chairman.

The NEC meeting was not called according to laid-down rules, according to members of the dissolved NWC, because the mandatory seven-day notice was not issued.

But Buni said it was a continuation of the March meeting that was postponed.

Buni was appointed the chairman of the caretaker committee which will run the affairs of the party pending when it elects new officials.

But his appointment is seen as a clear violation of the APC constitution which forbids officers of the party from holding any executive position in government.

Section four under article 17 reads: “No officer in any organ of the Party shall hold executive position office in government concurrently.”

The legal logic is that if you are not qualified to hold a substantive position, then you are not qualified to act.

This is contained in sections 11 (1) and (2) of the Nigerian interpretations act of 2004.

…MALAMI AS WELL

Also, by letting Abubakar Malami, minister of justice and attorney general of the federation (AGF), swear in Buni, the APC also violated another provision of its constitution which states how party officers should be sworn in.

Article 29 of the party’s constitution forbids its officials from taking oath of office before any person other than “an appropriate principal officer of the party.”

The article reads: “Every Officer elected or appointed as an officer of the Party shall subscribe to the Oath of Office as provided in Schedule II to this Constitution before an appropriate Principal Officer of the Party as may be approved by the National Working Committee.”

Is Malami a principal officer of the party? Not by any stretch, according to the party’s constitution.

In a statement on Saturday by Umar Gwandu, Malami’s spokesperson, the AGF said it is not out of place for him to administer oath of office on anyone whether at the federal level, political or to private individuals.

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-buni-not-qualified-to-be-apc-caretaker-chairman

5 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Ezennwa(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
hmm!

President Buhari should surprise everyone by giving APC chairmanship slot to an Igbo man.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
APC have legalized every illegality. it can never be lower than this low in Nigeria

oshomole should not complain because he is the king of illegality

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by aremuforlife(m): 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Ezennwa post=91167897] hmm!

President Buhari should surprise everyone by giving APC chairmanship slot to an Igbo man.
So that they can fully destroy it from inside

20 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Ezennwa(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
aremuforlife:
So that they can fully destroy it from inside
hmm!
I know that a Yoruba person must quote me.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
If them born u well go to court

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Slawormir: 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

2 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by PigTormentor: 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Yeah says the cable.

More TRASH from the confused IPIG delusional fools.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by styless(f): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nothing is illegal in APC.

The party has wiped the divide between lawful and lawless.

Just looking on in 3D.

6 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by chukwuibuipob: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
grin sad APC mata family mata.I stand with IZE IYANU next incoming EDO state gov cool

6 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by tobtap: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
cool cool
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Roon9(m): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
Do they ever get tired.

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Teewhy2: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
In life some people will always be angry on whatever status you attain.

2 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Dangrace01: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by CoronaVirusPro: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Christiano Ronaldo should have been
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by IMO01: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hmm
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by DEEBOZZ(m): 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
You mean Mbappe refused to play for PSG ?
I think PSG should learn a lesson from these whole thing.
I weep for the future of football.

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by anytexy: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
Is alright. next please
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Zico5(m): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
I could see that no one is ascribing the MR INTEGRITY tag on Buhari again. He has achieved his aim of becoming the president for second term, then he is back to northern agenda. All the game is to prevent the south from producing the next president but mark my words today. It will be the beginning of the end for him and his cabal up north. Let him continue to play his games, the south will respond at the appropriate time. Shikena!!!!!!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by chiefolododo(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

yes to MAZI Nnamdi Kanu

6 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lol
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by money121(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Corporate2020: 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Wake up from your dream. It's morning.
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Oladipo1166(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
How will this put food on my table?

Imagine A World Without Bread And Beans ����

2 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
go to court if you're not satisfy
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by x9ja1960: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
Looks like the media war has started.

As usual it will fes be subtle and indirect before e go turn face me I face you grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by One4me: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
k
Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by LudaChriz(m): 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
APC must be delisted from INEC register for Nigeria to progress

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by simplyesther(f): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
there is also NO provision for caretaker chairmanship in their constitution... But anyway, their headache. What do I know sad

5 Likes

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by yourgistpartner: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
no be today, they have always violated everything violatable. I am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Buni Not Qualified To Be APC Caretaker Chairman - The Cable by SaintLucia: 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
They were not happy to see APC resolving their internal problem grin. Wetin even concern them for APC matter? grin Even the PDP spokesman Ologbo abi wetin be hin name sef is helping APC to quote their constitution. Buhari surprised them all and Ize Iyamu automatically become APC candidate grin. PDP wanted to enter and win Edo election without APC contesting just like Zamfara and River. But they got what they never expected cos their mole Mr Giadom Gorodom was sacked for a meeting he called for.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign / House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit / AGF Malami Is A Public Enemy - Tinubu Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.