Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? (48532 Views)

100 Days At Home As A Student, What Have You Achieved? / Summary Of The Last Days At Forcados High School / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Manuel69: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2020
goso39:
Please I have a question.
When is the right time to make good friends, Is it during your NYSC or during your days in the university? I mean friends that can assist you in time to come. Because I find it so difficult to associate with people that are not in my department and also my course mate are just so envious to be such close friends.

Let me guess, you are still in say year one or year two? It's usually like that. Course mate being envious of each other during the first few year's

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Nigra(f): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2020
Meeting my ex bf

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by merieam16(f): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2020
franugo:

hehehe, i thought u were a teenager cheesy
lolz, av u seen me b4? y d assumption
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by johnnobles: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2020
I try small. I was an engineering student who love his book. I was a bit sociable. Joined kegite and leo club. Made 2,1 and made some friends
When I came to Lagos, it was those friends that I network with that gave me an edge in my job search. Na the confra part I regret though I no put am for head. Thank God sha
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by johnnobles: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
my biggest mistake was not joining vikings confreternity or two two then.by now i would have been a rugged sailor.
My brother thank God say you no join, maybe you for no graduate

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Lecturebidz(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2020
samonak:
The worst decision I ever made in life was going to BSU. If I had known I would have endured and graduated from UNN. While In BSU I suffered the worst kind of tribalism one can ever face, had little or no social life and burnt the mid nite candles to no avail. Was roundly failed by most lecturers who were not of the same tribe as myself. The high point was when I entered a lecturer's office for course registration, incidentally he was my Cartography lecturer. Mr Ortsegha, he told me matter of factly, that " You would not graduate" 3 times n I said sir I would graduate. The MF gave me a resounding F in his course. But today I thank God I graduated n working in a reputable establishment. But if you'd ask me, my biggest regret was abandoning my degree program at UNN and opting for BSU.
Kai....! sorry about your experience.
Thank God for you life tho
Lecturers are something else sad
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by BlackLaw: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2020
I deeply regret that I did not take all I was given and all that was made available to me.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
watch this amazing short video that explains how the earth recycle it's water through the water cycle process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHa0ybjqW6U
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by romenna: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
i did well
was able to manage a balance between reading my books and socializing plus graduating with a 2.1
i no regret nada. maybe i for Bleep more kitten
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by sisitito01(f): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
I haven't graduated yet. I'm just in my third year but I wish I spent the last two years going out and socializing more. I hope I spend the next two years making good memories.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Aguemma(m): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
[quote author=fid4fid post=91290995]

Bro, you just dey think like me. If say I know wetin I know now, I swear I for no waste my time with JAMB. I for don collect scholarship Jápá from here... then the Nordic schools were free.

I gained no useful skill in Uni despite with my course. I can not operate a lathe machine or drill press now; Not to talk of a CNC machine. I can't use a welding machine. The whole uni education did not give me skill..... Just rubbish theory theory theory!

YouTube teaches better than this rubbish schools here. My pikin no go repeat that mistake. He must get skill skill skill skill...Hands-on skill.

Now the kid, at his early age, is take advice to learn coding on notepad, designing games on scratch... Teaching him 3D design and printing with a 3D printer. I will get him a laser cutter rigged on a CNC machine.

Did you studied mechanical or materials or metallurgical engineering?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by DorianD(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lifestone:

How can you say this? With this course you can easily be self employed
Trust me it was a mistake,i have course mates/ friends who think alike.note that We all graduated with gud grades but the pain didn't weigh-out the prize.You would count a dozen of Mechanical or electrical Jobs for instance b4 finding one in Chemical.Nigeria isn't just ripe for some courses.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Cousin9999: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
No.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Rick9(m): 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
No o i Am GLAD i went to school oh. before pursuing my career. in music. it was in school i met my one and only.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by lastchild: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nice thread

1.. I never regretted joining blackaxe confraternity but I regret not killing more Vikings

2.. I regretted not fucking as many girls as possible

3... I regretted paying my fees, I should've spent it if I knew University education is a scam

In summary, I never regretted things I did, I only regret things I didn't do

Start living your life now
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Satan66(m): 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Still in school.
Joined a frat and I had to run for my life.
Say no to cultism

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by DrinkWater10: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
SUGARCyprian247:
THANK GOD FOR THIS TREND!!

I will show some undergraduates this.
Me, nothing to regret (FUTO) 1. Social life awesome, went to parties , games and SUG politics to the top.
2. Read a good course (Engr) .. Finished 2'1
3. Made Money .. Laptop saved life..(legit though) 4. Chai F*cked almost all my crushes..
Omo I feel good.. I miss school by the way.

I try to tell many undergraduates diversify but many won't listen .
Diversity into ?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Dipsaint(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
UI is a stressful school.
Countless TDB's. . .
No tangible regret though.
TDB and Bed bugs.. ���
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by JastSiryin(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
Antichristus:

Why do Nigerians call universities, school? I know Americans do (Trump loves the poorly uneducated grin grin grin), but that's not the English/British legacy. Is it?
British legacy indeed. Why didn't the British who moved to the American colony keep their "British" legacy? Why did they have to formulate a new one? You forget how important identity is. It's only in africa that we take pride in being more a replica of western culture than ours. Let's forge our own legacy
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Pegzzyg(f): 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
No regrets maybe tingling feelings at times of not been of a science background perhaps if I was well-informed. I only wished I made first class would have secured a full scholarship abroad by now, but with my 2:1 in my 2 degrees, partial-scholarship is guarantee. I wish I partied too though only went 2 club twice courtesy of my bookish friends on their birthday days.... No regrets just wishes!!
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by trilacos: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Jayrockk:
I started with 2.1 and instead of me to aim for first class or at least maintain my 2.1 i started smoking weed and dropped drastically and was almost at the brink of 3rd class. Anyways in my finals i studied my ass off and finished with 2.2. It is what it is..Now it's all about the bread
i can relate.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by fbabs(m): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
inumidun2010:
My only regret was not being SOCIAL and not PLAYING KEYBOARD for a BIG CHURCH then in KSU(Anyigba) even as good as I was.. I always find myself in small churches( I no know why). Anytime I'm in class and school environment then, I envy those KEYBOARDISTS that plays for big churches and fellowships when girls flock around them and they discuss about songs..I always think this could be me (I was a virgin then sha)...Thank God I finished with a 2.1 (biochemistry)... after I left school, I vowed not to do anything small again.. I served at Ozubulu in Anambra state.. I played for Living Faith Church throughout.. That was when I knew ladies love MUSICALLY INCLINED PEOPLE... I even organized a birthday party 4 myself(Me wey be introvert)...
Now, I have learnt u need to be social to succeed,I can start a conversation with a stranger now.. but 4 ladies part(I dey run from them now because when dem see say I dey jovial... Dem don fall b that).. Social skills is the best, it gives extroverts edge above only INTELLECTUALLY GIFTED PEOPLE
. My VIRGINITY don LOST since I became SOCIAL
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by benjanny(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
Yea my today regret is that I study Quantity Surveying In The Higher Institution Instead Of Journalism or History and International Relations
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Aleboss(m): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
I regret studying Mathematics. I was withdrawn after 6 years. It didn't break me tho but i regret the time and money i spent in BUK
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Profkel: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
modestbrowser:
Futo is a stupid school.

Statistics final year
Lols not really as stupid as you think. Still FUTO, and final years also
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Kseafresh: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
SeniorGee:
Regretted everything about the school.. FUTO angry secondary school self better pass am. Missing results, sorting, destiny destroying lecturers.. name it.
I have my original certificate but they are still looking for transcript... Applied since Nov last year dem never see am. That school na apology
Wasted years
Chai The same Futo wey i dey now
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Kseafresh: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
Discombulator:
My first regret is that I didn't make many friends cos I was this stay indoor and get high alone type.
My second regret was going to every single lectures and taking school too seriously with the thought that it was going to pay off.
Now I'm making money and I don't even remember where my certificate is.
Mentor me pls..am still in school
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Kseafresh: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
SUGARCyprian247:

Chai .. No worries man..

SEET did me well shaa
Hon. Barr. Prof. Emeka Sugar Cyprian Fundamental Greetings
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Kseafresh: 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
SUGARCyprian247:
THANK GOD FOR THIS TREND!!

I will show some undergraduates this.
Me, nothing to regret (FUTO) 1. Social life awesome, went to parties , games and SUG politics to the top.
2. Read a good course (Engr) .. Finished 2'1
3. Made Money .. Laptop saved life..(legit though) 4. Chai F*cked almost all my crushes..
Omo I feel good.. I miss school by the way.

I try to tell many undergraduates diversify but many won't listen .
Am following number 1.. currently an Msrc
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Spaceclenzy1(m): 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
Divay22:

Lol
DSPZ. I had my ND there before Uniport came into the picture.

Alrite.. I noticed ur moniker in uniport forum.. Wats dat ur dept?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by FIDELISFIDECENT: 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
I was over serious back in school. Eventually, I have seen that, succeeding in life has no relationship with how serious you were back in school.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by SUGARCyprian247: 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kseafresh:

Hon. Barr. Prof. Emeka Sugar Cyprian Fundamental Greetings

You are a Good man!!

Inbox me brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Aerial View Of Lagos State University (LASU) / Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Amara Ezenwoye Bags Masters Degree From UK University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.