Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Should I Divorce My Wife? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Divorce My Wife? (65493 Views)

I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? / Should I divorce my wife for this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by 9ja083: 12:22am On Jun 30, 2020
Summary of what u said.
Your wife hates sex.

You and your pastor accused her of having a spiritual husband because of it.

U were having psychological problem and believe it has to do with your wife's spiritual problem. That's 2nd accusation.

She refused to go for deliverance.

Her siblings are supporting her.

U did court wedding but have not paid her bride price.

Conclusion
U accused your wife wrongly and she refused to go for stupid deliverance because she knows that the fake pastor lied against her.

U mind is been played because of the fake evil story they made u to believe about your wife.

Her siblings are supporting her because they know their sister well. U just accused their sister wrongly.

Was your wife like this when u married her newly? Try to sit her down and talk to her on why she suddenly dislike sex and not to carry her matter to all pastors for fake vision.

Your problem with her is sex! Not all those unnecessary things u said against her..
It's like u even hate her and have started treating her bad. U have made up ur mind to divorce an innocent wife.
Ask your wife questions. Show her love. Make her to understand that that u love her and u are ready to support her or help her overcome her fears.
If u can't do It, look for an unbiased marriage councillor or psychologist to help you.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by cooltola(m): 12:29am On Jun 30, 2020
And here comes the anti marriage from commentors who have never married. It is until you are 48 years old then you go know tthe importance of marriage. Marry the right woman and go see how far
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 30, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
What do people see in marriage?

It has never excited me for a second.

I don't know o undecided
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by cally3D(m): 12:30am On Jun 30, 2020
Anyman who divorces his wife for reasons other than unfaithfulness is guilty of adultery with her.

Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Martinez39s(m): 12:32am On Jun 30, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
I didn't understand what this guy said earlier until I reread the Op post. He really didn't do traditional marriage which would explain why the in-laws are against him as well. He was asked to bring cow but he decided against it entirely and went to do court marriage. I know that if it's an Igbo tribe, his action would be viewed as disrespectful and the lady's family will turn against her for marrying him. Now 10 years later and she's still 'unmarried'. Definitely sure her 'behaviour' is as a result of the marriage thing. Her family must be on her neck to get him do the needful yet he refuses to get the sign. Hence, the woman disrespecting him so blatantly is cause she has backing.

Tbh, Op knows the right step to take to remedy the situation but he wants to validate himself online.
Not so fast. Let's assume the op deliberately opted for court wedding to save cost, what's wrong in that? Shouldn't a wise man cut his coat according to his size and avoid unnecessary expenses? As far as the court wedding has been done, the op and his wife are MARRIED. What his wife's family thinks is their business, and it isn't an excuse to be disrespectful and toxic.

You know very well that the OP's wife is not misbehaving because the traditional wedding never happened, she is doing so because it is who she is. If it were about the traditional wedding, she wouldn't have married the op; what stops her from leaving the op? I am not surprised by your disingenuousness; what wouldn't a woman do to defend her fellow woman. Good night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Poseidon000: 12:32am On Jun 30, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Endurance is very important in marriage, I know of a distant distant distant uncle who endured all manner of things in his marriage, and he's still there enduring, infact, his daughters always pray to have a husband like their father, becos of his high level of prayer and endurance, so Op pray very well ehn, you will be fine.
I don't want to sound recriminatory, so, wouldn't want to embroil your male kin's in this, but would you endure a marriage with a none violent abusive misogynist? I'm unequivocally positive the answer is 'No'.

So, why council him to endure a disrespectful, crass and selfish partner, who abdicated the very solemnity(sex) marriage is predicated on(- that's if we should bank on the veracity of his claim.)
This is why I've strong reservation soliciting female advice on this kind of issue, cause you lot inevitably find a way to enmesh gender sentiment in your advice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Flourishing19(f): 12:34am On Jun 30, 2020
@OP, something bites you after s,ex and you still want to do it shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Temhellen(f): 12:36am On Jun 30, 2020
One4me:

You did not say anything about the demon, Spirit husband bitting his Pr!ck, what is your advice for that one?
What about the inlaws that conspire against him, wetin im go do about those scoundrels? grin grin
Make he go deposit e prick for prick bank Incase he late divorce her cos na the instrument he go use with d next wife be dat . As for d in laws, make he buy puff puff add rat poisoning give them
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:41am On Jun 30, 2020
Martinez39s:
Not so fast. Let's assume the op deliberately opted for court wedding to save cost, what's wrong in that? Shouldn't a wise man cut his coat according to his size and avoid unnecessary expenses? As far as the court wedding has been done, the op and his wife are MARRIED. What his wife's family thinks is their business, and it isn't an excuse to be disrespectful and toxic.

You know very well that the OP's wife is not misbehaving because the traditional wedding never happened, she is doing so because it is who she is. If it were about the traditional wedding, she wouldn't have married the op; what stops her from leaving the op? I am not surprised by your disingenuousness; what wouldn't a woman do to defend her fellow woman. Good night.

Didn't you read the part where Op said the in-laws are against him as well? I tell you no woman will be that disrespectful and everyone will be on her side. None at all. It is clear the Op is painting the wife black to favor him, while forgetting to pen down his shortcomings as well.

@ the bold. You people will never fail to amaze me.
Typical of you to call me fake and gender biased because I pointed out a likely reason for her behaviour, but in the same vein you seem to accept whatever the Op said just because he's a man. Now tell me who's being disingenuous here?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Temhellen(f): 12:41am On Jun 30, 2020
osazsky:
ignore him..from what he typed the guy is 100000 percent irresponsible...he didn't marry her for 10 years and was waiting for her parent to die so that he can dodge marraige expenses now he is looking for respect cuz he paid 10 thousand naira to sign oredo local govt papers
Lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by madridsta007(m): 12:43am On Jun 30, 2020
Encash:
I had introduction. We we're about to do the traditional marriage. Her mother died. I invited the family after two years since her parents are dead one of the distant uncle gave me a bill, including a cow. We opted for a court marriage. It was done.

But this woman is disrespectful. Pastors prophet tell she has a spirit husband. Sometimes I see a man fighting me in the dream. After sex smthing will bit my d..k. 3 times a year. She refused to go for deliverance She is stubborn and self centered

Her brothers and sisters are supporting her ill manners. Myself and brothers have gone to the police station once. This is because of the differences. Ok, Come and take your sister I won't see them. She can leave my kids for me or take them along. I do 80percent of the spending, paying house rent for more than 10 years and payment of fees. A frigid woman that hate sex like shit.

People advise I stay because of the kids. But I can't continue like this. I am fed up .

Please advise no insult.

When a woman is disrespectful, stubborn and self centred, single men, break up with her.
You’ll live a life of regret if you don’t.
As for the OP, she is your wife. Prayerfully find a way to sort things out. Not divorce.
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:46am On Jun 30, 2020
Poseidon000:

I don't want to sound recriminatory, so, wouldn't want to embroil your male kin's in this, but would you endure a marriage with a none violent abusive misogynist? I'm unequivocally positive the answer is 'No'.

So, why council him to endure a disrespectful, crass and selfish partner, who abdicated the very solemnity(sex) marriage is predicated on(- that's if we should bank on the veracity of his claim.)
This is why I've strong reservation soliciting female advice on this kind of issue, cause you lot inevitably find a way to enmesh gender sentiment in your advice.

You guys will always aim at sounding objective but end up being biased once you realise a woman made the comment. Seriously, what's with the bold?

And, please do take note to not advice a woman to endure a cheating, disrespectful partner all in the name of marriage because of the sentimental and egoistic excuse for indiscipline in the form of the infamous 'men are polygamous in nature' phrase.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by kid7soccer(m): 12:51am On Jun 30, 2020
laluski:

If nobody insults you...I will..you deserve it.imagine as an elder brother to you,I know all you're passing Tru and you keep taking all this nonsense. Over and over again..for 10 good bloody years? And you're still asking for advice to stay or leave? ARE YOU MAD? ARE U PSYCHOLOGICALLY DERANGED?
wait..is it until dey bury your dead body and you jam her husband for hell fire nahim you go get sense and do the right thing that would have been late by then..noo...don't leave ...stay...Ewu me
you deserve a bottle of cold chill malt. I just tire for some people. All this husband stab wife, wife stab husband never clear them for eye
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Martinez39s(m): 12:54am On Jun 30, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
[/b]Didn't you read the part where Op said the in-laws are against him as well?
Why wouldn't they (wife's family) be against someone they didn't milk dry in the name of bride price? grin Is that enough reason why the woman must be disrespectful and toxic to her husband?

I tell you no woman will be that disrespectful and everyone will be on her side. None at all. It is clear the Op is painting the wife black to favor him, while forgetting to pen down his shortcomings as well.
Lies. The wife, being a toxic person, hates the OP. The family, on failing to milk the OP dry in the name of brideprice, hate the OP. They inadvertently share a common hatred and would support the wife in making hell for the man they hate; after all, the wife's family WRONGLY don't consider him her husband for not paying the brideprice. grin

@ the bold. You people will never fail to amaze me.
Typical of you to call me fake and gender biased because I pointed out a likely reason for her behaviour, but in the same vein you seem to accept whatever the Op said just because he's a man. Now tell me who's being disingenuous here?
You and I know that you are biased towards the woman. The op narrated his supposed ordeal, and I advised him based on his story. It's that simple: if you don't like your spouse, and you think your spouse is toxic, get a divorce. undecided undecided
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Toks2008(m): 12:58am On Jun 30, 2020
Encash:
I had introduction. We we're about to do the traditional marriage. Her mother died. I invited the family after two years since her parents are dead one of the distant uncle gave me a bill, including a cow. We opted for a court marriage. It was done.

But this woman is disrespectful. Pastors prophet tell she has a spirit husband. Sometimes I see a man fighting me in the dream. After sex smthing will bit my d..k. 3 times a year. She refused to go for deliverance. She is stubborn and self centered.

Her brothers and sisters are supporting her ill manners. Myself and brothers have gone to the police station once. This is because of the differences. Ok, Come and take your sister I won't see them. She can leave my kids for me or take them along. I do 80percent of the spending, paying house rent for more than 10 years and payment of fees. A frigid woman that hate sex like shit.

People advise I stay because of the kids. But I can't continue like this. I am fed up .

Please advise no insult.

Unfortunately you cant divorce her except for marital infidelity says Jesus so learn to cope bro...no mrriage is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by michresakidjo(m): 1:00am On Jun 30, 2020
All you need is prayer

You can't fight the devil with evil(twins)

Praying ceaselessly until a change of attitude

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:03am On Jun 30, 2020
Martinez39s:
Why wouldn't they (wife's family) be against someone they didn't milk dry in the name of bride price? grin Is that enough reason why the woman must be disrespectful and toxic to her husband?

Lies. The wife, being a toxic person, hates the OP. The family, on failing to milk the OP dry in the name of brideprice, hate the OP. They inadvertently share a common hatred and would support the wife in making hell for the man they hate; after all, they WRONGLY don't consider him her husband for not paying the brideprice. grin

You and I know that you are biased towards the woman. The op narrated his supposed ordeal, and I advised him based on his story. It's that simple: if you don't like your spouse, and you think your spouse is toxic, get a divorce. undecided undecided

Advising him based on his story about her behaviour makes you biased; gender biased if I dare say. Even other males here can sense Op just wants to score points to validate his claim. If he wants to divorce, he should go ahead but even he knows it's not in his best interest to do so.

The statement 'milking him dry' is fallacious at best. Marriage expects certain commitments which he failed to uphold, such that even the devil will be against him (biting preek grin). The man gave an opportunity for him to be disrespected and he's reaping it in multitudes. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Martinez39s(m): 1:12am On Jun 30, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
Advising him based on his story about her behaviour makes you biased; gender biased if I dare say. Even other males here can sense Op just wants to score points to validate his claim. If he wants to divorce, he should go ahead but even he knows it's not in his best interest to do so.
Na you sabi. This is my last post to you on this thread. If you like, think the man is a wife beater, na you sabi. grin

The statement 'milking him dry' is fallacious at best. Marriage expects certain commitments which he failed to uphold, such that even the devil will be against him (biting preek grin). The man gave an opportunity for him to be disrespected and he's reaping it in multitudes. Simple.
As long as they have done court wedding, they are married. It's up to husband and wife to agree on how the wedding will be. If the wife's family disrespects him, I understand since people can't be faulted for . If the wife disrespects him, it's unjustifiable. Who is forcing the wife to stay in the marriage? Who forced the wife to do court wedding? grin Doesn't it take two to tango? grin

I rest my case. I have to sleep.

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by larryking540: 1:14am On Jun 30, 2020
Oluromantic:
The change in attitude of women once they cross the wedding border is scary. I actually don't know what to say. I don't support divorce and abortions so I'd advice you do the praying for her and hope that God changes her. You will triumph by God's grace
and when it comes to sex ,some women endure till they give birth and that's the end of sex in the hux for life,infact it becomes a tabu if the husband ask for it
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by larryking540: 1:17am On Jun 30, 2020
ojun50:
I have come to understand that one's women start giving birth dey start hating sex..

Op you are the one wearing the shoe, do what make you be at peace
don't let anybody deceive you,it's just a means of excaping from sex ,some ladies or girls don't like sex ,
have you not seen a story here in nairaland where where the op says the husband refuse to have sex with her after few month after delivery...
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by lilmerhnuel(m): 1:17am On Jun 30, 2020
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by lilmerhnuel(m): 1:19am On Jun 30, 2020
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by mrchineke: 1:20am On Jun 30, 2020
Dande55:

Is she suppose to pay school fees and house rent? Why are you complaining about paying bills in the house? So that jobless men here can call her names or what exactly is your point?
Back to your issue: Why can't you work on your marriage? Maybe you should try dressing well and looking nice. Do you have pot belly? How's your sex game like?

Foolish African idiots abound!

YES!!! She bloody well is!!!! No wonder the country is in grave poverty and stupidity. Please adjust to the real world. There is nothing like husband and wife, it's partners and 2020 any woman who can't pay rent and assist husband is not worth marriage.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by mrchineke: 1:24am On Jun 30, 2020
supereagle:

It seems we are suffering the same thing. Mine maybe more than yours. The only thing mine is after in the house is give me money. I handle the house chores myself.
She brings problems for me from outside regularly. She sell our household properties as she wants it.
Anyway, marriage is meant to enjoyed and not to be endured. Marriage can be likened to a wrap gift, whatever you see there when you open is your own .

Pure rubbish!!! Please stop this superstitious nonsense else by 52 you'll be dead and gone. Leave if there is no peace.

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by vickydevoka(m): 1:24am On Jun 30, 2020
Dats y I can't marry my galfriend bcus I knw dis kinda thing will come up. Jst ask u describe ur wife na so she be. She behave like sum1 who is possess. Na her beauty de make me stick to her buh lie lie I better remain single
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by mrchineke: 1:27am On Jun 30, 2020
Taiwojon:

whatever the situation
please settle it with your wife

GOD HATE DIVORCE

Ignorant village fools!!!

Why are we so superstitious and STUPID in this country?

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by soojar(m): 1:27am On Jun 30, 2020
Encash:

But this woman is disrespectful. Pastors prophet tell she has a spirit husband. Sometimes I see a man fighting me in the dream. After sex smthing will bit my d..k. 3 times a year. She refused to go for deliverance. She is stubborn and self centered.

Please advise no insult.

Which one is our own na? Did you call us when you wanted to marry her?

On a serious note. Write all the bad attributes of your wife on one side and the good attributes on the other.
Write your own bad attributes under her good attributes (be honest with yourself) and write your good under her own.

I would have told you to do cross multiplication but I don't know if that will cause another issue grin. But just look at the interchanged good and bad. You will have a fair picture of what to do. You might even be suprised that she is actually the one tolerating you all these while, maybe she should have divorced you long ago.

Conclusion: Life is too short to be unhappy, drop anything or anything that will make you unhappy and move on. Remember to prepare for the after life though.
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Poseidon000: 1:27am On Jun 30, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You guys will always aim at sounding objective but end up being biased once you realise a woman made the comment. Seriously, what's with the bold?

And, please do take note to not advice a woman to endure a cheating, disrespectful partner all in the name of marriage because of the sentimental and egoistic excuse for indiscipline in the form of the infamous 'men are polygamous in nature' phrase.
First off; it's bareface disingenuity on your part to highlight my last sentence with your rhetorical question that is pointless from the get go, cos a quick perusal of this thread will show palpable proof where female opine is quintessential skewed toward, and accentuate my point with effortless conformity.

That said: I think I'm beginning to develop resentment for marriage as practiced in our present dispensation, but if I should express an opinion-then I had say that; philanders are irresponsible fuckwits that i couldn't care less about. Do not muddle me for one or an advocate, cos I myself have got strong aversion for them.
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by mrchineke: 1:28am On Jun 30, 2020
vickydevoka:
Dats y I can't marry my galfriend bcus I knw dis kinda thing will come up. Jst ask u describe ur wife na so she be. She behave like sum1 who is possess. Na her beauty de make me stick to her buh lie lie I better remain single

Beauty kee u there!

You are starring at your own death!

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Dande55: 1:29am On Jun 30, 2020
mrchineke:

Foolish African idiots abound!

YES!!! She bloody well is!!!! No wonder the country is in grave poverty and stupidity. Please adjust to the real world. There is nothing like husband and wife, it's partners and 2020 any woman who can't pay rent and assist husband is not worth marriage.
Well, aslong as he drops the "head of the home" title and his African ego as the "man of the house " , so he can wash plates, sweep house, mob, serve me food, wash my undies, take care of the babies, cook food for me and all of what that needs to be done. Then, I can consider that. But as long as we are in a traditional marriage, he should take up 100% responsibility in the home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by mrchineke: 1:32am On Jun 30, 2020
onlinestaff2020:
Forget about prayers in this matter.

Who prayers help?

If prayers really works, why are good people dying everyday?

Nairalanders, have you all Sat down and estimate how many people have died this year?

Prayers don't work.

God don't exist.

Op, you need to take the bull by the horn while the sun is still shining.

Discuss with your wife for the last time on the way forward.

If she refuses to listen to you, divorce her ASAP.

Divorce is necessary, so that anger will not take you to murder her or she murders you first.

Thereafter, look for a young girl that you can spend the rest of your life with.

Marriage in many situations, is a pure SCAM.

Marriage is NEVER compulsory.

That's my two cents.

Pronto!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS!!!!

grin though I know their imaginary God doesn't bloody exist.
Re: Should I Divorce My Wife? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:35am On Jun 30, 2020
Poseidon000:

First off; it's bareface disingenuity on your part to highlight my last sentence with your rhetorical question that is pointless from the get go, cos a quick perusal of this thread will show palpable proof where female opine is quintessential skewed toward, and accentuate my point with effortless conformity.

And you were trying to be objective. Smh

If you really went through this thread, you'd have noticed that all gender shared equal views on the topic. Most females told him to divorce, as was with some guys. The rest said he was at fault for inviting prophets, while a handful were of the opinion his non payment of bride price was the issue for the problems in his marriage.

But as usual, you'd turn it around to mean women were blaming the Op and supporting their gender irrespective of the situation. Women do not have herd mentality, you know?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? / When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.