Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (21563 Views)

Nigeria Ranks 109th Out Of 125 Countries In 2023 Global Hunger Index / Ike Ekweremadu's 61st Birthday Is Today / Tunde Idiagbon's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by oluwaahmed: 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Balaxx:
anioma then

Afonja, what is the meaning of anioma? Let me educate you. Anioma=Land of Beauty. The man was even one of the forerunners of ohaneze.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by oluwaahmed: 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
Balaxx:
Delta please

What language is delta? So he's an English man. In your quest to disassociate them with igbo, you sound like a colonial slave. Ok what is the meaning of Delta?
Efulefu

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
majamajic:
Denis osadebe is father to osita osadebe , the greatest Igbo musician
How come osita or atani was not mentioned here
I stand to be corrected , if this Denis is a different one

So much Ignorance in one post.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Balaxx: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
oluwaahmed:

Afonja, what is the meaning of anioma? Let me educate you. Anioma=Land of Beauty. The man was even one of the forerunners of ohaneze.
u fool am from delta
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Balaxx: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
oluwaahmed:

What language is delta? So he's an English man. In your quest to disassociate them with igbo, you sound like a colonial slave. Ok what is the meaning of Delta?
Efulefu
I nor get ur time
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Lamasta(m): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
He was a great man and leader
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by chubinwa(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
His music remains evergreen. unlike these musicians we have now. once it finish trending, that will be the end.
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by MetaPhysical: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
Dennis Osadebay was not a governor but a Premier of Mid Western region.
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Emyogalanya: 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
lalasticlala:
Dennis Osadebay Turns 109 Today

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Osadebay
can you explain what you mean by "parents of mixed cultural background"
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Emyogalanya: 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
I went to the same school very close to asaba textile mill
Kez11:
The secondary School I attended was named after him...Osadenis High School, Asaba, Delta State.
same here too what year maybe i'll get to meet an old friend today
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Emyogalanya: 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
chubinwa:
His music remains evergreen. unlike these musicians we have now. once it finish trending, that will be the end.
Music kwa? Not only music na movie. What has dennis got to do with music?
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Igboid: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Kwon1999:

No No.

Dennis is from present day Delta state, while Osita from Anambra.

They answer the name Osadebe because they are western Ndigbo.

Not: some parts of Anambra are part of western Igbo.

That is the same way cross river Ndigbo answer Obasi.

By cross river Igbo, I don't mean Ndigbo who found themselves in cross river state; I mean Ndigbo who's land touches the river "cross"

Not: Mazi is an Igbo name, but it is only answered by Aros and Ndingwa.

Go and sit down.

Osadebey is a shortened form of Olisadebe. It's not a western Igbo name. It's an Igbo name born by Western Igbo and parts of Anambra, especially Idemili , Onitsha, Ogbaru. And we(Anambra)are not western Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Kez11: 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Emyogalanya:
I went to the same school very close to asaba textile mill same here too what year maybe i'll get to meet an old friend today

Class of 2002...
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
Igboid:

Go and sit down.

Osadebey is a shortened form of Olisadebe. It's not a western Igbo name. It's an Igbo name born by Western Igbo and parts of Anambra, especially Idemili , Onitsha, Ogbaru. And we(Anambra)are not western Igbo.

Did I say that Osadebey is not Olisadebe?

Western Ndigbo and parts of Anambra are they only Ndigbo that answer it.

For your info. Onitsha is part of Anioma, which is western Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
Igboid:

Go and sit down.

Don't quote me again.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Igboid: 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
Kwon1999:

Don't quote me again.

Onitsha is not Anioma. Anioma is a political union which Onitsha is not part of.
Onitsha is Eastern Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Igboid:

Onitsha is not Anioma. Anioma is a political union which Onitsha is not part of.
Onitsha is Eastern Igbo.

Politically Eastern Igbo, but culturally western Igbo.
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Igboid: 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Kwon1999:

Politically Eastern Igbo, but culturally western Igbo.

I don't understand what you mean by culturally western Igbo.
Ogwaashi uku is part of Western Igbo yet are descendants of Nri in Eastern Igbo.
Can we as well claim that Ogwashiuku is culturally Eastern Igbo?

Please Igbo is Igbo. If you start going the way you are, you cause confusion because everyone is intertwined within the Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
Igboid:

I don't understand what you mean by culturally western Igbo.
Ogwaashi uku is part of Western Igbo yet are descendants of Nri in Eastern Igbo.
Can we as well claim that Ogwashiuku is culturally Eastern Igbo?

Please Igbo is Igbo. If you start going the way you are, you cause confusion because everyone is intertwined within the Igbo.

Nwanna Igbo wu Igbo.

It is not good to argue things like these in the midst of enemies.

Let the arguments wait till the creator will give us Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Emyogalanya: 7:11am On Jun 30, 2020
Kez11:

Class of 2002...
worlds apart. Early 90s nice meeting you

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gartamanta: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2020
Celense:
Is Osadebay the English version of Osadebe? Its Osadebe not Osadebay. Do Correct yourself.

The spelling is different but the pronunciation and meaning are same
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gartamanta: 8:40am On Jun 30, 2020
Balaxx:
anioma then

There is no tribe called Anioma either. Anioma is an area just like Nigeria or Lagos or Anambra. There was nothing even called Anioma until the 1970's

1 Like

Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Kez11: 9:11am On Jun 30, 2020
Emyogalanya:
worlds apart. Early 90s nice meeting you

Indeed, worlds apart.

Nice meeting you too...
Re: Dennis Osadebay's 109th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Balaxx: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2020
gartamanta:

There is no tribe called Anioma either. Anioma is an area just like Nigeria or Lagos or Anambra. There was nothing even called Anioma until the 1970's
and so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways / Kidnapper, Gudda Turji Threatens Zamfara Villages Over Closing Of Markets / 'Jonathan Refused To Approve Fourth Mainland Bridge' – Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.