Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,044 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend (88896 Views)

Bitter South African Politician Removes Transformer After Election Loss / Japan: Man Spends Over $20,000 To Transform Into 'human Dog', Takes First Walk. / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2020
In South Africa, a fraudulent Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) payment has resulted in a packer at a paint warehouse becoming an instant millionaire.

Tshepang Phohole received a 5.7 million rands (128 million naira) payout from the UIF which was supposed to go to 1,400 workers for lockdown relief. Instead, he and his family allegedly defrauded the state and went on a massive spending spree. The UIF payment was originally meant to go to CSG Resources, a labour brokerage company, but instead, the funds landed up in Phohole's account.

Thobile Lamati, the director-general of the labour department informed parliament's standing committee on public accounts on Friday that Phohole created a new profile as an employer using CSG's UIF number and entered his own banking details into the system. "When the company tried to access the system, they were blocked. They then requested a new password and were given access. They uploaded their employees, but overlooked the changed banking details," he said.

On the day that the money was paid into Phohole's account, he transferred the money into a number of different ones according to court documents. R1-million to his father Godfrey Mojela, R980 000 to his sister Itumeleng Masoko, R2.3-million to his brother-in-law Tebogo Masoko and R1.25-million to Taetso Zulu. The following 2 days saw the money being exchanged between the accounts. This was an attempt to obfuscate the source of the funds and confuse investigators.

Court papers reveal that the family used the funds to buy new tombstones for late family members and to renovate a cafe.

His mother, Meisie Mojela, described him as a "good boy" who was caring and compassionate - and who had never before found himself on the wrong side of the law.

https://briefly.co.za/69647-tshwane-family-spending-spree-r57m-uif-payment.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by tillaman(m): 8:59am On Jun 29, 2020
Funny thing is if he was a Nigerian you will find them South Africans masturbatingg Over this on SM, Twitter no go rest that day, always looking for the slightest opportunity to talk down on Nigerians, we won’t see them now!!
Eres una Marica

316 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Bossontop(m): 9:03am On Jun 29, 2020
And they will be tagging all nigerians as scammers...... Mtcheewww

334 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by chatinent: 9:08am On Jun 29, 2020
Fraud is now being glorified.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by donbachi(m): 9:08am On Jun 29, 2020
They are all connected....phoholepuppi.

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 9:11am On Jun 29, 2020
Bossontop:
And they will be tagging all nigerians as scammers...... Mtcheewww

This is a rare case in South Africa.

MODIFIED: A lot of u are mentioning me incensed by this statement above. Well, it's the truth so live with it. Not my fault you tarnished your own reputation through global fraud.

P. S. This statement is directed at the haters and not ALL my Nigerian peeps.

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 29, 2020
Hmm, I dont think this kind money can be recovered. He will only serve jail term

15 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Nbote(m): 9:18am On Jun 29, 2020
Abeg na d govt make d mistake jare... D guy simply cashed out d from d mistake made by d fund administrators.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by darocha1: 9:19am On Jun 29, 2020
Africa!!!
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by majamajic(m): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

Thank u very much
U expected it to be higher when Nigeria has a higher population than them ?
By population average them and Ghana are more corrupt than Nigeria.
They also have trackable funds unlike Nigeria that's madly rich

168 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by sexylassie2(f): 9:36am On Jun 29, 2020
The last time a south African girl who was a student spent excess money credited to her account.

Now, this guy, it seems there are many cases like this but they don't make news.

Now, he will have to pay back everything or face jail time

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 9:38am On Jun 29, 2020
majamajic:

Thank u very much
U expected it to be higher when Nigeria has a higher population than them ?
By population average them and Ghana are more corrupt than Nigeria.
They also has trackable funds unlike Nigeria that's madly rich

The World Bank and IMF would beg to disagree. Anyway, grin, are you saying Nigeria is so rich that it wouldn't cry over 128 million naira and other fraud cases? Atleast that's what I think you're saying.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by majamajic(m): 9:41am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

The World Bank and IMF would beg to disagree. Anyway, grin, are you saying Nigeria is so rich that it wouldn't cry over 128 million nairaland and other corruption cases? Atleast that's what I think you're saying.

If u talk about looting , u have to access resources too , can u thief what u don't have ?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 9:41am On Jun 29, 2020
sexylassie2:
The last time a south African girl who was a student spent excess money credited to her account.

Now, this guy, it seems there are many cases like this but they don't make news.

Now, he will have to pay back everything or face jail time

You mean this case?

9 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by majamajic(m): 9:41am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

The World Bank and IMF would beg to disagree. Anyway, grin, are you saying Nigeria is so rich that it wouldn't cry over 128 million nairaland and other corruption cases? Atleast that's what I think you're saying.

If u talk about looting , u have to access resources too , can u thief what u don't have ? Africans are same in terms of corruption

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by majamajic(m): 9:42am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

If u talk about looting , u have to access resources too , can u thief what u don't have ? Africans are same in terms of corruption , Nigeria is no difference just that they have more to loot
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 9:43am On Jun 29, 2020
majamajic:

If u talk about looting , u have to access resources too , can u thief what u don't have ?

Nigerian fraud is not only limited to Nigeria. That's why the country is synonymous with scams throughout the world.

4 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by sexylassie2(f): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

You mean this case?

Yes, I guess there are many cases like that.

3 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

Yes, I guess there are many cases like that.

Yes, it's a problem. The administrators blame it on irregular records in the system. But they're working on fixing it. It's not deliberate fraud.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by itsme01: 10:48am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

Nigerian fraud is not only limited to Nigeria. That's why the country is synonymous with scams throughout the world.

While SouthAfrica is synonymous to Rape, Xenophobia, and HIV

I think a rationale person would prefer fraud as the lesser of the two evils

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2020
itsme01:

While SouthAfrica is synonymous to Rape, Xenophobia, and HIV

I think a rationale person would prefer fraud as the lesser of the two evils

Is that all Nigeria is infamous for - scamming? You don't wanna go that route with me.

6 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by itsme01: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

Is that all Nigeria is infamous for - scamming? You don't wanna go that route with me.

And who said I mentioned all about S.A

19 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 11:02am On Jun 29, 2020
itsme01:

And who said I mentioned all about S.A

Send the complete list and I'll gladly reciprocate. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by itsme01: 11:03am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

Send the complete list and I'll reciprocate.

Why send a list that you already have ? Ain't you in S.A

45 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2020
itsme01:

Why send a list that you already have ? Ain't you in S.A

Then why did u attempt to remind me in the first place listing rape, HIV, etc? Looks like u chickening out now.

4 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by itsme01: 11:10am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

Then why did u attempt to remind me in the first place listing rape, HIV, etc? Looks like u chickening out now.

Why chicken out in a silly boring Nig vs S.A dick measurement contest when I know we ain't your mates in any thing

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Silentgroper(m): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2020
How do you pronounce the name nw.

poo-hole

ho-hole

or maybe foo-hole
gawd their names are complex

15 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Silentgroper(m): 11:25am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

.. Lol seriously

3 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Bakin3(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2020
Nah wah oooo.

We construct Bio digester (Modern Sockaway). Cheap and quick to install. No waste removal. Little maintenance. Check my signature.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by sexylassie2(f): 11:39am On Jun 29, 2020
TMKsouth:

Yes, it's a problem. The administrators blame it on irregular records in the system. But they're working on fixing it. It's not deliberate fraud.

That is theft, spending money that doesn't belong to you.

A trustworthy person will inform their bank and return the money.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
Silentgroper:
How do you pronounce the name nw.

poo-hole

ho-hole

or maybe foo-hole
gawd their names are complex

Definitely NOT "poo-hole" grin

It's po-ho-le.

8 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by kiddkash(m): 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
e be like say na fraud dey pay ooohhhh.
na to go find lappy remain

but God Abeg make nothing push me to do it

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Luiza Rozova: Inside Putin’s Daughter’s Gaudy & Gold-Plated Penthouse (Pictures) / US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) / Malia Obama Kissing & Smoking With Her Boyfriend, Rory Farquharson In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.